Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname slipmat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1108436
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 14, 2007, 13:44
Total Comments 11 (Suspect)
User ID 38307

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
5. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 20:40 slipmat

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:36:
Got one as well, guess we'll see if it's worthwhile or not.

As a heads up for anyone, the installer is fully fubared if you don't include Program Files(x86)\Bethesda\Launcher\ for your install path, using \bethsda\ or \launcher\ will cause it to hardlock.

The installer is functional. I have on a separate drive, not in the default location with a custom folder.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Firefall Open Beta
7. Re: Firefall Open Beta Jul 9, 2013, 21:33 slipmat

It's also first person. You can toggle. A great shooter. PvP is tight (if there isn't lag)  

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
23. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 13:05 slipmat

Bhruic wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:19:
Verno wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:14:
Regardless of how anyone feels about DRM and whatnot it's great to see a PC game selling huge.

Can't agree there. Everyone is going to look at those sales numbers as a validation of the always on connection. I'd have much rather seen the game completely tank than pulling record sales like this.

Hoping for failure based on a change that you don't agree with is completely asinine.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2011, 22:43 slipmat

I like it the way it is.  

News Comments > Monday Game Reviews
3. Re: GamesDaily Link Nov 5, 2007, 19:31 slipmat

I wasn't blaiming him, just pointing out the mistake by gamedaily! hahaha

I love everybody.

News Comments > Monday Game Reviews
1. GamesDaily Link Nov 5, 2007, 10:43 slipmat

Is ok, but the article talks about LoTR - Two Towers and reviews that with a Hellgate: London title. Just an FYI.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Best Place for TF2 tweaks? Oct 17, 2007, 15:03 slipmat

I think I figured it out. *think* // Basically I think the game was having a conflict with the drivers that "Logmein.com" provided for video. I don't know why they provided video drivers but they do? Anyway I disabled them and it seems to be running much better and I've upped the resolution and have seen improvements.

The obvious - check. I did a clean format on my system, updated all drivers and there are no spyware nor viruses and I've disabled all running processes except steam.

Everything is at low btw - so I think the above fixed it but it crashed like 20 minutes into the game with an HL2.exe error? haha

Thanks!

-slipmat

16. Best Place for TF2 tweaks? Oct 17, 2007, 13:39 slipmat

Hello Bluesnews fans.

I have a problem. It seems as if it's upgrade time for my pc, but I want to see if there are any console / boot commands for HL2-TF2 that I can use to help my FPS.

Comp specs: AGP 4x - GeForce 7800 (256 mb ram) - last good GeForce card for AGP! hahah.
P4 - 3.2 (OC'd slighty)
2 gigs of ram.
XP Pro.

Yadda yadda ... I'm currently running at 640x480 with everything to their absolute lowest setting which is 'okay' - smooth wise until more than 3-8 or more people are on screen it hick-ups all the time.

Just curious as I thought it would be better playable, HL2 E1 and E2 I run at 1680x1050 with no issues at medium levels... so i'm confused as to why TF2 is sooo awful for me. - there is occasional chop on the single player games, but nothing too dramatic.

yet playing multiplayer I gotta have the FPS way up as to win.

Please advise if you can. (Even sound is at the lowest setting)

Your Friend,
-slipmat

Edit 1: Remember in Quake where you could adjust the data bandwidth to increase FPS's and stuff, sometimes movement if you were really sneaky - is that in TF2? I can't tell if it's data problems (i have 8 mb cable in Philadelphia - which is hub of Comcast and I'm with them) ... so I'm lost still. thanks.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 13:40.

3. I'll help Oct 7, 2007, 23:26 slipmat

With the left overs. Let me know what night! Or lunch!

21. Re: I'm a noob May 14, 2007, 18:38 slipmat

Well, I was looking back through the history of time on Bluesnews for myself. I think when he changed to the current layout my information of old was passed on to ... death.

The best thing I ever remember was back in 1996 I sent blue a news article I found interesting but unfortunatly I had a virus at the time and send him that old Fireworks virus ... and he just responded, you have a virus. That was the last thing I think i sent him.

I wept, but I eventually got over it. Anyway that being said, I dunno what happened to my log in.

19. I'm a noob May 14, 2007, 09:46 slipmat

I just realized I can push my middle mouse button to get a link to open in a new tab. Crazy huh?

(in IE7)

This comment was edited on May 14, 09:46.

11 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo