Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1133 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2015, 20:35 JohnBirshire

Either Blue himself, or a regular website visiter that forwards him stories, is an anti-bitcoin shill. Just negative story after negative story after negative story posted here.

Bitcoin could cure cancer, and you'd still only find a negative story about it on bluesnews, lol.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway
8. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 8, 2015, 23:35 JohnBirshire

Is this game still considered "skill" based?

Or did they introduce skill/gear grind, aka time played>skill.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Name Recycling Coming
1. Re: World of Warcraft Name Recycling Coming Jun 21, 2015, 10:45 JohnBirshire

King Vuvuzela and Bieber Hair are both invalid names, good attempt at being funny though.  

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
4. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jun 1, 2015, 22:01 JohnBirshire

I haven't really had any matchmaking issues at all, and my friend and I play just fine.

My only gripes are that I wish they'd add the ability to skip cut-scenes in heists, as there is always some random player who hasn't done it before, so we all have to sit through the intro.

I'd also like it if they removed penalties for destroying people's vehicles, it ruins freeroam PvP.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launch Event
9. Nothing original coming out of Blizzard anymore May 29, 2015, 19:49 JohnBirshire

I played it a little bit...feels just like every other MOBA game I've ever played.

Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch...all are almost carbon copies of other games with a few minor differences thrown in.

Blizzard used to be leaders, now they are followers.

Somehow the culture changed at Blizzard, and needs to be changed back.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Modding Clarified May 7, 2015, 19:53 JohnBirshire

PHJF wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:35:

Every time I tried GTAO I found it solely populated by disruptive and/or griefing players. The heists implementation was beyond fucking awful.

Is it? I play online, but haven't done a Heist yet, as I've only put about 10 hours in so far and am still leveling up. However, I haven't seen/heard anyone complain about the heists yet.

News Comments > Ultima 8 Free on Origin
6. Re: Ultima 8 Free on Origin Apr 28, 2015, 23:13 JohnBirshire

After losing my mind about how undescribably awesome Ultima 7 was, my favorite game of all time, I couldn't wait for Ultima 8 to be released...and it turned into my biggest disappointment in gaming thus far.

Maybe if Origin paid people to play it, this might not be a bad deal.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
180. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 14, 2015, 00:06 JohnBirshire

Krovven wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 23:17:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:55:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 21:18:
Come on Rockstar, this isn't the frickin console version! FOV is so absurd, it literally feels like you are looking through binoculars.

Anybody know how to adjust? *facepalm*

looked at the settings file, no mention of FOV. I guess it'll require someone to mod it. Looks like it maxes out at 80, your weapon doesn't scale either.

I also find the camera options for the car rather weak, no bumper cam view They over did the camera bob when you use "hood" view and it's not centered.

There is an FoV slider in the options. But I guess it's easier to be stupid or jump to conclusions than look for yourself.

You talking about that FoV slider that changes it from like shit to still shit? Nice try, defending this consolitus garbage decision. They should have known better.

169. Re: How do you get rid of the pre-order bonus money? Apr 13, 2015, 22:44 JohnBirshire

nin wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:37:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:31:
I pre-ordered so I could pre-load and play as soon as it was released.

I don't want frickin money cheat codes, lame. How do I get rid of it? Is there something I can buy, and then destroy?

Dump it all in the stock market. Just let it sit and never claim it.

What if I want to legitimately use the stock market? Can I open separate accounts? Or is anything I add going to get added to my original amount?

167. How do you get rid of the pre-order bonus money? Apr 13, 2015, 22:31 JohnBirshire

I pre-ordered so I could pre-load and play as soon as it was released.

I don't want frickin money cheat codes, lame. How do I get rid of it? Is there something I can buy, and then destroy?

160. LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 13, 2015, 21:18 JohnBirshire

Come on Rockstar, this isn't the frickin console version! FOV is so absurd, it literally feels like you are looking through binoculars.

Anybody know how to adjust? *facepalm*

95. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:03 JohnBirshire

When I try to launch, it says "An error occurred, content still encrypted".

Is there something I need to do on my end? Or they just didn't launch at 7?

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
1. Re: GOG.com Internet Speed Testing Apr 4, 2015, 15:19 JohnBirshire

Sweet, we'll be able to download 20 mb games so fast now!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 13:15 JohnBirshire

The Steam pre-order bonus for GTAV is absolutely worthless. Why would I want a money cheat as my pre-order bonus? Should have included some actual content or cosmetic items.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 13, 2015, 15:38 JohnBirshire

Ever since Gamestop fired a reviewer for giving a bad review to a game, whose developer happened to finance Gamestop, I haven't been back.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Beta Patch & Character Wipe
3. Oh no!!! Feb 5, 2015, 13:20 JohnBirshire

They are deleting my character?! I am going to lose all my hard earned loot! *An empty water bottle...spent 20 hours looting 500 containers and finally found something*

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 12:09 JohnBirshire

I bought H1Z1 because I was so desperate to play a DayZ game that didn't have an atrocious interface. The game is much smoother, but the only thing there is to do is walk around and open empty container after empty container. I've looted well over 500+ things, and all I have to show for it is a couple pair of goggles.

How frickin hard is it to make this type of game that doesn't suck?! Every other genre has games that don't suck, but this genre can't manage a single one.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 23:02 JohnBirshire

Acleacius wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 22:37:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 20:48:
? WOW has rouge private servers.....
I've heard of those too, it's got to be what they are doing. What I've read about those private WoW servers is true, damn glad I've never tried anything that crazy. These days, it's probably insta-hack and capture. Flush

Almost every MMO has private servers, and ironically, some of them are even better than the official servers. *bugs fixed quickly, customer support responds immediately, servers are packed with people* They are big business too, Blizzard sued one of the WoW servers after finding out they were making half a million dollars every single month off of "donations". Didn't do much good, because they shut down and reopened somewhere else a couple months later, and that was just one of the 500+ private servers. From what I've heard, they stopped even bothering to go after them anymore. They are also good for playing older versions of MMO's that people liked better than the later patches, such as for Ultima Online, Everquest, etc. Free servers are everywhere, and very popular.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 22:18 JohnBirshire

I bought H1Z1, but can't play it because you can't even remap your controls. ?!?!?!?!?!? *facepalm*

So far they are failing hard at basic game design, not off to a good start.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 20:16 JohnBirshire

Did someone below just say games like Ultima Online becoming popular is proof gamers are stupid?!?! *facepalm* That was one of the dumbest comments I have ever read in the last decade. MMO's NOT being like UO is the reason they suck, not vice versa. *I agreed with his other points though, I think he is just confused about UO, obviously never played it if he compared it to Everquest*

All these "early access" games...have any of them actually been *finished*? Seems like if you ever want to play the damn things, you have no choice but to pay for early access, because they rarely seem to get past that point.

1133 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo