Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 535 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 12:27 Drayth

Darks wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:18:

I personally happen to like the game a lot. Playing as a Dark elf starts you in the Desert story line. Then you make your way to Draggerfall. I just love that city, and the story line there. Itís been a fun so far for me.

Yeah, I've been enjoying the beta too. I like their focus on immersive elements (for an MMO, at least). The PVP is looking awesome as well, but I didn't get to try it out yet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
7. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 09:36 Drayth

Played through the full game with keyboard / mouse and didn't notice any real issues. Played it on whatever version it's currently at.

edit - Yes, it's not the developer of the first two games.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released
23. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 11:37 Drayth

According to Rage3D there's a twitter post stating the beta driver will arrive tomorrow (Friday).  

20. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 11:32 Drayth

Mantle runs on the consoles too (since they're AMD chips). It's supposed to help with cross platform development. When / where it will show up on console games, I have no idea. I imagine Thief will use it..?

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 10:51 Drayth

There was no mention that cross platform was going to be implemented for BF4.. just that Mantle itself is not limited specifically to AMD. It may be though that NVIDIA would have to develop their hardware with Mantle in mind in order for it to work.

Knowing Nvidia though, instead of utilizing it they'll make their own NVIDIA specific solution called G-Antle or something.

News Comments > ESO Imperial Edition Outed
3. Re: ESO Imperial Edition Outed Jan 29, 2014, 11:12 Drayth

How is that pay to win? It's not like Imperials come with a machine gun or something.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
46. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 08:08 Drayth

Edit-Actually, nm... I need to research this Rift a bit more.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
42. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 07:09 Drayth

Doesn't the Oculus rift use a separate screen for each eye? Most (if not all) head mounted displays work that way. If so each eye sees exactly that, and thus most vr headsets are 60hz screens.

It's only on monitors or TV's using active shutter glasses where it's presenting two images on the same screen that each eye sees half the total refresh rate.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Support
11. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 20, 2013, 12:36 Drayth

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 12:21:
Drayth wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 12:19:
There's a bobble head toy on the cockpit. o.0
Yep, you didn't notice that before?

This is the first in game footage I've seen. Have only seen this and the cinematic video with the two capital ships.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Support
6. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 20, 2013, 12:19 Drayth

There's a bobble head toy on the cockpit. o.0  

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Details?
8. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Details? Dec 12, 2013, 01:14 Drayth

Mention of Buddy Holly in a post apocalyptic setting made me think of Six String Samurai  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
127. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 19, 2013, 12:32 Drayth

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 02:27:
Btw, there are some really fucking awesome things happening in the game.

I haven't played much at all (waiting for it to get patched up), but I started a free play just to check it out before bed, and that same Xenon capital ship was spawned right at the beginning.

I sat for 20 minutes watching it waste all the transport ships in the area (except the ones that kept their distance). Eventually the station itself took it out, and watching the ship explode left my jaw on the floor. It doesn't just blow up, it's a freaking pyrotechnic display.

This game has massive potential.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
20. Re: First depressions Nov 15, 2013, 11:29 Drayth

I think CPU is important in this one, I was getting good frame rates with all the visual sliders cranked to 100, 4x FSAA, etc. and I don't think the game even has an SLI profile yet, so I was probably running off one card (had to jam off to work, so couldn't verify much). CPU's a 6 core intel.

Also for anyone having a crash right when trying to start the game, you have to set your sound quality in Windows to DVD quality -_- Forums said this was mostly RealTek people having this problem, but I have a Creative ZxR.

...yeah, patch and stuff.

News Comments > Arma 3 Campaign Release
5. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Release Oct 31, 2013, 21:33 Drayth

Yeah, I'm enjoying it so far.  

News Comments > New WHQL GeForce Drivers
22. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 19:17 Drayth

The remove old driver option that people are referring to does a "clean uninstall" of the old drivers. Meaning it does what Driver Cleaner used to do and removes all traces of the old driver (and of the other related components).

This is why you also loose all your custom settings.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 17:19 Drayth

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:46:
Drayth wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:42:
Is the Missing Link now integrated directly into the progression of the main game?

It is, but someone was saying it's a bit wonky the way (according to them) you lose your points at the start of Link (like before) but then you go back to your old tree/points once the DLC is over...if that makes sense.

Does. Guess they considered it had to be done for game balance instead of re-tuning the level. Wonky, but forgiveable.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:42 Drayth

Is the Missing Link now integrated directly into the progression of the main game?  

News Comments > NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver
17. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 18:53 Drayth

They might be poking fun at the fact that the new AMD 290X has an unlocked overclocking mode that they decided to call "Uber Mode".  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Oct 19, 2013, 22:47 Drayth

S.M.A. sure has an odd reaction to Infinite. For one: I don't remember the two characters showing any "interest" in each other. You could tell they had some sort of ambiguous connection with each other, but then that makes total sense by the end of the game.

And wth? They didn't over sexualize her. She did happen to be cute, but geeze, I guess I better hate all Hollywood movies. There's a moderately spicy outfit change well into the game, but that's a visual representation of her change in psyche that's happening every time a certain event occurs.

Not going to go into the details there. The story has a lot of subtle elements. The more you think about the different principals involved the more you get out of it.

For me Infinite's story put the series into the same league as Half-Life, and the graphics had a very Valve'ish quality to them as well.

I will say the game mechanics were merely decent. The different combination of enemies were pretty fun to fight, and the game never felt boring.

Also I unlocked 1999 mode right away (google it) and played through on that. I *highly* recommend playing it that way.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
62. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 18:05 Drayth

Ricochet: Source  

535 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo