Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 626 (Apprentice)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations Demo
9. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 15, 2013, 08:58 MattyC

I haven't enjoyed a RE game since Resident Evil 4, but if they are willing to release a demo I will give it a go.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
45. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 15, 2013, 08:34 MattyC

Beelzebud wrote on May 14, 2013, 18:50:
People keep bringing up an expansion. Here is all I'm going to say about an expansion for Diablo 3:

The RMAH should have paid for one 10 times over again, and they really have completely lost touch if they plan on charging for an expansion, while making who-knows how much money on their RMAH.

They make what? Like $1 per RMHA? How much activity is on the RMAH? People make this argument but it seems silly to me. They run WoW, they don't need the money and I doubt the AH even covers server costs for D3.

I don't mean to say that the game doesn't continue to have issues, but I doubt the RMAH is some super cash cow.

News Comments > Anno Online Open Beta
7. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 15:20 MattyC

It seems very limited. I guess I was still in the tutorial section, but it was still forcing me to use prespecified building locations a reasonable bit in.  

News Comments > Anno Online Open Beta
3. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 13:27 MattyC

Creston wrote on May 14, 2013, 13:07:
It's free. All you're out of is a few hours of spare time.

Creston

Yes, but some F2P games are really more 'F2P but not really, you have to pay to do pretty much anything after the start'. Age of Empires Online was like that (at least at first, they may have changed it later).

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
25. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 12:25 MattyC

I quit long ago, never really got very far into A4 Inferno and I didn't think I would be back. I started playing again after the most recent patch and am having a bit of fun. I doubt I will continue to play for a long time, but they really did make a ton of improvements since launch. It doesn't change the fact that it is absurd for a game that spent that long in development to take another year after release to get this good, but it is something. I think D3 wasn't really a traditional Blizzard quality game, but it was still fun.

I can't speak to the AH, never really used it.

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
17. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 22:13 MattyC

netnerd85 wrote on May 13, 2013, 21:06:
Yosemite Sam wrote on May 13, 2013, 20:52:
TB says
That guy is a douche of the most first class douches.

... Why exactly?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 3, 2013, 14:05 MattyC

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 3, 2013, 12:15:
We have four Pis at the house running Raspbmc that do nothing but stream media off of the media server in the rack.

They work flawlessly and we've had zero issues so far with anything we've played. You have to manually setup the A/V sync in the settings menu, however.

Is this with standard def or HD? I would love to replace my power guzzling mid-tower with soemthing tiny that sips power, but I am just not sold on it being able to handle HD.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 10:12 MattyC

Mad Max RW wrote on May 3, 2013, 09:31:
This is Ion Storm all over again.

While I gather there was false presentation here, (haven't played the game myself, going off of comments) I don't think it was the level of Dominion trickery. I also don't think they are buying up games and shoveling them out to get out of a contract, they are just being dumb as far as I can tell.

I am not trying to say they are sustainable, but they also aren't throwing out shovelware while hyping up a terrible title like Daikatana. Also, sadly, I don't see one of their subdivisions cranking out a Deus Ex or Anachronox.

Hardware > 2.1 speakers?
10. No subject Apr 25, 2013, 19:50 MattyC

Verno wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 14:24:
Echoing PHJF to just get a great pair of headphones unless you're doing a lot of gaming with friends over.

If you must have speakers, get some nice bookshelf speakers and an amp.

I would second this. Though that is going to put it out of your budget. It is something you might want to consider saving up for. I highly doubt you will regret it.

News Comments > First BlizzCon 2013 Tickets Sell Out
4. Re: First BlizzCon 2013 Tickets Sell Out Apr 25, 2013, 14:12 MattyC

Optional nickname wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 11:06:
Just like in their battlenet forums and reddit subforum, All these tickets have been sold out to Blizzard Moderators pretending to be the brainless yes-men fanbois!

Fact: EA , (EA! Guys, we're talking about EA!!!) ==> has, and is actively supporting their new game of Simcity, in the first month of release, far more than Blizzard ever has or will ever do, in the course of this whole year since D3 was released!

What an embarassment of epic proportions that must be!

so long, Blizztards.

I might go out there and scalp some T-Shirts with printed words: EA +1, Blizzard -1

...ok

News Comments > XCOM Shooter "Fresh Look" Reveal in "Days"
9. Re: XCOM Shooter Apr 24, 2013, 10:17 MattyC

Enemy Unknown had some issues for sure, but overall I thought it was a great game. I thought the length of the campaign was perfect. I am at about 50 hours and I am just shy of finishing my second campaign with the second being set to the longer campaign DLC option.  

News Comments > March NPD Results
6. Re: March NPD Results Apr 19, 2013, 16:52 MattyC

Prez wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 16:19:
Isn't' that version of "The Walking Dead" the one that completely sucks?? Speechless

Pretty much

News Comments > March NPD Results
1. Re: March NPD Results Apr 19, 2013, 10:50 MattyC

Is it just me or did they really fail with marketing that Gears of War game? I didn't even know they were making another entry in the series until I read an article saying it wasn't selling as well as past ones a few days ago.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 18, 2013, 13:16 MattyC

FIFA!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 17, 2013, 12:45 MattyC

Topevoli wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:26:
Gran Turismo 6 set for PlayStation 3 according to online retailer.

Based on GT5 I expect this to hit sometime before or around the next millennium.

No kidding, I am surprised this isn't for the PS4. I really don't see them getting it done while the PS3 is the lead console.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2013, 16:58 MattyC

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 15:39:
Skyrim sounds great, from reviews online, face to face anecdotes about the game friends and coworkers tell me, etc. None of that matters, however. It is the principle now. Discounted GotY version and/or $9.99 or under version.

The few who are left will prevail!

I can kind of get what you are going for there. I payed full price at launch for AoE II, so I am not sold on the HD Edition at that price point. That said, c'mon... Skyrim is great. If you won't give money to devs making great stuff then what are you going to expect in the future?

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified
17. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 13, 2013, 17:02 MattyC

Dev wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 15:53:
Rattlehead wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 15:38:
Why would anyone want to sign a deal with Microsoft? They literally have no souls.
Because if they didn't they couldn't use the IP.

Which is sad because it makes no sense. The only game Microsoft made with the IP had absolutely nothing to do with the IP. It had the name and nothing else.

News Comments > America's Army Beta Signups
1. Re: America's Army Beta Signups Apr 8, 2013, 20:54 MattyC

This is still going? I had no idea they ever really followed up on the first release.  

News Comments > Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Kickstarter
3. Re: Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Kickstarter Apr 4, 2013, 18:07 MattyC

Blackhawk wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 16:20:
The term 'roguelike' has ceased to have any meaning whatsoever. It needs to be retired.

I am always just sad that it never really means roguelike. Nethack is still around and I play it every now and then. It is still plenty of fun, but I wouldn't mind to see a 'modern' retake on that. Though I imagine they would really have to tweak the controls

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month
27. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 17:53 MattyC

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 17:43:
I feel Blizzard is on a bit of a tumble currently with SC2

You didn't care for SC2 either? Guess we just have really different taste. I thought Wings was good and HotS great. D3 I will give you. I think I got my moneys worth with it, but I'd say that was a 70% game on release that way maybe patched into the 80% much later. Which is fine, I have played much worse, but it isn't what I expect from Blizzard.

626 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo