Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 500 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 17:19 Drayth

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:46:
Drayth wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:42:
Is the Missing Link now integrated directly into the progression of the main game?

It is, but someone was saying it's a bit wonky the way (according to them) you lose your points at the start of Link (like before) but then you go back to your old tree/points once the DLC is over...if that makes sense.

Does. Guess they considered it had to be done for game balance instead of re-tuning the level. Wonky, but forgiveable.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:42 Drayth

Is the Missing Link now integrated directly into the progression of the main game?  

News Comments > NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver
17. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 18:53 Drayth

They might be poking fun at the fact that the new AMD 290X has an unlocked overclocking mode that they decided to call "Uber Mode".  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Oct 19, 2013, 22:47 Drayth

S.M.A. sure has an odd reaction to Infinite. For one: I don't remember the two characters showing any "interest" in each other. You could tell they had some sort of ambiguous connection with each other, but then that makes total sense by the end of the game.

And wth? They didn't over sexualize her. She did happen to be cute, but geeze, I guess I better hate all Hollywood movies. There's a moderately spicy outfit change well into the game, but that's a visual representation of her change in psyche that's happening every time a certain event occurs.

Not going to go into the details there. The story has a lot of subtle elements. The more you think about the different principals involved the more you get out of it.

For me Infinite's story put the series into the same league as Half-Life, and the graphics had a very Valve'ish quality to them as well.

I will say the game mechanics were merely decent. The different combination of enemies were pretty fun to fight, and the game never felt boring.

Also I unlocked 1999 mode right away (google it) and played through on that. I *highly* recommend playing it that way.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
62. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 18:05 Drayth

Ricochet: Source  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
43. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 16:46 Drayth

On top of looking symbolic of representing something that involves the first two announcements, O+O looks like a pair of glasses... just sayin'

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Sep 11, 2013, 22:19 Drayth

I'm starting to get back into KMFDM. FLA's been my main choice for that side of the music spectrum for about ten years now. They're more quantity over quality compared to what Trent puts into his music, but as of late the quality of their quantity has been outstanding.

And I'm the same, prefer more electronic'ish stuff. The new NIN's growing on me too. After reading an interview about what his "rules" where for the album this time around I kind of appreciate it more. He set out to be as minimalistic as possible in terms of how much "stuff" he threw into the songs.

I have to pick up this Outlast based on every single person comparing Amnesia A Pretty Hate Machine for all The Pigs all Lined Up to it (not just here).

Seeing NIN in November

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
9. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:52 Drayth

For a half-second I thought it was an ad, and I was trying to figure out where the rest of the article picked up again, haha

Very glad to see the Homeworld series returning.

News Comments > Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure Next Year
3. Re: Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure Next Year Aug 29, 2013, 01:32 Drayth

One more day and this would have been an awesome Throw Back Thursday post..  

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Announced
11. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 22, 2013, 11:45 Drayth

This was shown off as a little project they had thrown together for the OR at the last Eve convention, so I don't see why this wouldn't be in game footage.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Preorders
33. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 19, 2013, 13:32 Drayth

Aren't the later X games mod'able? Anyone try to mod in Co-Op? or is it just not *that* mod'able?

Speaking of - I've noted over the years that it sounds like the devlopers will incorporate some of the better mods into their own patches, but are there any outstanding "must have" mods to look for still?

24. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 19, 2013, 12:11 Drayth

I've actually been sitting on an X bundle I bought a while back and have all the games up till now. After seeing the Rebirth trailer I decided to get into it.. so I'm actually playing the very first X game to just burn through the story.

I'm surprised how into it I am for such an ancient game and asking myself why I didn't take the plunge sooner. I guess it's always been just that.. "Here's a ship, now off you go!" factor that's seemed too daunting. Didn't take long to get the hang of the game though.

And yeah, I didn't expect the economy to be dynamic like it is in this early a game, but the universe is trading goods without my intervening.

I was a little dissapointed to follow a freighter through a jump gate and not see it on the other side, so some things are being spawned on the fly... at least they stay persistant within the sector. Kinda neat to see the Pheonix roaming around that first sector you start in.

Kamikazi Xenon are not fun though (I know they fixed that behaviour in X2).

10. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 19, 2013, 10:26 Drayth

They're using a different pathing system (I'm sure most of us have seen the youtube vid), so I'm hoping that results in better combat.  

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month
17. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 20:34 Drayth

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 17:31:
Troll harder, troll. Try using some common sense - if you have any, which sounds doubtful. Yeah, we'll all be looking forward to the OR version of this in a few years time, sport. Rolleyes

I'd rather have it now personally.

Edit-Cram, there does seem to be a way of retrofitting games to work with OR. I don't know that the limitations of that is though. Like with NVIDIA's 3D Vision someone whipped up a shader editor in their free time that the community uses to fix games with rendering errors in 3D Vision, but that only works for DX9 games due to shaders being compiled in DX 10 / 11.

Plus 3D Vision doesn't work with OpenGL unless the developer uses a quad buffering technique (which ID did with the Doom 3 BFG edition), so 99% of the OpenGL games don't work at all (back in the 90's it was the other way around with NVIDIA drivers).

The first Amnesia was OpenGL, not sure if that's still true or if it matters for OR support.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 13, 2013, 16:33 Drayth

Yeah, the headline pulled me in but the article amounts to, "Burger King to make a hmaburger that costs less than a Big Mac!!!"

....ok..?

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Countdown
7. Re: The Witcher 3 Countdown Aug 13, 2013, 11:18 Drayth

[0:00:00]
BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday
19. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 15:23 Drayth

Yeah, I think using mouse + keyboard in that mission in the past has been part of the problem..

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 14:35 Drayth

RC Helicopter mission in Vice... ungh  

News Comments > X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers
63. Re: X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers Aug 9, 2013, 09:15 Drayth

This game begs to have Oculus Rift support. I was going to mention that earlier, but figure there's no way it wont get it at some point.  

News Comments > X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers
52. Re: X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers Aug 8, 2013, 19:19 Drayth

At 0:35 the console on the ship looks highly cell shaded, but I accept that the game isn't... I'm just sayin'

500 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo