Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 472 (Amateur)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10
3. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 9, 2011, 22:29 Drayth

Uh oh.. we're only making *eleven* gazillion dollars a second!!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA5 Footage Leaked?
14. Re: GTA5 Footage Leaked? May 8, 2011, 21:47 Drayth

hahaha

BluesNews is becoming a tabloid??!

"Face of Jesus Spotted Reflecting From a Lake in Skyrim!"

"Tablet Found in Rage Predicts the End of the World.. April 1'st, 2013!!"

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Midnight Riders DLC Plans
11. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Midnight Riders DLC Plans May 7, 2011, 11:59 Drayth

Thank you Internet Commission for Internet Studies and Surveys!! Your work is always appreciated!!  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Delayed
4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Delayed May 4, 2011, 19:33 Drayth

They've decided to import the awesome button from DA:2, and you better believe that takes work...

(they can take as long as they need as far as I'm concerned though)

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 21, 2011, 12:47 Drayth

Yeah, the crosshair of where you're going to shoot is there even when you're completely behind cover.

Like the article says, Vegas wasn't a bad game, but it's not a true Rainbow 6 game. It was, however, a better effort than the Operation Flashpoint crap we've got now. I had fun with Vegas as a straight up shooter with tactical elements, instead of a tactical game with shooter elements.

News Comments > X Rebirth Announced
6. Re: X Rebirth Announced Apr 20, 2011, 18:17 Drayth

Creston wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 18:12:
Parias wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 18:01:
But it would have been nice to see them just ditch everything to do with X and start over fresh.

Creston

....Y?

Ok, I'll stop.

News Comments > X Rebirth Announced
2. Re: X Rebirth Announced Apr 20, 2011, 17:56 Drayth

Guess they X'ed the other idea.  

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
26. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 15:03 Drayth

I saw it running at PAX east, it's a 60hz game. And yes, it's pretty awesome for an id game.

In the video before this one that everyone wasn't so happy with, they weren't showing the cool thing from the level with all the mutants.

--Mild Spoiler--

It's a spot out in the wasteland that a guy has put up a maverick TV Station.. people go there to participate in a show that's a mix of The Running Man (the movie) + Smash TV (the old video game) like scenario. There's things like mutants coming out of a giant slot machine. Rooms with rotating dummys with blades sticking out of them, all while you fight the mutants, etc. It was really cool.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Apr 18, 2011, 16:17 Drayth

I'm using the beta drivers too. It'll be interesting to test myself when I get home.

..but I'll be too lazy to report.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
5. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Apr 18, 2011, 15:54 Drayth

You have a better chance of not having to restart if you have everything thing closed when you go to install. Generally if Windows is using the drivers in some way (in a process) you'll have to restart since the drivers can't swap out something that's in use (and wont terminate).

..or maybe I'm just making all that up..?

News Comments > Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Speculation
29. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Speculation Mar 28, 2011, 18:53 Drayth

The AI will sometimes do something stupid like stare at a wall, or jump from cover *towards* you.. but for the most part it's pretty good.

When there's a lot (and there usually is) they can be annoyingly good at tracking you down while cloaked, and they put up a good fight.

I didn't like that they left in the HERE'S A GRENADE!!! -> <=> hud icon in on even the highest difficulty (original game removed it at Delta difficulty). I never once had a problem with a grenade getting me (game's not easy on high difficulty though).

Alien AI is definitely better than the first, though I wish they had some of the original aliens mixed with the new ones.

Despite minor annoyances I had a complete blast playing through this game over the weekend.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Manual Patch
10. Re: Crysis 2 Manual Patch Mar 28, 2011, 18:28 Drayth

...you do know you have to run over to where the alien died (and not where the body lands) within a certain amount of time and collect the nano stuff, right?

I played the entire campaign over the weekend and never not got my nano-stuffs.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Workarounds
46. Re: Crysis 2 Workarounds Mar 25, 2011, 03:44 Drayth

This game freaking rocks. After setting up a custom cfg based off the nvidia 3d vision forum I've got a real good 3D depth going. There's a strange ghosting artifact with their proprietary 3D rendering, but I can pretty much ignore it (fucks up aiming down iron sights a bit though).

Also.. I have an SLI setup but none of this flashing people are getting (and both GPU's are in use). I have the latest betas off the NVIDIA page and the SLI update.

Game's just seriously fun, and the graphics are delicious. Damn curious as to how good the DirectX 11 patch is going to be??!

News Comments > Arma 2 Patch
16. Re: Arma 2 Patch Mar 23, 2011, 19:59 Drayth

You don't like to argue, you say, yet you keep coming into these ArmA threads to lambast us for liking it. Ironicly, it's usually a patch news article...

Sorry you couldn't get it running to enjoyable state, obviously we can. So, are we done?

News Comments > Technology of Dragon Age II
45. Re: Technology of Dragon Age II Mar 6, 2011, 22:19 Drayth

---SAME SPOILER AS BELOW----------

You could save everyone if you let the bloodmage live AND go to the circle of mages (minus Evil Henchman 1, 2, 3, etc)

..and yes, the choices lead me to standing awkwardly silent for long periods of time, as I don't like to reload and backtrack in the middle of a game. I took the choices seriously.

DA:2 BETTER have choices along those lines in it...

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
69. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 23, 2011, 01:18 Drayth

Curious what part you let your party member fall? You couldn't recieve injuries in the beginning Origin portion of DA:O if you fell in combat also.

So it could be that. Or it's just removed from the demo only. Or the game has no injuries (bad).

The cooldowns didn't seem off to me, especially the mage's. I can def say I started sweating the mage heal cooldown quite a bit durring the ogre fight.

This game seems more like an anime to me, especially the rediculous two-handed sword swing. That's not necessarily bad, it did have a certain atmosphere to it.. but it distances itself from the first game in terms of tone. Sword physics aside, that's the only gripe I have about the graphics.

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs
10. Re: Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs Jan 7, 2011, 10:51 Drayth

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/gallery/

There's a lengthy video showing combat on that page.. I've also read about 4 previews on it without going out of my way to look for them. The last two from PC Gamer where hands-on recounts, with the latest one detailing specific combat moves that can be pulled off in game.

I understand being very wary of the changes (I am too), but it's getting about as much coverage as most big name games coming out from what -I've- seen...

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Reference Drivers
3. Re: NVIDIA Beta Reference Drivers Jan 6, 2011, 12:51 Drayth

There's some reports on the forums that you can't go over 4X in WoW or you'll get like 15-20 fps.. can anyone confirm this?  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Plasma Cutter Unlock
6. Re: Dead Space 2 Plasma Cutter Unlock Jan 3, 2011, 16:48 Drayth

My only concern with this game is I believe it's being done by a whole new development team.. if it was the same team who did the first one Id have it pre-ordered.

Doesn't mean it can't still be awesome.. but I'll wait for some word of mouth... or, well.. fingers... I guess.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Plasma Cutter Unlock
2. Re: Dead Space 2 Plasma Cutter Unlock Jan 3, 2011, 11:00 Drayth

Very solid game, I agree. Good atmosphere and immersion for me when I played it.

If you use VSync, remember not to set it in the game's video options. If you use your driver's control panel to lock VSync instead you'll get -much- smoother frame rates. There's a lot of other more elaborate fixes for that problem, but just doing that solves it.

472 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo