Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 1428 (Pro)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > CDPR: "Too Early" to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077
12. Re: CDPR: May 27, 2015, 11:27 Task

I could end up being wrong, but regardless of how long it takes them I think CD Projekt will get it done - and get it done well. From watching Pondsmith talk about his discussions with CD Projekt, it sounds like they know what they are doing. Seems like they'll be sticking very close to the ruleset and general feel of what Cyberpunk the tabletop game is.

After reading and being introduced to the Witcher novels only after playing the first Witcher game, and playing all the subsequent ones now, I feel pretty confident CD Projekt are extremely good at sticking to original source material. I am completely blown away with how faithful they are to the Witcher fiction and novels and just sit there and nod saying, "Holy crap, yeah, I remember that part of the book" or "I know who that is!" They are 100% better at adapting a novel than Hollywood is at adapting a novel to film.

Playing: Planescape Torment, FF10, The Witcher 3
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 27, 2015, 11:04 Task

Finally some more news on the Ti version, sweet! Some awesome specs on that puppy. I hope by "imminent" they mean BEFORE August/September like the previous rumor.  

News Comments > CDPR: "Too Early" to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077
6. Re: CDPR: May 27, 2015, 10:49 Task

Cyberpunk 2070 is going to be based on the ruleset of Pen and Paper/Tabletop RPG game Cyberpunk 2020; just set 50 years in the future in that fictional world. Its combat ruleset is skill based, instead of level based (getting hit is lethal, and leveling up does not make you do more damage or take less damage, that all depends on what kind of armor or weapons you find). In that fiction, Corporations take over almost every major government in the world, following a massive socio-economic collapse and period of martial law. The "look" or feel of Cyberpunk contains elements associated with the 1980s (think 80s hair bands and retrograde tech). The game itself takes place near San Jose, but the expanded Cyberpunk has stuff all over the world.

From what has been revealed so far, it sounds like Deus Ex, but with heavy customization options based on the tabletop game. I imagine they will use the engine they used for Witcher 3, or an updated version of that.

This is the information on the game so far:

- It will have first person and third person perspective (possibly first person shooter, switchable to third person shooter, with RPG mechanics, again kind of like Deus Ex)
- It'll have rather mature themes as expected of CD Projekt
- Non-linear story (assuming multiple endings sort of thing)
- The player can choose different roles; (The roles of the actual Cyberpunk are the following: Cop, Corporate, Fixer, Media, Netrunner, Nomad, Rockerboy, Solo, Techie, Med-Tech)
- Customization is tied highly to the plot (in Cyberpunk there are tons of customization options, just check this site)
- Also a unverified rumor that Ciri, from the Witcher Universe, will make a cameo appearance

Cyberware upgrade list
The stats you can upgrade
Skill list
Weapon list

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
61. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 21:12 Task

Alright more gushing from me the witcher fan. I had a big grin when I saw Gwent for the first time, the card game Zoltan and his Dwarven pals were playing when they were on a caravan with Geralt and others in the books. And after beating your first game of it, OF COURSE they give you Zoltan as a card, lol. I read that the Dice game might not be included this time around, kind of a bummer, but oh well - if they add it back in I hope they make it closer to how was originally in Witcher 1.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
22. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 13:30 Task

I just started it last night. I was super amazed in the beginning of the game that they brought a small part of the book Blood of Elves to life where they show Geralt and friends raising Ciri. And they made that part she was training on exactly how I pictured it in my head.  

News Comments > CHARIOT WARS Released
1. Re: CHARIOT WARS Released May 26, 2015, 12:00 Task

game of the year?  

News Comments > Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
2. Re: Mad Max Savage Road Trailer May 26, 2015, 10:47 Task

George Miller also started work on Mad Max 5: The Wasteland.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2015, 00:35 Task

Holy smokes, take my money hoverboard guy and make me one of those!  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 24, 2015, 18:30 Task

The "boing boing" article doesn't touch on much of it all, its too short. There is this buzzfeed one from march which is a pretty long read.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 24, 2015, 14:59 Task

That hacktivist guy, I read about that a few months ago. The files he apparently saw had to do with the as yet unresolved "anthrax" scare following 9/11 (the strain was traced to a kind of anthrax made only at a US defense bio lab). There is also a related part to this where an FBI agent, the freakin' guy in charge of the investigation, recently blew the whistle and stated the whole anthrax investigation was bogus and was not perpetrated by a 'crazed mad scientist' as they put it.

Additionally the hactivist guy was nabbed at the Canadian border, after their family uprooted and moved there. The Father was especially spooked as he said, "The U.S. is not the country I grew up in" or something like that due to the government's ongoing harassment. They also tried to seek asylum status for their son in Canada, after the Russian embassy in the U.S. denied him asylum status. When he was nabbed, they drugged him up and interrogated him illegally without due process of law and made up a bunch of shit thinking he was a "Russian spy" ... just for simply applying for asylum status, a basic human right.

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2015, 18:15 Task

Also sort of on topic, but if ya'll bluers want to see what the collector's edition looks like I finally received my copy today!

Unboxed Collector's edition (PC)
Thank you note from CD Projekt
This box is huge!

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2015, 15:52 Task

Eh, Mack thought Dark Souls was too hard for him control wise. I've played W2 on the hardest difficulty with a kb/m, easy for me, but difficult for others I guess. Playing so many games over the years on console and PC has helped perhaps learning various control setup/mechanics.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 22, 2015, 20:28 Task

I don't know Cutter, you were semi stoked for POE (and Wasteland2?), until you played them that is...  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews May 22, 2015, 16:10 Task

I have the Coolermaster 212 Evo, which kind of looks like that. Either way, I don't think I'll be going back to those self-contained cpu water coolers after mine just stopped working. A massive heatsink with a decent, quiet fan has worked out way better - for me anyways.  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Trailer; Shadowrun Sale
10. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Trailer; Shadowrun Sale May 22, 2015, 16:07 Task

Slashman wrote on May 22, 2015, 11:03:
Task wrote on May 22, 2015, 09:12:
Yes we have seen the animations. Just use your imagination like when playing pen and paper ;).

I don't do PnP. Never have. I play PC games because they offer the visuals in addition to the other mechanics. If they fall short there, then I could just as well play PnP and forget the PC.

I'm teasing, don't worry about it. So yes, if its an immersion killer for you then not much else can be done. Unless you go into the files, extract the models, and manually add custom animations in a program and all that.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
3. Re: Overwatch Trailer May 22, 2015, 10:05 Task

Has Blizzard decided on how this game will be priced - premium or f2p? If its a premium one shot payment of 30-50, then I might give it a shot. F2P, nada.  

News Comments > GOG.com Adds Freebies
1. Re: GOG.com Adds Freebies May 22, 2015, 09:32 Task

I've been meaning to try that Beneath a Steel Sky game, reminds me of Bladerunner - I'm always surprised by how many games I never heard of during the 90s while browsing GoG.  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Trailer; Shadowrun Sale
7. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Trailer; Shadowrun Sale May 22, 2015, 09:12 Task

Yes we have seen the animations. Just use your imagination like when playing pen and paper ;).  

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
12. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer May 21, 2015, 18:56 Task

Overon wrote on May 21, 2015, 18:15:
I have seen previous videos where the characters models were less muddy, had more detail and so did the backgrounds. What the hell happened?

Do you mean this one? I kind of see what you mean, with the first glimpse its a bit 'sharper' on the edge of the characters.

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
8. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 18:51 Task

The First Person aspect of it reminded me of Dark Messiah. A better explanation about this 'internal analysis' conclusion would be nice :\.  

1428 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo