Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drayth

Real Name Drayth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 24, 2007, 04:01
Total Comments 534 (Apprentice)
User ID 36713

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
84. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 12:25 Drayth

Two interesting things I found out about the controls last night..

While in tac cam, if you hold SHIFT you can pan the camera around the field with the mouse. HUGE improvement for me (though there's plenty of other already mentioned issues still).

And also, it was tweeted that the snapping back to your party members when you choose them in tac cam is a bug and it'll be patched out in the next patch. Definitely retracting my statement from earlier that it's sometimes a good thing. That was in the small battlefields of the tutorial, later it's just 100% annoying.

Between that, the missing walk key, and the newest NVidia drivers causing shimmering in game I'm holding off on playing for a bit.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2014, 12:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

68. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 22:27 Drayth

You'll need Origin to play DA:I, it doesn't load without it running.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
57. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 13:20 Drayth

From the forum..
http://postimg.org/image/46v2ej7kx/

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 12:58 Drayth

Darks.. walk toggle, *please*. It's killing me sprinting full tilt 100% of the time. I'm holding off playing till this gets patched.  

31. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 03:08 Drayth

Someone on the forum the other day mentioned that the encrypting of the exe happens in memory, not constant writes to the drive. I have it on my SSD, and kept a close eye on the HD light on my case. It doesn't go crazy at all when running the game, just lights up about as much as one would expect.  

30. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 02:59 Drayth

After playing through the tutorial thinking this is one of the most gorgeous games I've ever played, I suddenly noticed that Texture in the graphics menu has a higher setting than Ultra.... "Fade Touched"

Also, fix for 30fps cutscenes...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q70DxlW0nb0

Does work for me, but it gives a weird stutter when panning the camera using mouse (but not keyboard, oddly). Most people seem to have no issues with it though.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2014, 03:20.

14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 22:21 Drayth

I temporarily moved to Korea this morning as well, and the tactical camera is *not* identical to Origins. However, you can use it just fine with a mouse, but some of the points Redmask mentioned are true.

From what I just played you have to issue commands one character at a time, and it does recenter on them (that's kind of actually a good thing more often than not..). I didn't test holding down the shift key and try hitting multiple F1-F4 keys, that may do multi-char selects. I kind of doubt it though, it's just not set up for that kind of commanding. But... you get to tune how your characters fight on their own with behaviors.

The combat system is really a hybrid of Origins and DA II. That said, I quickly got over the changes because the game is freaking fun as hell. I've only played the linear tutorial part, and even in that there were places to explore. I found a rather out of the way nook with several demons hanging out and a pretty good stash of loot that was completely off the path you end up heading up on.

I'm playing with graphics maxed out and it's gorgeous. Probably the best looking characters in any game. Can definitely notice subsurface scattering on the skin, and the textures are top notch. Frame rates are choppy, but I think an official NVidia driver will get things running smoother. I don't think SLI was working.

On thing that irks me though.. with mouse and keyboard you can't walk. You sprint at all times. Hoping that'll get patched, because there's a key mapping in the game's menu for "Sprint" which is defaulted to the Shift key, but that doesn't affect how fast you move. You seem to be sprinting full speed already. No external ini file with keybindings either.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
38. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 15:13 Drayth

Dang, you'd think World of Warcraft would be the worst idea for a game ever based on reactions here.

My only point being is I bet they honestly didn't expect this big of a shit storm over this. I wonder what their metrics were in terms of people playing in online modes vs off?

Still getting this.

News Comments > Game Reviews
19. Re: Game Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 00:13 Drayth

Most unbiased review I could fine (no spoilers).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySkWNrTgYmM

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2014, 17:15 Drayth

I would advise avoiding the Gamespot review, the guy apparently dropped a hefty spoiler in it.

Come to think of it, I'll prob be avoiding DA threads in general for a while starting right about very soon...

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
23. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 5, 2014, 15:32 Drayth

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 14:39:
I don't hear anyone complaining that DA:I seems like its too linear though. 4-6 hours wow by the way, I remember the prologue taking half that time.

Yeah, could have worded it better. My point was the first 4 hours of either game probably aren't a good indication of the quality of the rest.

Like the guy in my example, who was still in Ostagar after 4 hours (which is where I was at on first play through), if you didn't realize the game opens up to a full world map and you can choose where you go you might dock the game for being way too linear.

DA:I may not have the it being linear problem in the beginning, but it also must have more strengths to it that come into play later. Like the quest with the guy who joins the cult. They complained about how the cult is just a mention on a note. Someone in the comments said that opens up later into a full fledged thing.

They seem to be comparing the beginning of DA:I to the whole of DA:O.

21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 5, 2014, 14:31 Drayth

At DA:O's release I remember at least one complaint here from someone about the game being too linear and boring, etc while he was in the first 4-6 hours of DA:O, and everyone was telling him.. yeah, you have to hold out (till after Ostagar) before the game opens up!

I'm on the fence on how seriously to take the critiques in the video, because I'm betting the game just hasn't opened up fully. And it may just be the game's strengths lie elsewhere.

And yes, I'm replaying Origins right now and the majority of side quests are a billboard you put a stamp on and go do them. So, actually having a voiced conversation is a step up over that.

We'll see.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
6. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 21, 2014, 15:23 Drayth

DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 15:17:
Too bad they're just focusing on the space station with the DLC, I would have made one where you play newt trying to survive on the colony on LV-426 until the marines show up.

That would be awesome, but I bet they're limited by the licensing of this with Fox as to what they can reference. I bet there's a stipulation that they can only ever have one alien at a time so as not to make reference to Aliens.. (that was kind of a joke, but kind of not).

5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 15, 2014, 00:18 Drayth

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:33:
Does this mean I'll have to finally force myself to buy and play through DA2 to know what's going on in this game? Dammit part 2.
https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

When that site opens you can log in, run through a retelling of the story of the first 2 games, make decisions along the way, and it'll allow you to import the decisions into DA3's game like bringing over a save from one Mass Effect to another.

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
4. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 19:38 Drayth

I can understand the trepidation before going in because it's EA, but it really is less intrusive than one might think. You can run DA: O without booting up Origin after it's installed (as was kind of mentioned).

Also fyi, you can go to the Bioware social site, register the game and get all the promo DLC that was exclusive to one store or another at launch for free. Bioware's been offering that one for a while.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
6. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 09:54 Drayth

"Bahahaha, I'm taking all this money and moving to Mars! See yah sucka's!!!" -Last known quote of Chris Roberts  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 14:44 Drayth

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 13:46:
Uhh...but..uhh..uhhh...this game won't have the numbers to survive and is dying.

Actually the game is surprisingly successful, just not WoW level. Before ESO it was the second highest subbed MMO after WoW (I saw the numbers at one point and the gap was huge, but it was second place none the less).

Post ESO, I don't know. I haven't heard anything on financials since.

News Comments > etc.
44. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2014, 16:24 Drayth

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:05:
And for the love of God, the Hitman example is beaten to death. She has, what, 4 different Tropes videos with dozens of games mentioned? Find another one to trumpet if every video is full of countless flaws. Hitman is the only one ever mentioned.

Jesus, Beamer.. my post wasn't even directed at you. Taking this whole topic kind of personal.

If you follow this stuff even casually you can find out how much of a fraud this whole thing is. It was uncovered that there's a gmail group all the reporters from the various review sites use to coordinate with each other, along with a leaked email.

And as for Anita just a little research and you'll learn her past showed no evidence of feminist view points till she graduated with a degree in communications, then took some online classes on how to make money through video creation on the internet (with videos of her promoting the course). And now bam, she's making money using an easy hot button topic, disables discussion in all her youtube videos, and reposts all the flame warm posts that anyone would get on the internet from stirring up so much shit as personal threats.

She's manipulating this whole thing for her personal gain. That's what's ticking off people so massively. The fact that she may influence game culture when she's not even honestly invested in any of this.

News Comments > etc.
37. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2014, 15:17 Drayth

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 15:04:
Was it ever discovered who sent those tweets to Anita Sarkeesian? The ones that forced her from her home?

From what I've read it was her own doing. Which falls in line with all the other antics she's been pulling. For example, showing gameplay from Hitman of someone killing two strippers in a changing room and dragging the bodies around and trying to imply that this is what you're supposed to do in the game, when just about every "Lets play" shows players just walking past them (like you're supposed to).

She never mentions there's penalties for doing the above in the vid too.

I've only casually followed this stuff though.

News Comments > New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk
13. Re: New Oculus VR Unit; Carmack's VR Talk Sep 21, 2014, 19:23 Drayth

DrSquick wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 18:56:
Silly question, but can computers handle that? You would need to be able to do 1440p at 120FPS to have 3d 1440p at 60Hz per eye, right? I normally upgrade my PC every 4 years, and I just did earlier this year. I also normally shoot for a ~$250 graphics card, but this time I went quite a bit higher and did a Geforce 770Gtx. But my understanding it that doesn't have a chance at even doing 1440p at 60FPS, let alone to two screens.

Pretty sure with the Oculus each eye sees it's own exclusive image, meaning each eye is looking down it's own V shaped "tunnel" to the screen. If this is the case then each eye sees the image at the actual refresh rate, but they are shooting for 90hz with this new one.

534 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo