Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 1611 (Pro)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser Aug 3, 2015, 20:17 Task

I fear a future X-Wing or TIE fighter by EA. Just imagine it - energy management would be made less important, and your ship would regenerate health.  

Playing: Pillars of Eternity, FF10, The Witcher 3
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Aug 3, 2015, 09:43 Task

Also from that site Young Girl Swears God Told Her How to Draw (White) Jesus, Girl is White

Doesn't surprise me though that a religious site reports on games. Younger generations of religious people are more open to Tech. I had religious grandparents - mostly just my grandmothers - that never watched TV or used computers as they became better over time.

Also I really want C&C2 that's NOT f2p - my favorite faction was the rebels, or whatever they were called from the first game.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patch Notes
3. Re: The Witcher III Patch Notes Jul 31, 2015, 20:10 Task

Yikes man, how'd you lose your save?

Haven't felt the need to 'sexy time' in TW3 - mostly just exploring and discovering things. I really enjoyed how they portrayed Keira Metz, pretty spot on from the books, but I denied her 'advances.' I like her a lot better than Triss or Yenn. Personally I feel really bad since I had Geralt romance Triss in the first two games and when the choices carry over, and you finally meet up with Yennefer, she says something like "you seemed to be getting along fine without me with Triss" or something that and Geralt responds with "Yenn... I didn't know, I had amnesia" and she replies back "Oh, so that's your excuse?."

Back then I had no idea who Yennefer was until the various flashback cutscenes, but figured she was dead/missing, and then I started reading the books to get a waaay better idea of what happened previously.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Cosmonautica
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Cosmonautica Jul 31, 2015, 19:58 Task

Never heard of this, what in the world? Steam reviews are at "very positive" currently.  

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Delayed
1. Re: Mighty No. 9 Delayed Jul 31, 2015, 19:48 Task

Hmm, I heard about the Red Ash debacle. They really should have waited until their first KS was done to flesh out something decent for creating that new Red Ash IP whoever was the one that pushed it too soon (the publisher or Comcept).

The gameplay footage for Mighty No. 9 is looking pretty solid though.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 31, 2015, 19:38 Task

Looks more like Grey Worm from Game of Thrones.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed Jul 31, 2015, 13:33 Task

Minuit wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 10:49:
Task wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 09:00:
If that's the case, and they don't have a game plan for how anyone will play this years from now if the servers go down... kind of screwed.

Sure they have a game plan. All you need to do is buy Star Wars Battlefront 2017. Then, when those servers are retired due to extreme age, buy the newly released Star Wars Battlefront 2018 instead.

You're Probably right... The Dark Age of Gaming is Here.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October
9. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October Jul 31, 2015, 09:09 Task

To me it just matters what type of game you want to play most.

On the one hand, WL2 is all about strategy, with the right amount of challenge, plus good story telling for a top down and a is a direct follow-up to the WL1 story.

Fallout 4 is a lot of unknowns at the moment, but so far revealed to be more like a Build Your House in an Apocalypse FO simulator/Actiony/Run-N-Gun Sandbox. (strategy, command-control of companions, attention grabbing story elements unknown)

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed Jul 31, 2015, 09:00 Task

DangerDog wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 20:34:
All indications are pointing to the game using instanced servers that you'll join through matchmaking.

They've already announced that the game wont use Battlelog and the alpha test didn't have any form of server browser - in game or web based.

You'll also notice no mention of bots for off-line team deathmatch.

If that's the case, and they don't have a game plan for how anyone will play this years from now if the servers go down... kind of screwed.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 30, 2015, 20:19 Task

Riiiight, for "defense" research projects too. Come on now, we all know its going to be for an even bigger spying project named "The Machine" after Person of Interest.  

5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed Jul 30, 2015, 20:10 Task

Cutter wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:53:
Well I'm sure EA will be happy to allow you to do that, provided you pay for it.

Hahaha, well, I'm definitely not pre-ordering this. No way, not even if the pre-order has a playable Wicket bonus - but I'm a sucker for SW... so if its way cheap a while after, maybe, no promises to EA though.

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed Jul 30, 2015, 18:04 Task

I wonder if other parameters can be altered such as the timer, total # of players, or kill count as a server host, like the good 'ol days of dedicated server gamin'. 10 Minutes is not enough for an epic battle unless its supposed to be exactly like those small modes in BF4. Like if there was a Conquest version, I would immediately switch it to 40-60 minutes, 300-500 kills, maximum players, etc.  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 15:31 Task

What's more scary to me is that issues like those are generating a more apathetic tone in the public. Like "haha, this thing is spying on me" "hi nsa/facebook/whatever, here's my meta-data." And we know powerful organizations are still getting away it which is what generated the apathy (because when something goes truly unpunished, those that do it continue their practice); since all that spying activity was swept neatly under the rug. Its a very strange, scary, and fascinating part of history to be in.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 30, 2015, 12:25 Task

That 3D printed version honestly looks better and less plastic looking.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 12:23 Task

I sometimes stream games just for myself; but also on twitch mainly to test my PC rig.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Jul 30, 2015, 11:46 Task

Waiting to see what happens. This may make me forget about R:TW2/Atilla, since its a fresh world having nothing to do with history. I was definitely pretty irritated in the past with my comments on R:TW

From what I understand, this is yet another different group of CA making this and not the team currently in charge of 'history' TW Department of CA.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to "Hate"
21. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 30, 2015, 09:34 Task

Those games don't interest me, but a co-worker said their kids love them. Popular as 'let's plays' as well.

As far as the religious nature of the guy. Spoiler alert, I used to be "on the path" (very religious) in a Christian denomination. I am no longer - I only consider myself non-religious. I can understand why he 'thinks' someone reached down and gave him +10 Luck to his Life Stats.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal Next Week
16. Re: World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal Next Week Jul 30, 2015, 08:26 Task

Even if I remotely thought about playing WoW again, I would probably just wander around all the abandoned areas. Everyone just flocks to the new zones from what I've read.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
14. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 29, 2015, 12:24 Task

This is awesome news. Waiting for Shadowrun: Hong Kong as well. Here's to hoping for actual modern day BT game that is actually good and worth my time/investment.

For the question on why GOG doesn't release the old MW's, my spidey sense has been telling me that it is happening slowly. The MW games are almost always near the top of the request wishlist for games for GOG to release/make compatible. They were neck to neck for a long time with X-Wing/TIE Fighter and those took forever to get released, but eventually did.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
13. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 29, 2015, 12:07 Task

Zor wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 11:25:
is Weisman no longer (or was he really ever?) associated with Piranha Games and MWO?

No, Weisman has been un-associated with Piranha for a long time.

Originally Weisman had a different studio "Smith and Tinker" before founding HB. At the time, Weisman was trying to get an actual Mech Warrior 5 game made and also contracted with Piranha. Something or other fell through, not enough funding, etc.

All of that happened a little before crowdfunds started taking off on Kickstarter. If only they had decided to wait and make MW5 a 1 year or so later on KS, it might have happened under Weisman's "Wise" guiding hand when it comes to all things BT/MechWarrior.

Anyways, when MW5 couldn't be made, he shut down SmithandTinker and he cut any ties with Piranha when he saw that the only deal that could be had was when Piranha asked Microsoft to make a "MW" game "but only if its f2p" and thus the rest is history with the crapola experience that is MWO. Essentially he wanted a "true" AAA not F2P MW, SP experience.

1611 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo