Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1086 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced
12. Re: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced Sep 1, 2014, 00:10 JohnBirshire

Trying to remember if I played through ICW1 or 2. Which one had a museum towards the end with a frozen whale in it?

If I recall correctly, Icewind Dales were more linear and combat focused than the Baldurs Gates.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
8. I'm so confused... Aug 14, 2014, 22:59 JohnBirshire

I'm really confused by this. In Warcraft 3 it was revealed that the orcs in Warcraft 1 and 2 were assholes because of demonic influence. So in this "alternate timeline", they rejected the demonic influence...yet are doing the same damn thing?

How does that make any sense?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 19:49 JohnBirshire

It is so funny and ironic that every person in this thread defending the game admits to not playing it anymore. For an MMO that has only been out 3 months...that tells you everything you need to know.  

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced
10. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced Aug 13, 2014, 23:11 JohnBirshire

I kept hearing about how great Heroes 3 was, so I bought it and ran it with the High Res patch. The graphics are crisp, but it shrunk all the game windows down, so I feel like I'm playing a miniature version of the game. Any way to use the High Res patch but stretch it to full screen?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 20:35 JohnBirshire

This game has so far been a relentless level grind. I swear I maxed characters in UO, WoW, GW2, and SWToR combined in less time than it is taking me to get VR12 in ESO. Speaking of which, the VR idea was lazy and ill thought out to begin with.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 10, 2014, 15:23 JohnBirshire

I bought DayZ, played it for 30 hours or so before moving on to something else. At $1 an hour, it could have been worse. But I have absolutely no idea how people can play that game indefinitely, they must have reaaaaaallly long attention spans.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2014, 15:05 JohnBirshire

I know the shot lines are most likely optional for single player, but that isnt my concern. My concern is whether it is default for mulitplayer matchups.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2014, 11:35 JohnBirshire

Sacred 3 is absolutely nothing like the first two. Reminds me of Dungeon Siege 3. Kind off odd that they would attempt a lame cash grab with this franchise. The Sacred games were niche and played by people who knew exactly what they wanted, they aren't going to be fooled by this.

Pure Pool looks good...but wtf is with the colored lines showing you where your shot is going? Doesn't that defeat the entire point of the damn game? Is it enabled in multiplayer matches? I would have bought it if it wasn't for that "feature".

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
12. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 11:20 JohnBirshire

Do they literally have a team of people that sits around full time doing nothing but post rambling updates everytime they raise another 50 cents?  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 4, 2014, 23:27 JohnBirshire

I love 40k, but Orks...ugh. Generic fodder, not interesting in any way, shape, or form whatsoever.  

News Comments > Facepunch Reveals Deuce
1. Uhhh...no. Aug 2, 2014, 00:34 JohnBirshire

Tennis crossed with Street Fighter?! How is that even possible? One is a ranged activity, the other a melee.

Not only that, people that enjoy either genre most likely won't be interested in a hybrid of the two, so your audience is extremely limited.

Stupid idea, go back to the drawing board.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 30, 2014, 23:12 JohnBirshire

Yeah, I bought FTL just to check it out, stopped playing it almost 100 hours later.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 27, 2014, 02:08 JohnBirshire

Is this game worth buying now?

I don't see it on Steam, does it require some 3rd party service I don't have, in order to run it?

Are there a lot of full servers with good ping through most of the US?

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 22, 2014, 22:53 JohnBirshire

The last several times I went back to WoW, I did so on private servers. You can cut the grind tremendously and get straight to the endgame content, isn't nearly as big of a time sink. On some of them the servers are so busy it makes Blizzard's servers look like ghost towns.  

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 21:55 JohnBirshire

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 21:32:
It is a social experiment. Nothing more.
It's not a social experiment, it's a video game where literally the only thing to do is kill other players....so that's what people do. How in the hell is that so mind-blowing?! Seems like Captain Obvious to me.

Not only that, we were doing far worse things than this to people in games like Ultima Online looooong before DayZ came out. Someone spends two hours walking in/out of houses and then you show up and kill them...oh the inhumanity! We camped outside people's castles until they showed up, killed them, took their house keys, and they just lost a year and a half worth of work. This scale of griefing is an order of magnitude more than you can do to anyone in DayZ, yet people act like DayZ is some awful realization of mankind's base desires...puh lease.

It's a video game. A video game where people kill each other for lack of absolutely anything else to do, it is literally the point of the game. It's not a social experiment, people who believe that are as nutty as Jack Thompson or the anti-video game media who think video games are a realistic portrayal of real life behavior. Take off your tinfoil hats.

*edit to fix quotations*

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2014, 22:06.

News Comments > Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Demo
4. Re: Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers Demo Jul 20, 2014, 10:40 JohnBirshire

Isn't playing against other players the reason 99.99% of people play MTG?

So why is every single ad I see for this game talking about the single player?

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 13, 2014, 15:18 JohnBirshire

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 12:20:

Boo, humanity, for still buying DayZ, and Goat Simulator.

Didn't you get the memo? Buggy unfinished games aren't the bane of the industry anymore, they have become it's most beloved and lucrative niche market.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 8, 2014, 22:19 JohnBirshire

Bitcoin has had multiple positive news stories this year, but Blue continues to only post negative story after negative story. He is probably a doge shibe.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Blog
3. Re: H1Z1 Blog Jun 29, 2014, 19:28 JohnBirshire

Are there any zombie standalone games that AREN'T in alpha status, or complete crap?  

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
1. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 17:49 JohnBirshire

I think Derek Smart is in on the joke.  

1086 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo