Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 545 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2014, 17:15 Drayth

I would advise avoiding the Gamespot review, the guy apparently dropped a hefty spoiler in it.

Come to think of it, I'll prob be avoiding DA threads in general for a while starting right about very soon...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
23. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 5, 2014, 15:32 Drayth

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 14:39:
I don't hear anyone complaining that DA:I seems like its too linear though. 4-6 hours wow by the way, I remember the prologue taking half that time.

Yeah, could have worded it better. My point was the first 4 hours of either game probably aren't a good indication of the quality of the rest.

Like the guy in my example, who was still in Ostagar after 4 hours (which is where I was at on first play through), if you didn't realize the game opens up to a full world map and you can choose where you go you might dock the game for being way too linear.

DA:I may not have the it being linear problem in the beginning, but it also must have more strengths to it that come into play later. Like the quest with the guy who joins the cult. They complained about how the cult is just a mention on a note. Someone in the comments said that opens up later into a full fledged thing.

They seem to be comparing the beginning of DA:I to the whole of DA:O.

21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 5, 2014, 14:31 Drayth

At DA:O's release I remember at least one complaint here from someone about the game being too linear and boring, etc while he was in the first 4-6 hours of DA:O, and everyone was telling him.. yeah, you have to hold out (till after Ostagar) before the game opens up!

I'm on the fence on how seriously to take the critiques in the video, because I'm betting the game just hasn't opened up fully. And it may just be the game's strengths lie elsewhere.

And yes, I'm replaying Origins right now and the majority of side quests are a billboard you put a stamp on and go do them. So, actually having a voiced conversation is a step up over that.

We'll see.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
6. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 21, 2014, 15:23 Drayth

DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 15:17:
Too bad they're just focusing on the space station with the DLC, I would have made one where you play newt trying to survive on the colony on LV-426 until the marines show up.

That would be awesome, but I bet they're limited by the licensing of this with Fox as to what they can reference. I bet there's a stipulation that they can only ever have one alien at a time so as not to make reference to Aliens.. (that was kind of a joke, but kind of not).

5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 15, 2014, 00:18 Drayth

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:33:
Does this mean I'll have to finally force myself to buy and play through DA2 to know what's going on in this game? Dammit part 2.
https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

When that site opens you can log in, run through a retelling of the story of the first 2 games, make decisions along the way, and it'll allow you to import the decisions into DA3's game like bringing over a save from one Mass Effect to another.

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
4. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 19:38 Drayth

I can understand the trepidation before going in because it's EA, but it really is less intrusive than one might think. You can run DA: O without booting up Origin after it's installed (as was kind of mentioned).

Also fyi, you can go to the Bioware social site, register the game and get all the promo DLC that was exclusive to one store or another at launch for free. Bioware's been offering that one for a while.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
6. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 09:54 Drayth

"Bahahaha, I'm taking all this money and moving to Mars! See yah sucka's!!!" -Last known quote of Chris Roberts  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 14:44 Drayth

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 13:46:
Uhh...but..uhh..uhhh...this game won't have the numbers to survive and is dying.

Actually the game is surprisingly successful, just not WoW level. Before ESO it was the second highest subbed MMO after WoW (I saw the numbers at one point and the gap was huge, but it was second place none the less).

Post ESO, I don't know. I haven't heard anything on financials since.

News Comments > etc.
44. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2014, 16:24 Drayth

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:05:
And for the love of God, the Hitman example is beaten to death. She has, what, 4 different Tropes videos with dozens of games mentioned? Find another one to trumpet if every video is full of countless flaws. Hitman is the only one ever mentioned.

Jesus, Beamer.. my post wasn't even directed at you. Taking this whole topic kind of personal.

If you follow this stuff even casually you can find out how much of a fraud this whole thing is. It was uncovered that there's a gmail group all the reporters from the various review sites use to coordinate with each other, along with a leaked email.

And as for Anita just a little research and you'll learn her past showed no evidence of feminist view points till she graduated with a degree in communications, then took some online classes on how to make money through video creation on the internet (with videos of her promoting the course). And now bam, she's making money using an easy hot button topic, disables discussion in all her youtube videos, and reposts all the flame warm posts that anyone would get on the internet from stirring up so much shit as personal threats.

She's manipulating this whole thing for her personal gain. That's what's ticking off people so massively. The fact that she may influence game culture when she's not even honestly invested in any of this.

News Comments > etc.
37. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2014, 15:17 Drayth

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 15:04:
Was it ever discovered who sent those tweets to Anita Sarkeesian? The ones that forced her from her home?

From what I've read it was her own doing. Which falls in line with all the other antics she's been pulling. For example, showing gameplay from Hitman of someone killing two strippers in a changing room and dragging the bodies around and trying to imply that this is what you're supposed to do in the game, when just about every "Lets play" shows players just walking past them (like you're supposed to).

She never mentions there's penalties for doing the above in the vid too.

I've only casually followed this stuff though.

News Comments > New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk
13. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 21, 2014, 19:23 Drayth

DrSquick wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 18:56:
Silly question, but can computers handle that? You would need to be able to do 1440p at 120FPS to have 3d 1440p at 60Hz per eye, right? I normally upgrade my PC every 4 years, and I just did earlier this year. I also normally shoot for a ~$250 graphics card, but this time I went quite a bit higher and did a Geforce 770Gtx. But my understanding it that doesn't have a chance at even doing 1440p at 60FPS, let alone to two screens.

Pretty sure with the Oculus each eye sees it's own exclusive image, meaning each eye is looking down it's own V shaped "tunnel" to the screen. If this is the case then each eye sees the image at the actual refresh rate, but they are shooting for 90hz with this new one.

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
7. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 10:17 Drayth

These cards have some interesting VR (Oculus Rift) tech going...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8526/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review/5

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
34. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 16:42 Drayth

IK,R??!?!!! lolololo  

32. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 16:37 Drayth

The hard part to understand is THIS part, "To further complicate things, they also note that those who have already preordered the final version or backed the alpha or beta will also receive the preorder bonuses along with an additional 4.99 discount."

See, what Im getting at is since they're in the red, are they planning on having us repurchase the full game?

Now I really like what these guys are doing, and its a crime they don't have sufficient funding, but this needs some clarification.

15. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 13:03 Drayth

I thought when you bought into the alpha / beta you got in on the official release too? Why is there an additional discount?  

News Comments > Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical
2. Re: Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical Sep 10, 2014, 10:20 Drayth

Hmmm, not getting a leg tingle from this one. Pass.  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
25. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 13:17 Drayth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVY0Hy-D7XE  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
36. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 11:19 Drayth

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:12:
That that isn't instanced is beyond fucking ridiculous. What is this, 1998?

To be fair, I haven't had too many incidents where this is the case. Most everything is instanced, and if it's not it usually respawns in a few seconds (minus the occasional elite mob).

But yes, this is the first MMO where I find myself enjoying times when there's less people around while questing. That's the thing, the quests are pretty fun, but they're totally geared to "The Souless One" being the only one involved. Some quests don't even make sense if there's more than one person on it.

As much as I can rag on this mmo though I do enjoy it. Taking a break for a while due to DA and Witcher quickly approaching, but I do plan to go back.

News Comments > SSI-Inspired Seven Dragon Saga Announced
9. Re: SSI-Inspired Seven Dragon Saga Announced Sep 3, 2014, 03:06 Drayth

Space sims are back. Turned based RPG's are back. Hell, non-turned based infinity engine AD&D ones are kinda back.. It's like the 90's Part II around here these days.

I like it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 25, 2014, 16:34 Drayth

Surprised Mantle wasn't mentioned.  

545 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo