Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1088 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Saints Row IV
19. Skeptic Jul 24, 2013, 20:34 JohnBirshire

Seems like Saints Row 3 just came out, plus they rushed rushed rushed this game in order to come out before GTAV, even after having financial difficulty nontheless. I am skeptical about this one.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Jul 23, 2013, 02:34 JohnBirshire

I can't wait for the GOTY release!

Amen. It is simultaneously hysterical and absurd to see all these "GOTY" editions pop up for games that were above average at best, happens all the time. *cough* Borderlands *cough*

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 21, 2013, 16:22 JohnBirshire

Chivalry is a great buy, I paid $10 for it and have put in 200+ hours so far.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jul 21, 2013, 06:23 JohnBirshire

Oh I certainly understand the genre, I played Dota and League of Legends pretty extensively. Dota 2 just felt like more of the same, nothing new, just the exact same thing.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 20, 2013, 16:49 JohnBirshire

I tried Dota 2, but got bored, it just felt extremely generic. Is there anything that differentiates it from every other game in the genre?

Some people hype it up like it is one of the best games they've ever played, what am I not seeing?

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Shelving Paid Implants
2. Publicity stunt... Jul 18, 2013, 12:58 JohnBirshire

"Pay to win" is the number 1 complaint of any Free to Play competitive game, and every company in the business knows the backlash would be catastrophic and destroy their game. I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that they leaked "plans" to do it, just so they could turn around and say "Nevermind, we listened to our community and changed our minds" afterwards, and look like the good guy. Publicity stunt, nothing more.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend; Sale
6. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend; Sale Jul 6, 2013, 04:34 JohnBirshire

I love it how they keep doing "Free weekends" on games that often cost $5. I'd think if someone was going to buy it by now, they would have.  

News Comments > Free Space Pirates and Zombies Weekend
3. Re: Free Space Pirates and Zombies Weekend Jun 28, 2013, 01:37 JohnBirshire

Sweet, a game that routinely sells for $2 is free this weekend, thanks Steam! Keep up the good work!

Sarcasm aside, I actually did buy this game for $2 last year, and played it 50 hours, it's well worth playing.

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video
3. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video Jun 27, 2013, 13:46 JohnBirshire

Naming your game something that the majority of gamers can't spell correctly = instant failure. This game will be a dud.  

News Comments > Scrolls Next Week
7. Yawn... May 27, 2013, 14:00 JohnBirshire

After the breakthrough worldwide sensation that took the gaming world by storm, Minecraft, the visionary independent developer's next grand phenomenon...a card game. *crickets* Well, maybe not so visionary after all.

News Comments > Syndicate Wars Revival Kickstarter Plans?
3. Re: Syndicate Wars Revival Kickstarter Plans? May 20, 2013, 11:51 JohnBirshire

Syndicate Wars wasn't a masterpiece though, that game was a steaming pile of shit. And this is from someone who considers Syndicate to be his 3rd greatest game of all time, only behind Arena: The Elder Scrolls and Ultima 7.  

News Comments > Bethesda Game Vulnerability
19. Re: Bethesda Game Vulnerability May 12, 2013, 16:50 JohnBirshire

Yep. For kiddies like yourself with an attention span shorter than your penis who need non-stop "badda-boom!" ... "badda-boom!" action, the TES games may in fact be a bit boring.
For us adults it's a slightly different story. Maybe you'll understand in a decade or so when you're in your teens.

Wow. That was one of the most definitive troll burnings Ive ever seen in over 20 years of internet access. This guy is pro!

News Comments > Neverwinter Open Beta
9. Re: Neverwinter Open Beta Apr 30, 2013, 21:41 JohnBirshire

Ugh, just bought Darkfall:Unholy Wars. Ahh well. Probably play that until Elder Scrolls.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Science Fiction... Apr 28, 2013, 14:36 JohnBirshire

I took a Science Fiction course when I was in college, and it was honestly one of the most difficult courses I had completed. Science Fiction can be really deep, especially during the "Golden Age".  

News Comments > Darkfall Unholy Wars Launches Using New Steam Subscription Service
7. Many "FTP" games still have plenty of subscribers. Apr 25, 2013, 19:57 JohnBirshire

People keep flaming Steam for suddenly having a new subscription service by stating most games are free to play nowadays. This isn't quite true however, as most of them might as well be called free to "demo". Have you seen the restrictions and things you miss out on by not subscribing for most of them? Trust me, most "FTP" games still have plenty of subscribers.  

News Comments > Darkfall Unholy Wars Launches Using New Steam Subscription Service
5. Darkfall relaunch worth playing? Apr 25, 2013, 18:34 JohnBirshire

I loved the open world PvP nature of early Ultima Online and Asherons Call Darktide, and wouldn't mind this type of environment again. However I skipped the first Darkfall due to awful reviews and the fact that there was no skill/stat cap. I don't want to spend 90% of my time training skills against mobs in a "PvP" game. Is this relaunch different? I also read that this game is heavily crafting focused, another thing at odds with a "PvP" themed game, I don't want to have to spend countless hours crafting just to PvP. Is it an actual requirement?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2013, 15:14 JohnBirshire

Tradeoffs, haha. My Droid DNA has a larger screen AND better resolution than any iPhone.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. #1?! Apr 21, 2013, 14:47 JohnBirshire

Apparently people don't check reviews before buying games.  

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
36. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 14:58 JohnBirshire

jdreyer wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 14:26:
Lame. Playing off the goodwill created by other Bethesda titles to announce something unrelated. They got their publicity, but they pissed off a lot of people too.

I agree. There was a bunch of hoopla over this announcement, and the climax fizzled. A surival horror game from the makers of Resident Evil? Who gives a shit. Next time just announce it without all this fanfare making people believe its something more significant.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. 4D is terrible... Apr 18, 2013, 12:43 JohnBirshire

Universal Studios has been doing it for awhile, most people hate it. The worst part is when they spray water in your eyes anytime water appears onscreen, its rather disgusting. Hopefully that movie gimmick stays in Japan.  

1088 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo