Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom

Real Name Tom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zoso
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2007, 01:57
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 35974

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P
38. Re: SWTOR Nov 16, 2012, 15:18 Zoso

D_K_night wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 12:28:
well looking at the comparison chart here:

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

You can see that with the F2P version...if you just want to play the game for the campaign...you can. Mousing over the greyed-out features shows they're not totally disabled - they're still usable.

honestly guys even with all the F2P "restrictions"(which really, they're more like debuffs), you can still complete the game from beginning to end, you can still play flashpoints...it's a complete game honestly.

The problem is... I couldn't get all my abilities on the action bar and my character is only 30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight II Cinematic
6. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 11:16 Zoso

I have to say that trailer was pretty bad. I would even go as far to say it might even chase a few buyers away.  

News Comments > Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn Beta
18. Re: UO Jun 2, 2007, 12:30 Zoso

Griefers paradise? How so?
If you met some PKs, you could simply run away. They killed you maybe one time, but thats it.

I never laughed so hard for your memory seems to be lacking. The griefing was so bad in UO that they had to put in a whole new rule set that kept getting stricter over time on the pvp crowd. Let's not also forget the thiefs who could steal right out of your packs. The gankers could loot your corpse and take everything you owned. They could break in to your house and steal everything right out of it.

Oh what great memories. NOT

The game did improve alot after the pvp changes and I had a good time then. The community is what made this game.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 12:40.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
2. Re: 9th Ask a Dev LotRO May 6, 2007, 19:43 Zoso

They had 11 servers to start open beta and two weeks after launch they still have 11 servers. I would have to say Turbine has to be a bit disapointed on the turn out.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Lord of the Rings Online
37. Re: Fundamental Apr 24, 2007, 17:46 Zoso

I have played LOTRO since A2 up until open beta. I stopped playing for a few reasons.

The first was the poor character animations. They have to be the worst I have seen in quite some time. The character models are not to far behind.

The next reason was the small world. The biggest problem I had is it's missing most of Middle Earth. I just can't feel like I'm in Middle Earth without Morder, Gonder, Mirkwood, Mines of Moria, Rohan, Lothlorien, etc...

The last reason is the crafting is just a after thought. Lot's of grinding for little to no reward.

A few other things that bothered me was the UI. You can not scale anything and on higher settings its hard to read the hotkeys for they are so small.

The mouse movement sucks for you have to click the right button first then hold the second to move.

The UI also feels slow like your running through mud. After playing Wow and getting use to how the mouse and key movements respond to your touch it's just painful in LOTRO.

The classes all feel the same. A 36 Hunter is the same as other 36 Hunters other then a few small differences with traits.

I feel the game will do well though not as well as some think on the forums. I liked the game over all but not enough to play and or pull me away from Wow for now. Maybe after a expansion or two if the game is still going and I'm not hooked on another game by then.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 18:17.

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online SE Announced
24. Re: What? Apr 12, 2007, 22:16 Zoso

I have been part of LOTRO since A2. The game has come a long way since then and has made many improvements. The world graphics are great but the biggest problem I have is the Character models and animations. They have to be the worst I have seen in quite sometime. If you really want to read up on it there is a few big threads on the subject at the main site.

I also have issues with the UI and mouse control and how sluggish it is. Again if you really want to read up on it you find many posts on these issues.

Other big issues in beta was the classes all being the same. A 35 Hunter is the same as any other 35 Hunter other then a few subtle differences with traits.

The world is to small. I can run from the Shire to Rivendell in about 35 min. The run from Buckleberry to Bree in less then 5 min. If you thought Wow was big then your going to be very disapointed.

Another issue is crafting is pretty much a grind for little reward. I found it to be pretty worthless for I always found quest items that were better before I could make a item of equal or better value.

The last issue that comes up is its a lot like wow. Well you will get many different answers on the forums. I myself have called it Wow light which I feel is not a bad thing but to many that is blasphemy. All I can say is give it a try its open beta right now.

I for one will not buy the game on release and will wait for most of Middle Earth to get filled in. I want to play in Middle Earth not a small part of it.

I hope by then they improve the Character models and animations which is my biggest issue.

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 22:24.

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo