Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 500 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced
15. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced Dec 21, 2009, 19:56 Drayth

Seeing as I've mainly seen you attack anyone who even mildly suggests that they enjoy ArmA (OMG FANBOYZ) I figured you didn't even play it more then a few hours.

ArmA I was released in a horrible state, especially if you grabbed it before it hit the US publishers, but it's been stable for quite a while now. I played it to death about a year back, I had like one crash and I suspect it was my system.

ArmA II had it's bugs, but those where stamped out pretty quickly. Still shouldn't have been initially released in the state it was, but I remember reading that was something to do with a German publisher.

Some of the big mods have already hit, like ACE 2. I haven't had any problems with running it.

If bugs and crashes where widespread this place would definitely be vocal about it, so I don't think I'm part of the lucky few.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced Dec 21, 2009, 18:05 Drayth

Slippery_Jim hates ArmA, so he's here trying to find some new angle to slam it. Despite that this is a discussion thread about OF:DR which compared to ArmA in terms of gameplay,features and depth is shallow no matter how you slice it. You don't even have to like ArmA to agree to that.

8. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced Dec 21, 2009, 14:45 Drayth

About the only thing I love about the game is the sound, they seemed to go to great lengths in that department. And talk about rushed... ten missions?? At least on the PC side we can create more... though I don't feel very compelled to play it right now.

BTW last time I checked their forums a team had dedicated servers up and running. They where beta'ing it still, but the servers where stable from the reports I read.

News Comments > BioWare: Mass Effect 2 Reviews Will Exceed the Original
25. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 2 Reviews Will Exceed the Original Dec 18, 2009, 15:14 Drayth

Also check out Vernor Vinge's - A Fire Upon the Deep. Very much a classic.

News Comments > Hasbro Sues Atari/Infogrames over D&D Distribution
9. Re: Hasbro Sues Atari/Infogrames over D&D Distribution Dec 17, 2009, 17:20 Drayth

Go for the eyes!!  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Dirty Dozen Trailer
5. Re: Mass Effect 2 Dirty Dozen Trailer Dec 15, 2009, 18:41 Drayth

I made another saving throw and resisted this one.. damn Bio.. you really know how to youtube.

Looking forward to this.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat in NA on Groundhog Day
4. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat in NA on Groundhog Day Dec 15, 2009, 16:31 Drayth

Oooooooooooh... shakey breakey.....  

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line Announced
2. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Announced Dec 13, 2009, 06:52 Drayth

Well that got pulled pretty quick like.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer, Voice Cast Announced
12. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer, Voice Cast Announced Dec 10, 2009, 16:42 Drayth

I don't know much about this franchise, is it like DA:O in space? A good thing IMHO as I can't stop playing DA:O, and I like Sci Fi. Any input would be muchly appreciated.

Soooooorta.. the emphasis is more on the 3r'd person shooter aspect. It's far less tactical then Dragon Age, more "twitchy". You still get a party though, and a lot of the other RPG aspects from Dragon Age. The story is top-notch too.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2009, 16:44.

News Comments > Sledgehammer Shooter Plans?
7. Re: Sledgehammer Shooter Plans? Dec 9, 2009, 05:47 Drayth

I know, right? I totally thought that's what this was about for about 0.5 seconds. WAI!? WHA?! ...oh...

News Comments > Muzyka: Mass Effect 2: "The Best Thing Yet from BioWare"
31. Re: Muzyka: Mass Effect 2: Dec 7, 2009, 04:48 Drayth

There is in fact a huge difference from 30 all the way up to 120 and beyond. At around 100 FPS the immersion effect is staggering. The problem is 60 is still not really all that great compared to really high frames, but almost all of the current monitors are at 60hz. Wait till more of the 120hz monitors begin hitting, or better yet - go read a review of one of the two 120hz monitors. Every reviewer I've read who tried out one of those monitors who wasn't using it exclusively for nvidia's 3-d tech was blown away at the higher frame rates.

My experience comes from the days when I used a crt monitor with a 120 hz refresh.

Claiming anything over 30 is only subtle is flat out wrong.

News Comments > ARMA 2 Interview
4. Re: ARMA 2 Interview Nov 30, 2009, 22:43 Drayth

Glass is half full with these guys imo.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 29, 2009, 19:41 Drayth

GO GO DEAD SPACE  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 26, 2009, 19:22 Drayth

Drivers like 186.55 ran it flawlessly. It was anything in the 190's range, and if you didn't see the problem with those drivers count yourself lucky. Look at NVNEWS'es drivers forum, and -every- single 190 driver thread has someone asking if the problem's been fixed usually on the first page.. well, except these newest ones.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Nov 26, 2009, 16:57 Drayth

Fallout 3 would hitch for me when ever I turned my gaze in different directions. Like looking up to the sky then back down there would be a noticeable hitch. In Megaton it was unbearable. This has been with all the 190 drivers so far, I'll give these a shot.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer
2. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Nov 25, 2009, 22:45 Drayth

eyup  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Specs & DRM Details
28. Re: Mass Effect 2 Specs & DRM Details Nov 25, 2009, 17:01 Drayth

To the guy below.. careful with the seagate 1tb's. Yeah they're dirt cheap, but mine died in less then a week. When I checked newegg it sounded like that model had about a 50/50 chance of surviving a year. I swapped it for a hitachi.. cost a little more, but working beautifully.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Specs & DRM Details
26. Re: Mass Effect 2 Specs & DRM Details Nov 25, 2009, 16:58 Drayth

Bioware, you guys rock. Seriously.

Id like to see you guys in a modern warfare against other electronic arts and wanna be code masters. You guys are the true rockstars of PC gaming.

...'k that's my cheesy post for the year... but srsly...

News Comments > BioWare New IP?
9. Re: BioWare New IP? Nov 23, 2009, 16:29 Drayth

Only thing I miss from BG is when you killed something, the exact inventory of what it was using against you dropped. I like systems that make more logical sense over "game'isms". They use a much more NWN'ish loot drop system instead for the encounters.  

News Comments > Crysis Back to the Future DeLorean
5. Re: Crysis Back to the Future DeLorean Nov 23, 2009, 14:31 Drayth

Now why don't you make like a tree..... and get out'ah here!

500 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo