Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 825 (Graduate)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > 4A Games Lands in Malta
1. Re: 4A Games Lands in Malta Aug 20, 2014, 18:09 Task

Better they get out so good for them, the Hryvnia is going to crash soon anyways, which might be the main reason they are leaving and the IMF is demanding austerity measures there (cost of living will go up immensely making poor people poorer).

No way I would live in a country that openly allows nazi parties into the government or pay taxes to it. A lot of south and western Ukraines are protesting too and refusing their drafts, so good for them for calling out Kiev's criminal, lying bs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 20, 2014, 15:40 Task

I hope for a Warcraft 4 RTS or some single player Warcraft game, before any WoW sequel is considered.  

News Comments > Metro 2033/Redux Comparison
15. Re: Metro 2033/Redux Comparison Aug 20, 2014, 15:37 Task

Here are the full details, including the extra game modes for both games:

Metro 2033 Redux, Metro 2033 has been rebuilt using the newest version of the powerful 4A Engine, last seen in action in Metro: Last Light. That means advanced lighting, dynamic weather, higher detail for characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction, and improved smoke, fire, and particle effect.

Metro: Last Light Redux has also received a upgrade, including new melee animations and the fan-requested ‘Check Watch’ and ‘Check Inventory’ features. All previously released Metro: Last Light DLC will be included in this Redux version.

New Modes: Both Redux versions will now feature two modes of play: ‘Survival’ and ‘Spartan’. Survival lets you play either game in Metro 2033's more survival-horror oriented style, with deadlier enemies, slower reloading, and more limited resources. Spartan lets you play either game in the Last Light style, with more polished combat and more plentiful resources.

Ranger Mode is included for free in both Redux versions, and can be combined with Survival or Spartan modes, leading to a total of four modes of play for each game.

News Comments > Metro 2033/Redux Comparison
3. Re: Metro 2033/Redux Comparison Aug 20, 2014, 10:40 Task

The point of the redux is that they changed the second game to have more of the horror/survival feel of metro2033 with a new "survival mode", instead of run and gun/easy time mode. The 'graphics' are just extra icing.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 20, 2014, 10:23 Task

I hope they are still working on VR after Alien is released. I need nightmare fuel.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2014, 20:01 Task

That's nice, they'll just move their servers elsewhere and people will keep using seedboxes and the darknet. Nice try though. Judges overstepping their bounds, hmm what else is new.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delay Confirmed
5. Re: Wasteland 2 Delay Confirmed Aug 19, 2014, 19:55 Task

I have too many games I am trying to finish, either way my boxed copy will arrive at some point.

Again not a big deal - My guess is they are very self aware that Wasteland 2 and then Torment are two of their major game releases in over a decade and probably want to get it right.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 16, 2014, 11:12 Task

Gordon Cooper said otherwise. Nice try NSA.  

News Comments > Total War: Rome 2 Free & Paid DLC Today
4. Re: Total War: Rome 2 Free & Paid DLC Today Aug 15, 2014, 15:16 Task

The game is missing a soul. Right now its a just a casual battle simulator.

The only way the game can be "fixed" in that sense is to add back the soul of the TW series.

Empire:TW was flawed, so they fixed it up and released Napoleon:TW instead. That's what needs to happen with Rome 2:TW, fix it up and release a stand a lone expansion, call it Barbarian Invasion 2 or whatever.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Steam Early Access
5. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Steam Early Access Aug 15, 2014, 13:30 Task

Clod was a joke at the start yes, but at least the modders fixed it (its pretty awesome now), so its not a complete loss.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Steam Early Access
3. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Steam Early Access Aug 15, 2014, 10:21 Task

Its doing fine. They are simply marketing it steams early access as well.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
24. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 16:39 Task

Since this is the last witcher game, perhaps they could make some serious bucks by making a complete Trilogy HD pack.

As in, completely Redo (graphics/fix bugs/whatevs) Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 on that latest Witcher 3 engine, but keep in the mechanics, gameplay (with the gameplay they could add an "enhanced" optional mode that perhaps mimic combat of the latest one), all of that of those originals. so they play as they "were" just all spiffed up with the latest fanciness of the new one.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 14:55 Task

Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:39:

The illusion of freedom is really important in most RPGs. When you strip down a JRPG to its barest form there isn't much there, that's why you can't make a game like that. People want the towns, dumb conversations with no-name NPCs, side quests and strategy guide fodder. That shit fills out the world, makes it more convincing. I remember reading that the producer on XIII wanted to make it a more "Call of Duty" experience and suddenly the quality

Has anyone here played Ni No Kuni? The world is all open and what not, but the progression and 'extra stuff' are well placed/paced I think. Its a bit like a FF JRPG meets Zelda style progression.

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
6. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 10:40 Task

Alamar wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:36:
Task wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:32:
The cinematics are unfortunately nothing like the game. Just click and watch your guy hack away at clicked thing.

You would be what is referred to as a baddie... : )

Good, WoW was a waste of my time back in the day. Therefore, I can only win by not playing it. Give me a friggin' Warcraft RTS or single-player game instead of garbage hack n slash warcraft mmo's.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 10:36 Task

I think the new torch bearers should be forced to play through old FF games. FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, and Chrono Trigger. And I'll be like that dude in Event Horizon, DO YOU SEE, DO YOU SEEE!  

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
3. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 10:32 Task

The cinematics are unfortunately nothing like the game. Just click and watch your guy hack away at clicked thing.  

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain PC Plans
6. Re: Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain PC Plans Aug 13, 2014, 19:15 Task

Unfortunately the PC version of MGS is rare to find (new anyways), usually over a 100 bucks. I've had my eye on this legacy collection instead, since I have a PS3. Might as well get the whole collection.  

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain PC Plans
4. Re: Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain PC Plans Aug 13, 2014, 17:01 Task

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 14:52:
I still haven't played Guns of the Patriots.

I still haven't even played the MGS that came out on PS1.

News Comments > The Evil Within Season Pass Details
5. Re: The Evil Within Season Pass Details Aug 13, 2014, 16:58 Task

When did we go from actual expansions for Triple A games of the past in favor of this marketing name gimmick known as "Season Pass."  

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
16. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 10:55 Task

This better not be episodic "f2p" - the ultimate EA test.  

825 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo