Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 785 (Graduate)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
52. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 20:20 Drayth

Give Derek credit, he's been completely cool, collected and civil through out all of this. Not at all obsessive.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Oct 8, 2015, 22:59 Drayth

It's like the good ol' days are back out of nowhere.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 7, 2015, 13:25 Drayth

They always have these linked at the bottom of the download page if you're ever curious as to what's been added..

Release notes

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
135. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 17:19 Drayth

In other news - The world is running out of popcorn, officials say.

"Everyone done eat it." - Someone Popcorn Important

News Comments > Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources
9. Re: Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources Oct 2, 2015, 20:09 Drayth

About 6 more and we can fill the entire Popular Threads section.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
108. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 10:45 Drayth

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 10:34:
I'm sorry, which games released in those days exactly had better games/"video" than Wing Commander? Because it was basically the best looking game that had ever been made at that point for the PC.

He mentions quality of video too, so maybe he's referring to WC III or IV? Otherwise, yeah - WC and WC II were the equivalent of Quake or Crysis in terms of top graphics for their times.

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Beta
1. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta Oct 2, 2015, 10:35 Drayth

I was reading that there was a serious memory leak issue when resizing windows on the desktop, these probably have the fix.

Interesting rumor.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
176. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 16:20 Drayth

Base price is actually $350, and yeah I didn't like the way this was reported either. Even $350 is a lot of money thrown to the wind, but the article reads like $900 is what this ship is set at.  

News Comments > Stanley Parable Follow-up The Beginner's Guide Tomorrow
1. Re: Stanley Parable Follow-up The Beginner's Guide Tomorrow Sep 30, 2015, 09:57 Drayth

It was recommended to me that it would be best to get The Stanley Parable without looking up anything about it. No regrets there.

As long as I hear this new one's at least good I think I'll attempt the same.

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
117. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 28, 2015, 14:45 Drayth

Indeed.

What does god need with a starship (sale)?

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
115. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 28, 2015, 14:17 Drayth

dsmart wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 12:43:
Not sure how my posting that sale is about to happen, and it relates to RAISING FUNDS has anything to do with WHEN it was announced.

"As it stands, credible sources tell me that they are going to run out of money at their current sales/burn by Q1/16, assuming they get some spikes from the upcoming sales and anniversary sale in November.

Which explains the Endeavor ship sale that went live in the past 24hrs."

That does come across as you stating the ship's sale is a reflexive move due to an immediate need for more money. Just sayin'

News Comments > Op Ed
100. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2015, 18:20 Drayth

I just find that quote interesting because it illustrates that CR has created a full fledged micro market for these ships. I'm assuming this is a really large ship based on the forum reactions, and thus this *genuinely* feels like a good deal for those within this market. That's fascinating (to me, at least) for something that's been going on this long. Early game announcement hype, lets-throw-out-some-exclusive-goodies phase is way past it's time.

I'm probably late to the party on this train of thought. I wasn't really keeping close tabs on SC till Derek showed up. Before that I just figured it was a really ambitious game that's going to take forever to make that drove everyone here bat-shit crazy whenever there was news (so I skipped past reading a lot of comment sections). And for some reason I thought the ship sales had almost stopped. Probably because I was lumping them in with the stretch goals which *have* stopped (I think?).

I still don't know what to make of SC, if it can actually be completed it'll be one of the best looking games ever if nothing else. It wouldn't be the first game to have a jacked up development, but reading that forum thread's rather sobering.

News Comments > Op Ed
97. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2015, 17:38 Drayth

My favorite's, I have no problem spending money. I just do not like the feeling of getting ripped off. This feels like a good value.

It reads like a forum full of lottery winners.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Revealed?
2. Re: New Wolfenstein Revealed? Sep 23, 2015, 10:23 Drayth

Not trying to be picky, it's just something I was kind of appreciative of (and adds to the hilarity of the dream sequences); Machine Gun's Wolfenstein isn't a reboot, it's actually a direct sequel to the series.  

News Comments > System Shock Enhanced Edition on GOG.com
11. Re: System Shock Enhanced Edition on GOG.com Sep 22, 2015, 13:58 Drayth

Darks wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 13:13:
nin wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 10:28:
Guess I should finally check this out. Never played it, but remember walking past that box art in the store...

Well if you do then make sure you grab all of the Texture Packs for this. You defiantly don't want to play it without those.

Scroll down the page on this one to and hover your mouse over the screenshots to see the visual difference.

http://www.saleck.net/creations/gamefixguides/systemshock2mods.php

There are links on this page to go and grab the new textures.

Aren't those all System Shock *2* mods? For anyone who's going to play this then SS2 though, yes.. current mods can enhance SS2 greatly, that page seems to have all the essential ones.

News Comments > NVIDIA Killing Floor 2 Drivers
3. Re: NVIDIA Killing Floor 2 Drivers Sep 22, 2015, 11:06 Drayth

My first reaction to reading the headline was, 'What's a floor 2 driver?'.

Obviously I need more coffee.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November
8. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November Sep 14, 2015, 12:55 Drayth

Yeah, if you enjoyed the main campaign of SC II I would still recommend checking out HotS's.

I liked it better personally; the little mini-missions for choosing different strains of Zerg was pretty cool, and the main missions felt more fleshed out compared to the "This is the [this unit] mission.". Though they were still doing that mission structure to an extent, they felt more challenging and the battles, on average, felt like they were more of a full on fight instead of seeing how much you can mine before the next wave of lava fills up the low ground.

News Comments > Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video
27. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 5, 2015, 17:37 Drayth

Task wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 14:05:
Meanwhile, audio/visual test of LOD by Jim Sterling ;).

ty

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans
2. Re: X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans Sep 2, 2015, 17:42 Drayth

X: If you Squint Real Hard you can Pretend it's Star Citizen  

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
11. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 10:27 Drayth

This so people won't be able to physically see the low server pop if the game doesn't do well?  

785 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo