Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1085 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
16. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 14:25 JohnBirshire

So its confirmed, you don't know what you're talking about.

Wrong. What I said is that there is almost nothing here that wasn't already available. However, I said I was still going to buy it. There was nothing inflammatory about what I said, only fact, so can your hostile response.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2012, 14:30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 12:58 JohnBirshire

This is more than just a widescreen patch. They had done a lot of other changes to the game to make the UI fit correctly and a lot of other enhancements. so your logic is flawed.
With the widescreen patch the interface fits perfectly, there is no letterboxing or wasted space, and you can also change the resolution as well. So no, nothing flawed about the logic. Unless it includes some pretty massive overhauls, engine or graphics updates, or gameplay changes, this wasn't necessary. I agree with nin as well, I don't need to have 100 different download clients installed, let me grab it from a website or Steam.

1. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 12:22 JohnBirshire

You can buy this on GOG, install the widescreen patch, and be playing this game problem-free within 5 minutes of reading this. So I'm not sure how neccessary this overhaul was. But I'm a sucker for old school epic RPGs, so will probably buy it anyways.  

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
19. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 21:45 JohnBirshire

Kajetan wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 18:41:
If you are soooo mature, why not ignore this comment above and just play the games you have fun with? Instead you rage on like a little child.

Didn't say anything about being "sooo mature", and your definition of "raging like a child" is a little bizarre. Your reading comprehension needs a little work unfortunately. So let me reiterate it for you, a few who think themself old school are critisizing the game as being new school garbage that only raging kiddies would find enjoyable. What I'm saying is that this isn't true, myself and many who have been gaming for a long time are enjoying it and getting their monies worth. So if someone is on the fence about getting it, give it a shot.

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
14. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 18:35 JohnBirshire

inveigle88 wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 16:47:
Too bad this game sucks, IMHO. This is the worst gaming purchase I have made in some time.

Blah blah blah, tired of hearing this crap. I've been a gamer my entire life, and my favorite games include PC classics such as Wasteland, Tie Fighter, Darklands, Ultima Series, Arena: Elder Scrolls, Privateer, Syndicate, Civilization, and Master of Orion. I've played more games over the last 30 years than 99.9% of gamers. I'm not 13, I don't "talk shit" in voice chat or teabag people I kill, etc. All you haters can stereotype people who play this game to your hearts content, but I love it, have been playing the hell out of it since day one, and count it as one of my favorite games of this year. No regrets with the purchase whatsoever.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
47. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 22, 2012, 02:18 JohnBirshire

I hope this game is an acquired taste, because my first impression of it has been awful. *and I loved Planetside*  

7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 20, 2012, 23:40 JohnBirshire

So does it really just drop you in the middle of a battle with no idea what you're doing? Probably a really bad first impression for a lot of first timers, should have started you in a training tutorial and let you remap your keys and such. Seems like a terrible design decision. If I wasn't familiar with Planetside and knew how good this game could be, I would have said screw it and logged out, as I imagine a lot of people will do.  

5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 20, 2012, 22:37 JohnBirshire

Whoa, seems like this came out of nowhere, I didn't even know it was close to being released yet. Been playing the hell out of Black Ops 2...but I loved Planetside, downloading now.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM
30. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 18, 2012, 02:28 JohnBirshire

Kickstarter raises 4.2 million. In other news, Black Ops 2 earns 500 million in 24 hours.

Sorry, this kickstarter stuff doesn't sound very significant to me.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diary
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 9, 2012, 01:41 JohnBirshire

I've been a hardcore Elder Scrolls fan since the very beginning, and Arena is still my favorite game of all time. That being said, when I saw Elder Scrolls Online for the first time today, I almost died of disappointment. It should have resembled the rest of the Elder Scrolls games, not the rest of the MMO's of the last ten years. I've seen enough, will wait for TES 5.  

News Comments > Angry Birds Star Wars Demo Released
5. Re: Angry Birds Star Wars Demo Release Nov 9, 2012, 00:13 JohnBirshire

Angry Birds was the most overrated game I've played in a long time. Required no strategy whatsoever either, you could beat every level by just randomly throwing your birds until you won.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney
20. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 8, 2012, 22:10 JohnBirshire

Gamespot was my favorite gaming website until that fiasco with them firing a reviewer for giving a bad review to one of their sponsors games, haven't been back since.

I'm going to buy NS2 and Chivalry if Black Ops 2 sucks.

News Comments > BioShock Free on GameFly
2. Re: BioShock Free on GameFl Nov 8, 2012, 21:57 JohnBirshire

I actually bought Bioshock when it was new, but didn't get a chance to play it. I decided to finally remedy that a few months ago, found the CD, installed it, but couldn't find the CD Key to play when it prompted me. *in an attempt to defeat pirates, which never works by the way, yet another legitimate purchaser gets screwed* So its tempting to use Gamefly to get a free copy, but I'm not yet sure that I want to install all their software yet.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2012, 12:36 JohnBirshire

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 11:35:
Its amazing how my liberal friends spin the $16 trillion debt as not a big deal. GG America. Time to invest in gold.

Uhmm...because it isn't? I'm not Republican or Democrat, so I'm not bias one way or the other, but I do have an economics degree. The US debt increases everytime we are in a recession, it is an economic necessity. It doesn't matter who is president at the time, our national debt would have gone up significantly even if Mccain was president the last four years. When the economy recovers, which it will *no matter who is president* the debt will be lowered. Its how it has always been, and will always be. Oh, and the kicker? When it is adjusted for inflation, the national debt has actually been TWICE as high as it is now...several times in our history. Go figure?! Sorry, but the sky isn't falling. Oh, and gold is a bubble that will burst like all bubbles do, good luck.

As for marijuana, it is the most over-rated drug of all time. The people who say how bad it is bad are misinformed, and the people who rave about how awesome it is are over-exagerrating. Although I will never use it even if it is legalized, I still don't think it should be illegal.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2012, 01:12 JohnBirshire

I want to get Natural Selection 2, I just have one major concern. When Savage first came out, it was a blast, full evenly matched teams every game. Three months later and the game was a ghost town, as people moved on. With the advent of Steam those days might be long gone, but I'm still skeptical. Any reason to be?  

23. Natural Selection 2 question... Nov 4, 2012, 23:39 JohnBirshire

Does Natural Selection 2 have built-in voice chat? If it does, is it well used?  

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 21:48 JohnBirshire

Only thing I don't understand about Chilvary is that you wear these huge sets of armor, and still die in one hit...what's the point?

I haven't bought either, but will probably end up buying Chivalry and Natural Selection 2, both look fun.

At 20-30 hours Dishonored is fine by me, with so many games to play I don't mind a short play through as long as it's a good one.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Natural Selection 2
17. Might try it... Nov 1, 2012, 00:17 JohnBirshire

I'm starting to get bored with Guild Wars 2, I'm finding PvP to be very repetitive. They only have one PvP game mode, a 16 vs 16 where you fight over three objectives. Need to add a ton more variety very quickly. *I thought WvW would be a blast, but I seem to spend 75% of the time fighting NPC's*

So I'm trying to decide whether to try this, or Chivalry, they both came out at the same time and both seem to be popular. I tried Savage many years ago, was a blast the first week but then it got old with unbalanced teams, incompetent commanders, etc. But those days might be over with Steam, might check this game out.

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
26. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 3, 2012, 23:20 JohnBirshire

Yeah, when you spend 10 years in development and release a piece of crap like Diablo 3. Sold a lot of initial copies because it's Diablo 3, but once word got out that it is trash the sales plummeted.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
37. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 3, 2012, 00:24 JohnBirshire

This is the first MMO that came out in the last 5 years that I played for longer than 3 weeks.  

1085 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo