Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 904 (Graduate)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 23, 2014, 10:27 Task

Better yet do not buy cars that can be remotely accessed. Pre 2000 vehicles. Buy a classic like an Impala, hells yeah.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer
2. Re: Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer Sep 23, 2014, 10:09 Task

F2P is the Gaming Recession Crash of post 2000s.  

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
20. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 22, 2014, 23:54 Task

MajorD wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 19:46:
I don't care Valve, I just want to know WTF Half-Life 3 is.......
Everything else is just fluff!!!

I've given up on HL3. The problem is Mr. Gabben probably has some half finished HL3 code at their offices, but keeps pushing it back trying to re-update the engine every year like what happened with HL2's development that took forever because it was "never good enough." That and Valve's development is completely bonkers, one minute they ROLL their tables into developing fucking hats, the next they ROLL over to the STEAMBOX, and when they get bored with the fucking steambox they go back over the HATS section or DOTA2.

That is the most accurate description of Valve development.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass Includes 2.5D AC Game
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass Includes 2.5D AC Game Sep 22, 2014, 20:44 Task

SHAO JUN! So, like Assassin Creeds 2 and a half, lol?

They might as well stop calling stuff like this "season passes," that's an expansion.

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
5. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 22, 2014, 10:19 Task

There is already a mod for the console version that adds an "fps" perspective. I remember reading about it on clickbait Kotaku and someone in the comment section was screaming over the internet about it (some rant about they shouldn't be allowed to mod game/ruins the experience, blah blah). Much lulz.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 22, 2014, 00:08 Task

Prez wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 21:45:
So I guess Wasteland 3 is going to be in first person like Fallout 3 was? It better have Liam Neeson that's all I know!

Ahahaha, That's a Negative Todd Howard.

Brian Fargo proving Todd wrong with the real Fallout 3, booooya.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 19, 2014, 23:28 Task

some folks fell for traps, but when it comes to throwing some cash to fund a video game, i only paid attention to vet game devs, although there is definitely some very well done indie work from small teams like FTL that turned out amazing, and I'm waiting on Hyper Light Drifter that are more 'simplistic' art style games with reasonable goals for what they want to make.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed Sep 19, 2014, 23:22 Task

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 21:08:
Task wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 20:36:
For those that want to get back into it, check out Classic mode when this hits. It will be THE mode to play, which makes the game more like Battlefield 2 and less arcadey bullshit. No 3D spotting (only mini map spotting), Only can spawn on Squad Leaders, 100% health, No Health Regen, No Vehicle Regen, No Third Person View in vehicles, bullets go by mag reload (so if you reload and still had some bullets in the mag, your guy tosses it thus you lose those bullets).

I read up on classic mode earlier, and it sounds like it'd be great, except for the utterly retarded mag reload. There is no realism or fun to be had with this system, it's just a complete mistake to have in any game. My opinion of course.

It is what it is I guess. Its the same system used in BF2, utilized even more in Project Reality, and of course Arma. I think the no health regen and that mag reload would encourage a squad to have balanced classes (definitely will need a medic, and definitely a support since people will running out of ammo a lot quicker most likely if they are hitting reload to soon)

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
40. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 20:47 Task

DangerDog wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 18:05:
If you never played Elite before then I guess the lack of a linear story mode might seem confusing but you can't say that there's no content in the game worthy of buying because it lacks that kind of structure.

It's not a game that you have a "winning" condition, maybe you could set a goal to become "Elite" but there's no end game cinematic once you achieve that goal.

True this. In open ended games like this, I mainly play them with the goal simply to "live" as long as possible by sticking to some goal of either playing it safe or going "rogue" to see how far I can get without getting caught or vaporized.

That's what I did when I first tried Minecraft on open ended Survival PvP servers. I would gather up supplies without being noticed and trek out into the zones where "anything goes" and make a home inside a mountain.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed Sep 19, 2014, 20:36 Task

For those that want to get back into it, check out Classic mode when this hits. It will be THE mode to play, which makes the game more like Battlefield 2 and less arcadey bullshit. No 3D spotting (only mini map spotting), Only can spawn on Squad Leaders, 100% health, No Health Regen, No Vehicle Regen, No Third Person View in vehicles, bullets go by mag reload (so if you reload and still had some bullets in the mag, your guy tosses it thus you lose those bullets).  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
7. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 19, 2014, 16:19 Task

MajorD wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 12:51:
Decent marketing, let's see if the game is as good......

.... as the game Gearbox and SEGA are getting sued over

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
41. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 16:17 Task

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 15:22:
The 970 is incredible...I find it mind-blowing that many review sites are saying "yeah it's good" or "not bad!"...what are they smoking? 145W TDP with 4GB stock, which is ridiculous, hitting (or exceeding) Titan performance at stock, and it's putting out +14% performance on Fire Strike with a moderate overclock. It's closing in on my 2x760 score and my cards use over double the wattage. As far as I'm concerned it cleans the table and is certainly my #1 suggestion for builds...I wish I had the money, I'd get two of them.

Those are also just reference cards btw. I never get reference cards, normally eVGA gets a hold of these and makes even faster and cooler running.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
3. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 19, 2014, 10:38 Task

That Alien moves pretty fast man. It seems like she runs way too slow, adrenaline would be flowing like crazy for epic run speeds.  

10. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 10:29 Task

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 10:22:
770 vs 970, seeing about a 24% increase on average with a load temp about 15% cooler and wattage nearly the same, slightly more on the 770. For $330 that's pretty good.

The 980 is a even a larger difference. Its faster/cooler than the 780Ti AND cheaper.

1. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 09:49 Task

Sweet. I shall await the eVGA 980 Superclocked w/ACX cooler.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Hotwire Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Battlefield Hardline Hotwire Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer Sep 18, 2014, 22:58 Task

basically a comedic caricature of 'make everything military' AmeriKa like Grant Theft Auto, but not as good. I heard they are arming school cops with SWAT gear these days, maybe that could be the next BF game?

I'll tell ya what is good though, the movie Heat.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Released
6. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Released Sep 18, 2014, 22:53 Task

See, kickstarts do work, you just gotta know who is behind them before plunking your money down. Mr. Weisman is no joke, he is a the guy who created hard-core 80s Battle Tech and plenty of other awesome stuff. I knew his team of vets would turn out something amazing as soon as I heard about Shadowrun Returns when I saw the names of the people actually making it.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 17, 2014, 10:05 Task

Basically the government is the Mafia.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 16, 2014, 21:17 Task

Mobas, zombies, and F2P's are the wave of the future man. The video game crash/recession of post 2008.  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition & Free Update Released
2. Re: Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition & Free Update Released Sep 16, 2014, 21:07 Task

Well its just a battle simulator with rpg mechanics. RTW2 got rid of all the mechanical accuracy of RTW like influencing people in a family tree. Basically this video sums it up for ya which specifically mentions what makes RTW a solid title compared to RTW2.

I can say that most of the bugs are fixed, so it is playable, but the core game lacks a lot.

904 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo