Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian Uhrig

Real Name Brian Uhrig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Max-Ray
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 18, 2007, 15:30
Total Comments 25 (Suspect)
User ID 38651

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Smart Cars Jun 26, 2008, 11:08 Max-Ray

They have passed US crash tests, but I can't believe that they would fare very well in a crash with a larger vehicle.
I'm also very disappointed in their price and gas mileage. For the same price you can get a Focus or Corolla that gets nearly the same mileage and probably safer too. I felt the Smart Car should get a minimum of 60mpg for it to be taken seriously.
Check out "Who Killed the Electric Car", which I just watched last night. A cool car that no one wanted to sell.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > French Street Racing Demo
1. Movie "Ronin" Jun 13, 2008, 16:55 Max-Ray

maybe one could recreate the chase sequence from Ronin, which I beleive was shot in Nice.

29. Re: Cold Brewing Nov 16, 2007, 17:35 Max-Ray

I'm almost positive my Mom has her Mother's (or maybe Grandmother's) hand grinder. Easily 1900's or earlier. I wonder how well that would perform?

25. Cold Brewing Nov 16, 2007, 15:50 Max-Ray

I use a cold brewing system (http://www.toddycafe.com/) where you grind up a pound of coffee, add cold water and sit overnight. This process also eliminates a lot of the acids that make a bad cup of joe. Drain the next day and refrigerate. Its a concentrate so you just mix it about 10:1 with hot water and there you go!

Guess I need to look at grinders as I've been using a cheap'o blade grinder.

I've heard such conflicting word about leaving your whole beans at room temp or the freezer. I got a pamphlet from Caribou Coffee that said leave your beans at room temp and to NOT freeze the beans. Maybe they just want them to go bad so you have to buy more....

9. Re: No subject May 18, 2007, 11:34 Max-Ray

Could also have been straight line winds. A couple of summers ago, here in the Twin Cities, we got 80mph straight line winds, no tornado. Only storm I actually got afraid my windows were going to blow out. Trees were down everywhere and the whole northern part of the Twin Cities lost power.

25 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo