Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 626 (Apprentice)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA Online Trailer
20. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 15:14 MattyC

The content creator bit sounds really neat.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month
1. Re: Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month Aug 15, 2013, 15:04 MattyC

I don't know if a MOBA that costs money will really take off. You can't get online without falling over 5 F2P ones.

Then again it sounds like it already worked on consoles so who knows?

News Comments > Tropico 5 Announced
2. Re: Tropico 5 Announced Aug 15, 2013, 09:47 MattyC

Sounds like this offers more than 4. 4 really looked like an extremely minor set of changes from 3.  

News Comments > Diablo Tease
23. Re: Diablo Tease Aug 15, 2013, 09:28 MattyC

If you want to pretend you are so much 'better' at ARPGs because you prefer a static tree that for the most part cannot be largely changed, go crazy. Can't say I care. I still view that as a horribly antiquated design decision and not something I am interested in. In case you missed it I said "That way people who like that sort of thing have PoE". That is fine for people who like it.

Personally I view it as something I am glad we moved away from. I have played plenty of ARPGs. If you think that is something new users cannot figure out, or requires skill then I just have to laugh. Laugh New users would simply Google which direction on that mess of trees they should go and call it a day.

News Comments > Diablo Tease
16. Re: Diablo Tease Aug 14, 2013, 20:46 MattyC

Denthor wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 16:58:
What is this you speak of?!?! new acts for poe? Been playing that game on and off for months now - such an awesome arpg, it's everything d3 should have been.

No! You keep that awful, antiquated, mess of skill trees in PoE. That way people who like that sort of thing have PoE and no one else is made to suffer under it.

I was so let down by PoE after hearing everyone here go on and on about how great it was. As much as D3 ended up being a letdown I at least managed to finish that. I gave up on PoE after about 3 hours.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014
32. Re: Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014 Aug 14, 2013, 20:43 MattyC

MyRealName wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 08:48:
Mouse, keyboard. Nothing else needed or better.

Flight and driving games (parts of games) with a keyboard and a mouse? I will pass on that.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014
28. Re: Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014 Aug 13, 2013, 16:32 MattyC

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:20:
We know people want to use the Xbox One controller on their PC,

Who are the three people who want this? Name them.

Kidding aside, it makes sense that it takes some work on the backend to make sure it works. Also: They will only release this update for Windows 8. Just watch.

I used a (wired) 360 controller for several games on my PC. There are games besides FPS and RTS.

News Comments > Strife Announced
31. Re: Strife Announced Aug 9, 2013, 16:56 MattyC

Kitkoan wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 15:42:
flechett3 wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 09:56:
There was STRIFE and there was another game that was much more of an RPG that was set in a fantasy setting. I don't think the fantasy RPG one used the doom engine (or anything based off of it) but it WAS a 2.5d doom-like engine. Wish I could remember the name of it. Had to be before '98 the last time I saw or played the game.

They all ran on the Doom engine, even Strife. Strife was the last game made on the Doom engine but was released after Quake came out so it looked really dated by the time it was released which really hurt it.

Strife was really ahead of its time too. A real story, killing everything was a Bad thing, multiple endings, could buy supplies. Nothing remotely like it before then.

Yep, it introduced so many elements of gaming that I hadn't experienced before. Loved that game.

News Comments > StarCraft II Patched
5. Re: StarCraft II Patched Jul 30, 2013, 09:42 MattyC

Fantaz wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 03:49:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 00:18:
Doesn't mean jack if you can't use those added zoom levels WHILE ACTUALLY PLAYING.

so zoom out doesn't work in singleplayer, only in spectator mode? it's not very clear from the video so was wondering

I would assume the zoom out is for spectators and viewing replays. The game is balanced around the currently allowed zoom levels when actually playing.

News Comments > StarCraft II Patched
1. Re: StarCraft II Patched Jul 29, 2013, 21:09 MattyC

The zoom out and improved custom UI looks nice, but seems like this could have shipped with HotS.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders
4. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 10:03 MattyC

siapnar wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:47:
InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:39:
DCS: World is where its at and its modules obviously.
I've just been getting back into flight sims (last one I played - and loved - was 1990's Red Baron)

That is quite the gap. Did you ever try European Air War or the original B-17 Flying Fortress? Both were great fun (at least for me). Particularly European Air War. Jane's US Navy Fighters 97 was another good one. They don't make many anymore, but well into the 90s they were making good flight sims.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 13:59 MattyC

Sounds pretty good so far. Though I am going to wait and hear a bit more before I snatch it up.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 12:43 MattyC

I wasn't a fan of the whole battlelog thing. I felt like the last frame of this every time I had to use it.

I guess this is neat for people who will use it though, it is somewhat novel. I would prefer they include a map editor instead.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month
10. Re: Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month Jul 24, 2013, 23:01 MattyC

I can't wait for this. I hope I don't get burned. That said, everything I have seen indicates I won't.  

News Comments > Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank
13. Re: Vivendi Raiding Activision's Piggy Bank Jul 24, 2013, 12:33 MattyC

How in the world did they manage to rack up that much debt while owning Blizzard and Activision? Were they totally unable to get income from them under the prior agreement?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 23, 2013, 16:29 MattyC

nin wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 10:05:
Brief summary here, but it's been in development so long (2007), I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed to PS4.

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see it at all. Which is a pity. It sounded interesting.

Those Diablo 3 trailers are awful...

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2013, 18:17.

News Comments > StarCraft II Birthday Party
22. Re: StarCraft II Birthday Party Jul 23, 2013, 16:23 MattyC

Verno wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 15:28:
I found the campaigns in both pretty mediocre to be honest but I do agree Starcraft games are mostly about the MP (the custom maps for me). I was very disappointed in Starcraft 2 overall though, didn't get much value out of it. It felt really safe and I get their reasons for making it so close to the original but I was bored quickly since I did the Starcraft 1 MP thing obsessively already and wanted to see some new things for RTS in general.

I guess one difference is I probably didn't expect as much out of the campaigns. In a game like that I often skip the single player, but SC2s interested me enough that I played the whole campaign. Where as in another game I would get for the multiplayer (Battlefield games are an example of this) I quickly get bored of the single player and never finish it. Sort of like it is bonus content and this time the bonus was better than average.

17. Re: StarCraft II Birthday Party Jul 23, 2013, 14:45 MattyC

Krovven wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 14:28:
MattyC wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 14:26:
If you were just worried about losing you may want to give it a go.

LOL. I have played it, I can play it...I just don't like it. Company of Heroes is more my style for MP PvP. However, I don't play that much either. RTS multiplayer is on the bottom of my priority list when it comes to games.

I probably worded that poorly. I just know some people who had to really be coaxed into giving it a go simply because they cannot stand to lose repeatedly in anything with a long playtime. I had to show them that no matter who you are, you generally win as much as you lose.

15. Re: StarCraft II Birthday Party Jul 23, 2013, 14:26 MattyC

Krovven wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 14:12:
MattyC wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 14:09:
SC2 is about the multiplayer.

Actually that's not all it's about. People like different things. Personally I have zero interest in the manic clickfest Starcraft multiplayer is.

I guess I should have said 'for many people'. I enjoyed the campaigns, but the vast majority of my time playing SC2 was spent in multiplayer.

To play at the higher levels you do need to be fast, but the ladder runs full spectrum. You can play slow and casual if you like. If you were just worried about losing you may want to give it a go. The match maker will generally keep you at a 50% win rate no matter what. Only the best of the best and the worst of the worst will vary from that too much.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2013, 14:17 MattyC

Blue wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 12:51:
Quboid wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 12:20:
XKCD's mouse over text sums up Fight Club pretty well IMHO. I was blown away by the slick style and vaguely Anonymous style anarchy. Now, it seems rather silly and has plot holes large enough to host underground boxing matches in.

Wow, is it that bad? I have intentionally not watched it in years, wanting to maximize the impact of seeing it again, but now I'm worried I will be similarly disappointed. I guess my next viewing will be soon so I can know, and I can specifically see if I can find a satisfactory answer to your questions while I'm at it.

It isn't bad if you just watch it as a silly but visually interesting movie. Now if you are trying to get some deep meaning or insight out of it...

626 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo