Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2005 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry Primal 101 Trailer
5. Re: Far Cry Primal 101 Trailer Feb 9, 2016, 12:26 Task

Jagacademy wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 11:27:
Is it still true that this game will have no co-op?

http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-primal-wont-support-co-op-play-and-this-is-why/

Playing: Pillars of Eternity, FF10, The Witcher 3
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2016, 10:30 Task

They had some really good retrospective series on older games. Metal Gear Retrospective, Final Fantasy, a whole bunch that get into the lore and story for reach game too. Here's part 1 of the Castlevania retrospective.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
47. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 8, 2016, 09:18 Task

Sounds like XCOM2 is pretty brutal from you what Bluers are saying. I'm almost too scared to try once my physical copy arrives. I imagine though a handful of people will figure out the best strategies even on higher difficulties with Ironman. Over the weekend I was watching some vids from the best EU/EW player that beat the game on the highest difficulty, with ironman, and managed to do it without anyone dying. Some of it can be luck wit hit percentages, but there are definitely best methods to the madness of these games. Personally I think Xenonauts is delightfully more difficult than XCOM EU/EW, being that it is far more like the original XCOM.  

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black Feb 5, 2016, 15:19 Task

Rigs wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 13:36:

Yoda: 'Inform the Senate, we must, of our lessened ability to use the force'

Yarael Poof: 'Who can't use the force now?! *looks to the Jedi next to him* How 'bout you, dogface, can you use the force? Let's put that one to a vote because I don't even know what that means. Does anybody realize that I'm talking?'

=-Rigs-=

SW, definitely relevant:

"The Empire is like America... 10 years from now," George Lucas, May 1973 (oh how right you were Georgie)

"So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause," Padmé Amidala.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
16. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 14:11 Task

"could" meaning others could, but not me. My first campaign (non-iron man) took me 40 hours with plenty of save scumming and overwatching every turn after moving a few squares. I'm still assuming XCOM 2 is artificially shorter with the urgency of the countdoom doom clock thing.  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
13. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 13:33 Task

I'm surprised Total Biscuit already beat a campaign. Is it really short or something? I heard one podcaster say 10-13 hours. I assume it is shorter because there is a countdown mechanic for the campaign.  

News Comments > The Political Machine 2016 Released
1. Re: The Political Machine 2016 Released Feb 5, 2016, 12:37 Task

One of the steam pictures shows the comedy of politicians saying one thing, but meaning another to get votes. The second one that says "Hillary opposes fighting ISIS," would actually mean "Politician X supports funding radicals, the Military Industrial Complex, and illegally destroying/bombing countries - Same as it ever was." "Politician X sheds crocodile tears."  

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Feb 5, 2016, 10:01 Task

nimski wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 09:02:
Does Congress deserve anything less? They're all in good company as far as I'm concerned.

Don't for a moment think that drug companies or health care spending will be reigned in. They'll have there fun little public witch hunt. The public will be whipped up into a lather. They'll have some pictures of him in handcuffs or something, the public vindicated, and the business of screwing Americans will continue unabated.

Truth. Preach it. Congress just sheds crocodile tears over stuff like this. There are only a handful of good people left there that I can count on my hand, like the brave Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard. It's all accelerating towards... something, that's for sure.

News Comments > DOOM in May
7. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 12:01 Task

Sure looks purdy. I'd buy it, but not for that price. At least the collector's actually has a physical item, but they should have made the box more classic looking for nostalgia purposes instead of the not as badass cover they have for it. What I'd like to know is how long the campaign actually is.

Also Brutal Doom is awesome. Most fun I had with an FPS in a while and played it Iron Man-like to see how far I could get without dying.

News Comments > Xenonauts 2 Announced
1. Re: Xenonauts 2 Announced Feb 3, 2016, 18:33 Task

Awesome :-D  

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
13. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin Feb 3, 2016, 09:01 Task

Most fun I had with Need For Speed games were the ones from the 90s (mainly the first one in 94).  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 2, 2016, 11:22 Task

Looks like a sweet game that mini-ITX.  

News Comments > The Witness Motions Sickness Patch
2. Re: The Witness Motions Sickness Patch Feb 1, 2016, 10:43 Task

I wish Tomb Raider 2013 had included a way to disable the camera bob. It is extremely annoying when they add that to games, let alone movies. Keep the camera still, seriously.  

News Comments > Bombshell Drops
11. Re: Bombshell Drops Jan 30, 2016, 08:54 Task

SlimRam wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 00:14:
As I said before, it's right there in the name.

BOMB

Think Hiroshima magnitude.

So in other words, this game is a War Crime.

News Comments > Necropolis in March
4. Re: Necropolis in March Jan 21, 2016, 23:36 Task

Its good their branching for different revenue. It actually looks fun too, like a cartoony Dark Souls.  

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released
15. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released Jan 21, 2016, 10:39 Task

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 10:31:
the atmosphere as a whole is goosebumpy (the random and directed radio chatter alone)

Everytime this happens I panic and zoom out to the quasi satellite- radar. Some of the random radio chatter from the people on your carrier is stuff like "possible enemy contact in (whatever area), can you confirm?" and stuff like that.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released
8. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released Jan 21, 2016, 09:50 Task

I broke down and pre-ordered, which is rare for me these days. HW1/2 for free was too hard to pass up since I haven't played them in over a decade now (so 3 games total), but also because Steam is more lenient with refunds. Anyways, I tried out my purchase last night to see if I'd like it and the Single-Player missions/story are definitely well put together and a lot of fun so far - it definitely has a feel of desperation to it as you guide your desert nomads. It also runs buttery smooth on my PC on Ultra, no FPS drops.

"Normal" difficulty is pretty hard for me, but also keep in mind I am quite honestly a terrible RTS player, haven't touched the original HW in ages which was close to impossible for me, and the only other recent RTS I've played is Starcraft 2. Some of the missions so far have taken me at least an hour to complete. Apparently it has multiplayer, but I probably won't be touching that - Single-Player is where I stay in RTS titles.

I definitely do make fun of Gearbox for some of the crap they've pulled in recent years. ACM and Duke were garbage, but they did make the right business move here by partnering with the original creators instead of shopping out the HW series to someone else. Those games are -2/10, but this one is miles better as a published Gearbox title. I'd give it a higher score than 8/10, but it has only 13 SP missions (I'm half way through). I was able to justify getting it since I got more games then 1, so I guess the choice for others will boil down to if you are really in need of an RTS now or waiting for a price drop or any further expansions.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 20, 2016, 12:06 Task

Seems to, huh. I torrent, you torrent, Obama's wife probably torrents, Putin's adviser seems to torrent. Who cares, everyone does it at least once (or twice).  

News Comments > New Free Sven Co-op Friday
6. Re: New Free Sven Co-op Friday Jan 20, 2016, 08:54 Task

Pretty sure I played some sort of HL co-op beta (of the singleplayer gordon freeman campaign) on Sven years ago. It was possible.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
12. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 08:52 Task

Basically a crazy-Duke Nukem Diablo-like game. I'll be honest - that premise sounds pretty fun.  

2005 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo