Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 626 (Apprentice)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2012, 10:50 MattyC

nin wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 10:19:
I'm still expecting we're going to get hammered with one more snow before "winter" is over, despite the high being 78 here today. Weirdest winter here in a long time.

Last time we had such a warm winter in the south east we also got a Blizzard in March, so you never know. Mother nature loves to troll

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard's Free-to-Play Plans?
10. Re: Blizzard's Free-to-Play Plans? Feb 23, 2012, 23:41 MattyC

eunichron wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 23:15:
Yakubs wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 22:17:
that rate of attrition, btw, has slowed considerably in the last quarter)

I'm sure that has absolutely nothing to do with the 1 year free Diablo 3 subscription plan they offered in that quarter. Mean

Didn't they just announce that Blizzard DOTA will be a standalone game, rather than an SC2 mod? Makes total sense that that would be the candidate then.

From the SC2 page it looks like it is still very much a SC2 mod. That said, Blizzard isn't the swiftest to update its sites, so who knows.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Feb 22, 2012, 12:19 MattyC

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 12:06:
This guy is a moron if he thinks Uncharted isn't at least as well written as most Hollywood blockbusters. I think he has forgotten that the last Indiana Jones movie wasn't exactlly brilliantly written.

I agree that games like Deus Ex deserve to be nominated over most of the games that were nominated, but it's not like other award shows make anymore sense either.

I think (as sad as it may be) video game writing eclipsed your average Hollywood blockbuster a while ago. I still think top notch movies, overall, are better written than top notch video games, but your run of the mill movie? I think video games may have that.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Beta Opens Friday
1. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Opens Friday Feb 22, 2012, 10:44 MattyC

As someone who loved the original Tribes I have been looking forward to this. Nice to get to see it before release as I was burned pretty bad by the buggy mess touted as Tribes 2.

I still remember going to a local LAN center to play Unreal Tournament with some friends only to see everyone there playing Tribes. I sat down and joined in and was in love. Then I got T2 on launch... ugh what a mess.

Also shazbot

News Comments > Blizzard Introduces BattleTags
22. Re: Blizzard Introduces BattleTags Dec 16, 2011, 17:23 MattyC

deqer wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 13:59:
nin wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 11:09:
Sounds like that whole realID thing was a flop.

It was a pure flop. Who the hell has RL friends that play this shit, and even if they played it, who the hell would want their friends to know about it because it's an addiction.

And the game is meant to be a pug game where you meet strangers and make new online friends, but that's a joke too.

A lot of jokes been coming from Blizzard, yet we still have millions of subscribers eating all that shit(that Blizzard shoves down their throats) without thinking twice about it because they're brainwashed fanbois.

It isn't some gaming revelation, but I use it and I like it just fine. I just don't add every random person I play online with to it. It is for *gasp* real life friends who I play SC2 and (previously) WoW with.

I guess if you some oddity that has 0 real life friends you play games with then it serves no purpose, but for everyone else it has a niche use.

News Comments > Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced
25. Re: Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced Dec 9, 2011, 16:58 MattyC

PHJF wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 15:20:
Would you like to play a Revolutionary War shooter? Rate of fire expressed in rounds per hour! Woo!

There was such a mod for Half-Life and it was actually pretty entertaining.

I loved that mod. Particularly fun/funny if you found a populated server and people actually advanced in a line

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
44. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 6, 2011, 16:12 MattyC

Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.

FINALLY. Trying to setup a joy stick for the vehicles was a nightmare in a live game.

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today
28. Re: No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today Dec 6, 2011, 16:09 MattyC

ASeven wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 10:11:
Oh wow... and people keep on giving money to these guys, EA/DICE. Bf3 was done for the PC my ass, that was a convenient lie to get PC gamers to dish out for their consolized game.

Uh... just looking at screenshots would show you work was clearly done for the PC version. It has visuals far out of the PS3/360 range. The server browser is also web based. I think that was a dumb idea, but it clearly shows a PC thought process.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 16, 2011, 09:18 MattyC

The TF tv just seems to be one offline stream and a bunch of links to other streams on own and twitch. Not sure what the point of that is :/  

News Comments > Gamer Food
1. Re: Gamer Food Nov 2, 2011, 14:07 MattyC

oblig. http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/10/03  

News Comments > Diablo III Collector's Edition Revealed
16. Re: Diablo III Collector's Edition Revealed Oct 12, 2011, 14:00 MattyC

Kastagir wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 16:31:
Announcing a Collector's Edition before the game's release is even known is the definition of hubris. Blizzard is as out of touch as George Lucas.

Um... in what way is having the cinematics rated by the British Board of Film Classification announcing a CE? And how in the world would it be hubris if it WAS an announcement? It was a given that this game was going to have a CE and it is already in beta.

News Comments > Square Enix: FINAL FANTASY XIV "Greatly Damaged" The Brand
19. Re: Square Enix: FINAL FANTASY XIV Sep 27, 2011, 18:00 MattyC

Ludomancer wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:56:
Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 14:41:
FF7 remake?

...dammit.

Fuck NO!! That's what started this whole mess!

What?

News Comments > Diablo III in Early 2012; Beta to Expand
35. Re: Diablo III in Early 2012; Beta to Expand Sep 23, 2011, 15:48 MattyC

zincthallinide wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 13:48:
Warcraft, RTS lite. I could never get into Starcraft, which strikes me as a highly generic sci-fi-ish RTS game.

You think WarCraft was RTS lite and you couldn't get in to the longest running RTS success ever? I think you just don't like RTS games.

But yes they have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment
the best known would likely be Blackthorn and Lost Vikings.

News Comments > Dead Island Ships 1M in North America, Approaches 2M Worldwide
32. Re: Dead Island Sells 1M in North America, Approaches 2M Worldwide Sep 16, 2011, 11:39 MattyC

PHJF wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 12:07:
The entire game is coop except the prologue (the bit in the hotel), but the prologue can be skipped.

Good to hear, I might be picking this up. I do love good co-op. It is what has made the Gears of War games so awesome for me when otherwise they aren't that special.

News Comments > Diablo III Lag-Free?
49. Re: Diablo III Lag-Free? Sep 14, 2011, 20:22 MattyC

To the people saying marketing / what Blizzard says: This seems to be gamers IncGamers talked to or some such thing. This isn't like some official Blizzard press release or claim.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Andy Whitfield Sep 12, 2011, 11:49 MattyC

kanniballl wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 11:03:
Yeh, that's a shame. Andy Whitfield was friggin' young.

I think he did a great job in Spartacus: Blood and Sand.

Agreed. Thought he was doing better too :/

News Comments > Six Blizzard Releases Expected Over Three Years [Updated]
16. Re: Six Blizzard Releases Expected Over Three Years Sep 9, 2011, 10:17 MattyC

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 10:04:
Flatline wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 05:13:
Err... Diablo 2 had an expansion pack. Worked just fine. The DLC areas probably just won't be accessible to you unless you pay. Or they'll add more characters... or whatever. I don't care. I'll be skipping it.

And I'll believe that SC2's other 2/3 of the game will be coming out in 3 years when I see it. It will have taken 2 years to get the first of the two out the door.

At the end of the day I don't care. WoW got old, D3 looks like a whiff (always on is an auto-fail for me, elaborate auction houses and real money sh*t means legitimate gold mining. Yay.), and SC2 was halfway interesting for the one playthrough it got (not interested in playing competitively online). Maybe Titan will interest me, but I'm not holding my breath.

Blizzard isn't the company it used to be.

I don't agree with everything you said but I think your sentiment is spot on. Remember all of those people who claimed SC2 was a must have and that everyone would buy it no matter what they said on a forum and blah blah blah? Well it turned out they were wrong and SC2 was barely a blip for most people. It sold well but it isn't exactly the must play game that everyone is talking about anymore.

Speak for yourself. I think SC2 is incredible. I still play it and follow the tournaments regularly. Stoked for DreamHack Valencia, NASL S2, and the next GSL season. Yes I left out the GSL finals. I love the season, but their finals always seem to disappoint.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 in March 2012, Multiplayer Support Confirmed
4. Re: Max Payne 3 in March 2012, Multiplayer Support Confirmed Sep 8, 2011, 10:32 MattyC

Verno wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 10:26:
Rockstar rarely lets me down

Agreed. When I read new Max Payne I was like 'I dunno about this...' but seeing that it is being done by Rockstar gives me hope.

News Comments > Diablo III Public Beta "Very Close"
25. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 14:26 MattyC

Wildone wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 11:52:
FUCKING BULLSHIT

"Unable to Continue
You must have at least one full version of a Blizzard Entertainment game attached to this Battle.net account in order to set up your beta profile."

FUCK YOU

Seems pretty logical to me. It reduces people making 20 accounts trying to up the odds of getting an invite. Surely you have one Blizzard game? StarCraft and Diablo II keys work just fine.

News Comments > Sound Blaster Recon3D Announced
33. Re: Sound Blaster Recon3D Announced Sep 1, 2011, 17:08 MattyC

PHJF wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 16:09:
MattyC wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 15:29:
PHJF wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 14:50:
Because toslink is incompatible with the current top-end audio formats, formats which have been in place for YEARS. Say what you will about HDMI as an industry standard, but regardless it IS the industry standard. Toslink is 25+ years old and was designed specifically for stereo sound.

Such as? Seems to be working fine for me. And my current setup is stereo. I have 4 Infinity Interlude IL10s and a IL36C, but I currently only use 2 of the IL10s simply to reduce clutter. This is a PC setup, not my HT. I don't really see the need to change anything on it.

Bluray formats... DTS-HD, TrueHD, and PCM. Toslink can handle PCM as long as it's two channel. I spent all of $200 on my Sony HTIB for use with my PS3 and I get 5.1, uncompressed LPCM audio via HDMI.

I am talking about for a PC. I have a HT setup with 5.1 and HDMI for movies, TV, and my Xbox. I just see no use for it on the PC. Particularly when I rarely have anything but 2.1 hooked up to it. I <3 my Interludes. They sound and look great, but they are also huge to be using in a 5.1 computer setup, so most of the time only the two are out.

626 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo