Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 500 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
81. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 16:25 Drayth

Quboid wrote on May 29, 2014, 16:12:
I don't follow you...
This, I think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8Qqu_WBIc&feature=kp

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro Redux Announced
10. Re: Metro Redux Announced May 23, 2014, 00:21 Drayth

Frijoles wrote on May 22, 2014, 23:22:
I also hated the "stand here and defend" parts

Do those let up? I was cruising along but after about the 5'th one of those pretty much in a row I just lost interest in playing non stop. Guess I'll wait for the Redux and try it all again.

I love the first one, and it had a few moments like that but they didn't feel nearly as contrived.

I did like the part with the boat though (right before noodz town), that was creative and plane fun.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
20. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 05:42 Drayth

The game's a mix of old school shooter feel with modern elements in terms of story telling and upgrading your character as you go. About that upgrading, you unlock improved abilities through skill moves (head shots, stealth kills, etc). It's not a very deep system, just things like +extra % of armor on pick ups, etc. I think I gained the ability to throw back grenades when I shot a guy holding one who was just about to throw it at me.. or I shot it out of his hand right as I killed him, couldn't tell (and yes, it went off at his corpse's feet killing a few others).

Been a while since I've played a shooter with this level of gore, almost forgot what that's like. You can get some fun frantic fights with lots of enemies being thrown at you, though the AI is weak. Enemies will take cover, but then wont move to better as you get into a good position to fire back. They can surprise you with a well timed grenade toss occasionally though.

I've played past the opening level everyone's discussing. I'll just say there's definitely more plot and cinematic feel here than any id related game before. Whether it's a good story over all, can't tell yet but it's been interesting enough. Had a tiny break in gameplay from just shooting things at one point. Hoping there's more of that along the way.

The levels are very detailed and you're rewarded for exploring, though they're not very wide open overall. I was able to line up some nice silenced pistol shots from behind a wall by climbing through air ducts, and there's plenty of hidden (but logical) spaces.

Game runs smooth for me in corridors and buildings, but there's a lot of micro stutter in open areas (Crossfire on very high end amd's). There's no in game AA settings, which sucks, and setting it from the control panel didn't work for me either. Hopefully there's an .ini setting or some way to force it. I'm going to wait on playing more till there's a driver and / or game update.

If Deus Ex is your minimum of how much gameplay you want out of a shooter, this is not it. It's basically a straight forward classic shooting gallery type, but so far not a bad one. ...oh, and you can dual wield everything.. even the sniper rifles. ;p

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week
11. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week May 19, 2014, 13:55 Drayth

S.O.F.2 C.L.O.N.E. N.O. T.H.X.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein Launch Trailer
11. Re: Wolfenstein Launch Trailer May 15, 2014, 21:14 Drayth

I was worried this was going to be a 6-8 hour SP, and if I stitched all the trailers together I'd have seen 90% of the game (or the good parts at least). 15-20 hours sounds rather nice for a shooter of this type these days..  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
47. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 2, 2014, 02:12 Drayth

I covered, and I mean scoured every inch of the starting isle for the DC faction first time I played it. I just found a buried treasure scavenger hunt quest hidden away (and no, not the gear one) on my second play through of it.

It's basically impossible to know if you've found every single quest that's hidden away in this game.

It's also kinda neat to go back to the boat and see the NPC's gathering there who you've helped while questing and hear what they have to say. They didn't just do quest giving voice acting, seems every NPC has something different to say post-quests, or mid-quests, etc. I remember not realizing a friend and I had picked up a quest that involved a follower when the NPC suddenly yelled out to me, with an almost too human like tone, "Hey, where are you going?! The entrance is THIS way!".

Point being, this is an outstanding MMO if you find yourself getting sucked into it. It's easily the most immersive one I've ever played. Not expecting everyone to love it (it's still MMO mechanics at work), but if you think this is some shoddy MMO that was just thrown together.... no.

News Comments > Next Call of Duty Teased; Reveal on Sunday
9. Re: Next Call of Duty Teased; Reveal on Sunday May 1, 2014, 21:56 Drayth

No dog?  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha Mod
4. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha Mod Apr 28, 2014, 11:34 Drayth

I think you're thinking of Metro for the one based on books.

Most crashes I read about in the forum this morning where from people using the static lighting setting, so if you do risk it (I saw a number of very positive comments) make sure you're not using that.. which is the DirectX8 renderer if I remember correctly.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
18. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 19:18 Drayth

Every stretch goal from here out should be "..and we'll hire yet more programmers to work on this gigantic checklist of features.".

...should have been that a while ago actually.

I wish them luck. I still want to see this game make it, but thank god we have Elite.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Invasion Update
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Invasion Update Apr 9, 2014, 18:30 Drayth

Wow, a rational discussion on Blues News? I'll chime in - ToR's gameplay is a WoW clone approach, but I like the "feel" of the combat despite this. The game's not open world though (some of the later planets are rather huge, however), so you still feel like you're playing through what could be SP content, but is being very stretched out due to the general grinding through bad guys that's inherent to MMO's.

BUT, the MP aspects -- like joining up with other players, etc -- compensate this a bit. The game feels very much like a two steps back, one step forward affair, where I'm playing it because the story, the interactions, and all the other typical Bioware elements are there (and are addictive), but it would have been much better in a SP game... yet, the MP does add a little back in what IT offers.

Long post, short - if you enjoy it for what it is, it's a decent game, and it's fun to play through at least once. And very worth it to play through again on the opposing side, the story even plays off this element a bit when you visit a planet you ran through on one side then the other.

Just typing this gives me a slight itch to jump back in. Haven't played in about half a year. Oh, and the Sith Agent has the best storyline by far if you like dark (not a pun) storytelling.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
49. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 16:18 Drayth

Another thing to note is, at least as of last night, the game's still running in a borderless windowed mode even if you choose fullscreen.

I imagine they'll have exclusive fullscreen mode in soon (ToR got it in last minute too). Once that happens the game will no longer be locked to your desktop's gamma settings (should help with the dark char creation screens some people have), and performance will improve.

Driver control panel AA settings should start working, as well as Crossfire too. I think SLI runs fine in windowed.

You can tell it's in borderless windowed mode because alt-tabbing is pretty much instantaneous.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
28. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 23:34 Drayth

Damn kittens.  

22. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 22:30 Drayth

ToR has normal subscriptions. That's kind of the idea there, all the nickel and dime stuff just kind of opens up parts of the game (especially crafting). They make it all annoying enough that they want you to just cave and say 'Ah, F it, I'll just sub'.

8. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 19:29 Drayth

This is probably the best classic RPG type MMO I've played. Now if everyone gets to the end game and there's nothing to do for months, well then there's that. But so far, totally enjoying this.  

News Comments > $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game
7. Re: $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game Mar 26, 2014, 21:17 Drayth

I think for 100 bucks they could still throw in *some* edition of the game. You can still pre-order another copy to get sooner, or for an edition that sells out just like they're wanting you to do here.

At most a physical CD and a single game key (that you can give away) get wasted. But not having the actual game with the material here seems less like a collector's edition and some sort of side item to me.

News Comments > $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game
2. Re: $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game Mar 26, 2014, 20:35 Drayth

This industry's going to run out of material for actual April Fools jokes at this rate.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 26, 2014, 11:13 Drayth

Rare to see an MMO team implement so many welcome tweaks based on player feedback. The last beta showed lots of nice improvements. Melee combat in 1'st person especially has come a long way.

Looking forward to this.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer
5. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 21:27 Drayth

I thought for a moment this had potential for something cleverly comedic. It just starts off so quirky seeming... Ended up pretty cool none the less.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Announced
15. Re: DirectX 12 Announced Mar 20, 2014, 21:03 Drayth

I bet the coffee budget in that department's gone up a few ticks as of late.  

500 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo