Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cholma

Real Name Cholma   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cholma
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 4, 2000, 02:46
Total Comments 253 (Amateur)
User ID 3753

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. I don't mind Ads Aug 16, 2001, 14:51 Cholma

As long as they aren't Pop-ups, the ads don't bother me. Does anyone really get upset over ads in magazines or newspapers? Even TV ads don't bother too much... you use them to go to the bathroom or surf channels. Magazine ads you just gloss over without paying any attention, unless it's for a product you're really interested in. Same with ads on the internet. I don't even notice most of them, unless they're annoying (which I refuse to click on as a matter of principle) or happen to have a product I'm interested in (which is rare. They *really* need to figure what demographic they're aiming for. Don't see too many ads for Life Insurance or Washing Machines in PC Gamer)

As for subscriptions, those probably won't work. Thousands of people told PC Accelerator they'd pay $10/mo or more if the magazine came back in any shape or form. So PCXL.com was launched as a subscription site, and almost no one signed up. The site was D.O.A. before it even got started.

The banners and skyscrapers are fine, Blue, just try to avoid the pop-ups, please. Sorry to hear about Loony.

I do buy games & books thru Amazon.com, so maybe one of those partnership buttons might work. Maybe link the button to the game that your logo pays homage to each week.

Cholma

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: German Tank Aug 8, 2001, 16:05 Cholma

Well, an hour and half before bidding closes, but no bids. I wonder why... doesn't everyone have $100K lying around?
PzKpfw III "This particular tank was recovered in one of the Eastern Europe battlefields."
If this thing was on the Eastern Front, its crew must have seen some bitter fighting.

Maybe James Garner will buy it to replace his Sherman!
Cholma
(edit grammer)

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 16:05.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Computer killings under fire Aug 3, 2001, 10:54 Cholma

From the article:
Another add-on version of the violent and bloodthirsty game, Half Life: Blue Shift, was released in Australia only two weeks before the shooting murder of security guard and father-of-seven Steven Rogers at a Melbourne abortion clinic.

Sounds to me like another terrorist attack by a "Pro-Life" group. (who don't seem to get the hypocrisy of killing someone to save a fetus. "Life is sacred-- except yours")

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 10:55.

9. Re: Diak is my name Aug 2, 2001, 14:36 Cholma

This is wierd since I've *never* seen this ad, not at work or home. I thought it had been discontinued until I saw people complaining last night. I visit this site at least twice a day and there's always the banner ad on top and an ad at left, but no pop-up. Strange. Guess I got lucky somehow, although after all the complaints, I *want* to see it.

Now if only that McDonald's ad on Gamespy would disappear...

Cholma
WinNT4 SP6 +IE5.0 SP1 at work/Win98 SE +IE5.0 SP2 at home
Maybe I'll clear my cache and see what happens

18. Re: Pop-up Ad Aug 1, 2001, 19:03 Cholma

Is the Die Hard pop-up still active? For some reason I've never seen it. The banner rotates on every page view, but no pop-up. (should I count my blessings?)

Cholma
Edit: Using WinNT4 SP6/IE5.0 at work and Win98 SE/IE5.0 at home

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 19:05.

2. T-Shirts (BN-Shirts?) Jul 17, 2001, 13:55 Cholma

d00d! 7h3s3 5h!r75 R0XX0R. 7h3y'r3 ph@ !
: :-ahem-: :
I mean the shirts are really cool. I got one of each.

Cholma

9. Re: Satellite Tax Jul 12, 2001, 16:10 Cholma

>The end result of this (if it goes through) is that Hughes will move their business to a city with more reasonable thinking.

Either that or they'll "sell" the satellites to a shell company in another city.

I can't believe the courts actually let him tax the Ice Capades either. Our tax system is so out of control. One more reason to favor a Flat Tax on purchases and throw out all income, investment, property taxes, et al once and for all.

(Property taxes really irritate me. Tax me once when I buy the stuff. How can you justify charging year after year? Gone are the days when you could live in a house without a job and just have a garden and a well. Now you need income just to pay for the right to have a home!)

Cholma

9. Re: Kick ass You? Jul 3, 2001, 13:36 Cholma

>If you Americans have been kicking ass for two century's.
>What happend in Korea and Vietnam?
x|

::not starting a flame, just commenting::
American soldiers did kick ass in Korea, even against a billion Chinese troops. Politics stopped it at the original demarcation line, but the troops kicked ass.

In Vietnam, I believe we "won" every major engagement.
But, when the politicians think winning is having a higher body count and not holding territory, the war is doomed. Johnson should've bombed Hanoi until it was a hole in the ground. Everytime he put restrictions on bombing and other combat actions, the NVA laughed at us. If Bush had put the same restrictions on Kuwait, it could've had similar trouble.

Cholma
and yes, I'm an Army Veteran.

BTW: Blue- you wondered what the significance of Flag Day was a few weeks ago. It's the U.S. Army's birthday.

8. Re: continuing... Jul 3, 2001, 13:18 Cholma

They are in the army hangar preparing for the demonstration for General Barnaky

"Barnaky? Barnaky?! He still owes me money!"

And I'd collect too, if those damn robots in Vault 0 hadn't got to him first...

Cholma
mixing his references

9. Re: blue Jun 25, 2001, 19:00 Cholma

Blue, don't be afraid of the power plant. It won't hurt you. I promise!

I'm all for Nuke Power, but I think most people are probably more apprehensive about waste disposal than in the plants themselves. Garbage that won't "go away" and is highly lethal is very intimidating to many. Now they're even complaining about the depleted uranium ammo the military uses for tank-busting.

Cholma
Looking for Vault Zero

News Comments > Fruit of the loon
6. All Work And No Play... Jun 23, 2001, 16:54 Cholma

...Makes Furn A Bleary-Eyed Coder!

Interesting small print on that contest...
On a somewhat related topic to Furn's or Looney's code, WTBS just showed The Shining this afternoon.

REDRUM! REDRUM!

Cholma

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 16:55.

6. Re: Forums etc. Jun 19, 2001, 13:18 Cholma

Oops... looks like quoted text doesn't retain the formatting of the original, unless Loonyboi cut-n-pasted the quoted text?

Cholma

News Comments > Fruit of the loon
45. Huzzah! Message Board & T-shirts! Jun 16, 2001, 17:01 Cholma

Hurray! Blues News Message Boards are back.
Wow. Really missed this "thang". ;-)

Can't wait for my t-shirts to arrive.
(now if only the shirt companies would offer polo/golf-type
shirts so I could wear these to work!)

Cholma

253 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo