Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daggz

Real Name Daggz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Daggz
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 16, 2007, 02:54
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 38396

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > More on Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back
24. Re: stange Jun 28, 2007, 07:13 Daggz

Chaser is without any doubt the best DX8 shooter ever made. I enjoyed every bit out of it. This game was the peak of the DX8 era.

I think I love you.

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 07:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back
21. Re: stange Jun 28, 2007, 04:20 Daggz

To hear that SOF III could be in the hands of developer Cauldron has just made my day, no matter what anyone says Chaser was a true gem of a game and still remains one of my most memorable fps experiences.

Can't wait for confirmation they are now actually the developer.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Anniversary Demo
2. Re: No subject May 26, 2007, 16:01 Daggz

Been playing this since last night (when the demo was first released) and it is completely awesome. It really helps hit home just why the original TR was such a special game. Try it it, love it, buy it!

News Comments > Need for Speed Announcement Nears
22. No subject May 22, 2007, 10:07 Daggz

Daytime racing ftw.

Most Wanted was fantastic fun so I was sorely disappointed when they returned to the whole driving only at night approach with the last outing. Maybe it's about time they did a mixture of the two?

The tech vid looks spiffing and all but I'm more interested in reading about actual gameplay elements/changes/updates than basing it on how it looks.

This comment was edited on May 22, 10:07.

News Comments > StarCraft II Trailer
1. Hoorah! May 21, 2007, 12:07 Daggz

Just can't get enough of this at present!

EDIT: 450mb!!!

This comment was edited on May 21, 12:08.

News Comments > StarCraft II Announced
10. Re: pics and vids May 19, 2007, 10:51 Daggz

Today is most certainly a day of days. I never thought this day would come.

But it has! so hoorah!

News Comments > Deus Ex Sequel?
36. Re: Space May 18, 2007, 11:26 Daggz

There isn't and never shall be a "best game ever" simply because everything ever made is always flawed in some way, exactly like every other release ever made.

Deus Ex came close yes, but I strongly feel that if done correctly the best could still be yet to come.

I guess we just have to believe...like all those twats did in Neo.

This comment was edited on May 18, 11:27.

29. Re: Hoping May 18, 2007, 07:40 Daggz

I guess what I was really getting at is that I hope the new technology helps them make better overall design decisions. So yes I agree that the tech used in a game doesn't always mean a game will be worse off, for instance the Xbox version of SCDA is meant to be far superior to that of it's 360 brother.

Eidos must see the massive chance they now have to make something worthy of the name Deus Ex, again I just hope they are capable of delivering it.

27. Re: Hoping May 18, 2007, 06:25 Daggz

I think it's a good time to revisit the Deus Ex Universe, but ONLY if they understand that the biggest mistake made with IW was that the DX vision had to be scaled down so much to fit the hardware that it just killed the game.

Even if this does go 360 only first it will still have more of a chance of being something we all wanted from DX2 due to the large difference in technology the 360 now has to play with. And then as long as they do a decent port all will be right in the universe of gaming once more, justice at last. In my eyes this news gives me more hope of finally getting a proper sequel to the classic PC original than ever before. I just hope they don't screw the pooch a second time as IW was a travesty beyond equal measure.

This comment was edited on May 18, 06:27.

News Comments > Lost Planet PC Demos
38. No subject May 16, 2007, 11:22 Daggz

For anyone having trouble running the demo under Win x64, it has now been found that it's the actual installer package used that does not like to run under either Win 2000 or Win x64. The demo itself runs just fine but it means bypassing the installer package version to get to it, which means the only alternative is to download the demo from Steam below:

http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=6530

Hope that helps anyone who suffered the same problems many of us have.

25. Re: unable to play game need help May 16, 2007, 06:20 Daggz

I couldn't get the game to run from the originally released demo installer, but thankfully Steam bypasses all that and just installs straight to the HDD no fuss.

So thoughts?

I honestly think it sets a new standard for just how console to PC ports should be handled, it's nay perfect mind (no widescreen support, button configs are a tad iffy, save system? etc) but overall it's a damn impressive demo. It both looks and runs great on my machine which is only Dx9 based and hardly the highest spec around:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6493/lostplanetdx92007051609kf7.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4830/lostplanetdx92007051609bs1.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1465/lostplanetdx92007051611bp8.jpg

Feedback has mostly been very positive thus far, and I hereby add my own to praising Capcom in delivering what looks like being a very worthy port.

This comment was edited on May 16, 06:26.

21. Re: Lost Planet Demo Lost Operating Syst May 16, 2007, 03:06 Daggz

@Overon

Dude, this is actually the very first thing I've tried to run on my x64 OS that refused to actually work.

EDIT:

There's now a version of the demo up on Steam...

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=6530

So I'm going to give that one a whirl.

[This message was edited at May 16, 03:07.
This comment was edited on May 16, 03:34.

11. Lost Planet Demo Lost Operating System May 15, 2007, 22:58 Daggz

So I download the DX9 demo due to owning a 7900 GTX and no Vista, run the install and get the following error message:

"The Lost Planet Demo Trial does not support your operating system".

Specs:

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Yay?

*Cancels preorder

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo