Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zanthar

Real Name Zanthar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 22, 2007, 00:15
Total Comments 151 (Novice)
User ID 35259

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Aug 18, 2015, 21:23 Zanthar

It's also locked at 30fps. I'm still enjoying it though. I use a xbox controller. I didn't even bother to try a keyboad/mouse setup since it's a Square Enix port.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
25. Re: etc., etc. May 27, 2015, 14:02 Zanthar

Ladron3dfx wrote on May 27, 2015, 12:18:
Steam is the shithole of PC gaming and Hatred is just the latest ripe turd to float to the top, just swirling about in slow circles inside the Steam DRM turd bowl. Valve was correct in banning this turd but GabeN smelled the cash and with his fat greasy cheeseburger fingers lifted this sad discarded turd and polished it to a bright happy shine.

Hatred, original trailer.

Mmmmm I'm betting that you are butt hurt over a VAC ban or something. Meanwhile, millions of people are happily using Steam on a daily basis. You and Cutter should go and protest outside Valve HQ... maybe set yourselves on fire to prove how serious you are. I'll buy the gasoline for you guys.

21. Re: etc., etc. May 27, 2015, 08:23 Zanthar

Ozmodan wrote on May 27, 2015, 07:43:
Zanthar wrote on May 26, 2015, 18:47:
Cutter wrote on May 26, 2015, 18:03:
That's their right, and I applaud them for exercising it with that garbage. Just one more reason to like and support GOG. Valve could care less about anything so long as they make a buck. Valve is an amoral - bordering on immoral - company IMO.

F*** you and your morality.

Just because you have none does not mean it is a good thing.....

Oh, I have morals. I just don't magically pull them out of my ass whenever they can be used to bash something that I irrationally hate, like Cutter does.

16. Re: etc., etc. May 27, 2015, 00:32 Zanthar

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2015, 23:08:
Zanthar wrote on May 26, 2015, 18:47:
That's their right, and I applaud them for exercising it with that garbage. Just one more reason to like and support GOG. Valve could care less about anything so long as they make a buck. Valve is an amoral - bordering on immoral - company IMO.

Wow, suck GabeN's dick a little more why don't you? Fucking clown.

You mad,bro? Tough shit. Seems like you are the one that has a hardon for fat Gabe. You want to be smothered in his fat ass cheeks don't ya?

7. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2015, 18:47 Zanthar

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
69. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 18:07 Zanthar

Slashman wrote on May 12, 2015, 15:33:
I'm tottering on the edge of 'do I get it now' or 'do I wait'?

I'm waiting for at least a weeks worth of reviews and comments on the PC version before I get this. I'm so tired of getting burned with buggy releases.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
60. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 18:30 Zanthar

The neck is pretty damn strong. Construction workers, miners, football players, motorcycle riders, all wear much heavier stuff on their heads for many hours a day.

Fat unemployed slobs who sit in their chairs all day may have an issue but it won't affect active people very much. Text neck comes from looking down at your phone, unless you plan on looking at your VR feet all day long I can't see how the two would be related.

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
55. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 17:28 Zanthar

How about if your neck or eyes start to hurt you just stop using it? Maybe each Oculus should include a government monitor to make sure that it's being used properly, or just add on a $150 neck damage tax in case of future problems.  

News Comments > Mad Max in September
9. Re: Mad Max in September Mar 3, 2015, 21:26 Zanthar

NKD wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 21:13:
I always wanted a game that spouted bullshit neocon propaganda.

Oh, wait, this is something else.

You should go jerk off to nudes nudes of Pelosi and Hillary on Huffpo while you wait.

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
91. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 00:38 Zanthar

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 22:50:
PropheT wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 22:12:
I can assure you that the government had nothing to do with it's birth,

Interesting, since it was a DoD project that started it. But I'll be generous and assume you were speaking of the World Wide Web, which was invented so that CERN scientists could have a place to put their documentation and findings without having to email one another all the different copies. However, CERN is a (European) government funded organization, and Vince Cerf was definitely on the European government payroll. So even there, yeah, it really kind of was the government that had quite a bit to do with its birth.

The basic framework for the Internet was created by government funded programs, but it was all the open source contributions from students and entrepreneurs that brought it from a shitty UNIX shell command prompt and 2400 baud dial up to what it is today. Not the government.

90. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 00:26 Zanthar

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 21:30:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 21:13:

No, I've just been around long enough to see what a festering shithole the USA is turning into.

But evidently not long enough to know much about monetary policy, macroeconomics, or global finance.

A question: to whom does the US Federal government, and by extension the American people, owe that $17 Trillion? Hint: if you're answer is "The Chinese", you're only accounting for $1.24 Trillion. Another hint, this time by analogy: if you borrowed 11 trillion dollars from your wife, is your household 11 trillion dollars poorer?

If you spend that 17 trillion that your don't have, yes you owe that money to someone.

Do you honestly think the government can just inject that much imaginary cash into the economy with no consequences? They are propping up wall street right now, just wait until it catches up with them.

73. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 21:13 Zanthar

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 21:04:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:55:
Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:42:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:28:
I'm sure you're heading back to the motherland, Russia. I hear communism is making a huge comeback these days. You can stand in line and wait hours for toilet paper again, just like the good old days.

Well at least they have toilet paper. See, when you were working 14 hour days for a pittance you could barely survive on you couldn't afford luxury items like toilet paper. Seriously though, why don't you move to Somalia where you won't have any of the 'burdens' to contend with and you can sink or swim on your own? I mean, it's worked out so well for them hasn't it? I understand Mogadishu is virtual paradise!

Yes, that's what happens when your government prints 17 trillion dollars worth of currency that's not worth the paper it's printed on.
Wait until that 17 trillion dollar bubble bursts. You will be the one without a job. I'm an electrician. I was smart enough to educate myself, so that I wouldn't have to depend on a part time, minimum wage job flipping burgers to support me and my children. I don't need the government to subsidize my life, I'd rather die first, but I guess some people don't mind living like parasites off the Federal Government... go figure.

So your a doomsday prepper, question, do you hope for it all to fall apart for a good solid "I told you so?". I know TV evangelist tells us he's all holy and predicts world wide death to everyone. Schweet!

Being the country with the currency that is the global standard has the luxury to build up a debt like that. If it were to blow up that is a global failure that will be felt world wide. The worlds debt sits in that. If it does go south then the debt becomes trivial any way. To me it's as good fear factor for us to sing kumbaya to. Because if you are 10+ trillion in debt with it still spiraling upward and it is still working, you probably can be a million, billion, trillion in debt and it continues to work to. So we going to live in fear 20 years from now when the levy hasn't broke and we are now 50 trillion? Doesn't there get a point where we say "Ok, it's a huge number, but it seems roughly the same as it ever was".

Yeah, we are all just redneck, uneducated, dooms day preppers. Huuuuurrr. No, I've just been around long enough to see what a festering shithole the USA is turning into.

I doubt that I'll be around when they finally turn off the lights on this for good.

70. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 21:02 Zanthar

Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:43:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:28:

Oh yeah, no more using the internet seeing as that's a government invention too. Have fun banging rocks together.

Yeah, that was all Al Gore wasn't it? Read a book about how the internet was started some day. I've been on the Internet since I had to pay delphi $3/hr for 2400 baud access. I can assure you that the government had nothing to do with it's birth, and has only put up roadblocks in it's way ever since.

69. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:55 Zanthar

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:42:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:28:
I'm sure you're heading back to the motherland, Russia. I hear communism is making a huge comeback these days. You can stand in line and wait hours for toilet paper again, just like the good old days.

Well at least they have toilet paper. See, when you were working 14 hour days for a pittance you could barely survive on you couldn't afford luxury items like toilet paper. Seriously though, why don't you move to Somalia where you won't have any of the 'burdens' to contend with and you can sink or swim on your own? I mean, it's worked out so well for them hasn't it? I understand Mogadishu is virtual paradise!

Yes, that's what happens when your government prints 17 trillion dollars worth of currency that's not worth the paper it's printed on.
Wait until that 17 trillion dollar bubble bursts. You will be the one without a job. I'm an electrician. I was smart enough to educate myself, so that I wouldn't have to depend on a part time, minimum wage job flipping burgers to support me and my children. I don't need the government to subsidize my life, I'd rather die first, but I guess some people don't mind living like parasites off the Federal Government... go figure.

61. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:43 Zanthar

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:28:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:03:

Yup, the ACA website was shitty. Since you hate the government so much you must not:
- Drive on the roads & bridges gov't builds
- Eat the food that the gov't tests
- Breathe the air that the gov't protects
- Drink the water that the gov't regulates
- Live safely in the protection gov't provides

- Yes, We the people gave tax dollars to fix roads, bridges and government Buildings (though we need far fewer)We did not give the permission to regulate every aspect of our lives, however.

- I don't need the government to test my food. I can shoot my own, thanks.

- Yes... I truly believe that you believe the government controls the air we breathe. and can stop polars bears from drowning by building it a raft made from $100 bills.

- Water falls from the sky, clean and pure. I don't require a rain dance from the messiah Obama and all the chemicals and shit they add to it.

- I can live safely on my own, thanks to the second amendment.

You can go back to praying to your holy government... I have some warframe to play before the internet becomes slow as crap and I have to pay data usage fees and taxes like europe.

55. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:28 Zanthar

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:21:
Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:52:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:47:
Everything the government touches turns to shit and this will be no exception.

Try and be a bit more reactionary why don't you? Infrastructure, labour laws, foof and drug regulation, etc. - while all are far from perfect, they're a damn sight better than none at all. Or maybe you think life was better before all of that? Yes, I'm sure life was much better under the robber barons and other assorte tyrants.

I'm sure he'd find Somalia a much better place to live. There are no laws to fetter his living. It's freedom. A libertarian paradise. I'm sure he's buying one-way tickets right now.

34. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:03 Zanthar

This is the same government that spent $640 million dollars on a website that took a year to fix.

You sheeple keep putting your blind faith into the government as long as the keep dishing out the the unemployment checks and then move on to disability, welfare, and food stamps when the UI runs out. One day, a lot sooner than you think, those checks are going to stop. Just like Greece and by then they will have stripped you of most the freedoms that you take for granted now.

25. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:47 Zanthar

Everything the government touches turns to shit and this will be no exception.  

News Comments > Elite: Deadly TradeMarked
16. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 20, 2015, 09:24 Zanthar

For a game with no content I have over 200 hours logged, just imagine how much more I'll have when they add this supposed content!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
49. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 10:51 Zanthar

harlock wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 08:27:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 03:50:
wank wank wank wank wank wank

need a tissue?

Nah, he eats it.

151 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer