Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 515 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Newell on DRM
19. Re: Newell on DRM Mar 13, 2010, 20:35 Drayth

Steam does not have a DRM that bothers me in the least. It fits the philosophy of what he says in that interview.

Gabe is in no way responsible for Ubisoft's business practices. That's ridiculous. Would it be an interesting message that all of us could get behind and cheer if he refused to continue carrying their games on Steam? Sure.

Would it break a publishing agreement with Ubisoft and make other companies question whether they should publish on steam? A distribution that's subject to the owner's personal morals and whims? Maybe.

Would it give Ubisoft a leg up on defending themselves in this mess? A little bit. Despite how we feel there's bound to be a small percentage of people who are huge fans of AC and / or SH and / or whatever else and will feel that Ubi is being treated unfairly, stemmed by the disappointment of not being able to access these games to via Steam.

And besides, this all sits squarely in Ubisofts's court. They're hanging themselves with this mess. If the DRM really is so bad that they will loose sales, then why should Valve step in? This has to fail on it's own merits. Ubisoft needs to have no one else to blame but themselves.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead & L4D2 Mac Details
6. Re: Left 4 Dead & L4D2 Mac Details Mar 9, 2010, 19:49 Drayth

Nice one!!  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again
25. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 8, 2010, 19:25 Drayth

I really gotta wonder if the philosophy that went into the decision for this DRM was, 'We don't get enough sales on the PC.' or 'How can we make sure we get more sales on the PC?'.

I'm not for pirating games, I do side with using it as a legitimate demo when none are available (since you can't return a PC game). But this DRM is draconian, and this type of failure was absolutely bound to happen and they either chose to ignore the possibility of this happening or just didn't care.

'We really thought that Dell laptop would hold out.'

News Comments > Portal 2 Co-op Details Leak?
6. Re: Portal 2 Co-op Details Leak? Mar 5, 2010, 20:19 Drayth

"I HATE companion cubes!"  

News Comments > Portal 2 Announced
30. Re: Portal 2 Announced Mar 5, 2010, 16:36 Drayth

and everybody started masturbating over that cute, but ultimately forgettable, song at the end of the game

...the song?? Geezus, that's nuts. But one look at a jpg of the companion cube and I loose my pants. @_@

News Comments > Blizzard Working on Multiple Diablo Sequels?
6. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Mar 2, 2010, 21:32 Drayth

I'm only going on my memory of what I've read here and there.. mostly on this site. It's not based on any of their existing IP's, and it's most likely some sort of shooter MMO.  

News Comments > Blizzard Working on Multiple Diablo Sequels?
4. Re: Blizzard Working on Multiple Diablo Sequels? Mar 2, 2010, 21:16 Drayth

I would certainly love to see a Diablo MMO (wish they had done that setting instead of Warcraft), but all reports indicate that the one they're working on is not Diablo orientated.

News Comments > Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained
1. Re: Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained Feb 28, 2010, 15:14 Drayth

...wait till our new DRM was in place. You know, that sort of thing.  

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Pathfinding Trailer
14. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Pathfinding Trailer Feb 28, 2010, 04:23 Drayth

One (very cool) step forward, two steps back.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Conviction Specifications
1. Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction Specifications Feb 26, 2010, 16:48 Drayth

F U  

News Comments > More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers
25. Re: More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers Feb 26, 2010, 16:00 Drayth

Darks, I'm thinking of what it would be like to play two early'ish missions from any of the campaigns in SupComm 1 and I honestly think I would be far more impressed and see far more potential for the full game then I saw in this demo.

As has been pointed out the experimental sub was a joke. At the end when these three big crawler units showed up, the game was like "Oh's nose!" yet my small fleet of ships (just one battle cruiser mixed in with 'em mind you) pounded them with no trouble in a matter of seconds. Severely anti-climactic.

Id love to see that you're right, and the full game is great.. but this IS a piece of that full game I've played and it didn't cut it. Creston's views are spot on.. and I like his alternative title for this game and agree with what he said there.

I wanted a game that surpassed the original, I have serious doubts it's gonna be at least AS awesome.

--Edit: having said all this, I have to give major props to the developer for providing a demo in the first place. That at least secures a budget pick up at some point if nothing else.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2010, 17:18.

News Comments > More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers
6. Re: More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers Feb 26, 2010, 01:43 Drayth

Yep. I'm sorry to say that the new game feels like a budget version of the first (even the production values). Maybe there's something in the full game that can still sell me on this, and yes the demo did have some fun elements to it.. but it just doesn't seem on par with the original game. :/

News Comments > Metro 2033 Specs
11. Re: Metro 2033 Specs Feb 25, 2010, 17:57 Drayth

Terrible AI?  

News Comments > No WinXP Support in Just Cause 2
48. Re: No WinXP Support in Just Cause 2 Feb 23, 2010, 17:14 Drayth

1) 4GB and more RAM accessible. Now you don't need to worry about getting a 1GB video card!

Your card's VRAM is equally important no matter how much system ram you have.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away"
26. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 12:06 Drayth

IT

WILL

BLOW YOU

THROUGH THE BACKWALL

OF YOUR PARENT'S BASEMENT!

News Comments > Razer Megalodon Headset Firmware Updates
4. Re: Razer Megalodon Headset Firmware Updates Feb 23, 2010, 12:01 Drayth

If you where using the AC-1 sound card with the headset, that only works properly under XP, since there's no hardware acceleration for the sound card under Vista or Win 7. If you get it working you're listening to a stereo upmix at best.

Under XP the thing sounded great.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Keys on eBay
23. Re: StarCraft II Beta Keys on eBay Feb 22, 2010, 17:30 Drayth

Yeah, but I rarely shop anyways. I only buy when I need like food, medical supplies, etc.

hahaha, so video games must fall into the same level of necessity as those other things. =)

I HEAR YA!

News Comments > Missile Command Movie Plans?
6. Re: Missile Command Movie Plans? Feb 20, 2010, 20:23 Drayth

IN A WORLD

WHERE MISSILES RAIN

ONE MAN

AND A TRACKBALL

ARE ALL THAT STAND BETWEEN CITIES.... AND *CRATERS*

FROM DIRECTOR WILLIAM SHATNER COMES A MOVIE SO ...uhm...

.......hmmm.... fuck it

-COMING 2012-

News Comments > More on Ubisoft DRM
20. Re: More on Ubisoft DRM Feb 20, 2010, 18:16 Drayth

So what's in it for gamers?
Ubi say there are three advantages to their online services. The first: you don't need a disc. The second: that you can install the game on as many PCs as you like, as many times as you like. And the third: the automatic uploading of savegames to Ubisoft's servers.

-_-

News Comments > On Ubisoft's Online DRM
46. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 18, 2010, 07:40 Drayth

I honestly can not believe how fucking stupid this is.

All user reviews on Amazon or anywhere else are gonna have 0 to 1 (where you HAVE to put in at least one) star reviews. Legitimate customers that would have bought the game now will not. What the fuck are they thinking? Even if the pc market is small compared to the consoles, they just killed that market for themselves.

I was actually ok with the EA drm that needed to check in once every month or so and eliminated the need for a physical disc. I know other people where up in arms about it, but I mean steam is more intrusive then that.

THIS is completely over the line.. out the door.. orbiting the moon. I buy -all- my games, I will not buy another Ubisoft game. I never even played either Ass Creed as it is, so no loss as far as I can tell.

Wow.

-Edit: I'm just sitting here thinking about what will happen once this is cracked.. even the most loyal customers will go to the pirated version (except maybe incredibly retarded loyal customers). They're essentially coding in a "feature" that's going to kill their sales. GJ

I sincerely hope this shit is cracked on or by the release date.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2010, 07:49.

515 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo