Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 2116 (Senior)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week
26. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details next Week Feb 28, 2013, 14:48 Flatline

InBlack wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 09:08:
How many assasinations have happened on board sailing ships historically speaking of course....where the assasin isnt caught, drawn and quartered, or made to walk the plank, or fed to the fishes, or fed to the sailors???? Im guessing none.

Quite a few actually. They're called "boarding actions".

And let's be perfectly honest, in the entire history of the world, how many assassinations have there been of high profile targets where the killer got away with it? Damn few historically. The AC series has always taken people who died historically around the setting of the game and had you neck-stab them.

My friend and I were discussing this the other night. Between the Maya/Inca/Aztecs of Central and South America for tomb raiding and some serious free-running, there's a lot of things that can be plundered in a Caribbean setting. Though we still think it would be interesting to have a Barbary Coast/Mediterranean Corsair game, or a female protagonist in a Caribbean game. We also thought it'd be kinda cool to have like a Portugese or Dutch protagonist.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 27, 2013, 23:08 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 21:34:
I want a Porsche. I don't need one, but I want one. I coul buy one but I really don't want to take out a mortgage to get one. Same with gigabit. Hell, I'd just like to see most DSL come down to more reasonable prices as it is. Try swinging that TWC!

Shitty analogy, because eventually to do much on the intertubes you *will* need higher and higher performance broadband. If that wasn't the case you'd still be on dialup.

News Comments > Blizzard Planning PAX East Reveal
5. Re: Blizzard Planning PAX East Reveal Feb 27, 2013, 20:46 Flatline

Judging by the kinds of iterative grind-a-thon games that are popular at Penny Arcade, I'll guess it's an iphone app that allows RMAH access.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 27, 2013, 19:54 Flatline

Read: Not at the prices and download caps that they'd want in place.  

News Comments > TrackMania2 and ShootMania on Steam; TM2 Stadium Open Beta
6. Re: TrackMania2 and ShootMania on Steam Feb 27, 2013, 15:29 Flatline

If TM uses steamworks to distribute racing maps, this could finally get me to actually play the fucking thing again.

Finding good trackmania maps was like pulling teeth. Which is fucking stupid considering that the whole point of the game was it's social aspect.

News Comments > Pressure Next Month
4. Re: Pressure Next Month Feb 27, 2013, 15:24 Flatline

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 11:01:
Don't understand why any developer wastes time on a steampunk themed game. Just not much demand for such anymore.

Actually steampunk is still a growing "thing". I'm ready for it to go away, since apparently steampunk has come to mean gluing some random gears onto a hat and spray-painting your nerf gun silver and bronze and wearing goggles, instead of shit like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf_2E-J44bY

News Comments > Homeworld and Remaining THQ IPs for Sale
29. Re: Homeworld and Remaining THQ IPs for Sale Feb 27, 2013, 15:15 Flatline

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 09:14:
Some of those are surprising.....esp the first 2.

Darksiders stands as one of two games I ever sold back to Gamestop. 2/3 through the game I quit. I had no interest in the game, the combat was uninspired, and the whole thing just seemed underwhelming.

DS2 I skipped. I heard it was marginally better.

Part of the problem is that when I think "4 horsemen of the apocalypse" I think of... well.. the Apocalypse. Not hundreds or thousands of years post apocalypse in yet another crumbled ruins setting.

If I felt more like I had been wandering through the ruins of humanity, I probably would have been more engaged. Instead within 10 minutes of passing the first level I more or less totally forgot I was on Earth and was War incarnate and just kind of settled into "bland fantasy beat-em-up #347"

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
36. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 18:20 Flatline

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 17:50:
HAHAHAH Told ya. I have 75 Golden Keys to use...

If he doesn't want to get "skewered" then they MUST include that toon in the season pass - otherwise you just shit on your customers.

Not much more than a week ago he said "we aren't raising the levelcap it breaks everything"

The levelcap DLC will be the one piece of DLC I'll be surprised if it is included in the season pass. I mean, think about it. It's the *one* piece of DLC that *everyone* will want to get if they're going to buy any DLC. So you charge separately for that.

Or if you're REALLY evil, you make the level cap raise an exclusive bonus to the season pass 2.

News Comments > Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed?
4. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 18:12 Flatline

Slick wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 18:01:
black flag can be used just like "false flag"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

this has nothing to do with pirates.... *facepalm*

i wonder if jack sparrow will do a cameo?

True, but it makes more sense to have a pirate game more than a Man o' War centric game. Far more opportunity for action than blockading a port for 3 years.

But all that aside, it's obvious that this is going to be an early 1980's Assassin's Creed focusing on the Punk Rock movement, and that Henry Rollins is TOTALLY an Assassin.

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
27. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 14:45 Flatline

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 12:36:
It's a good thing Gearbox stole art assets to help make such a successful game for Randy to hide behind.

I don't see any stolen art assets in that article. I see similar artistic styles, but that's a long, long, long way away from flat out stealing art assets.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2013, 14:40 Flatline

ASeven wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 12:14:
Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:55:
Blizzard to PC gamers: FUCK YOU.

But hey, keep buying their games, guys. Good job.

This so many times.

Blizzard just shat on everyone who bought D3. I hope people now refrain from giving these guys their money.

We're back to hating Blizzard in this thread? I thought we were sucking blizzard's cock in the Starcraft 2 threads.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
25. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 16:59 Flatline

bigspender wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:01:
I'm not buying those comments from "people that have connections to the game"
Especially about the graphics. It wasn't just coding, lighting and texture quality that are different between the e3 demo and real thing. You levels themselves are entirely different layouts with different art assets etc
The e3 demo is defs a "This is how we want the game to be" scripted/orchastrated or even pre-rendered sequence. And then they tried to make the game that way and failed. miserably.

I also don't buy the "SEGA and the two developers couldnt agree on the type of game they were making" you're telling they didnt have things planned out?

Actually if you look at the youtube "what the hell went wrong" video, the geometry architecture is actually almost A/B identical in most places, with a few sections completely overhauled and changed.

And if you don't buy the communications SNAFU, you obviously haven't read enough postmortems about the clusterf*ck that goes on between publishers and devs. It's pretty common. Not nearly to this extent, but it still happens a lot.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
9. Re: you are joking... right? Feb 25, 2013, 16:00 Flatline

Shataan wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 15:46:
"There is also an explanation of why the shipping game looks worse than the E3 demo, saying it was coded for high-end PCs, and was way over "performance budget" for older PCs"

So basicly the release version was dumbed down to make the PC compatible with the consoles??? Because what we got was pretty far from looking like it was coded for High End PCs. Their explaination doesn`t hold water imo. The average home PC right now is far more powerful than what was the norm 5 to 7 years ago.

They should at least try to pass off a more plausible reason for why the demo vid footage walks all over the Final Release visuals. Nice but rather lamer try.

It holds perfect water to me if the contract requires equal fidelity across PC, Xbox, and the PS3.

The PS3 seems to always be the cranky console that fucks up. If Sega demanded equivalency across platforms, and I can easily see that, then the entire game is limited by essentially the lowest common denominator.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
31. Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 24, 2013, 16:24 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 20:39:
Fibrocyte wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 20:05:
Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 15:17:
Google glasses - $1500 to show the world what a pathetic douchebag you are.

Translation: I hate what I can't afford.

I can afford it easily. I'm just not a douchebag that's attached to gadgets I don't need. Even cell phones, the vast majority of people don't even need one, yet they can't stop walking around yammering away and texting on them for no real reason at all. This is just another useless device for assholes. I can hardly wait to see when it starts killing all these idiots who are going to be distracted walking into traffic, etc. from wearing those stupid things. People that fill the emptiness in their life with needless toys are just sad.

Says the man who spends inordinate amounts of time commenting on a website that posts news about video games.

You're like 3 levels deep into "needless toys" land here yourself.

News Comments > Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO
1. Re: Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO Feb 21, 2013, 16:33 Flatline

How sad. That's more or less the end of an era...  

News Comments > TrackMania2 Stadium Info "Very Soon"
1. Re: TrackMania2 Stadium Info Feb 21, 2013, 16:33 Flatline

I loved TrackMania but for a game that thrived necessarily on the community, they didn't make it easy to download new tracks and play them.

Terrible, terrible social infrastructure design there.

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
19. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 21:11 Flatline

This is just a wordy version of "Bungie made you their bitch, so get ready to suck it down."  

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
15. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:55 Flatline

Dear Bungie:

Fuck you you arrogant twats. You just lost a customer.

News Comments > Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations
19. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 12:50 Flatline

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 09:17:
A proper Aliens RPG ala Mass Effect would be.. pretty damn epic. Sadly, with the idiots at Sega at the helm we can expect this franchise to be dead.

Yeah, an ME style action RPG set in the Aliens universe would be pretty badass.

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
29. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 22:55 Flatline

nin wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 20:17:
Flatline wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 19:48:
Yawn. I'm going back to play more System Shock 2.

I'll celebrate that with some Witcher...

An entirely agreeable alternative!

2116 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo