Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 472 (Amateur)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > More Warcraft Film Details
11. Re: More Warcraft Film Details Oct 2, 2009, 14:47 Drayth

Arthas - "And now I take my leave, to join the crew and sail to Northrend!"

-Additional Instances Can Not be Spawned at this Time-

"Oh wow.. this movie's really authentic!" *popcorn munch*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Signups Follow-up
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 1, 2009, 07:33 Drayth

o.0  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 in Preproduction
19. Re: Dead Space 2 in Preproduction Sep 30, 2009, 20:06 Drayth

The original was badace, one of my favorite games from last year. Too bad every time I tried to recommend it to a friend they just gave me a blank stare.

The v sync 'bug' (there's some reports it was intentional) only hit for me if I used the in game v sync. If I left that unticked and used my control panel's v sync everything ran smooth and with no tearing.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Signups Follow-up
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Signups Follow-up Sep 30, 2009, 19:56 Drayth

I took the overly swamped web site as a good impression.

All signed on the dotted line.

Couldn't pull it off at all yesterday, but at least I already had an account. Took a few tries just now.

News Comments > Stardock Boycotting UPS? [Updated]
90. Re: Stardock Boycotting UPS? Sep 28, 2009, 21:26 Drayth

How is UPS pushing ideology by pulling their ads from Fox news because the act of one of their on-air personalities annoys them?

That's somewhat bass ackwords. They are not obligated to pay for his show, if they where not pulling their ads then they are indirectly supporting his views. That's like saying because UPS doesn't run ads during the re-runs of Fantasy Island at 1:00 am they are discriminating against midgets.

Shows loose sponsors all the time, usually when their ratings sink. In this case most likely because a lunatic, who believe he's destined for an eternity of peace in the afterlife no matter what he does in this life, and likes to spout his mouth off and shoot from the hip when he's in his studio till he's called on it out in the real world and suddenly doesn't seem to want to qualify what he says as meaning anything (all from recent interview) has a tv show that should be coming on at 2:00 am just after Fantasy Island instead of prime time.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
8. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Sep 27, 2009, 05:23 Drayth

The 190 drivers have been great in everything but Fallout 3 which is annoying. They'll cause the game to 'hitch' when you look around at certain angles. Like up at the sky then back down, and in places like megaton they'll hitch like mad (I've seen this mentioned on other forums).

Hope they fix that soon. Speaking of which, isn't Bethesda supposed to announce a title in September? I guess that ended up being the GOTY edition :\

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Gold, Demo Delay
23. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Gold, Demo Delay Sep 24, 2009, 18:12 Drayth

All of those things are subjective and not really 'game changers' I have no problem with Arma2 Interface, weapons (there's not enough in Arma2?!?) Vehicles..I read you can fly a what 1 chopper in DR?wow..
Dunno..the setting looks even more bland than Arma2's!

There's things ArmA II definitely does better. No argument there. I wish we could somehow spot weld the two together. ArmA II has more in terms of graphics, weapons / vehicles / etc, even weather... there's no rain in OPFlash 2. :p

..but there's a less is more factor here too as the AI seems to be -way- better. There's a night op mission on youtube where they show off some of the commands. The one I love is there's a command that tells them not to open fire till you do. Plus they just seem to be more efficient at killing and sticking with you.

It feels like a minor miracle every time one of my guys kills an opponent in ArmA II, let alone a vehicle.

Just seems like a lot of the core gameplay elements may have been improved in DR... and six months ago I thought this game was gonna be a complete mess.

If this game's at least solid with what it does have (and sells well), it could pave the way to a really good series.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Gold, Demo Delay
14. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Sep 24, 2009, 15:43 Drayth

And that's definitely a good thing - there's nothing more irritating than travelling half way across a huge map only to immediately die from an enemy you never saw in the far distance. I don't play games to simulate tedious tasks or to irritate me.

Hate to tell you this but there's now three published reviews of the game and they all mention how incredibly hard it is. The PS-3 mag review gave it a 7/10 complaining through the entire review about that very thing. Walking several clicks just to get one shotted, saying something like, "You have to treat every inch of terrain as if it's lethal.".

X-Box mag gave it 8/10

A foreign console / pc mag gave it a very high score.. like a 90 something out of 100.

By the way, all the above about the difficulty is music to my ears.

-edit-
Apparently this is a MP vid..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2aeVIHa8gM&feature=player_embedded

There must be some AI in this though as there's one enemy soldier just standing out in the open early on in the vid... or maybe he was afk.

There's.. ONE THING.. I can.. SAY.. the VOICE.. acting is.. MUCH BETTER.. at 3 o'clock!

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2009, 15:59.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Interview
2. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Interview Sep 21, 2009, 19:30 Drayth

Holy hell, is this guy a politician? YES OR NO?? lol

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer
9. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer Sep 21, 2009, 16:09 Drayth

I also remember reading that through the campaign once a building is destroyed it stays that way in all future missions. So as the campaign continues the place looks more and more "beat up" due to war.

of course.. I'm not exactly seeing any dense urban areas here.

This is really a mixed bag in terms of how I think of this game. At first with all the pre-rendered "gameplay" videos I was thinking this is gonna be utter crap, but there are some things I'm really liking in these latest vids.

It's definitely not as good looking as ArmA II, and the helicopters and animations look really 'stiff', but this could end up more fun then ArmA II.

The close quarter combat looks like it could be much better.. then again I haven't seen a building with more then one floor and three rooms.

Half of me wants to run out and pre-order, the other half wants to wait for the demo.

News Comments > Galaxies to get Zombies
12. Re: Galaxies to get Zombies Sep 13, 2009, 00:32 Drayth

I HATE landspeeders.

WAMPA!

I'll get you up, but if we don't get you to some bacta soon...

I HATE cantinas.

WAMPA!

SHH! I hear a Jar Jar Binks. Flashlights OFF!

WAMPA!

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Interview
6. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Interview Sep 11, 2009, 02:31 Drayth

Crysis  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Co-op Trailer
24. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Co-op Trailer Aug 31, 2009, 04:13 Drayth

/shotgun accidently goes off, downing a helicopter...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 Game Add-On Pack #2
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 Game Add-On Pack #2 Aug 28, 2009, 07:04 Drayth

While you're "waving good-bye" to a shit band like nin you can wave hello to a real band like Metallica.

/facepalm

News Comments > WoW Cataclysm Announced
16. Re: WoW Cataclysm Announced Aug 21, 2009, 17:00 Drayth

-Arthas, "You are my chosen Death Knight..."

-Göbinpwn, "T-time is money-ey, P-Pal."

News Comments > L4D DLC Was Meant to be Pre-E3
8. Re: L4D DLC Was Meant to be Pre-E3 Aug 19, 2009, 21:33 Drayth

You must be new to BluesNews Dagok, welcome. You'll find things have a particular way of working in these parts.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Reassurances
22. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Reassurances Aug 18, 2009, 16:08 Drayth

Skyrim would hold them to their (I'm sure unintentional) tradition of all the E.S. releases going in alphabetical order. *nods sagely*

News Comments > Bethesda: No Current Elder Scrolls 5 Plans, MMO? Maybe
11. Re: Bethesda: No Current Elder Scrolls 5 Plans, MMO? Maybe Aug 15, 2009, 16:37 Drayth

Pfft.. the MMO will be fine once the community gets to work and there's enough mods out for it.

News Comments > Two New WoW Races?
27. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 11, 2009, 18:40 Drayth

/geek

The Mt Dew robot doesn't break any lore from what I can tell since it doesn't do anything like shout out "Refresh your thirst with a tasty Mt Dew!" or anything.

The game has steampunk elements already in place, what's one more robot? In fact it's not much different from the clockwork robot from two Christmas's ago.

News Comments > Two New WoW Races?
9. Re: Two New WoW Races? Aug 10, 2009, 17:21 Drayth

Could you imagine a goblin death knight..??

Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy.. tomorrow's another day, eh?!

472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo