Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 536 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit
56. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 18:13 Drayth

Wow, this thread's bringing out all the ol' timers (with new names).  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 16:51 Drayth

There's hardcore modders on the Fallout 3 moder forums who wont play New Vegas because they refuse to use Steam. It amazes me.  

35. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 16:34 Drayth

Yeah that Uplink demo is 100% original level content, even the dialogue. if you've never played it try it as it's a sort of "missing scene" from Half-Life. It's pretty good length for a demo too.

And yeah, this DX leak was *really* impressive. My only complaint is the 3'rd person when climbing ladders and stuff.. but we knew that was coming. In every other way it's full on the spirit of the original game.

Hold off on playing it so you get the best experience when you get the real copy.. just have no doubt you're getting a great game.

4. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 11:18 Drayth

That leak convinced me to pre-order the game for sure. Id say it probably did more good than harm on the whole.

If a game company thinks they have a hit game on their hands, part of the marketing's budget should be given to the developer to have them build a unique level to use as a free demo, if you as me.

Half-Life: Uplink is still one of the best demos ever, imo (though it came out after the game's release).

News Comments > Upcoming PC Shooter Tease
34. Re: Upcoming PC Shooter Tease Jul 1, 2011, 01:04 Drayth

I think someone saw this and ran with it...
Cryengine meets Bladerunner

I'm curious if the teaser pic actually IS Cryengine now...

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
8. Re: RAGE Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 00:48 Drayth

Youtube's actually had that for any video marked as mature for years now. Granted, this is the first time I've seen it done for a game trailer myself.

I like that better than the "I was born on, January 1'st [Random Year Halfway Down the List]

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2011, 00:54.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Interview
3. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Interview Jun 30, 2011, 11:12 Drayth

Our game's powered by popularity!! Take THAT competitors! >:F  

News Comments > Arma 3 Interview
3. Re: Arma 3 Interview Jun 29, 2011, 13:57 Drayth

I was reading in PC Gamer how you can steal enemy uniforms off dead soldiers on the battlefield.. that has all kinds of potential, especially if they work it in MP.

Freaking cool.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint Rerelease: Arma: Cold War Assault
1. Re: Operation Flashpoint Rerelease: Arma: Cold War Assault Jun 23, 2011, 11:34 Drayth

Glad it's back with who it belongs. I wonder if they've made any upgrades to the game?

Ironically I discovered the Cold War Rearmed 2 Mod Demo was out last night. Had a blast going back to Everon and playing the first 2 OpFlash mission in the Arma II engine The demo has more missions, but that's where I stopped.

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned
10. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 21, 2011, 22:43 Drayth

I think Crytek are bafoons when it comes to knowing how to properly handle their games in terms of marketing, interviews, patching and especially multiplayer.. but not enjoying the SP portion of Crysis 2? That baffles me. That was a fukin fun shooter.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo Today
12. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Today Jun 21, 2011, 11:19 Drayth

I'm pretty sure it starts from the beginning of the game (I'm not getting the full copy till there's a massive steam sale on it).. then jumps to some part futher into the game.

And no, no multiplayer.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo Today
9. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Today Jun 21, 2011, 11:13 Drayth

Ant wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 10:46:
nin wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 10:17:
You too can see how bad the game is!!!

Go get em, Ant!

Yay! Bah to Steam again! Finally we can see how crappy it is! I hope I can play it during my long Independence Day 2011 weekend.

It took me less than an hour to play through the demo, Ant. It's very short.

News Comments > The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin
67. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 17, 2011, 22:42 Drayth

Jerykk wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 21:00:
Plus, most of those missions are soloable. So I think I'll probably get it at some point in the future (six months after release or so) when the early bugs have been fixed, and just play through all the story content.

I'm curious as to how much story content there actually is. Bioware claims that they have a unique campaign for each class but how long are those campaigns and how well-crafted are the missions? If it turns out that each campaign is only 10 hours and comprised of generic MMO grind quests, I'll pass. If it turns out that TOR has awesome 20-hour campaigns for each class, I'll probably give the game a try for a month or two once the initial game price goes down.

Early video stated that there's more content in a given class'es campaign than any single BioWare game.

News Comments > QUAKE "Reboot" Possible
27. Re: QUAKE Jun 17, 2011, 13:33 Drayth

Jim wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 13:15:
The original Quake was one of the best games ever made, and following its development is what got me coming to Blues News way back in the day.

same

News Comments > QUAKE "Reboot" Possible
13. Re: QUAKE Jun 17, 2011, 11:50 Drayth

nin wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 11:18:

If they're going to do this, they better bring Romero back, at least under contract.

And Trent.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City & GFWL
8. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 16, 2011, 22:49 Drayth

I just finished the first one (fukin' awesome game) on PC and the GFWL bit didn't really bother me in that game's case.  

News Comments > EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam
12. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 17:01 Drayth

I highly suspect EA was fully aware they would be breaking this agreement with Steam (how could they not know the terms of their agreement with Steam?). It's possible they where well aware it would result in the game being pulled.

Oh well, bussiness is bussiness.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
29. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 02:37 Drayth

Something kinda funny just came to mind. EA is Valve's distributer, lol.

"If you review the contract you signed in 2001, Gabe.. and turn to page 3, section 5, paragraph 2; you'll note that it states, '..meanwhile, Steam will remain exclusive distributer for digital sales till Origin.'

...so I'm affraid Half-Life 3 will be an Origin exclusive.

.....muha. muhahaaha.... MUWAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHA!!! I mean, *ahem* it's right there in white and black."

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Alice: Madness Returns
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Alice: Madness Returns Jun 14, 2011, 23:18 Drayth

Steam's earned it's success.

And I can't imagine it does in any way, but does the pulling of Crysis 2 affect existing owners at all? I bet they'll have to do some form of manual patching going forward..?

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite to "Unite" CoD Audience
13. Re: Call of Duty Elite to Jun 13, 2011, 11:56 Drayth

Maybe they'll turn this into an MMO...
[s4mf1ssur3, has invited you to Afghanistan 20. Would you like to join this raid? <yes> <no>]

Between XBOX Live and Steam, I'm not sure why anyone needs a paid service to track their online friends. I guess it'll offer other stuffs though.

536 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo