Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Peter Gaughran

Real Name Peter Gaughran   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname pnag
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 9, 2007, 16:46
Total Comments 62 (Suspect)
User ID 34840

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > 3D Blu-ray Next Year
24. Re: 3D Blu-ray Next Year Dec 11, 2009, 07:01 pnag

Hi. You're new here huh? Oh yes, you are I see. Only two years. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm old and cranky. Not quite as old and cranky as some other posters like Ant, or the man who broke the forums. But still old.

Aaah, I see! This is actually a pissing contest! Because you've been here longer, you're cooler than I am. How foolish of me. I bow to your longevity, cause that means... well, nothing, doesn't it? I've been reading the site pretty much since its inception - does that make me better than you?

No we understand exactly what type it is. It's not polarized glasses, they're polarized shutter lenses. They've been around for years. The stuff that's been used in the theatres come in two flavors. Red/Green and Polarized.

Fair enough...

So, you take it, plug it in. And you're still wearing something on your face. Now for those of us in humanity who wear glasses(yay?) and don't wear contacts(yay) for various reasons. This stuff is still terrible.

Er, what? As someone who wore glasses for years, and couldn't wear contact lenses, I had to put up with, gee, let me think, telescopes, microscopes and binoculars that were all 'incompatible' with me being a glasses wearer. But you know what? I got on with it - I didn't moan about them being shit technology simply because it was a 'slight' inconvenience to use. (I've had LASIK since, incidentally.)

Now sometime eventually it'll get to the point where no glasses are needed. The TFT stuff was a good step forward, but way too expensive.

Sure, and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle! What I mean is, could you not just enjoy the spectacular 3D views for now, with this technology? (Again, in decent films such as Up etc. - I am aware it can be just a gimmick too...)

Maybe I should just use the /. idea. RTFA, because most of us did and you didn't.

Or maybe you could quit being an arrogant, cynical gobshite? I know I could do with that too, from time to time

Oh, and if my spies are correct (googling your username ), you're not old and cranky - you're under 30 for Chrissakes! Just wait for that hump

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2009, 07:13.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Saboteur ATI Problems
20. Re: The Saboteur ATI Problems Dec 11, 2009, 05:48 pnag

Well, for what it's worth, I've played all three (AC1, 2 and Saboteur). AC1 - Xbox and PC
AC2 - Xbox
Saboteur - Xbox and PC

So far, IMHO, Saboteur is the best. Granted, I do need to play more AC2, but it really felt like an expansion with better graphics rather than a sequel.

18. Re: The Saboteur ATI Problems Dec 10, 2009, 09:42 pnag

Uh, it doesn't hurt that Assassin's Creed 2 was a genuinely better game than this in about every respect.

I couldn't disagree more, but then, I can recognise that as opinion. Can you?

11. Re: The Saboteur ATI Problems Dec 9, 2009, 18:56 pnag

Christ, the cynical posts!

Having actually played the game (both 360 and PC), IMHO, it's GTA WWII. Great fun, great dialogue (terrible Oirish accent, but funny delivery!) and cracking gameplay.

I own PCs with both nVidia and ATI cards, happen to be playing it on an nVidia, and it's perfect under Win 7 x64...

News Comments > 3D Blu-ray Next Year
13. Re: 3D Blu-ray Next Year Dec 9, 2009, 18:50 pnag

This is nothing short of stunning, and on Bluesnews of all places...

Almost all of these comments show a COMPLETE lack of understanding regarding how this kind of 3d tech works!

It won't use clunky shutter glasses. It doesn't use those poxy red/green film glasses (anaglyph, as that kind of 3d is known) - it's the kind of 3d that Pixar's Up! used to amazing effect. (Yes, there are glasses, but they're like shades, so it's not all bad).

Should every movie use it? No - it's not needed for every movie. But if your TV is capable of 120hz (and a lot are) and if the tech comes as standard in new (and cheaper all the time) Bluray players, ask yourself this -

WHY NOT??? Jesus, why are people so cynical?

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2009, 18:52.

News Comments > East India Company Privateer Preorders
1. Re: East India Company Privateer Preorders Oct 20, 2009, 09:02 pnag

Wait, when did 10 euro equal 10 dollars? According to XE.com, it's more like 10 euro is almost 15 dollars! (Approx. 14.9654 USD at the time of writing).

How can they justify this? Now, I'm not just talking about the ten euro/dollar example; price differences on almost all software varies hugely when comparing EU/US. It's ridiculous!

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 PC Delay?
37. Re: Modern Warfare 2 PC Delay? Oct 5, 2009, 16:13 pnag

You know, as 'conspiracy theory' as that all sounds, isn't it a bit coincidental?

Battlefield 1943 - delayed on PC, consoles get it first...
Batman : Arkham Asylum delayed - on PC, consoles get it first...
CoD : MW2 - delayed on PC, consoles get it first...

And these are all recent - I'm sure there are more too but can't recall at the moment! You know, I'm sure I read somewhere that most 360/Wii/PS3 owners own a PC too [yes, citation needed, but can't remember where!]; if you can get a cracked, readily available copy for the PC, why shell out for the console version?

However, if you simply 'had' to play it, and the console versions are out sooner... You get my thinking? Yes, I know, the 360 and the Wii have rampant piracy too, but no where near the levels of the PC.

Or am I smoking crack? Whaddya think, folks?

News Comments > Ghost Whisperer Game Plans
1. Re: Ghost Whisperer Game Plans Jul 23, 2009, 12:01 pnag

Nooooo! Why waste developers' time with this?!? I like looking at Jennifer Love Hewitt, but the show is trash, IMHO...  

News Comments > Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood DLC Plans
7. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood DLC Plans Jul 6, 2009, 07:03 pnag

The third pack will "enhance the ingle-player game"? Does that mean Michael Landon will be in it? Geddit? Laura Ingalls Wilder? No... Is this thing on?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2009, 07:23 pnag

Here's a spoiler free review for you, Blue!

Wolverine is one of the worst films I've ever seen; that's not from a fanboy expecting the second coming, now! All I wanted was some decent hokum. This film is a mess, and I'm shocked that Jackman not only appeared in it, but seemed to bring none of Wolverine's prior charm to the role at all.

1 star out of 5, slightly better than Ishtar, IMHO.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Feb 10, 2009, 05:08 pnag

Yeah, but what's weird are the way the reviews all just ignore the i7. Most of them are, "As you can see, the new Phenom IIs trounce the intel quads". Yeah, but the i7 whizzes all over those, making AMD (as far as I can see) about 18 months behind?

Again...

News Comments > On Gears of War 2, PCs, and Piracy
58. Re: Piracy only on the PC - yeah, right... Sep 30, 2008, 05:15 pnag

"okay this is because you also don't have the big picture. the other half of the equation is this. console gaming is easier and better and draws a larger audience, especially those not in your demographic. "

Gee, thanks loomy, I'm such an idiot!

No, I got that console gaming is easier (better? Well, in YOUR opinion; for example, compare any of the previous GTA console versions to the PC versions and get back to me), and lacks the hassle of PC gaming, and that's the real reason why companies are tacking this tack. "Ooooh, PC games keep getting pirated!" Rather than being honest and saying, "Know what? It's just too damn hard to keep up with the PC market, we're staying console only". My point was, piracy exists for EVERYTHING, every bloody system!

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 05:16.

News Comments > On Gears of War 2, PCs, and Piracy
55. Piracy only on the PC - yeah, right... Sep 30, 2008, 04:34 pnag

I own three gaming platforms.

PC, Xbox 360 and Wii.

I build my own PCs, and am apparently "savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade (my) video card, (and am) savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so (I) can pirate software."

Guess what? My Wii is modded, and so is my 360! Guess I'm savvy enough to do that too, huh? The "anti-PC cause of piracy" argument is a lame duck, as it effects consoles too. Truth be told, once a console is modded, it's a hell of a lot easier to pirate games for it.
This comment was edited on Sep 30, 04:35.

News Comments > Would Pirates Have Bought Crysis?
4. Consoles are very good DRM technologies? Aug 28, 2008, 04:58 pnag

That's a lot of garbage right there!

I own a PC, a Wii and an Xbox 360. The Wii and the 360 are both modded. So, bang goes his argument right there!

News Comments > More AU Fallout 3 Follow-up
2. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 11:29 pnag

Never thought I'd say this of Australians, but their liberal nation is a joke!

It's the typical "Oh, games are for KIDS!" attitude. This is ridiculous, and someone should start a petition. Or something!

News Comments > New Battlefield 1918 Mod for BF1942
3. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2008, 05:32 pnag

Which sounds like it would make for an obscenely boring game.

So, you've played it then? No? Then how about a nice, warm glass of shut the hell up? Jeez, it's a FREE mod so you've no excuse.

News Comments > Ship Simulator 2008 amBX Patch
2. Well... Jun 26, 2008, 12:02 pnag

As a Titanic geek, and someone who bought this, it's actually pretty cool!

Yup, it's for "trainspotters", but it is good news for us!

News Comments > WALL-E Demo
7. Re: No subject Jun 25, 2008, 12:25 pnag

I loooooove gooooooold!

Seems Blue is in full Goldmember mode again!

EDIT - oh, he's fixed it...

And incidentally, apart from being about a robot, is not at all like Short Circuit.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 12:26.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
5. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 05:10 pnag

Well, and just cause it's a pet hate of mine, it's ALIEN 3, not Aliens 3!!! That, and it wasn't that bad, really!

News Comments > BioShock Deactivation Tool
62. No subject Oct 25, 2007, 04:27 pnag

Bigoted? Small minded? Homophobic? Represent the absolute worst in what the rest of the world sees in modern America? Then you're Zephalephelah!

Seriously, you need some form of help...

62 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo