Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 14:11 Drayth

Bludd wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 14:02:
Is there a season pass or something? This isn't the only DLC that's coming, right?

I was actually seriously wondering where the DLC announcements were. There was no major day 1 DLC, and we'd usually be aware of 2 more on the way by now.

I'm SURE there'll be more, but I don't think Bioware does season passes..?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam
19. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 12:46 Drayth

Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 11:19:
Drayth wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 09:41:
Hey Joe, you wanna play a zombie game?

LOL! Great Dying Light review.

I feel like re quoting that every time there's a new zombie game news article here, but I think I'll keep myself limited to this one time...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Lore Book
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Lore Book Mar 24, 2015, 10:46 Drayth

deadearth wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:24:
Looks like there is a skyrim focused book as well: Here

The fact that it specifically has "Skyrim" in the title makes me wary... Is this a general Elder Scrolls lore book, or is it about the 5'th game's world? It kinda makes it seem like Skyrim is happening in a different parallel universe than the other games. I'm not interested in Skyrim, I am however really interested in Elder Scrolls.

My point being, as far as I can tell ESO's lore is as much a part of the overall lore as the rest of the series. The only thing that stands out is it happens in the earliest time period. One of the praises I generally hear about ESO is how rich in the ES's lore it delves.

I've learned way more about the various races by playing it than any of the other games.

News Comments > H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam
4. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 09:41 Drayth

Hey Joe, you wanna play a zombie game?  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 15:21 Drayth

'You patch like a pregnant yak.'  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
9. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 14:20 Drayth

Verno wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 14:01:
Yeah I'm not sure whats going on with that, they said these improvements were coming but I don't follow the beta patch stuff much. Anyone have any clue if we're ever getting these? I've been putting off a replay until they're done with the PC improvements.

Patch 5 added auto attack. I noticed too I was able to walk near pickups and use the interact key to get them. I had thought it was only doable by mouse clicking directly on the object in the past (while nearly standing on top of it), but maybe I just never thought try it that way before. I've been holding off on a real play through till the game's patched up.

Mouselook is in too... so there's a bunch of improvements over the last two patches. And the item pickup thing is not much different than Mass Effect at this point.

News Comments > Arma 3 Marksmen Aims for Next Month
7. Re: Arma 3 Marksmen Aims for Next Month Mar 19, 2015, 17:39 Drayth

I only use ArmA 2 to occasionally go back and play a little more of the OpFlash Cold War campaign mod.

ArmA 3 is a huge improvement, but it's still a beast of a game to run.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
59. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 18, 2015, 11:47 Drayth

Definitely snagging that full immersion mod.

I installed via original discs last night to get a "head start" on the rest of the downloading... and yeah, had to download about 35 gigs more. Didn't look at the finished size of the install, some of that has to be overwrites of existing data.

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
25. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 11:07 Drayth

Each HL has had some paradigm shift in game development. HL1 - skeletal animation, HL2 - physics.. so maybe they figure 3 needs to live up to that. If that's the case I would think VR to be the key element.

...it's either that or full immersion developed by Gabe's uploaded neural net brain.

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
14. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 10:14 Drayth

I thought they were still working on Ricochet II, wth??

Edit: lol
|
V

41. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 16:20 Drayth

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 16:03:
Second,

I had one answer about Elder scrolls online end game content, it didn't make much sense but can someone elaborate more?

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/game-guide/adventure-zones/craglorn

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
22. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 15:55 Drayth

I'm definitely interested in this game. Too bad I kind of forgot about it till just now with this posting and missed out on a boxed copy.

The higher tier versions of the game aren't really grabbing me, so I think I'll just go in for the base game package. The miniature giant space pig has my attention though.

I guess there's a giant miniature space farm out there somewhere with a couple critters missing...

35. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 15:41 Drayth

Cool, I plan to start playing again.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
19. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 15:16 Drayth

Wolfox wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 15:10:
I'll call mine "Goo" and yell "Go for the eyes, Goo! Go for the eyes!!!"

That'll do, Goo.. that'll boo- err, do.

25. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 14:26 Drayth

I think there's a difference in opinion about ToR's f2p system because depending on how you supported the game pre-f2p you got handed a different amount of cartel coins. I got an f'ing butt-load of coins when the system went f2p and was able to buy back most of just about everything they took away. And I'm talking the account purchases, not the single character ones.

If you come into the game with little or no cartel coins you're going to see a ton of shit you need to buy, and some of it seems ridiculous. Action bars?

You DO have to spend money on ToR to get a decent game going, but the system at least lets you check things out more than just a little at first.

ESO is def the better MMO between the two in the end. They listen to the community, and some serious work went into the questing to make it have the feeling of depth from a SP experience but still be an MMO. However, this lead to crap mechanics like the phasing issue everyone loathes (sounds like that's been improved though).

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
31. Re: removed Mar 16, 2015, 15:56 Drayth

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 15:23:
Another Star Citizen thread another meltdown. The internet will implode when this game ships

At least, hookers and blow should get cheaper at that point.

..if there's any left.

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
68. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 14:38 Drayth

Just file me under optimistic. I understand the skepticism, the whole ship sale thing I just kind of shake my head at. I'd much rather see people get to buying those ships over time as they play, rather than see some people piloting death stars right from the start because they sold their house (and possibly kids).

But nothing I've seen outside of that tells me this game is destined to be horrible. All the pushing the edge of what can be done in a PC game is the exact sort of thing I've been wanting to see done ever since consoles took over. All the features that have been added just sound like stuff he was probably pondering before he realized how insanely popular this project was going to be. Now he can deliver more upfront.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 2015, 14:46.

65. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 13:57 Drayth

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 13:14:
Stop lying. You are not *consistently* getting 60fps, especially not on a SLI setup which has a history of being extremely poorly supported by this dev team. SLI in SC is broken as fuck and you are getting between 30fps and 60fps depending on where you are, what you're doing and what is going on in the game at the time.

That's not a lie. I got smooth frame rates in the hangar and in A.C. at his same resolution with SLI 980's. Whether it was pegged at 60fps the whole time I don't know, but I never noticed any massive dips.

48. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 12:52 Drayth

Jivaro wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 12:34:
Can tomorrow's headline be "Star Citizen expected to include voice acting from the cast of Glee"? I think that comment thread would be awesome.

April 1'st is right around the corner...

And yeah, after installing SC this weekend after a long break since last time, I'm not surprised at all by this news considering how large that d/l already is. As far as I'm concerned he's just carrying on his tradition. I used to joke that the WC2 box should just have a hard drive in it.

And just to show it's not a fluke, I could get 60fps in SLI at the same rez as theyarecomingforyou (HP zr30w tacfy?)

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
62. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 16:10 Drayth

There's not enough popcorn in the world for this thread.  

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo