Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 472 (Amateur)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > No Further Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC
2. Re: No Further Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC Feb 16, 2010, 16:26 Drayth

We’ve got some very ambitious plans with DLC – our first pack is coming up in a matter of weeks. We’ll also have title updates coming up because once the game’s out there, we’ll need to get feedback from the people who are playing it, and if need be make a few adjustments and tweaks.

Our team are already prototyping all sorts of stuff to be released as DLC and we’re really excited about it. It’s a really different type of market now; I remember five or six years ago, you’d get a game, finish it, put it back on the shelf and that was it. But now it’s almost as though the game’s release is just the beginning, really. Ours is a game that lends itself very well to expansion – there will be weapons packs, map packs – all sorts of things we can do to get our product out there.

These guys really deliver.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Tanks Announced
1. Re: World of Tanks Announced Feb 16, 2010, 12:50 Drayth

lol, WoT?

News Comments > Love Next Month
8. Re: Game Reviews Feb 16, 2010, 04:00 Drayth

W'uv... t'wue w'uv....

News Comments > Crysis 2 Details
16. Re: Crysis 2 Details Feb 10, 2010, 16:48 Drayth

SlamDunk, thanks for the link.. I'm liking everything I'm reading there.

News Comments > All EA Titles to Have "Online Component"
6. Re: All EA Titles to Have Feb 10, 2010, 00:59 Drayth

Id really like to see Bioware and Valve get about as far away from these guys as possible.

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2
32. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Feb 9, 2010, 00:10 Drayth

As someone already said all you had to do was enable vsync via control panel. You didn't need D3Doverider, the in-game vsync was what screwed things up.

I had no other issues with the game. Mouse sensitivity was just at the border of being fast enough if I had it cranked up all the way. Camera never bothered me.

It was a great game, solid story. Sucks to see it go and jump in the console's lap. I missed the article about the sequel being less horror based..? I have two friends who couldn't play it because it was too scary *rolls eyes*.. I guess the bean-counters are factoring in those types for future sales.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2010, 00:12.

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2
3. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Feb 8, 2010, 21:13 Drayth

What complete bullshit.  

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas Details
6. Re: Fallout New Vegas Details Feb 6, 2010, 21:32 Drayth

Fallout had a much smaller but seemingly more focused mod scene then Oblivion. I'm not sure why so many ditched within the first 8 months or so, but nearly all the smaller realism mods haven't been updated since last June... unless that's changed in the past month or so as I haven't peeked in there recently.

Now you just have several major mods dominating, though they're very very good. FOOK2 is the big one, but it changes much of the game and doesn't shoot for realism so much as just better gameplay.

Wanderer's edition goes for immersion, AND stays very strictly within Fallout lore. The only weapons it adds are all from previous Fallout games, and it's only a small handful. Only thing it adds that I'm very 'meh' about is the bullet time mod (I know, wtf?) but it at least minimizes it's usefulness unless you spend perks on it. Everything else it adds is awesome, and doesn't feel out of place at all.

You can also look into Arwen's tweaks. She gives you a list of all the smaller mods to throw into a build, exactly where to put them on your mod load order, then provides her own little tiny mod which binds them all together and adds some incredibly well done realism tweaks.

Only downside with hers is again the mods will be somewhat outdated. She does kind of compensate for certain items that you can pick up in some of the DLC, but last I checked water from The Pitt still wont quench your thirst, etc.

BTW some of her own tweaks where recently absorbed into the Wanderer's Edition mod. She did an outstanding job tweaking the game's AI.

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas Details
4. Re: Fallout New Vegas Details Feb 6, 2010, 19:31 Drayth

The problem with a lot of those mods is they haven't been updated in a while and don't work with any of the DLC. \

Wanderer's edition is about the only one I've found that uses all the old realism mods and keeps them up to date.

News Comments > System Shock Modification
20. Re: System Shock Modification Feb 5, 2010, 14:55 Drayth

I played System Shock 1 first and for me one of the awesome SS2 moments was finding out in what WAY the two games connected. It is not obvious at all how SS2 can in any way connect with the original game, and once you find out it's a big 'Woha'.

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator Demo Details
22. Re: Aliens vs Predator Demo Details Feb 3, 2010, 17:12 Drayth

Last week's 24 was outstanding. 6'th season was meh (though I didn't hate it), 7'th was ok, this season's feeling back on track for the show to me.

-edit: I was an Atari 800 guy.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 17:13.

16. Re: Aliens vs Predator Demo Details Feb 3, 2010, 16:01 Drayth

Wasn't Shadowrun cross platform? If so I think it was the only one.

10. Re: Aliens vs Predator Demo Details Feb 3, 2010, 15:12 Drayth

Ditto.

News Comments > BioWare Making Dragon Age II "Visually Super Hot"
24. Re: BioWare Making Dragon Age 2 Jan 30, 2010, 22:38 Drayth

(( ( . Y . ) )) <-- jiggly, kthnx  

News Comments > BioWare Making Dragon Age II "Visually Super Hot"
7. Re: BioWare Making Dragon Age 2 Jan 30, 2010, 16:21 Drayth

Make the bewbz jiggly, kthanx.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Adds Content, Woos Former Players
12. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Adds Content, Woos Former Players Jan 27, 2010, 15:52 Drayth

You could craft items from scratch? Like actually build something that wasn't predefined by the game already?  

News Comments > Cancelled Fallout Extreme Details
9. Re: Cancelled Fallout Extreme Details Jan 27, 2010, 15:44 Drayth

lol  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Patch and DLC
8. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Patch and DLC Jan 27, 2010, 15:40 Drayth

Get ArmA II. ArmA I is the same game in an inferior engine. It would be like buying an older version of Microsoft Flight Sim, you may as well just get the newest one. Plus the enemies in ArmA I are far too annoyingly accurate unless you change some values in the ini file. ArmA II is a better balanced game out of the box. It also just has a better 'feel' to it.

And yes, get the ACE mod, and I highly recommend the SEAL Team Six campaigns which now use ACE as a required mod.

News Comments > Cancelled Fallout Extreme Details
7. Re: Cancelled Fallout Extreme Details Jan 27, 2010, 15:30 Drayth

Fallout Extreme? The name alone is wretched.  

News Comments > Lord of Ultima in Beta
4. Re: Lord of Ultima in Beta Jan 26, 2010, 23:04 Drayth

Can't wait for the Baldur's Gate sims game.

472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo