Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 626 (Apprentice)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up
5. Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up Apr 19, 2012, 22:52 MattyC

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 22:16:
nin wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 21:42:
Yeah, I think folks are kind of focusing on one small detail. As long as it's an awesome game (and now a second city!), I'll be totally happy.

While I was initially the most excited about Double Fine, I think the interest in this one and Wasteland has slightly surpassed it. But I can't wait to see all 3.

Really glad this one made it's funding, as it looks like it has a lot of promise.

I chipped in 60 on this one, Shadowrun is prolly my favorite genesis game of all time so it was a pretty easy decision.

I would just like to add that I too loved the Genesis Shadowrun. Such a great game for the era. Also a really neat universe (though I never really played the regular game).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts?
36. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 14:29 MattyC

Optional nickname wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 14:08:
This is nothing but starcraft skinned with wow heroes

... what? Stunned

News Comments > etc, etc.
26. Re: etc, etc. Apr 17, 2012, 22:44 MattyC

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 09:17:
Because that is not what happened, if people are stupid retards and give their money to childs play thinking that it'll effect the ending of ME3... well that is their problem. Fact is that any donated money is good money, and PA plays corporate shill here.

You can believe their statement of course, and then you can look at their "review" of ME and their statements regarding the ending. And maybe take a look how much money EA has given them ;p

Not that I know how much, but it'd be Interesting to know. Given that PA runs PAX

... If you think PA was payed for their coverage of ME3 you must either believe that ME3 devs will pay for ANY coverage (good or bad) or that they somehow think neutral coverage is positive and worth bribing for. I mean really go look at what PA said about ME3. Other than the demo coverage I would call it neutral at best. Basically just seems like the internet getting into edrama for the sake of edrama to me.

News Comments > EverQuest F2P Stats
3. Re: EverQuest F2P Stats Apr 17, 2012, 22:41 MattyC

Crazy that EQ is still around. That said I still sometimes log into WoW if they give me free time so I guess I can't say anything. Even if it is just to catch up with 'e-friends'.  

News Comments > etc, etc.
22. Re: etc, etc. Apr 10, 2012, 19:36 MattyC

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 01:30:
Crustacean Soup wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 01:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 20:16:
Ever since Penny Arcade got all douche bag over the ME3 ending child's play donation thing I have removed that site from my feeds....

As someone who doesn't follow Penny Arcade drama, what was this about?

Apparently people were donating money to Child's Play thinking the money was going to go towards buying a new ending for Mass Effect 3:

http://tinyurl.com/86znmsy

... I don't get it. Why are people mad at PA over that?

News Comments > Epic Making PC Exclusive Game
52. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 21:53 MattyC

ASeven wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 20:14:
Beamer wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 19:39:
That quote was from 2010.

That's the whole fucking point of the quote, to read how much of a hypocrites those cunts are and that people don't forget what Epic once said and will keep saying after the next consoles come out, no matter how short-lived they will be.

That only applies if you have a very short memory. Epic has done a lot of PC stuff, supported their products for a long time (even flops like the last Unreal Tourney), has included great editors and mod tools, and given out free mini expansion packs for their games. People want to throw a hissy fit about Gears, but sorry I remember a lot of other things they did.

News Comments > Fallout Free on GOG.com
28. Re: Fallout Free on GOG.com<br> The original <b>Fallout</b> is being offered on <a href= Apr 6, 2012, 14:17 MattyC

Icewind wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 10:10:
MattyC wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 09:44:
Nepumuk wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 05:35:
I did not remember that many cave rats.

I didn't snag the GoG version, but I recently played though my original copy (in DOSbox, good luck getting that damn thing working in Windows) and I thought the same thing about the beginning. It is still a great game, but some nostalgia was ruined. 'It is door trim' or something like that was the other big &#3232;_&#3232; for me. I was just thinking 'Who thought to put this in? Did anyone ever want to see this?'. Seemed pretty obvious anyone who ever got that was trying to click on the door itself.

Odd. You have problems with the windows version of Fallout? I've installed it on 5 different rigs of mine, from Windows 95 to Windows vista ultimate x64 and have never had a problem.

Matter of fact, when it came out it was the first game that made me stop whining about how games didn't have DOS install options. After Diablo 1 ran so well in Win95, I installed the WIN95 executable of Fallout, saw it ran excellently, and never went back to DOS again.

Well, until DOSbox.

It would never install for me under Windows. Though I didn't put too much effort into fixing the problem. If a game has a DOS option and it gives me any trouble in Windows, to DOSbox it goes.

News Comments > Fallout Free on GOG.com
23. Re: Fallout Free on GOG.com<br> The original <b>Fallout</b> is being offered on <a href= Apr 6, 2012, 09:44 MattyC

Nepumuk wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 05:35:
I did not remember that many cave rats.

I didn't snag the GoG version, but I recently played though my original copy (in DOSbox, good luck getting that damn thing working in Windows) and I thought the same thing about the beginning. It is still a great game, but some nostalgia was ruined. 'It is door trim' or something like that was the other big &#3232;_&#3232; for me. I was just thinking 'Who thought to put this in? Did anyone ever want to see this?'. Seemed pretty obvious anyone who ever got that was trying to click on the door itself.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter
27. Re: Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Apr 4, 2012, 14:56 MattyC

Funkinator wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 14:53:
NKD wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 13:41:
Funkinator wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 13:30:
Anybody got concrete info on what 2d means?

Uh, did you ever play the Shadowrun game on SNES or Genesis? That's my guess.

Nope.

This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5mg5EFK00k

That is the SNES version. It was fun, but I preferred the Genesis one. The two were very very different.

EDIT: To clarify they weren't ports of the same game. They were two totally different games that happened to share the same universe and name.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter
1. Re: Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Apr 4, 2012, 10:51 MattyC

Possibly interesting. I never played the original 'game' game, but I did greatly enjoy the Genesis video game. Had a pretty interesting universe.  

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Beta Live
6. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 10:44 MattyC

nin wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 10:15:
With no NDA and so much of it being shown, I can't help but think they're doing everything they can to lure people back.

Based on what I have seen, I think they are doing a good job with it. I have no idea if all their promises will pan out, but they have said a lot of things that sound good in the panda pack. Transmog... whatever is also a nice touch. I raided at a very high level in vanilla, but have been getting more and more casual since. There was very little for me to do in early Cata, so I simply quit. I recently was brought back via the scroll of res program and I am having fun. More things to do, heroics that aren't 50+ minutes long (I don't mind difficulty, but if I am expected to farm something daily it can't be super long. I have work, real life stuff, and class) etc.

Not sure if I will even resub, much less get the MoP expansion, but they seem to have learned from the tedium that was Cata when I quit.

News Comments > PC Binary Domain Next Month
17. Re: PC Binary Domain Next Month Mar 20, 2012, 09:40 MattyC

Joss wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 20:32:
I avoid third-person shooters like the plague. I've skipped over some popular titles for this singular reason. It's first-person or bust godamnit!

I will never understand this. I get liking one over the other and I get that in say.. a competitive enviornment one might always prefer one to the other, but in a single player game? Both views have pros and cons. You can see what your character is doing, equipment changes, and many other things.

Just seems silly to totally remove one viewpoint.

In unrelated news the description of the universe made me think of Final Fantasy VII

News Comments > Godfather II & Create Multiplayer Support Ending
1. Re: Godfather II & Create Multiplayer Support Ending Mar 19, 2012, 09:54 MattyC

I don't play any of these games so it has no impact on me. Some are fairly recent, but others like Burnout Revenge had a pretty good run.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances Open Beta
17. Re: Steam Bestsellers Mar 16, 2012, 14:54 MattyC

IQ wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:35:
This is the usual crap where they say "in the browser" - not only isn't it desirable to play "in the browser" you have to install crap only to get a bad interface.
Get a grip Westwood and give us a proper Red Alert game (with small units who don't take up 80% of the screen!)

Westwood has, sadly, been gone for a very very long time.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
54. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 13:20 MattyC

Krovven wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 12:51:
Dev wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 12:38:
I wonder if its worth replaying the beta to get the achieves again and to see what the state of the game is. Like will they give any of the full achieve beta players anything in the real game (like a unique flag symbol, etc).

I would guess that if you complete the achieve or completing the selected beta achievesthat will result in a Feat Achieve in the final release.

IIRC this was not done in any other beta (WoW expansions, SC2) so I would imagine you won't get anything. The beta is short enough that it wouldn't take long to just do it either way.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch in Certification
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch in Certification Mar 14, 2012, 12:38 MattyC

DangerDog wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 03:00:
Patch can't fix dwindling player numbers, doubt it'll be enough to bring them back.

bf3stats.com

Shows quite a few people on, and it is noon on a workday. Not sure what you were going for there.

Here are the changes for anyone curious.

News Comments > The Boondock Saints Game Official
12. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 22:10 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:21:
It was a fun little flick but that's it. Way too late for a game about it. Hell, the only realy part of he film I really liked anyway was about "Charlie Bronson always has rope."

While I disagree with the only liked bit (you can hate on 2 all you want, but 1 was damn good sir!), I agree with the rest. Wayyyyy too late for a game at this point, unless it is just a crazy game changer. And since it is a movie game, I highly doubt that.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Hardware Rumors
13. Re: Valve on Steam Hardware Rumors Mar 9, 2012, 10:14 MattyC

Dev wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 20:37:
So they aren't denying that they are doing it.
They are just denying they are doing it SOON.
Wonder what that means in valve time

An inverse Valve time vortex that will swallow existence itself :/

... Luckily it won't come until a few months after we see it coming though, so hey we have that!

News Comments > World of Warcraft Cataclysm Postmortem
13. Re: World of Warcraft Cataclysm Postmortem Mar 8, 2012, 16:41 MattyC

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 11:10:
Did not seem to learn anything from my perspective. Vashjir, the sea area is basically useless. Nothing there, no reputation to gain, nothing. How can you add an area like that without putting something in it that is usefull?

That was one of the few zones of Cata I liked. At least it was something fun and different - exactly what I want out of an expansion. Not everything needs to be a grind of some kind. I liked it more than boring Hyjal anyway.

News Comments > Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff
54. Re: Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff Mar 1, 2012, 10:57 MattyC

Prez wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 10:12:
**Prez sees a politics flame war on his games site and runs screaming...** Outtahere

Indeed! http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/10/1275852583072.gif

626 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo