Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for The Magician

Real Name The Magician   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname The Magician
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 6111501
Description
Homepage http://www.landofthedeadmatchmaking.com/
Signed On Mar 20, 2007, 23:28
Total Comments 161 (Novice)
User ID 35237

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report
24. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 03:19 The Magician

Rigs wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 11:43:
I swear when I see some of these changelogs, it's like they've never developed a PC game before. If the previous games had a detailed graphics options menu, why have a simplistic menu in this one?! As Mr. Biscuit (heh) said, the Far Cry series from 2 on has always had the same graphics options and others added as technology progressed, so why fix what's not broken? And I am talking about Iron Sky, the PC dev of this port, not Rocksteady, as they were also the ones to develop and build the last Arkham game (for PC)...

=-Rigs-=

If I remember correctly, this studio has been very good at releasing vaguely broken garbage, particularly after promising it wouldn't be this time.

My guess is that they start each game from a completely fresh checkout of the base Unreal Engine source code, and that they aren't actually sharing jack-shit between games.

I'm amused by just how much of a shit-show these guys are throwing out here, because this is incredible. Especially after they said this was going to be a great release from the get go, excepting for some acknowledged ATI problems that they expected to get resolved on ATI's end (and ATI is blaming them too)

I don't know if it's piss poor management, or piss poor policies, or piss poor QA, or what, but this development house is basically shit. I don't care what the general public thinks of their games, these guys have turned out several episodes of shit.

If the developers themselves are good, then they need to jump to another ship.. if it's really engineering side where the problems are.. then this is just not going to ever get better, judging by that it seems to have become far worse this time out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jun 23, 2015, 10:56 The Magician

Why would they even kind of care if people play the games?

Also, all the stupid shit Steam does with trading cards, and the summer sale, is just frankly stupid. Anybody who has time to deal with all that bullshit, should probably investigate reallocating their amount of time.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer
16. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 22, 2015, 21:46 The Magician

Gib007 wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 15:07:
I have not played any of these games, despite owning the previous two as free gifts with upgrades, because it's Batman. I would feel like too much of a 6 year old playing a game with a "superhero" as silly-named as "Batman". In fact, any "superhero" stuff seems childish to me. I know I'm sour but...

Maybe you should google around for "baman" and "piderman".

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer
15. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Launch Trailer Jun 22, 2015, 21:44 The Magician

It's funny, I never got more than 10 minutes into the first of this series because the animation was -so- terrible, -so- poorly done, and at the time it was being hailed as a graphical wonder.

I just don't get it. The animation was SO BAD I COULDN'T PLAY THE GAME because i couldn't stand to LOOK AT IT. And yet it went on to become one of hte hottest games of that year, and one of the hottest game franchises of the last decade.

Freakin incredible.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted
26. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted Jun 22, 2015, 21:41 The Magician

... hasn't this studio had AMD problems with -every- release at the start?

It's like they don't bother to pull fixes into their next game's engine, or something.

Also, probably the studio is propped up by funds from Nvidia.

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
37. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 22:34 The Magician

Never heard of the developer, or their game. Sounds like they had huge aspirations, and had no idea how to live up to their aspirations. Based on comments I see here, it does sound like some people at least had heard of their game .. and that they might've been living in the same reality distortion field that Mitt Romney's team lived in.

News Comments > Free Content Coming to Gauntlet
11. Re: Free Content Coming to Gauntlet May 26, 2015, 15:46 The Magician

I don't think there's any amount of randomness to it at all. I played it for all of a few days, but after that it was impossible to find a game where you didn't get instantly thrown out if the people in it didn't know you.

This was the second biggest waste of money i've spent on a game in the last 12 months. The biggest, was the $3 I spent on the new pac-man game. That only lasted me about 30 minutes.

News Comments > ORION: Prelude Revisited
7. Re: ORION: Prelude Revisited Apr 27, 2015, 15:46 The Magician

I worked on this game for a couple of months after they decided to go with Unreal. I knew at that point, that it was going to be an absolute shatshow, and asked them to remove any code I wrote, and ensure that I did not get credited in it.

News Comments > Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video
7. Re: Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video Apr 21, 2015, 01:24 The Magician

... we need to abandon the developer-publisher dynamic of the business. Publishers, just like record companies, are the devil.

Self publish. If you've got something worth playing, people will buy it, and you'll win. If you don't, well, time to do some introspection, and figure out what you did wrong, and learn from it.

Depending on people that -aren't- your customers to finance your project, just means you aren't really making your project, you're making their project.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 14:48 The Magician

"But to say the majority of the graphical details are akin to Vice City is plain ridiculous."

Turn on first person view. Look at the dashboards, look at the hands and arms of the models, look at the things that you just can't see from third person view. They're really low grade.

The things you can see from everywhere are all definitely improved, but it's not that great of a visual improvement, and I'm comparing 720p on my PS3 versus 1920x1200 on my PC.. With the PC set for max everything except for antialiasing.

The gameplay difference to PC was well worth it, though. Online is now fun.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 09:20 The Magician

It's not actually that amazing -- I can do all max at 1920x1200 except for antialiasing at 2x, rather than 8x, on my single 750Ti. Unless there's options it's just not presenting me due to only having a 750Ti.

CPU is not even kind of a requirement for this game. On my i7-4790, it barely registers that there's anything happening, it's under 10% most of the time.

The majority of the new graphics thrown in for first-person mode, look like they'd fit into Vice City's tech era, rather than modern GTA. If not for the gameplay improvements, and the damn near perfect driving/walking controls, I'd be sad that I spent $60 for this a second time. Simply having good controls makes this game fun all over again, whereas Online on PS3 was just absolutely the most boring thing ever to exist.

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
1. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 09:14 The Magician

Fuck Adam Baldwin.  

News Comments > 16 Bit Arena Free on Steam
1. Re: 16 Bit Arena Free on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 23:50 The Magician

I try not to comment on things that I don't find appealing, because I don't want to be the "STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE" guy...

but..

This is frankly one of the worst game ideas I've ever seen.

And I wish to god people would stop using "8-bit" or "16-bit" to describe a graphical style. The number of bits doesn't determine your art.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
37. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 07:30 The Magician

Xil wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 02:11:
took me ages to read the RPS article, they did not go gentle on him and at times I thought he would totally break or something....

We should have RPS interview politicians.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
36. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 07:29 The Magician

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 06:53:
Yeah that article also takes what.. like a good 30 minutes to read through.. holy crap

Sounded like a congressional hearing more than an interview... but in the end it's the sad fucking reality he overpromised, exactly because he is a dreamer (And I mean in a good way) who has visions, but he sucks at explaining them or detailing them. Or realizing what is realistic and what isn't...

I hate to say it, but this may actually be the first *real* interview on a gaming site ever. And I feel some pity for Molyneux.

In the end the only one to blame are the backers of Godus I laughed at that KS seeing nearly entire money was for mobile phone game, with the PC game being nearly an afterthought added to even get money (since mobile kickstarters are not usually successful ..)

Odd, it was available on PC for over a year before mobile.

News Comments > Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises
3. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 10, 2015, 21:18 The Magician

The initial version of it was super fun, all they had to do was tweak some stuff and then add the next several levels of whatever they had planned. Instead, they revamped everything into a horrific mess. I haven't played the supposed "release" version, I think it's technically still listed as in Early Access, even though the "full" version of iOS is out.... that may have been an attempt to produce some extra income though.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. But I am.

News Comments > The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches
5. Re: The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches Feb 7, 2015, 15:09 The Magician

It's only "free to play" in that you can screw around with it for free. It's primarily a push to try to sell big dollar packages to get that loot. Also, the game totally sucks ass.

News Comments > Metro Redux Games for Linux & SteamOS
1. Re: Metro Redux Games for Linux & SteamOS Dec 12, 2014, 21:37 The Magician

pretty huge system requirements for games that were built for xbox.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
17. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 22, 2014, 01:47 The Magician

Anyone remember the doom aliens Tc? Better than anything we come up with now...  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
16. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 22, 2014, 01:35 The Magician

Fuck you. The game just came out, you could've either included this shit with the game or delayed it a week. Just fuck you game studios.

-- a game developer who is sick of this bullshit

161 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo