Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1096 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > FEZ Coming to Steam
31. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 22:08 JohnBirshire

Jerykk wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 04:11:
JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 23:44:
Weeeeeeee!!! I love it when we get console leftovers!

I'm confused. Your last two posts seem to suggest that you dislike console ports, yet in the past, you've professed your love of Skyrim and CoD, two games designed for consoles and ported to PC.

Consistency please.

I complained about getting leftover console ports long after they are released on consoles, and you counter by stating I'm inconsistent for liking two games that were released simultaneously on PC?

Logic please.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FEZ Coming to Steam
15. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 18, 2013, 23:44 JohnBirshire

Weeeeeeee!!! I love it when we get console leftovers!  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition?
8. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 17:31 JohnBirshire

Yes!!! Yes!!! Please give me a cheap port of a console game that came out years ago!!!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 17, 2013, 14:44 JohnBirshire

Whether it is safe or not depends largely on what type of phone you have. I used to text and drive when I had a flip phone, I could type and send an entire message with perfect punctuation without even looking at it. When I upgraded to a smart phone with a physical keyboard, I could type the message without looking, then just had to briefly proofread before sending, at a red light or stop sign. However, my texting while driving days came to an end when I once again upgraded, this time to a smart phone with a digital keyboard. Forget it, it's practically impossible to text on them without taking your attention almost completely from the road. And since they are what the majority of cell phone users have nowadays, it's become extremely dangerous.  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition?
2. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 14:39 JohnBirshire

What's with these games that weren't even in most people's Top 25 list being called "Game of the Year"?  

News Comments > POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update
33. Cutthroat League Mar 15, 2013, 19:35 JohnBirshire

I was going to pass this, then I read about Cutthroat League. Open PvP, drop all items on death. I'm a hardcore fan of this environment, Dread Lord Ultima Online and Asherons Call Darktide were my favorite MMO days. Unfortunately this league isn't available yet, will have to check back later.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center
10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center Mar 13, 2013, 16:42 JohnBirshire

So I downloaded the game, running around aimlessly with no clue what to do or where to go to find a VR terminal. Despite players being all over, nobody seems fit to answer either. So I randomly check out every symbol and station I see until I find a "warpgate map", and when using it I see a "VR Terminal" button to click. When I click on it...nothing happens.

This game is still as terrible as it ever was for newcomers, but I'm going to give it a bit more effort before I give up.

*update* Watching some training videos on Youtube

*update* So apparently the brand new VR Terminals are down and don't work, a lot of people standing around them complaining. Sigh, SoE....

*update* Okay, it appears they aren't down, they are simply full. I'm sure programming a "Sorry this is full" message, instead of simply appearing broken, was too much for the developers. Trying desperately to remind myself why I'm giving this another shot...

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2013, 17:08.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center
4. Good move... Mar 13, 2013, 15:18 JohnBirshire

My number one criticism of this game is that it was atrocious for newcomers. Thrown down in the middle of a fight with no clue how to even control their character made many people say "screw this" and quit immediately. I of course got flamed by fanbois for bringing this up, but if they want far less targets because people abandoned the game without giving it a shot, that's their prerogative.

Thankfully the devs woke up and realized this themselves, and reintroduced this training mode which worked so well for the first game. Redownloading, going to give this another go.

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
20. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 14:25 JohnBirshire

The free game I'm sure only applies to people who already bought SimCity, not new purchases, so dont rush out to buy it thinking you'll take advantage.

I remember Comcast took two weeks to fix my service once, and they offered me 5 full games. Much to my dismay, they were all cheap browser games, go figure.

I bought Deus Ex 2 from Gamestop when they had employees opening the boxes and taking stuff out of them, supposedly to hamper a competitor, and they apologized by giving me a $50 gift card.

Now that I think about it, companies often buy people off when their immoral actions backfire.

News Comments > More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans
12. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 6, 2013, 14:22 JohnBirshire

How much money can someone make playing Diablo 3 for 16 hours a day on the Auction House?  

News Comments > Diablo III Item Change Plans
14. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 23:39 JohnBirshire

Does Path of the Exile allow you to change the size of the mini-map in the top right corner?

How much money can a farmer make playing Diablo 3 for 16 hours a day on the Auction House?

News Comments > Lord British's Countdown
17. Re: Lord British's Countdown Mar 2, 2013, 21:58 JohnBirshire

Ultima is the greatest series of all time, even the creator of the Final Fantasy series credits it with inspiring him to make their first game.

I played Ultima Online off and on for twelve years, no other MMOs have scratched the surface of the immersion that game had, and I've played 50+ of them.

My favorite of the series is Ultima 7, game blew my mind, and is still my second favorite game of all time behind the first Elder Scrolls game.

I know for a fact this announcement has nothing to do with Ultima however. Someone is releasing Ultima 6 using the Ultima 7 exult engine soon though, so at least theirs something to look forward to.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 24, 2013, 18:19 JohnBirshire

I loved Skyrim and finished 70% of the content or so. Finished main quest, mages guild, dark brotherhood, and companions. The game got incredibly boring though when you were so powerful you could tear every enemy up in two seconds on hardest difficulty, so didn't get around to finishing imperials vs locals or the thieves guild. Does Dragonborn make the game any more challenging?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2013, 16:53 JohnBirshire

Of course folk who don't bother to read a single review buy crap like Colonial Marines at release, but it will undoubtedly drop off the charts fast.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 16, 2013, 23:07 JohnBirshire

This game looked like pure crap in every video I saw of it pre-release, this doesn't surprise me at all. The first 2 were fun, but the last 2 were garbage.  

News Comments > War of the Roses Free Version Launched
2. Re: War of the Roses Free Version Launched Feb 8, 2013, 01:49 JohnBirshire

I'm having a blast with Chivalry, bought it during the Steam half off sale thinking I'd play it an hour here and there...and have played it nonstop since the day I bought it. I rotate between all game modes, but have gotten pretty decent at dueling, winning 3 out of 4 duels. I'm starting to get suspicious though when I see people who are like 800-20, makes me think cheating is a little more prevalent than they would like to admit. Still a fun game though, definitely plan to keep playing.

I would check this game out, but just haven't heard anything good about it.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 26, 2013, 17:08 JohnBirshire

Those "best places to work" are usually nonsense anyways. Everytime one is published you see countless employees from those companies on forums advising their jobs are awful. I saw a local magazine stating Chase was the best company in area to work for...magazine sponsored by Chase. Go figure.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
5. Meh... Jan 22, 2013, 14:46 JohnBirshire

I'm one of the longest fans of the franchise, having followed Arena in developement, and considering it to be my favorite game of all time. I was actually going to kill myself when I was younger but wanted to wait for Daggerfall, so you could argue that the series saved my life. I've devoured everything TES related, and will most likely play this of course....but I do have to admit I was incredibily dissapointed with my first impressions. It just doesn't look or feel like a TES game, it looks like a carbon copy of almost every other MMO. Cartoony graphics, over the top and away perspective, etc. Hopefully they prove me wrong, but so far its a big "meh".  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jan 17, 2013, 00:19 JohnBirshire

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 22:42:
And so obviously everything else must be a result of violent cartoons, TV and film for all the decades prior to that right? And I suppose violent books before that right back to Gutenberg including the bible? And I suppose any oral tradition preceeding that when people would sit around in festhalls and taverns and talk about the battles of old, right?

Holy fuck, give me a break. It's a violent universe. We're a violent species. Some of us just plain broken and do crazy shit like go on shooting sprees. Yet, somehow the 99.9% rest of us all manage to get up, go to work, pay our taxes and NOT go on a murderous rampage when we're pissed off. So much for the theory of violent media turning us all into murderous lunatics.

Exactly.

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter
8. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Kickstarter Jan 5, 2013, 01:38 JohnBirshire

I'm going to kickstart these clowns in the face.  

1096 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo