Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 646 (Apprentice)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Dec 31, 2013, 11:21 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 14:31:
What is wrong with British people? Why isn't Call of Duty or BF4 the top selling software title there? No wonder you guys lost your empire!

Sorry that they made 2 and 4 out of all platforms and prices..? Did you read the list?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Festivus Metaverse
13. Re: Festivus Metaverse Dec 24, 2013, 18:51 MattyC

Sepharo wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:00:
This whole "networks upload for free" thing I've seen mentioned twice now in this thread...

What networks are you guys talking about? The vast majority require you to log in with your cable subscription account.

I know, for example, CBS has most of its shows the next day. Fox isn't as quick, but they have shows as well. I mean what programs are you looking for?

News Comments > Festivus Metaverse
11. Re: Festivus Metaverse Dec 24, 2013, 12:50 MattyC

Did they ever really add anything to Hulu plus? I got it when it first came out because I am a fan of Netflix and figured it might have a few things I couldn't get there... nope. It basically just had what networks upload for free on their own website along with a few random out of order old episodes...  

News Comments > On Sale
39. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 21:32 MattyC

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 09:32:
MattyC wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 07:53:
I am curious about AoE II HD with the extra content 'expansion'. Unfortunately there seems to be very little talk about it on the net (that I could find anyway)...

What do you want to know? Did you lpay it way back when? It was awesome then, and it is awesome now. Aoe2 is my favorite out of all of them over the years. One that I go back to over and over.

At that price, it is worth it just for the nostalgia in my opinion. If you don't have 3, then get the big pack, aoe2+expansion +Aoe3. Not a bad amount of gaming.

I still have my copies of 2 and 3 (though I wouldn't mind having it on Steam so I could free myself of the discs). I was wondering mostly about the DLC and how much it really adds.

News Comments > On Sale
30. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 07:53 MattyC

I am curious about AoE II HD with the extra content 'expansion'. Unfortunately there seems to be very little talk about it on the net (that I could find anyway)...  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
20. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 21, 2013, 06:13 MattyC

Glad I passed on this one. Seems they just cannot get it working well.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 20, 2013, 18:02 MattyC

In those photos the new Mac Pro looks much better than I thought it would. Sort of a very metallic finish. What I had seen previously made it look like a boring almost plastic looking black.

Still looks like a trash bin though... just a very fancy trash bin. No idea how they went from the awesome looking previous Mac Pro cases to that.

News Comments > Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed
8. Re: Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed Dec 20, 2013, 17:11 MattyC

Frijoles wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 10:22:
nin wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 09:53:
The part of the beta I played was fun, until you get to the grind. After that, I lost interest.

Same here. I enjoyed my first few hours with it, but then lost interest. I'd do the bot games more if there was a reason to. They don't count towards dailies, and getting gold from them is just a grind.

Same here. That said, it did strike me as a thing I could come back to again and again over time. Just not a game I could play regularly for any length of time. Though I liked the AI matches fine. I just had fun playing the game.

Pity it ends up feeling so grindy after a bit.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
40. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 13:28 MattyC

rist3903 wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 04:57:
Axis wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:39:
built upon a character 'customization' that is full-on laughably restricted... unlike PoE.
MattyC wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:14:
Do you mean unrestricted? You can play around with all kinds of builds and get the one that works for you. It is PoE that locks you in and forces you to relevel another character to try something different. I don't mean that to dump on PoE, I just don't see any reason for every ARPG to lock you in, variety is good.
When you can respec your character on the fly like you can in Diablo III, the only thing that differentiates you from anyone else playing your class is your gear. That just isn't enough for me.

In both you can customize. To each their own though.

To me, the only difference is in PoE when you want to customize you have to do some busy work first. Otherwise it is the same, I mean anyone can level up a character.

Seems like a personal preference kind of thing.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
19. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2013, 04:17 MattyC

Creston wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 01:39:
MattyC wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:54:
I was hoping for a big sale on Xcom: Enemy Within, no luck so far (though it did go on sale). I really want to pick it up, but it just seems so much more like a DLC pack at an expansion price if you don't care for the multiplayer.

That's complete nonsense. Enemy Within is the best expansion pack released in a seriously long time. It may genuinely be the best expansion pack ever, though considering it'd have to go up against things like Throne of Bhaal, that might be reaching just a tad too high. But even so, it's the best expansion I've played in a long time. It's better than Skyrim's last expansion.

You get

- An entirely new class of soldier (MECs) who are incidentally now the absolute most awesome thing about Xcom, with two upgrade paths.
- A lot of new maps including some that are my absolute favorites now.
- An entirely new set of upgrade powers (Genetics), also with two upgrade paths.
- New items / ammo / etc.
- New enemies.
- An entirely new gameplay system on the tactical map, corresponding missions and a new "assault enemy base" mission.
- A new 3 levels operation/mission series.
- Awesome "Base defense" mission.

That's in single player alone. I have no idea what even changed in mp since I don't play it.

We call that a DLC now? You get a TON of content for 20 bucks (its current sale price) and it's easily worth that.

As far as I know (and I admit I could be incorrect, but I have mentioned that I found it lacking without any correction before) it does indeed add new stuff... But no new solid campaign. This isn't horrible (I think I am on my 4th go of EU, it has replay value), but It sounds like this just adds things to an existing EU campaign with no campaign of its own. To me, that is more DLC than an expansion for single player.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I still want it. It just feels like I will be replaying for the 5th time a lot to see the new content. Not as thrilled about that, but it isn't some horrible downside either. I wouldn't have played so much EU if I didn't like it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 20, 2013, 01:29 MattyC

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:58:
Oh, winamp. I can't decide which fate is worse: your death, or being sold to Microsoft.

Wouldn't going anywhere be better than AOL?

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
7. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2013, 23:54 MattyC

I was hoping for a big sale on Xcom: Enemy Within, no luck so far (though it did go on sale). I really want to pick it up, but it just seems so much more like a DLC pack at an expansion price if you don't care for the multiplayer.  

17. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 23:14 MattyC

MattyC wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:36:
HoSpanky wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:20:
Uggh, for $40, you'd think they'd add more than one act...

It still got a lot right, like combat. Much more snappy and responsive than something like PoE.

And much more hacked with a ruined economy

Not sure what you are talking about. If it had some massive economy or hacking problem I am unaware of it. Plus, unlike clunky combat, neither of those issues would have any impact on my enjoyment of the game. I didn't do AH. I just play with friends and we give each other upgrades.

built upon a character 'customization' that is full-on laughably restricted... unlike PoE.

Do you mean unrestricted? You can play around with all kinds of builds and get the one that works for you. It is PoE that locks you in and forces you to relevel another character to try something different. I don't mean that to dump on PoE, I just don't see any reason for every ARPG to lock you in, variety is good.

6. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 21:36 MattyC

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:20:
Uggh, for $40, you'd think they'd add more than one act...

I imagine it really depends on the act. Lord of Destruction was just one act.

I am waiting for more info on how people like the new loot system. That was really the only big thing that was wrong with D3. There were other issues (the story wasn't very good for example) but really the big thing was loot and the initial end game tuning (which was probably largely related to loot).

It still got a lot right, like combat. Much more snappy and responsive than something like PoE.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Consolidation
11. Re: Thanksgiving Consolidation Nov 29, 2013, 00:48 MattyC

Gran Turismo 6 - First Love Trailer.

As someone who LOVED the GT series (it was one of the main reasons I wanted the original Playstation as a kid)... meh. I imagine Half-Life 3 and WarCraft 4 will both have been out before we see real development here. And that makes me sad :/

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 24, 2013, 08:19 MattyC

I hadn't used Winamp in probably over 10 years, but it is still sad to see it go. I got a lot of us out of it when I did use it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
42. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2013, 10:12 MattyC

New Xbox One Can See Your Penis.

I thought it already could?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 8, 2013, 22:40 MattyC

Forza 5 Has 300 Fewer Cars Than Forza 4, No Nurburgring

Well, I think we all know someone who is happy with this development.

News Comments > Next Mass Effect Teases
18. Re: Next Mass Effect Teases Nov 8, 2013, 01:45 MattyC

Sho wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 20:46:
Cabezone wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 20:42:
The ending would have worked out much better if Leviathan was included in the base game and the AI didn't take the form of a blue child.

Didn't really mind the child, but the child *voice actor* sure wasn't very robust IMHO.

Anyhow, many words have been said on that ending. I'm pretty talked out about it ... let's see where they take it now.

I didn't mind the child sequences that much, but at least with my ending they never went anywhere. I guess it was waiting for Chris Hanson to pop out.

It also didn't help that for some reason my ME1 and 2 Shepards looked the same, but for some reason in ME3 he looked like Dustin Hoffman from The Graduate instead. Wasn't the worst look ever or anything, but it was... random. This was on the 360 for what it is worth.

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
17. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Oct 27, 2013, 00:38 MattyC

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 01:02:
There's a tablet version of XCOM:EU?

Yeah. Priced a bit high for me (already owning it on the PC anyway), but it is said to be quite good. I am hoping to pick it up on a sale at some point.

646 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo