Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 505 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
3. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 14:47 Drayth

That sucks, I was actually looking forward to 1313.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing
47. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 19:47 Drayth

That design is actually for back-face culling. It's meant to block your view from a distance into the building so the game engine doesn't have to render it. Having to render the internal architecture and the external area all at once would kill most cards... except THE TITAN!! (semi-jk)

WoW even does it for their inns with an elbow entrance. That way you can have a F-Ton of toons inside and outside (aka: Goldshire (on Moonglade)).

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing
16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:41 Drayth

Actually it's been 2 games in 10 years, you forgot Tomb Raider. Things are off the hook around here these days.  

News Comments > Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month
19. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 23:18 Drayth

I think there actually was a new race added in a semi-recent patch.. the Cathar.

I don't see new classes being added, on top of the normal work it takes to add to a standard MMO they'd have do all the voice acting for 5 new companions (x2). That probably doesn't fit in their budget too well. I'm surprised enough there's a new expansion...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2013, 17:08 Drayth

I can sympathize with people who dislike how 3D is currently implemented.. but to not want it at all? wtf?

News Comments > Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch
12. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 01:18 Drayth

Let me put it this way: If you bought the game and never finished it, or uninstalled in disgust.. the patch actually makes some rather decent improvements to the game.

There is definitely an improvement to the AI, animations on the aliens *are* smoother, and the graphics are more detailed and sharp. It's not just textures.. from my brief play I noticed the grenade toss scene at the dropship now has some extra effects added. Looks better.

For those who don't already own it, Id say it's now worth picking up, but only on a good sale price.

edit-They introduced a non-toggling film grain (Makes it look grainy like they Aliens movie, but the ijits should have made it optional) Mod to turn off the film grain, and a good ini tweak on the first page for the stupid contrast setting they switched to...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/49540/discussions/0/810919057064960555/

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2013, 02:05.

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
6. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 11:36 Drayth

Looks like I'm going to be playing every series I grew up with till the end... (not necessarily complaining)

edit - After reading the below comments and looking more into the game, I'm going to change this to Looks like all the series I grew up with will be around...

on the fence too

News Comments > SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand
38. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 7, 2013, 23:59 Drayth

edit - nm, it's been said

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2013, 00:34.

News Comments > Arma III Alpha Released
56. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 16:39 Drayth

I live close to work so I ran home, purchased and started download real quick. Can't WAIT to get home now. Been an avid fan of this series the whole way.

Maybe Darks will like ArmA this time around.

For newer ArmA users - Don't forget to keep an eye on the Bohemia forums. The ArmA series is a bit like Elder Scrolls in the terms of there being an avid mod community. User made missions can generally blow away stock game ones.

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com
22. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Feb 14, 2013, 15:44 Drayth

Only game to give me a true nightmare. Epic release, GOG.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
40. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 14:49 Drayth

Darks wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 13:47:
Tumbler wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 12:58:
Watched the Giantbomb quicklook and while the game didn't look amazing I thought it looked acceptable. Maybe a point less than homefront. Homefront had a lot of the same issues I'm seeing in this game but that was a while ago so maybe this one is being judged more harshly.

Looking at Metacritic Homefront got a 70 and this game seems to be getting a 45-50. Seems like a 50-60 might be more fair but meh, can't say I really care one way or the other.

I thought I saw a comment on destructoid that the press had been shown a "demo" that shows gameplay that isn't in the game? Wasn't clear if he was saying they created a demo specifically to fool the press and then sold a totally different game? Or if it's just content that isn't in the full game?

This is not the first company to put up a tech demo and not have any of that in a game. Itís done all of the time. When will people stop over reactive when something is not in a game that you saw in a demo. Movies do the same thing all the time too. How many times have you watched a preview and never seen that scene in a movie? Lots!!

GB was just showing off the game and what it can do, this is NOT something that new or that they are trying to deceive the public about. Read the fine print, there are clauses in there about how this is review material and is subject to change.

I remember an early gameplay video for Halo 2 that was a huge, intricate sequence that never happens anywhere in the game.

edit- This..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax1nvd8DF1Q

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2013, 14:55.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2013, 13:23 Drayth

Same, wtf_man.

On another note, I think someone should make a zombie survival game for Skyrim just for the hell of it.

Call it Animated Rotting Monsters Attack!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2013, 13:04 Drayth

According to my calculations, everyone in the world now owns Skyrim and ARMA II and are now buying their second set of copies...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Feb 6, 2013, 14:57 Drayth

Heh, yeah.. nexus subscriber here too. I wont touch Workshop over NMM.

Anyways, someone asked about deleveled monsters, well I use this mod and it does that.. however it does a *ton* more, so may not be for everyone. I suspect it's not for most.

It attempts to make Skyrim into an old school RPG style game, and changes A LOT of the game. However, even people who dislike it admit it's brilliant. If you want something a little more Baldur's Gate like than typical Elder Scrolls...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19281

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Return to Ravenholm Screenshots
6. Re: Half-Life 2: Return to Ravenholm Screenshots Jan 14, 2013, 22:00 Drayth

There was mention in interviews around the pre-episode 2 days('ish) of a non-valve Episode 4. I'm surprised it even got this far.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Nov 28, 2012, 22:28 Drayth

Isn't the installer a non-YetAnotherSteamLikeClient means of getting it?  

News Comments > Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer
10. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 14:36 Drayth

Hmmmm, time to research more before I buy.  

News Comments > Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer
3. Re: Free Far Cry 3 with SSD Offer Nov 19, 2012, 13:08 Drayth

If you're basing your comment off the original Anandtech article, it's been revised giving a conservative estimate life span of 23'ish years (up from 7)

TLC nand means it saves 3 bits per cell (T for tripple.. blah blah rest of achronym).

I think I'm buying this over the weekend, sounds like a good deal.

News Comments > The Secret World Issue #4 Details
2. Re: The Secret World Issue #4 Details Nov 14, 2012, 12:59 Drayth

This is going to take crackerjack timing  

News Comments > AirMech Open Beta This Week
5. Re: AirMech Open Beta This Week Nov 5, 2012, 10:52 Drayth

Their last album Improvised Electronic Device was particularly good, imo.  

505 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo