Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 785 (Graduate)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2015, 16:58 Drayth

Cabin in the Woods is awesome. Almost like a modern day Evil Dead 2 (sorta).  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Footage?
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Footage? Oct 21, 2015, 14:46 Drayth

One youtuber was talking about how the current vehicle pickup system keeps the battle flowing fluidly as opposed to players standing around spawn points waiting for a vehicle to spawn. I have to agree that it's a good thing for this game's case.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2015, 12:38 Drayth

You're just a Cutter above the rest, I guess.

For the rest of us (who have souls) happy 10/21/15.

Check your emails too if you signed up for the Doom alpha. Got my "You're in!" email today for playing over the weekend.

60. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 22:04 Drayth

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 20:33:
I saw the movie in the theater years ago and HATED the gay Hutt. He does not fit at all. (The only English speaking Hutt? Great.)

Yeah there's some blunders in the 1'st and 2'nd season (the movie was intended to be a normal set of episodes originally). That guy being the worst. He shows up again briefly later, but it's not nearly as bad. There's a somewhat cheesy villain in a small run of episodes early in the series, and a Jar Jar episode here and there (he's not quite as bad as Ep1 though). You do get a lot of General Grievous early on at least.

CW's very much reaches being as good as Rebels.. some parts are way better, but only because Rebels is still a young show.

54. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 19:17 Drayth

Pigeon wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 18:53:
Everything being completely out of order turned me off the series when I tried watching it on Netflix. Maybe I'll try to pick up again and do things in a manner that makes sense.

It's well worth it. Just know that there's always a bunch of ok episodes near the beginning of every season (and those tend to be the ones most out of order), then the last 2/3'rds are huge improvements. This is true all the way through the show, unfortunately. But the good episodes.... 3'rd, 4'th and 5'th seasons are just awesome, and not for kids (at one point a clone trooper gets cut in half by a horizontal security door slamming shut while he's climbing up). 1 and 2 have their moments too, but they really caught their stride in 3'rd.

Also note their rendering gets better every season, and that too catches it's stride in 3'rd. They start matching the cinematography of the space fight scenes with the movies around there.

Rebels has it nailed, but there's a lot of tie-in's with CW's, so I would advise watching CW's before ever starting Rebels if you're up for it all.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2015, 17:00 Drayth

Ecthelion wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 16:37:
I wonder if Rebels will feature any of the Interdictor cruisers from the SW games (and the novels IIRC)? So far the idea of a ship able to block hyperdrive has been missing from on-screen canon, and it makes it pretty easy for ships to jump blockades and such.

They actually showed exactly that in the S2 trailer. The one they showed looked straight out of the X-Wing and Tie Fighter series.

Also, CW's seasons 1-3 are almost *completely* out of order. Check out how it all starts, a 3'rd season episode, then a 2'nd, then the movie, then more 3'rd, etc.... They start to settle down from there.

29. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Oct 20, 2015, 13:52 Drayth

Ecthelion wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 13:05:
Stuff I agree with...

Pretty much same boat for me.. I started watching CW's after it finished. A few episodes in and I bought a season 1-5 blu ray set and watched them based on the chronological order list on sw.com. I don't know why Lucas + tv ='s anthology, he did the same with Indiana Jones chronicles... though, thinking about it, having to suffer through all the little kid episodes of that show would have been rough. The later years ones with the WW I stuff were amazing.

Anyways, I finished season 5 on a Saturday and the "Lost Missions" semi-season 6 disc was on it's way still, but I was like "F it" and resubbed to Netflix to watch it there that night.

I prefer watching via box sets for the better video / audio quality and having all the episodes to binge off of.

And yeah, saw the early season 2 long episode. Loved it.

I also love that both shows keep continuity with even the video games. There was some KotoR stuff, and the Trandoshan weapons they've shown look *exactly* like they did in Republic Commandos.

16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Oct 20, 2015, 12:11 Drayth

Ecthelion wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 12:05:
Check out Star Wars Rebels.

Already watched first season. I'm on board with this animated series stuff after seeing what they pulled off with CW's. First 3'rd of all the seasons start off with lighter, just ok stuff then get really interesting (and dark in CW's case from S3 on) for the rest.

13. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Oct 20, 2015, 11:56 Drayth

I believe they were starting to get in to how the Clone's strain was starting to decay or something in the latter part of The Clone Wars (explaining why they stopped using clones). I don't remember too clearly because I basically marathoned the last two seasons of that show in one day in a delirious, unplanned addictive need to keep watching. Never expected that show to get that good.  

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
17. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 11:53 Drayth

I also like to keep things lean, so not a big fan of this. But as for AMD as an alternative, I would honestly be worried about how many more years of driver support any given card sold today will receive. At the least, hold off till Zen ships and see if it does well.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
148. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 16, 2015, 00:12 Drayth

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 22:15:
PS - CIG has uploaded an enhanced version of the CitizenCon presentation at 60fps, which I highly recommend people check out. I tried watching the previous version from the stream but that was very poor quality.

Yes, far better image quality on top of the extra fps. Thanks!

News Comments > Arma 3 Expansion and Update Plans
5. Re: Arma 3 Expansion and Update Plans Oct 15, 2015, 16:53 Drayth

May the ArmA games never die. They've been a pretty much perma-install on my system since OpFlash.  

136. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 15, 2015, 16:18 Drayth

Don't forget Derek's claims that BC3K (the original) used a neural net AI system. I remember reading that in PC Gamer when I was super psyched for the game's release (and assumed PC Gamer knew what they were printing).  

News Comments > DOOM Closed Alpha Details
3. Re: DOOM Closed Alpha Details Oct 15, 2015, 14:29 Drayth

Most people here (me included) probably pre-ordered Wolfenstein over Steam. With steam purchases there's no beta key, you register using your steam account for the Doom stuff.  

49. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 13:33 Drayth

"There's a new Incoming Transmission on Vimeo from Gary Oldman to celebrate the news,"

+ 2 mil

News Comments > Deus Ex: Revision Released
7. Re: Deus Ex: Revision Released Oct 14, 2015, 09:38 Drayth

Nothing can defeat Street Hawk!  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day
40. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 19:46 Drayth

This thread was pretty boring till Slick got here.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 13:38 Drayth

Love the graphics. I'm not in to buying full priced MP only games though, but I just need remind myself the next Mass Effect will be using this engine and it's all good again. I'll wait.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
145. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 13:28 Drayth

edit - overly caffeinated post

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2015, 15:22.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
56. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 20:41 Drayth

Nucas wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 20:31:
holy fuck is he crazy. i've been tangentially following this and i wasn't aware he was this obsessed with tearing star citizen down. he probably made time in his schedule for this (pushed back eating cereal in his boxers)

I was reading somewhere how he had gotten into a tumble with Jim Sterling at one point. Figured that would be entertaining, so I was doing a quick google for that when I found his twitter link.. that's one single stream of tweets. There's like 20% above AND below that before anyone gets a reply in in-between the tirade.

785 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo