Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for creatorswhim

Real Name creatorswhim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 1, 2007, 17:07
Total Comments 224 (Novice)
User ID 34584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Faction Changes Begin, Race Changes Planned
18. Re: re: Sep 3, 2009, 03:37 creatorswhim

Imho the price tag's only purpose is profit.

Of course the price is ridiculously high. They're trying to deincentivize it. They literally don't want you to spend your money changing sides. Can you not see that?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Champions Online Changes
17. Re: Champions Online Changes Sep 2, 2009, 22:00 creatorswhim

My heart bleeds for the troubles of those who got burned on release day. I mean, they got to level 40 in 3 days and now they can't play.

It's a tragedy, allright.

News Comments > Champions Online Discount Subs Return
24. Re: CO Discount Subs Return Aug 27, 2009, 19:09 creatorswhim

Dude, it was over on Monday. If you're just finding out about this today it's too late.

The "open" beta started on the 17th. You needed a preorder or a Fileplanet subscription to join. On Aug 21st, "open" beta became open beta when anyone could get a key by free account from Fileplanet. The complaints about the beta not being open stopped at that point.

The open beta ended on the 24th, although they left the servers up for another two days. They shut them down for the wipe yesterday evening. Yes, it's a Bill Roper plot.

Tomorrow morning they open back up for the headstart, so you might try to get a preorder code that lets you on tomorrow. (Gamestop or Bestbuy preorders include the headstart)

I leave this here in hopes it will help enlighten a future anthropologist who wonders why and how such trivia dominates our culture.

19. Re: CO Discount Subs Return Aug 27, 2009, 18:03 creatorswhim

The only way I've seen of getting into the open beta is either by having a fileplanet subscription or by pre-ordering the game.

If you were paying attention, Fileplanet started giving out free keys with a free registration last Thursday or Friday.

7. Re: CO Discount Subs Return Aug 27, 2009, 13:31 creatorswhim

Wow, you folks have really been traumatized by Bill Roper. Maybe you should seek counseling.

3. Re: Champions Online Discount Subs Return Aug 27, 2009, 10:32 creatorswhim

You've been Ropered by the "oops, we ran out of subscriptions due to HUGE demand!", followed by "oh look, if you hurry, we'll still let you in."

Yes, Cryptic could make any situation into a promotional event. Even when they try to do right by their customers, it's always about them and how they are the good guys.

After all, if Bill Roper is involved it has to be an evil trick.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2009, 11:22.

News Comments > Champions Online Discount Subs Sold Out
25. Re: Champions Online Discount Subs Sold Out Aug 26, 2009, 14:36 creatorswhim

But for someone to just throw money out like that for a game they have never played is pretty ridiculous.

The LS didn't run out until open beta was over. Halfway through the open beta, the servers weren't crashing enough so they gave out keys for free. If you wanted to play, you could play.

I'm willing to bet it was people who had only played it for the previous week that bought the LS.

22. Re: Champions Online Discount Subs Sold Out Aug 26, 2009, 13:46 creatorswhim

Even offering a lifetime subscription is evidence you don't have confidence in your product. It means you want money up front, before the user even gets to try the product, because once the word gets out that noone wants to play your shitty game, those who bought a lifetime sub are fucked. Otherwise, they'd offer a lifetime sub forever, not just at the launch of the game.

You're trying to say it's fraud? The whole game and everything is fraud?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Interview
1. Re: World of Warcraft Interview Aug 26, 2009, 13:44 creatorswhim

[LOL] Y A W N. Isn't everyone tired of this old game already? When is the next Sony fantasy game going to come along and sweep this MMO into the place where Microsoft's MMOs go? [/LOL]

Ok, now you have something to discuss.

News Comments > EVE Online Banking Story
4. Re: EVE Online Banking Story Aug 26, 2009, 13:40 creatorswhim

I get the sandbox thing, but we're up to like what, almost a dozen major scandals (two or three of which involved the developers) in the last few years for the game. I wouldn't give this game my money if it came with a triple-cunted hooker at this point.

No one in Eve holds you down and makes you invest in a Ponzi sceme. The people that do invest know that they are risking money, and takes their chances.

It's not like any GAME ever gives you the guarantee of being as stable as your investments in Lehman Brothers. Quit trying to make your priggishness sound like reason.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2009, 12:35 creatorswhim

Pirate bay is up right now. I don't think "offline" means what they think it means.  

18. Re: Champions Online Discount Subs Sold Out Aug 26, 2009, 12:32 creatorswhim

"As it stands right now you can make a new character in City of X, skip past the tutorial and make your way to the nearest Aeon Entertainment Building and farm your way to max level with little or no effort on the players part. You could also reach Max level in as little as 1 or 2 days with never experiencing any of the content."

Those kinds of players have been "adding value" to CoH since launch. Demon portals? "Alter portal devices?" Padding? Etc., etc. I don't really think that's a reason to hate the game. "Farming" is the preferred playstyle of many a MMO player. AE didn't ruin the game, it's just another step on the road to hell.

If you haven't seen a CO farm it's only because you aren't playing on that level yet.

News Comments > EVE's Banhammer of Unholy Rage
14. Re: EVE's Banhammer of Unholy Rage Aug 18, 2009, 21:43 creatorswhim

CCP never have or never will do anything for the greater good beyond the value of the dollar.

You know, not everyone is American. Don't force your cultural assumptions on others.

News Comments > New Champions Online Beta Client
9. Re: Can I play this? Aug 18, 2009, 21:37 creatorswhim

But hey, I guess since Bill Roper has his name on the project lets go ahead and make assumptions considering Bill did exactly what he did when he was at Blizzard North.

You mean he produced a balanced, really fun game?

News Comments > Champions Online Beta
4. Re: Champions Online Beta Aug 17, 2009, 21:45 creatorswhim

It's only simple incompetence, nothing to bash Bill Roper about.  

News Comments > Gold - Champions Online
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2009, 23:01 creatorswhim

Viranth, have you ever played an MMO before? If you want something exciting, try reading a book.  

News Comments > Jeff Strain and David Reid Leave NCsoft
12. Re: Jeff Strain and David Reid Leave NCsoft Aug 11, 2009, 21:14 creatorswhim

Aion is just another L2 clone.

Isn't it more like L2 characters using the WoW quest system to support gold farmers? I mean, gold farmers and NCSoft are the ones making money here, right?

News Comments > Square Enix Losses
16. Re: Square Enix Losses Aug 10, 2009, 18:11 creatorswhim

I think The Last Remnant is awesome. Too bad they make quality games rather than whate'er you haters play.

However, I'm sure their operating loss has more to do with the Eidos and Taito purchases, rather than the FF franchise being declasse. As long as they don't pump out yearly game updates like EA, I'm happy to support them.

News Comments > Mechscape Plans
14. Re: Mechscape Plans Aug 10, 2009, 00:36 creatorswhim

It's a dreadful name, isn't it? They might as well call it "Potatoscape" or "Dullscape" for all the excitement it elicits.  

News Comments > Mechscape Plans
12. Re: Mechscape Plans Aug 9, 2009, 22:47 creatorswhim

I originally read the name as "Methscape" and I was like Rubeyes  

224 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo