Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ekim DeLhi

Real Name Ekim DeLhi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname EkimDeLhi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 6, 2007, 08:02
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 34725

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
46. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 14:47 EkimDeLhi

ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:37:
Scottyl42 wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:32:
I dont think you folks understand..This is NOT gamers sueing them. These are people who have MILLIONS invested into EA. Think of it this way. You've put money in Lexus...and the stock is 1.00. They come out with a new Lexus thats hot, sexy and sells well...then a few days later they find out the lexus is broke, the wheels dont work, engine..etc...News gets out and the stock drops to 72 cents...Thats why they are sueing them.

The thing is, investors are basically gambling this money. Failure is a real possibility. It blows my mind that you can sue for that.

Now, it's possible that EA would have somehow actively tried not to do what investors wanted with their cash... That would somewhat warrant a lawsuit, but how the hell can you prove that, and where do you draw the line? This is basically an art form and you never know how many bugs are too much or what's the exact cause of the failure or success...

If you start getting sued because a certain person doesn't like a game, it's going to cost even more to make games and companies will take even less risks. It's just terrrrible for the industry.

You invested and the project tanked, too bad, that's investing... I'm talking about common sense here, I have no knowledge of the law.

From the Article wrote:
... defendantsí Class Period statements were materially false and misleading because they failed to disclose and misrepresented the following adverse facts...

The issue in question isn't whether or not BF4 failed as a product, but whether or not EA was upfront with where development actually stood. As an investor, the thing I would be most pissed about is that they show this schedule of all the DLC upcoming (ka-ching!) and then because their product is not nearly in the state it should have been at launch, then all that potential revenue gets pushed back indefinitely. That's a big problem when you're just in it for the money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
38. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 14:00 EkimDeLhi

Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:31:
I can't imagine this lawsuit failing. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. If it does succeed, that should open the door for consumers to hit them with a class action as well for "Lost Data". I wouldn't mind taking a bite out of EA for this bullcrap, even if it's a small bite.

Really? Believe me, this is anything but "cut and dry." There's a loooot of moving parts.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 4, 2013, 22:11 EkimDeLhi

$28 million Stretch Goal - The ability to fly. Like not in the game, but in real life. We've been planning anti-grav belts since the start. Soar around your neighborhood and impress your friends!
$20k+ backers only
(pewpew sounds not included)

News Comments > The War Z Offline After Breach
7. Re: The War Z Offline After Breach Apr 2, 2013, 09:21 EkimDeLhi

nin wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 08:56:
Couldn't happen to a more deserving group.

Talking about the devs or the users? I think the users were punished enough by actually having spent money on this garbage. They don't deserve to have their personal data stolen though.

News Comments > SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand
42. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 8, 2013, 01:07 EkimDeLhi

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 23:36:
Doesn't matter. If Sim City preorder/launch sales break even or generate any profit you will only see more bullshit like this. If the game is a loss for EA you will never see another Sim City again.

As to your second point, it's starting to feel like EA has already killed it.

35. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 7, 2013, 23:22 EkimDeLhi

Starting to realize... this could be a really good thing. I'm not one to hope for other people's failure, but this chabacle may actually bring mainstream attention to this problem. This has got to be pissing a LOT of ppl off.  

23. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 7, 2013, 22:13 EkimDeLhi

Yes, am glad to have avoided this as well. Personally, I would use cheetah speed all the time in past versions. To have that feature that's been in every Sim City I can remember stripped away suddenly due to server issues is just ridiculous.

And the fact that they could try to turn off cheetah speed to resolve the connection issues makes me wonder how much of the calculations are being done on the servers. If it's the case that the game actually does a lot of that on the EA server farm it's no wonder it crashed their shit. Also, if that's the case, it feels like some smoke and mirrors. So like, if everyone in the Sim City "world" starts cheetah (refuse to capitalize) mode'ing, that could just crash the entire game for everybody? At any time?

News Comments > Human Head Off Prey 2?
6. Re: Human Head Off Prey 2? Apr 19, 2012, 22:03 EkimDeLhi

Prey Forever.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Demo
1. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Demo Apr 19, 2012, 21:56 EkimDeLhi

Sleeper hit of the year?

It does what it's trying to do pretty damn well. The demo itself has a ton of replayanility. There are clear and rational options for changing the difficulty. Perhaps some might find the highest difficulty to not be hard enough, but we'll see in the full game. Overall, the tight controls, scoring system and well-detailed slo-mo replays make long distance shooting feel truly fun.

It even looks and runs fantastic on my relatively modest setup.. If the multiplayer's any good, this will be a must buy for shooter fans.

News Comments > Portal 2 Nears
122. Re: Portal 2 Nears Apr 19, 2011, 00:41 EkimDeLhi

Sepharo wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 00:38:
Ahh stuck progress bar! Nooooo.

Calm, calm. It gets "stuck" at 12/13% and 32%, according to the Steam forums. It's not really stuck, it'll keep going.

Fifth countdown!

News Comments > Portal 2 Nears
49. Re: Portal 2 Nears Apr 18, 2011, 21:53 EkimDeLhi

While I'm certainly not up in arms about this whole thing, as no one's losing out on anything and it's great indie devs are getting love, it'd be hard to not say I'm disappointed a little with the outcome. Obviously, a lot of people share that sentiment. Yeah, I guess it's my fault for buying into the marketing ploy but the whole thing came off as feeling a little botched and wonky. I mean there are no less than four "countdowns" involved, including the first countdown to Glados@Home, projected time to start, the computation progress bar, and the potato power one. And what's up with that last one btw? I think ppl are expecting the game to be released when that hits zero, but didn't that come from ppl playing the shit out of these games, only what seems to be to their detriment in terms of an early release?

Anyway, far too many people are acting like Valve ran over their puppy due to an elaborate, and somewhat poorly executed marketing attempt. We'll all be playing the game in a few hours, so just chill out.

News Comments > Portal 2: 5 Down, 8 to Go
8. Re: Portal 2: 5 Down, 8 to Go Apr 17, 2011, 15:04 EkimDeLhi

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 17, 2011, 14:33:
Agreed. Personally it doesn't affect or bother me one way or the other since I'm the only person on the planet that thinks Portal is an overrated average puzzle game, and quite honestly find Valve to be right up there with blizzard along the lines of overrated developers in the first place but I digress.

Yay, it's fun to be a contrarian.

News Comments > Shadowrun & Windows LIVE "Gold" Accounts
46. Re: Even if MS gets punters in Mar 6, 2007, 03:05 EkimDeLhi

The whole idea of central servers for games is dodgy.
remember Asherons Call 2? here's a reminder - http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=59703&id=261926&boardid=1&view=threads
We all know that MS loses interest in supporting their older products after a while.
Do you think you'll be seeing a refund when they shut down the Crisis (or whatever) servers because the game isn't making (enough) money?

this is actually something I've honestly wondered about. It seems to me that bandwith used to actually play games is not on a central Microsoft server. I would think that games are played using one of the players as the server, or that some games might run on an ad hoc system.
Just saying this because if it is the case that Microsoft does not spend for bandwith used to host playing the games, then requiring a Gold account for gameplay is essentially a pure profit move (besides probably hosting the main game lobbies where the servers must register).

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
This comment was edited on Mar 6, 03:08.

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo