Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 545 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal: Prelude Support Ends
15. Re: It's for DRM. May 22, 2010, 23:28 Drayth

human wrote on May 22, 2010, 22:09:
Maybe you shouldn't be so obvious every time you change your handle on this board, otherwise what's the point?

I'm guessing mostly to cover his tracks a bit so that newer people can't see his history of being a broken record for the past half decade or so.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > David Allen vs Derek Smart
2. Re: David Allen vs Derek Smart Apr 14, 2010, 21:12 Drayth

In an effort to enhance Alganon’s® market visibility and following the direction of certain investors, QOL hired Derek Smart as a consultant on December 3, 2009 to assist in the area of sales and marketing.

You did WHAT??!

News Comments > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer
17. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 20:09 Drayth

I love it.

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Trailer
18. Re: CryENGINE 3 Trailer Mar 15, 2010, 14:28 Drayth

I had a blast playing Crysis. I look forward to the day when I can turn Anti-Aliasing on and replay it.

(I'm talking minimum 60fps.. I'm not sure that will ever happen)

News Comments > NVIDIA's 3D Push
15. Re: NVIDIA's 3D Push Mar 15, 2010, 14:24 Drayth

Exact same boat as Wolfen, it was very hard to let go of the edimensional 3d as games became less compatible and 60 hz LCD's became popular.

I remember shooting down an Osprey in Half-Life, it was directly above me and the debris fell right on to my face. It really does take the immersion up a notch if the glasses don't bother you (I could play for hours, and never had a headache or any problems).

12. Re: CryENGINE 3 Trailer Mar 15, 2010, 03:11 Drayth

I totally agree, Creston.. I'm betting it will run smoother on weaker hardware then it's predecessor. It's just the irony of that, especially in the FPS genre is...

lol

8. Re: CryENGINE 3 Trailer Mar 14, 2010, 23:31 Drayth

It's going to be hilarious if the system specs for Crysis 2 are less then the original.. and you know.. it's very possible that could happen.

News Comments > Newell on DRM
55. Re: Newell on DRM Mar 14, 2010, 22:36 Drayth

It informs all the decisions we make, and once you get into that mindset it helps you avoid things like some of the Digital Rights Management problems that actually make your entertainment products worth less by wrapping those negatives around them.

This statement applies to Valve's development philosophy. It simply states that they strive to implement a DRM scheme that does not devalue their own product. They seem to pull this off, if they didn't THEN they'd be hypocrites.

Yes recent events very likely stirred this statement to be put out, but it is a general statement concerning Valve in and of itself.

If they suddenly dropped Ubisoft for not adhering to their own philosophy of how DRM should be implemented, then they'd be hypocrites for carrying about 95% of the rest of the steam catalog for not adhering to any of their many other development philosophies, not to mention a bunch of DRM schemes that fall somewhere between Ubi's and Valve's. See why just dropping Ubi because of this statement is somewhat absurd?

We are all upset over Ubisoft's DRM. We all would love to see Ubisoft punished in some way for implementing it, but some are trying to stretch that desire to Steam's lineup to cry foul in some manner because of Valve's statement.

25. Re: Newell on DRM Mar 13, 2010, 22:06 Drayth

He's not criticizing DRM as a whole. He's pointing out his company's way of implementing DRM vrs more aggressive measures. That's about the same level of hypocritical as a person who says they like chocolate ice cream eating a vanilla ice cream cone.

22. Re: Newell on DRM Mar 13, 2010, 21:25 Drayth

Also points out how the worse the DRM the higher legitimate needs for piracy will rise.

"We counted over 5 bajillion torrents of our game!"

-yeah, and a good percentage where paying customers.

19. Re: Newell on DRM Mar 13, 2010, 20:35 Drayth

Steam does not have a DRM that bothers me in the least. It fits the philosophy of what he says in that interview.

Gabe is in no way responsible for Ubisoft's business practices. That's ridiculous. Would it be an interesting message that all of us could get behind and cheer if he refused to continue carrying their games on Steam? Sure.

Would it break a publishing agreement with Ubisoft and make other companies question whether they should publish on steam? A distribution that's subject to the owner's personal morals and whims? Maybe.

Would it give Ubisoft a leg up on defending themselves in this mess? A little bit. Despite how we feel there's bound to be a small percentage of people who are huge fans of AC and / or SH and / or whatever else and will feel that Ubi is being treated unfairly, stemmed by the disappointment of not being able to access these games to via Steam.

And besides, this all sits squarely in Ubisofts's court. They're hanging themselves with this mess. If the DRM really is so bad that they will loose sales, then why should Valve step in? This has to fail on it's own merits. Ubisoft needs to have no one else to blame but themselves.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead & L4D2 Mac Details
6. Re: Left 4 Dead & L4D2 Mac Details Mar 9, 2010, 19:49 Drayth

Nice one!!  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again
25. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 8, 2010, 19:25 Drayth

I really gotta wonder if the philosophy that went into the decision for this DRM was, 'We don't get enough sales on the PC.' or 'How can we make sure we get more sales on the PC?'.

I'm not for pirating games, I do side with using it as a legitimate demo when none are available (since you can't return a PC game). But this DRM is draconian, and this type of failure was absolutely bound to happen and they either chose to ignore the possibility of this happening or just didn't care.

'We really thought that Dell laptop would hold out.'

News Comments > Portal 2 Co-op Details Leak?
6. Re: Portal 2 Co-op Details Leak? Mar 5, 2010, 20:19 Drayth

"I HATE companion cubes!"  

News Comments > Portal 2 Announced
30. Re: Portal 2 Announced Mar 5, 2010, 16:36 Drayth

and everybody started masturbating over that cute, but ultimately forgettable, song at the end of the game

...the song?? Geezus, that's nuts. But one look at a jpg of the companion cube and I loose my pants. @_@

News Comments > Blizzard Working on Multiple Diablo Sequels?
6. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Mar 2, 2010, 21:32 Drayth

I'm only going on my memory of what I've read here and there.. mostly on this site. It's not based on any of their existing IP's, and it's most likely some sort of shooter MMO.  

News Comments > Blizzard Working on Multiple Diablo Sequels?
4. Re: Blizzard Working on Multiple Diablo Sequels? Mar 2, 2010, 21:16 Drayth

I would certainly love to see a Diablo MMO (wish they had done that setting instead of Warcraft), but all reports indicate that the one they're working on is not Diablo orientated.

News Comments > Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained
1. Re: Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained Feb 28, 2010, 15:14 Drayth

...wait till our new DRM was in place. You know, that sort of thing.  

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Pathfinding Trailer
14. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Pathfinding Trailer Feb 28, 2010, 04:23 Drayth

One (very cool) step forward, two steps back.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Conviction Specifications
1. Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction Specifications Feb 26, 2010, 16:48 Drayth

F U  

545 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo