Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 472 (Amateur)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2010, 20:17 Drayth

You still customize your character's looks.

You still pick your character's class.

You still pick your character's gender.

What they have locked is what race you can pick, and I believe the character's name. All this for the need for voice acting, and what I hope will be made up for in the form of a much more personal story to the main character.

IMO this could still easily be a worthy successor to DA:O...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Testing Underway
22. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Testing Underway Jul 9, 2010, 19:20 Drayth

Ant wrote on Jul 9, 2010, 16:00:
I hope I get in to sample this game as if it was a demo since most games don't even have demos, especially with MMOGs.

Nearly every MMO has a trial. I guess most come out after the game's release, but still...

News Comments > Dragon Age II Revealed
25. Re: Dragon Age II Revealed Jul 8, 2010, 14:16 Drayth

Awesome news.

And yes if they do one thing right, please keep the sequel at least somewhat difficult. It was nice being challenged by a PC Game again for once.

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
68. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 6, 2010, 09:38 Drayth

I think it's mostly because the shadows for large objects like trees and building are static (well, applies more to their original shadow tech), so they had to pick a direction all the shadows should sprawl out towards.  

66. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 6, 2010, 09:15 Drayth

Ever notice the sun and moon both rise AND set in the west in WoW?

...I did. -_-

News Comments > StarCraft II to Go 3D Via a Patch
41. Re: StarCraft II to Go 3D Via a Patch Jul 5, 2010, 17:24 Drayth

3D increases immersion greatly, so long as it's not bothering you in some other way. As I've said, it works 100% fine with me, I've gamed in stereo over weekends up to 4 to 6 hours with no issues.

Having said that, one of the best stereo moments was in Half-Life.. I was in a pitched battle involving an Osprey over head. When I finally managed to RPG it it was directly over my head and I was staring straight up at it... so the debri came raining down "onto" my head..

I seriously just sat there slack-jawed for a moment. You're adding an element that is -missing- from your normal view. If anything it makes the game seem more real.

But like I've said, if you're one of the people that's getting headaches or eyestrain from the current method, then yeah that's totally distracting from the game.

News Comments > On The Old Republic's End Game
3. Re: On The Old Republic's End Game Jul 5, 2010, 15:00 Drayth

Well it kinda has to be something you can do over and over and over.. until someone creates a dynamic procedurally generated content from scratch creator, I don't think the peeps at Bioware are quite that talented.

At the least I'm expecting WoW with Jedis, at the most.. dunno, but Bioware's pretty good at making fun stuff. Maybe the universe opens up into a full on PvP battle torn playground or something.

8. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 14:53 Drayth

If you don't want the effects, don't turn on dx11 mode.

..exactly, if you don't want to play in stereoscopic just don't turn on the fea-.. oh, wrong thread...

But yeah, they're finally bringing the game up from the Radeon 9800 / GeForce era. Never thought Id see the day that WoW would be a good reason to have a high end system.

News Comments > StarCraft II to Go 3D Via a Patch
8. Re: StarCraft II to Go 3D Via a Patch Jul 4, 2010, 16:03 Drayth

I'm still saving up for a modern 3D Vision system, but I used to do stereoscopic gaming back in the day when I had my CRT (NVIDIA had support for stereoscopic in their drivers long ago, just no marketing behind it). I played through Half-Life and Alice with it, many other games too.

When I had to switch back to only playing in 2D it took a while before I could get over missing the extra element of depth in my games. For me it added a ton more to the immersion, so I'm very curious...

Is it the current *implementation* that everyone hates? That is, if you could game in 3D with no need for glasses, and with no eyestrain would you then want the feature? Or do most of you feel movies and games should stay 2D, like perhaps that's the way they've been and should stay that way or something?

The shutter glasses don't bother me at all, and I completely understand it's a real headache for some, so I'm just wondering if that's really the main factor here...?

News Comments > BioWare now BioWare Mythic [Updated]
9. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 1, 2010, 23:51 Drayth

So should the headline be "EA Mythic now called BioWare Mythic"..? Or was there an in between stage of them being called just BioWare?  

News Comments > NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround
2. Re: NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Jun 29, 2010, 14:52 Drayth

If you have an nvidia and can find a pair of those red and blue glasses you can try it out that way.. maybe if you have a DVD that came with a pair or something.

It's not ideal, but it does give the exact same effect as the shutter glasses, just with wonky colors. You can see if it's for you or not as reactions to gaming in 3D cover the whole spectrum.

News Comments > Metro 2034 Revealed
7. Re: Metro 2034 Revealed Jun 29, 2010, 14:22 Drayth

I'm all for the 3D, keep it truckin'  

News Comments > ARMA 2 Patch
14. Re: ARMA 2 Patch Jun 26, 2010, 00:51 Drayth

LEAVE CORPORAL ARMSTRONG *ALONE*!

News Comments > ARMA 2 Patch
2. Re: ARMA 2 Patch Jun 25, 2010, 18:31 Drayth

Nice if true! Listening to the new Front Line Assembly is putting me in the mood for some warfare.  

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
36. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 19:21 Drayth

I enjoyed Doom 3 for what it was, a very base FPS. I dug the atmosphere, plus the eye candy and the sound.. would have been better with Reznor, but they still did a top notch job.

And yeah, the flashlight never bothered me.

Having said that, I'm not going to argue with someone who hates Doom 3, because, yes, it doesn't push forward in any other areas than the ones I mentioned. Story was just ok, AI was.. well there wasn't any, etc. For me it was immersive though, I just dig that kind of sci-fi setting.

News Comments > RAGE Trailers
17. Re: RAGE Trailers Jun 17, 2010, 13:50 Drayth

Best thing about this video to me is that all the tech I'm seeing is going into Doom 4. Course I will pick this up as well, looks fun.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 PC Control Improvements
6. Re: Dead Space 2 PC Control Improvements Jun 14, 2010, 12:15 Drayth

You can solve the control issue Krowen by unchecking vsync in the game menu, then selecting vsync in your vid card driver's control panel. At that point the mouse/keyboard controls will be smooth.  

News Comments > XCOM Trailer
23. Re: XCOM Trailer Jun 11, 2010, 18:26 Drayth

DangerDog wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 15:31:
sof2 clone nothnx

what?

It's a clone of Bioshock, you even have to take pictures to research upgrades to your weapons it seems.

It's an old blues joke.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
6. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Jun 11, 2010, 13:41 Drayth

Jungle setting makes consoles cry.. does look fun as hell though.  

News Comments > XCOM Trailer
12. Re: XCOM Trailer Jun 11, 2010, 13:36 Drayth

sof2 clone nothnx  

472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo