Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 513 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Deus Ex Details?
28. Re: New Deus Ex Details? Jun 17, 2014, 23:17 Drayth

Get off my quake lawn!!

*waves nail gun*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Deus Ex Details?
9. Re: New Deus Ex Details? Jun 17, 2014, 11:38 Drayth

He's referring to The Fall, I think. Which.... I'm not even going to get into it

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jun 13, 2014, 20:03 Drayth

Quinn wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 19:54:
Where 's Liliana?

Also, someone in an earlier thread mentioned seeing a female qunari in the trailer. They meant the mage woman? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think she's just a human with a weird sense of fashion.

I read that too, and figured the same thing. They thought the mage was one.

Typical Bioware game, the companions grow over the course of the story along with the player's character, so I'm not worried there. Plus I doubt we're getting their full backstory in this. But yes, there's more than just these based on some of the pics I've seen.

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
14. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 13:12 Drayth

WaltC wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:56:
What you call "gaming" and what I call "gaming" are no doubt two entirely different things...;)

This (and the rest of Walt's post).

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Trailer
1. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Trailer Jun 5, 2014, 19:37 Drayth

Wow, someone finally made Alan Wake.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
20. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 14:36 Drayth

Creston wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 11:13:
I never thought about it in the original Elite, but now I have to wonder why coriolis stations have a rotating docking port. Did Braben not watch Babylon 5? :p

The docking section on Bab 5 (one of the best shows ever, btw) rotated as well. Provides immediate "gravity" for the ship to dock with once it's rotating in line with the station.

Random clip showing it in the first few seconds..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uvn-t6c3U0

I especially loved how the fighters would launch by simply being unclamped and thus thrown out the launch bay.

Elite's looking solid. Think I'll dive in later this month.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
110. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 5, 2014, 08:39 Drayth

I think the "walls" are just there to keep the dogfighting from spreading out and becoming too thin. It's supposed to be like a pit fight. You're in a VR simulation within the game, so it's not immersion breaking either.

96. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 20:57 Drayth

Prez wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 20:27:
Drayth wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 17:51:

...Still wondering why I suddenly have TWO Auroras in my hangar now.

I'll take one!

Sorry, Reagle already called dibs.

83. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 17:51 Drayth

Home now. Crossfire is borked, so running it on one card, but the frame rates are already better than the old Hangar module. Feels much smoother now.

Now to go read the pdf so I can figure out how to start the actual dogfight module (within the game).

Still wondering why I suddenly have TWO Auroras in my hangar now.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
4. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 4, 2014, 17:47 Drayth

Sold.  

46. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 12:25 Drayth

lol, awesome screenshot  

24. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 10:35 Drayth

I'm at work, so haven't tried this yet.. but fyi: I forced the Crossfire profile for Crysis 3 when messing around in the Hangar Module and that gave me a nice performance boost. Don't know if it'll still be the case with this.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
70. Re: Elite Beta May 31, 2014, 07:56 Drayth

I had no idea the sci-fi elements of this game were going to be so "thick" so-to-speak (I'm referring to everything after the pilot gets out of hyperspace). I think I may still hold out for the final product, but I certainly don't bat an eye at anyone joining in early to this game... dayum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj2MXw8t_40&feature=youtu.be

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
81. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 16:25 Drayth

Quboid wrote on May 29, 2014, 16:12:
I don't follow you...
This, I think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8Qqu_WBIc&feature=kp

News Comments > Metro Redux Announced
10. Re: Metro Redux Announced May 23, 2014, 00:21 Drayth

Frijoles wrote on May 22, 2014, 23:22:
I also hated the "stand here and defend" parts

Do those let up? I was cruising along but after about the 5'th one of those pretty much in a row I just lost interest in playing non stop. Guess I'll wait for the Redux and try it all again.

I love the first one, and it had a few moments like that but they didn't feel nearly as contrived.

I did like the part with the boat though (right before noodz town), that was creative and plane fun.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
20. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 05:42 Drayth

The game's a mix of old school shooter feel with modern elements in terms of story telling and upgrading your character as you go. About that upgrading, you unlock improved abilities through skill moves (head shots, stealth kills, etc). It's not a very deep system, just things like +extra % of armor on pick ups, etc. I think I gained the ability to throw back grenades when I shot a guy holding one who was just about to throw it at me.. or I shot it out of his hand right as I killed him, couldn't tell (and yes, it went off at his corpse's feet killing a few others).

Been a while since I've played a shooter with this level of gore, almost forgot what that's like. You can get some fun frantic fights with lots of enemies being thrown at you, though the AI is weak. Enemies will take cover, but then wont move to better as you get into a good position to fire back. They can surprise you with a well timed grenade toss occasionally though.

I've played past the opening level everyone's discussing. I'll just say there's definitely more plot and cinematic feel here than any id related game before. Whether it's a good story over all, can't tell yet but it's been interesting enough. Had a tiny break in gameplay from just shooting things at one point. Hoping there's more of that along the way.

The levels are very detailed and you're rewarded for exploring, though they're not very wide open overall. I was able to line up some nice silenced pistol shots from behind a wall by climbing through air ducts, and there's plenty of hidden (but logical) spaces.

Game runs smooth for me in corridors and buildings, but there's a lot of micro stutter in open areas (Crossfire on very high end amd's). There's no in game AA settings, which sucks, and setting it from the control panel didn't work for me either. Hopefully there's an .ini setting or some way to force it. I'm going to wait on playing more till there's a driver and / or game update.

If Deus Ex is your minimum of how much gameplay you want out of a shooter, this is not it. It's basically a straight forward classic shooting gallery type, but so far not a bad one. ...oh, and you can dual wield everything.. even the sniper rifles. ;p

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week
11. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week May 19, 2014, 13:55 Drayth

S.O.F.2 C.L.O.N.E. N.O. T.H.X.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein Launch Trailer
11. Re: Wolfenstein Launch Trailer May 15, 2014, 21:14 Drayth

I was worried this was going to be a 6-8 hour SP, and if I stitched all the trailers together I'd have seen 90% of the game (or the good parts at least). 15-20 hours sounds rather nice for a shooter of this type these days..  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
47. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 2, 2014, 02:12 Drayth

I covered, and I mean scoured every inch of the starting isle for the DC faction first time I played it. I just found a buried treasure scavenger hunt quest hidden away (and no, not the gear one) on my second play through of it.

It's basically impossible to know if you've found every single quest that's hidden away in this game.

It's also kinda neat to go back to the boat and see the NPC's gathering there who you've helped while questing and hear what they have to say. They didn't just do quest giving voice acting, seems every NPC has something different to say post-quests, or mid-quests, etc. I remember not realizing a friend and I had picked up a quest that involved a follower when the NPC suddenly yelled out to me, with an almost too human like tone, "Hey, where are you going?! The entrance is THIS way!".

Point being, this is an outstanding MMO if you find yourself getting sucked into it. It's easily the most immersive one I've ever played. Not expecting everyone to love it (it's still MMO mechanics at work), but if you think this is some shoddy MMO that was just thrown together.... no.

News Comments > Next Call of Duty Teased; Reveal on Sunday
9. Re: Next Call of Duty Teased; Reveal on Sunday May 1, 2014, 21:56 Drayth

No dog?  

513 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo