Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brian Uhrig

Real Name Brian Uhrig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Max-Ray
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 18, 2007, 15:30
Total Comments 25 (Suspect)
User ID 38651

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2013, 13:08 Max-Ray

Get yourself a microfibre cloth and ONLY use that to clean your glasses. I had a pair many years ago that were scratched all to hell. After that I decided to only use microfibre on them. I've gone a couple years with them being nearly scratch free. And I'm pretty sure I've got the scratch resistant coating too.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2012, 22:03 Max-Ray

I think "The Artist" is a beautiful movie. If per chance you'd want to delve into other traditional silents, I'd recommend "The Black Pirate" because it is THE quintessential pirate move and "Wings" as its the first Best Picture Oscar winner - and the flying sequences are pretty spectacular. Anything from Chaplin is exceptional. For flat out comedy, Buster Keaton or Harold Lloyd can't be beat.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2011, 11:11 Max-Ray

I'll make the jump for WC as well. I remember well playing this, the music, the combat, squeaking out a victory with a battered ship...  

6. Re: What bugs me... Jul 20, 2011, 12:03 Max-Ray

I agree kanniball, NASA's budget has been a sliver for a number of years. And with the Shuttle program coming to an end, its not only those who worked on the shuttle but all the towns surrounding the Cape that will take a hit.

But I do still re-live that day when the whole family was plopped in front of the TV looking at those grainy black & white pictures coming from the moon.... Still get a little excited and sentimental on this day.

8. Re: 400 mph RC plane Nov 9, 2010, 13:03 Max-Ray

Seemed like he was running a the same pattern back and forth, something one could practice on a slower RC plane. And of course, he has to turn the thing around so it doesn't go out of range of the controller!

I couldn't say if was going 400 mph, but is sure was going FAST!

17. RIP Mandelbrot Oct 17, 2010, 00:19 Max-Ray

I recall writing the program to generate the Mandelbrot set on an Apple II at work and letting it run overnight. The thing hadn't finished the entire screen, but there was enough there to know I'd done it right. Needless to say, things have gotten faster since that 1MHz processor.  

10. The Pacific Mar 22, 2010, 10:11 Max-Ray

I had read that this series was more disjointed than BoB being that the characters they decided to portray entered into battle at different points during the Pacific Campaign.

It's not too terribly disjointed IMO. I think this series will be as different a viewing experience from BoB as were the ETO and PTO.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2010, 16:40 Max-Ray

Wow, I'm really shocked there are no sightings of leather goddesses in those Mars photos.

Great Meretzky reference!

News Comments > Jagged Alliance Series Acquired, Jagged Alliance 3 Announced
6. Re: Jagged Alliance Series Acquired, Jagged Alliance 3 Announced Mar 9, 2010, 12:23 Max-Ray

I prefer the turn based versions of the past, but I'd go for a hybrid style, much like the Baldur's Gate games. Real Time, but pausable to change/modify targets, actions of your team.

Co-op - Definitely needs to be included.

News Comments > Red Baron Lands at Mad Otter
11. Re: Red Baron Lands at Mad Otter Sep 10, 2009, 16:15 Max-Ray

I bought the EGA version of this and when I'd scrounged enough cash, bought a new video card and monitor and sent my disks in to upgrade to VGA.
Ah, such great memories. I hope the Otter's do the sequel justice!

6. Re: Apollo and the Moon Jul 16, 2009, 11:06 Max-Ray

I very much remember going to see 2001: A Space Odyssey and watching the Lunar landing and Moon Walk. I'm very much looking forward to all the documentaries that are sure to be televised.
It wasn't until I became older and had read more on the subject that I became discouraged with NASA's direction (armchair Space Director that I am). NASA is certainly not the same entity they were in the 60's, which is too bad. They've become a bloated, bureaucratic, committee burdened by the past. I'm sceptical of their attempt to go to Mars and if it will ever transpire. I would rather have a team build a permanent moon station to harvest minerals and then rail-gun them back to earth. For me that is a much more logical step than Mars. Not as flashy for sure. But if we do go to Mars, what then? A high profile mission, but then what? That's what happened to the moon missions, people lost interest.

I'll have to wait for Burt Rutan (or any of the other up and coming space companies) to design a moon base....

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2009, 11:59 Max-Ray

John Yoo scares the hell out of me. I hope he ends up facing some jail time for what he's done. And if that can happen, maybe other's higher up will face some indictment.
Maybe just pipedreams on my part, but a guy can hope.

There was some psychological tests done way back in the 60's - one person asks questions, the other answers. When he answers wrong he gets a shock. and the intensity goes up after each wrong question. Though the test is 'rigged' - the subject is the question/shock giver. The other guy is just acting that he's being shocked. How high will he turn the dial? Turns out most people will go all the way into the RED. This in turn with a comment also somewhere in the 60's about the German Death Camps of WW2 and this could never happen again. Some psychologist said - Sure it can happen here in the US. It will be done in the name of Patriotism.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rise of Flight
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rise of Flight Jun 26, 2009, 11:14 Max-Ray

I'll certainly take a look at this too. Fond memories of Red Baron

And Oleg Maddox - where's Storm of War: Battle of Britain. Hints suggest 70 years after the Battle of Britain - September 2010

Hope you're right, I've been anticipating this one for a long time.

10. Teen diagnoses her own disease Jun 12, 2009, 15:45 Max-Ray

I read the first paragraph of the article and thought, "Wow, that sounds like my symptoms before I was diagnosed with Crohn's".

I would have thought this would have been quickly diagnosed these days. I was in and out of hospitals way back in the late 60's before Crohn's was finally the diagnosis. Today, Crohn's and other gastrointestinal diseases are much more widely known.

Hopefully, drugs will be able to control the disease for her rather than surgery.

Max Ray

11. Open Wheel Racing May 26, 2009, 12:04 Max-Ray

I don't often watch the Indy500 myself, but this years race was decent IMO. The several yellow's kept the field bunched so we could see more fights to the checkers.

I prefer to watch F1 (and GP2). The new F1 rules have really mixed up the field. I like the fact there is more than fast left hand turns in F1 racing. And Monaco was a gorgeous day for a race!

News Comments > F1 Game Plans
3. Re: Realism Apr 23, 2009, 11:12 Max-Ray

Maybe it will also include incidents while the Pit Out light is Red, Pit Stop releases while the fuel hose is still attached and exclusion of constructor points for stealing competitor information.

Max-Ray

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Seagate Drives Jan 14, 2009, 11:52 Max-Ray

Of course I bought one of the 7200.11 750GB drives just last night! And a friend of mine bought a 1.5TB drive a week ago. Mines working now, will have to update the firmware it seems - as will my friend.  

News Comments > Heroes Over Europe Trailer, Previews
2. Re: Heroes Over Europe Trailer, Previews Dec 4, 2008, 13:57 Max-Ray

A friend of mine recommended Heroes Over the Pacific and I really enjoyed it. This looks fun too with planes from the Battle of Britain through the 8th Air Force in the later years.

I too miss the old Dynamics titles. I've played Red Baron a few times through DOSBox. I'd forgotten how tough it was for the Brits during the early Fokker Scourge missions!

I think my early flight simes were F15 Strike Eagle and Apache, both from the venerable Microprose. I'm also looking forward to the Storm of War, whenever it actually comes out.

47. Re: Meh. Nov 4, 2008, 13:27 Max-Ray

What I don't like about the Electorial College system is that the winning ticket doesn't have to win the popular vote. So, in essence, my vote is NOT for the Presidency, but for whom my states Electorial votes go towards.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Movies
1. storyline Oct 17, 2008, 12:23 Max-Ray

The "Training" Trailer lends the story to be something of a "Le Femme Nikita" type, albeit w/o the guns. I'm still looking forward to this game. Reminds me a bit of "Oni" from several years back.

25 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo