Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 1276 (Pro)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 27, 2015, 14:32 Task

I don't know, I wasn't even trying to argue and I thought my point was clear. "History game - k, make look realistic pls," - "Fantasy game - cool don't care, do what you want Dev, hurray midriffs." In other words, siding with the Dev in the article and being obsessed with the Witcher series at the same time.  

Playing: Wasteland 2, FF8, The Witcher 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 27, 2015, 13:55 Task

Not fighting at all is highly inaccurate, in many early European pagan cultures, there were definite examples of women in the ranks of men, likely not a majority however. And when many cultures were being annihilated, everyone was expected to fight, the only other option being to flee with your life.

Other examples: In Feudal Japan, women were expected to know how to defend their households should they come under attack and were often trained either how to use a polearm/lance or a bow (in some rare instances, some became legends like Tomoe Gozen while actually participating in battle rather than just training) and we already know what traditional Samarai armor was like. In Ancient Greece, there are scattered accounts of skilled women using bows alongside men when their cities came under attack. During the Golden Age of Piracy, their were female pirates like the Irish woman Anne Bonny or Mary Read.

Its not common, but it happened. I think that's pretty clear.

7. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 27, 2015, 11:56 Task

For the original part of the topic thing in that article, the female armor, it only makes sense to have 'realistic' armor in realistic games. Like say if you're pitching a game to be "authentic history combat"-whatever game (Kingdom Come), women didn't have boobie plates in ancient history (a glancing blow would be fatal if it caught on the bulges of such armor), they did wear types of armor, same as men depending on the time period. In other games, its up to devs to do what they want, especially if its a Fantasy or a jRPG setting then I don't expect it to be realistic at all.

One differing example is something like The Witcher, which to me is meant to be semi-realistic 13th Century Northern Europe + Fantasy elements (magic, elves, etc.). In the first game, Rayla, whom is also in the books, has fairly realistic armor that a woman might wear in the 13th Century. Toruviel is another example (the Female Elf Commando). Otherwise sorceresses are exactly like their descriptions in the books, showing off their beauty and generally not wearing armor at all and use magic to avoid being fatally hit. Characters like Milva (Maria the archer) in the books just wore light tunics in order not to impede movement.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 27, 2015, 11:16 Task

You forgot the most important crowd fund of the day Blues, if you're into humorous roguelikes that is.

Toe Jam and Earl is back (4 hours to go)

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
3. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 26, 2015, 23:03 Task

Looks pretty fun, that 4+1 dungeon master setup could be fun with a big group of friends.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
24. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 15:34 Task

ASeven wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 14:24:
It's fucking glorious. Beats Wasteland 2 for my favorite RPG of the year, or past year even.

I've been loving Wasteland 2, since its Wasteland, but seeing what Obsidian did with Pillars makes me wish they would be allowed to make a Fallout offshoot, in all its topdown cRPG glory. I don't need no first person. Pillars awaits on my GoG account when I'm ready, in the mean time I'll probably read the lore books I got from the more spendy edition.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Follow-up
2. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Follow-up Mar 26, 2015, 09:07 Task

Perhaps Ea/DICE should stick to greenlighting the bf's that work then, like WW2, Modern, and Crazy Future Space 2142. Next time they do a "cops" theme, it should be Battlefield: Revolution 2020.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 26, 2015, 08:58 Task

What about classic, are there still a lot of those servers? The only mode that I liked.  

News Comments > PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia
18. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 17:49 Task

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:21:
Because MS doesn't give two shits about PC gaming? Because they think we're a bunch of dirty pirates? I mean, look at how poorly Steam is doing.

Shorter answer: MS has its head up its ass.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner from jdreyer! MS has really shat on most of its game franchises for PC. There are/were fans of even Halo PC, but MS doesn't appear to care.

News Comments > PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia
10. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 17:12 Task

I think they realize the f2p market is more popular in Asia, that's all. There were some IP-related games recently made in China that are F2P as well. I read a random comment on another site, from a Russian, saying the company behind it aren't that great anyhow. They are not considered good like Gaijin (War Thunder) or Eagle Dynamics (DCS).  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 25, 2015, 09:00 Task

I have the ps3 version, so either one on the right looks sharper.  

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2015, 23:48 Task

Lol, wow that was pretty good. They included a stuff here and there from the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. And holy smokes was that an ACE Tie Bomber pilot lol, that's how I felt when playing that game.

I wish there was a fully voices Thrawn Trilogy and X-Wing/Wraith series like that either acted, CGI, or animated/drawn.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2015, 17:36 Task

There are some first impressions floating around for Pillars:

Kotaku - We're really digging PoE (article)

MMORPG POE First Impressions (Youtube)

Thekillerbits POE first impressions (Youtube)

some takeaways:

- no crashing, yeeeh (fairly bug free apparently)
- excellent writing
- can be rather difficult on normal
- has a very classic, throwback feel for those familiar with Baldur's Gate, Torment, Icewind Dale, etc.

News Comments > Twitch Breach
8. Re: Twitch Breach Mar 24, 2015, 09:12 Task

For a random generator, there is this https://identitysafe.norton.com/password-generator/

Otherwise I use the two random, unrelated words approach, which I think is safer. (ex "HORSEchairs1@")

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
9. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 10:39 Task

Can't freakin' wait for the adventure of Geralt and friends. I'm almost done with the last book that was translated, Baptism of Fire.  

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
14. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 20, 2015, 13:49 Task

I like how this looks like Dragon Age, but top down with D&D/Baldur elements. And that's awesome.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 20, 2015, 09:51 Task

Smells like...its a Trap.  

News Comments > More LucasArts Games on GOG.com
13. Re: More LucasArts Games on GOG.com Mar 19, 2015, 20:48 Task

nin wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 19:38:

They are, and it's why they're a good fit for all things Star Wars. Now where's my long rumored Original Trilogy?

Hmm, I wouldn't count on getting a good quality edition of the Orig Trig. However, there is a freelancer project that splices together the Orig with good quality corrections. It just requires a download, and a burner, to make a disc playable on Bluray.

News Comments > More LucasArts Games on GOG.com
3. Re: More LucasArts Games on GOG.com Mar 19, 2015, 13:24 Task

Shadows of the Empire, give me.  

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
1. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 18, 2015, 19:43 Task

Wow, that sucks. Space Hulk: Ascension is a damn good game.  

1276 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo