Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 522 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Plans 3 "Big Surprises"
54. Re: Valve Plans 3 Sep 1, 2010, 17:54 Drayth

bhcompy wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 14:08:
1)New hats for TF2
2)Hats for L4D
3)Hats for L4D2
Bonus)Ep3 Cancelled

HAHAHA!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Plans 3 "Big Surprises"
14. Re: Valve Plans 3 Sep 1, 2010, 12:42 Drayth

We admit that the episodic idea didn't pan out as expected, that's why we've taken a new dynamic shift with the Half-Life series! No more Episode 3, say hello to Half-Life: Mine Craft (pt1)! Now you can play in a dynamic open world while we take half a lifetime to make the next installment!

Gordon Freeman finds himself in a strange Xen landscape, where he'll need to craft crowbars and other useful items and weapons to survive the night.

Dig and dig while you search for Alex buried somewhere deep in on of the uniquely generated mountains!

News Comments > Half-Life Petition
14. Re: Half-Life Petition Aug 11, 2010, 15:07 Drayth

Ma'wage  

News Comments > New EQ & EQ2 Expansions
1. Re: New EQ & EQ2 Expansions Aug 9, 2010, 23:30 Drayth

Seven...

...teen...

.....exapnsions. -_-

There's some die hard out there that re installs with each individual disk.. I just know it.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Camera and Tool Changes
47. Re: Dragon Age II Camera and Tool Changes Aug 9, 2010, 20:15 Drayth

No, I'm talking about this game here:

lol, ok.. carry on.

I googled it as I was curious where indie games are at, and the funny thing is that site has a "Pre-order coming soon" announcement.

- "...well I guess this must be it..."

News Comments > Dragon Age II Camera and Tool Changes
44. Re: Dragon Age II Camera and Tool Changes Aug 9, 2010, 19:32 Drayth

If you like indie games, that's all well and good. I totally respect that.. but is THIS the game you're talking about?
http://www.locknloadgame.com/userimages/hos_5.jpg

I mean sure, if you're into it that's great. I -will- take Dragon Age II over that though, personally.

I certainly hope the way of the future isn't indie games, with cell phone games and browser games bringing up the rear. Major games are more mainstream now, sure.. but I'll take that over World of Farmsville.

------

I'm on the fence at this point about DA II. As long as they do keep the tactical combat, and the toolset I'm not sweating it too much.

Sucks they limited the race to just human, and this is not the DA II I would have preferred.. I would have liked a grand sequel that -expanded- on the gameplay of the first one, not narrows it. But there's still every chance this will be fun.

We'll see.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement
17. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement Aug 6, 2010, 18:37 Drayth

It was already pretty obvious, but that was an enjoyable read none the less.  

News Comments > QuakeCon Coverage
1. Re: QuakeCon Coverage Aug 6, 2010, 14:28 Drayth

They're still expected to at least talk about Doom 4 at this, right? They haven't seemed to have mentioned it recently.  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Revealed?
10. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Revealed? Jul 30, 2010, 20:08 Drayth

Darks wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 18:48:
Seems to me SirKnight you need a new PC; the graphics were far from sucking. Try using those graphic options and turn those settings up.

I'll agree the graphics didn't out right "suck", ArmA II shames it however at portraying a realistic environment. Dragon Rising kicks ArmA's ass in the sound department (it kicks most games actually). On the other hand Dragon Rising lacked bad weather in it's weather cycle, no storms or rain of any kind.

Where do you see the UI sucking? The UI was customizable to the difficulty level you set it to. The harder it was set to the less you got on the screen. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your gaming as a whole because you are very sadly mistaken. I know a lot of people most of them that are in the military that enjoyed this game a lot. One of them being me a Former Marine of 11 years. AI was far from terrible, but I guess youíre one of those guys that likes the AI to kill you in one shot? Sorry but thatís not realistic at all.

Custom to, not customizable. I wanted to play in hardcore mode but the developers where boneheads in that there was no way to tell what firing mode your gun was set to. This is horrible when your gun has a grenade launcher attachment with 2 types of ammo. Not just because you don't know which type you're about to fire, but because you don't know if you're firing a bullet or a grenade to begin with. Couple that with the fact that in Dragon Rising a grenade fired will go off at any range. IRL there's a 2 second or so window where a grenade will not explode if it impacts to prevent soldiers from blowing themselves up. ArmA II simulates this.

They just did a blanket, "Hardcore gamers don't like a lot of info in their UI? Ok, we'll just get rid of ANY UI.". This also eliminated any ability to tell what compass direction you where facing. Something I'm pretty sure most soldiers carry on them.

Dragon rising uses a strange "shield" mechanic for it's wound system where it takes a set number of shots before you're taken out, the number depends on what the difficulty is set to. ArmA has a far more advanced system which includes a degree of ballistics where the bullet looses energy the farther it travels (granted with most long range weapons it's not going to matter, but with silenced weapons or pistols you can see this at work).

I would say ArmA's wound system is way more realistic (while still being a video game), though enemy accuracy can be pretty annoying without mods, or adjusting it manually. Much like Oblivion, most players already use mods however.

At least in this game you could take a few hits before you went down and you would bleed out until healed. Iím having serious doubts that you even spent any real time playing this game from the sounds of your lacking knowledge of the game. Iím betting you gave it the 10 minuet test??? Yea I think that sounds about right for you.

I know you're not addressing me with this, but I can say personally I was pretty hyped up for Dragon Rising, it didn't need to surpass ArmA for me to enjoy it, just be a fun alternative. In the end, it sucked.

Campaign was stupidly short, missions where too narrow in focus. The mod teams where seriously let down once all the hardcoded limitations of the engine where revealed, etc etc.

You're acting like this game was a major success, last I checked (granted it was a while ago, but well after release) there was much crying out from the customers on the forums. I saw two die hards, namely Templar trying to keep morale up, but when that many people are disappointed with a game, who's to blame? Us??

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2010, 20:14.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Revealed?
7. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Revealed? Jul 30, 2010, 18:02 Drayth

Dragon Rising is the only game I wish I could completely remove from my Steam list.. I'm talking about the "Have not Installed" list. What a waste of cash.

There's tiny glimmers of potential in that game, but for the most part it's an empty shell compared to the real OpFlash series.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack
8. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 17:29 Drayth

I'm betting at some point there will be a "full edition" like the Fallout 3 GOTY, it's just with Dragon Age and this it's going to be a while as they seem to be willing to do DLC right up till the next full game's out.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints?
34. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints? Jul 22, 2010, 20:56 Drayth

Wurd.

I was just making a joke about The_Culture's post.

31. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints? Jul 22, 2010, 19:33 Drayth

The bitching in here has reached a level that people are bitching to the people bitching about people bitching thinking they are people just bitching.

...not uncommon for Blue'sNews actually.

21. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints? Jul 22, 2010, 17:03 Drayth

What I mean is the core Valve team. If that involves some members of the original game's team, I don't know.

I do know Turtle Rock separated from Valve after the release of Left 4 Dead 1, so in that case there's a clear division between the two development teams.

Portal was a small crew, who probably did get absorbed into Valve (I'm assuming), I remember hearing at least one lead Portal developer left Valve though.

However you want to look at it, VALVE developed Left 4 Dead 2 and Portal 2, this really doesn't seem to indicate they're leaving game development behind in favor of distribution.

18. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints? Jul 22, 2010, 16:40 Drayth

Surf wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 16:00:
VALVE did not make Portal or Left for Dead, they had other teams that made them that had been independent prior to Valve acquiring them.

Which is why I specifically mentioned Left 4 Dead *2* and Portal *2* which valve developed *themselves*.

News Comments > Arma 2: British Armed Forces Next Month
6. Re: Arma 2: British Armed Forces Next Month Jul 22, 2010, 14:18 Drayth

Yeah I agree there, it's just the sum of the whole was an amazing campaign. Plus he'd have these slow build ups to some just insane mission.. did you play it with the original version of that army of BMP's coming up the hill to the castle? He later nerfed that mission, but the original version of it was :OOOOOOO  

3. Re: Arma 2: British Armed Forces Next Month Jul 22, 2010, 13:18 Drayth

Thankfully there's a mod team converting all the original Operation Flashpoint campaigns (all of them) into ArmA II.. can't wait. They did it for ArmA I and it was awesome. They even ported the old PMC Fury campaign, which was my favorite user made campaign in OpFlash. It's huge.  

6. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints? Jul 22, 2010, 12:33 Drayth

Huh??

They've made more games over the past few years then they've ever made at one time. Portal 2 is a full fledged game, I'm guessing as large in content as something between Half Life 2 and one of it's episodes.

Before that we had Left 4 Dead 2.. Steam may have gotten more streamlined over the years but I don't see that as some complete shift in focus.

I think what they did is took a break from Half-Life as they had been creating Half-Life sequels and episodes straight on from the release of the original. They're avoiding burning themselves out on Half-Life. If that results in a better game in the long run it'll have been worth the wait (if not incredibly painful for us none the less, I'm with the Atari 2600 guy).

1. Re: Arma 2: British Armed Forces Next Month Jul 22, 2010, 11:21 Drayth

Woohoo.. finally, ArmA II Horse Armor!!

(sorry, had to do it)

2. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints? Jul 22, 2010, 11:14 Drayth

I was guessing we would start receiving Half-Life: Whatever the Hell they have Planned as the Next Game news once Portal 2 gets close / released... Let the games begin..?

Seriously jonesing for new Half-Life -_-

522 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo