Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 544 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > ARMA 3 Announced
19. Re: ARMA 3 Announced May 19, 2011, 14:18 Drayth

And Darks, if you shoot at the AI, even if you miss it seriously fucks up their aim. That's one of the Arma II strategies actually - fire at an enemy if you think you're pinned and they'll have a hard time hitting you so you can flee to better cover, or W/E.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > About 40 Hours of Arkham City
17. Re: About 40 Hours of Arkham City May 19, 2011, 10:53 Drayth

Picked this up on the $5 sale myself, and I'll be getting the new one day 1 if possible. VERY well done game.. on top of everything else people described it's a very immersive game too. The mood, the music and the voice acting all gel together perfectly.

It's also (along with Metro 2033) one of the best game to try with 3D vision, as it's 3D Vision certified. You only need to turn off motion blur. Walking through mist and seeing it come out of the screen into your face is another really immersive element.*

*Applicable to people who can tolerate 3D gaming.

News Comments > No Valve E3 Announcements
9. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 02:28 Drayth

What was that news article late last year that said Valve would have like 3(?) major announcements in the next year? Don't tell me Steam on PS3 and you can make youtube videos with Steam, or whatever they have going were 2 of those announcements?!  

News Comments > New Total War Game in The Works
15. Re: New Total War Game in The Works May 18, 2011, 21:28 Drayth

Total Cereal War  

News Comments > Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play
11. Re: Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play May 18, 2011, 12:03 Drayth

Whatever.. just get off our lawn.  

8. Re: Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play May 18, 2011, 11:40 Drayth

Ah, it's only for the purpose of entering instances together. This isn't too far off from what they're already doing with the dungeon finder and battlegrounds. Premium service, eh?  

4. Re: Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play May 18, 2011, 11:09 Drayth

How the hell does this work..?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Witcher 2
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Witcher 2 May 17, 2011, 16:24 Drayth

Anyways, put me in the same boat of trying to finish Witcher 1 before playing.. outstanding series.  

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Witcher 2 May 17, 2011, 16:18 Drayth

It may just be the workers doing it on their own though. I know this happened earlier.. and I think it was the guy with the Bioware_Intern handle and I think the community was able to pull almost positive proof the guy worked for them.

Don't think I kept up on how it turned out though.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt though, Bioware's right up there with Valve in terms of favorites for me.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Witcher 2 May 17, 2011, 16:09 Drayth

Holy shit, I picked a random 0 score and sure enough DA2 10 - Witcher 2 0..

http://www.metacritic.com/user/VuleeHarkonnen

I know the one guy you mentioned was pretty much verified to be working for Bioware, but it's possible other people will pull the same stunt to make Bio look bad.. but if these actually are Bioware employees that's utterly pathetic.

I'm real curious about this now...

--Edit: Alright there's only the two 0 reviews.. and a 1 review by someone that might be more legit. Still, if the guy I linked works for Bioware put a fucking muzzle on your workers Bio.

News Comments > Obsidian on Reprising Planescape: Torment
13. Re: Obsidian on Reprising Planescape: Torment May 12, 2011, 20:11 Drayth

THIS SUMMER - THE NAMELESS ONE'S BACK!!!

You thought he was gone.. oh, NO.. you were WRONG. Activision in association with Codemasters (Makers of the run away hits Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Red River) present, Torment 2 - Shadows of Destruction.

"..one of the first things we wanted to do was do away with putting Planescape in the title. We want to keep the focus on The Nameless One, because we've really gone to great measure to beef up the game play with him. From being able to spit fireballs, to eating the corpses of your fallen foes to gain experience and new abilities - we've really up'ed the adrenaline of playing this character to the next level.".

"You mean, you press a button and something awesome happens?", a question that brought laughs to everyone in the room.

"Hahaha.. well actually, in a manner of speaking, yes."

The development team went on to show us a demo of the opening level giving us a peek at the Egoengine's new improved, and heavily streamlined UI for Torment 2.

"As you can see here, Morte now actually serves a purpose.. he acts as the in game quest marker.. always pointing in the direction your character needs to go. Think of him as your built in compass..."

News Comments > Crysis 2 Retaliation Map Pack Next Week
7. Re: Crysis 2 Retaliation Map Pack Next Week May 10, 2011, 14:39 Drayth

All of those looked like they were sections from the single player game, so I seriously hope they're not going to charge.  

News Comments > WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10
3. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 9, 2011, 22:29 Drayth

Uh oh.. we're only making *eleven* gazillion dollars a second!!  

News Comments > GTA5 Footage Leaked?
14. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 21:47 Drayth

hahaha

BluesNews is becoming a tabloid??!

"Face of Jesus Spotted Reflecting From a Lake in Skyrim!"

"Tablet Found in Rage Predicts the End of the World.. April 1'st, 2013!!"

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Midnight Riders DLC Plans
11. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Midnight Riders DLC Plans May 7, 2011, 11:59 Drayth

Thank you Internet Commission for Internet Studies and Surveys!! Your work is always appreciated!!  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Delayed
4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Delayed May 4, 2011, 19:33 Drayth

They've decided to import the awesome button from DA:2, and you better believe that takes work...

(they can take as long as they need as far as I'm concerned though)

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 21, 2011, 12:47 Drayth

Yeah, the crosshair of where you're going to shoot is there even when you're completely behind cover.

Like the article says, Vegas wasn't a bad game, but it's not a true Rainbow 6 game. It was, however, a better effort than the Operation Flashpoint crap we've got now. I had fun with Vegas as a straight up shooter with tactical elements, instead of a tactical game with shooter elements.

News Comments > X Rebirth Announced
6. Re: X Rebirth Announced Apr 20, 2011, 18:17 Drayth

Creston wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 18:12:
Parias wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 18:01:
But it would have been nice to see them just ditch everything to do with X and start over fresh.

Creston

....Y?

Ok, I'll stop.

News Comments > X Rebirth Announced
2. Re: X Rebirth Announced Apr 20, 2011, 17:56 Drayth

Guess they X'ed the other idea.  

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
26. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 15:03 Drayth

I saw it running at PAX east, it's a 60hz game. And yes, it's pretty awesome for an id game.

In the video before this one that everyone wasn't so happy with, they weren't showing the cool thing from the level with all the mutants.

--Mild Spoiler--

It's a spot out in the wasteland that a guy has put up a maverick TV Station.. people go there to participate in a show that's a mix of The Running Man (the movie) + Smash TV (the old video game) like scenario. There's things like mutants coming out of a giant slot machine. Rooms with rotating dummys with blades sticking out of them, all while you fight the mutants, etc. It was really cool.

544 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo