Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 1864 (Pro)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic
13. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 12:47 Flatline

Tumbler wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 11:57:
Just the name Bioware is toxic now. GJ Bioware. I'm sure shipping ME3 when you did was all worth it though right? You made your money, no one will remember, just get ready for pre-orders on your next game! Bonus' are guaranteed! No worries guys, everything is fine, let's just keep up the good work!

It wasn't just the ME3 ending (which was almost enough to be off-putting on it's own), but it was the triple crown of StarWoW (I just got an email begging me to come back, but I'm too busy playing the hell out of Guild Wars), Dragon Age 2, and the ME3 ending that convinced me that Bioware doesn't put out games like they used to.

I suspect the Mythic name-change is probably more related to the abortion that is StarWoW than ME3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year
18. Re: Diablo III Expansion Plans; StarCraft: Heart of the Swarm Early Next Year Nov 8, 2012, 02:54 Flatline

Jivaro wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 23:51:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 7, 2012, 23:33:
Of course by then we should have Grim Dawn, a well developed PoE, Project Eternity, etc. etc.

Yep. Very much looking forward to Grim Dawn in particular. Right now POE, TL2 and GW2 keep me very entertained and I just don't see a D3 expansion enticing me away from them, particularly if they want me to pay typical Blizzard pricing for it. The gameplay of D3 wasn't horrid, but it wasn't anywhere near as enjoyable as any of those 3 games. I can see giving POE, TL2, and GW2 money to extend and enhance my already enjoyable time spent playing them. Not so much with D3, it seems like it would be a wasted investment.

I know I will go back occasionally, mainly out of morbid curiosity, but I also know I won't be giving them anymore money.

We just ran our first dungeon raid in GW2 tonight and it was *awesome* (there's only 5 people in our guild, so getting a dungeon group together is a pain in the ass). Every time I think the game is burning out on me I try something new and get cracked out on it again.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased
36. Re: Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased Nov 6, 2012, 14:39 Flatline

Creston wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 20:28:
Btw, I understand cooking, but all the other crafting disciplines are a complete mystery to me. Can someone explain (or link to) how to get a crafting discipline going? I typically can get something to rank 50 or so, and then I've got nothing left to build that gives xp, and everything I check in my discovery pane is all for higher level crafters. Confused Sad Cry

Creston

I had that problem too back before they adjusted the drop rates and I went 20 levels with only like 8 vials of weak blood.

Basically, you refine your basic mats for that tier, then you gen 4 or 6 or 8 of each kind of enchantment/mod/sigil/whatever. Then for say Armor you craft 8 sets of shoulders, 8 sets of chest pieces, 8 sets of gloves, etc... Then you go into the discovery panel and start building out permutations of armor. Your crafting will skyrocket.

Also, in the discovery panel, you can drop an item in, and it'll grey out any incompatible items for recipes.

Eventually, at around 75, you'll unlock major sigils/enchantments/whatever they're called, which take like 8 vials of thin blood per, and that'll help left you up to 125, where the process starts over again.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
30. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 14:30 Flatline

Tumbler wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 14:20:
$30 (approx) for a reward that gets the game. 60 day kickstarter!? Maybe they're going to release a ton more info but this project seems like it's not going anywhere.

I'm somewhat annoyed that SC chose the $30 starting price point to get the game instead of something lower like $20 or even $15. But they had a lot of stuff to show, they have big plans and the idea is to get everyone into an alpha inside of 12 months and a beta after that so at least there is something to consider with the $30 starting point. ($35 now I believe)

This project doesn't have anything to show. (right?) This is kind of like that Shadowrun MMO showing up right after Shadowrun funded. Feels a lot like that. Hey I can make a game too if you guys want?

Well you have 60 days to get something for us to look at...I would have said get that stuff ready first, then start the KS but maybe you didn't want to miss all the attention that is on SC right now?

Yeah if we get art assets, or some kind of prototyping, I'll consider it, but if I don't even see some design documentation I'll pass.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
28. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 13:48 Flatline

Yeah I'm gonna pass.

I kickstarted Shadowrun Returns on not much more, but there was enough "perfect storm" stuff going on that I felt like I could (and should!) take the risk.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched
31. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 4, 2012, 01:59 Flatline

Jeraxle wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 02:05:
Jeraxle wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 23:48:
Is is the patch that actually makes my archer character playable? You know, the one that will allow my arrows to travel further than 5 feet and not immediately drain my stamina?

I've finally figured it out. You have to remove the steady hand perk with "Player.Removeperk 00103ada" and "Player.Removeperk 00103adb". You still get the benefits of Steady Hand but at least it doesn't screw up anything.

Oh so you can't play the game properly and have to spend 20 minutes lining up your shot. Gotcha.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 4, 2012, 01:57 Flatline

Jeraxle wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 23:48:
Is is the patch that actually makes my archer character playable? You know, the one that will allow my arrows to travel further than 5 feet and not immediately drain my stamina?

WTF game are you playing? My main toon is an archer/sneak who routinely 1-shots all but the most bullshit baddies from sometimes absurd distances. Never had a problem, especially with stamina unless I was stuck in slow-mo/zoom mode for too long, which is my own damn fault.

News Comments > Roberts on PC Star Citizen
15. Re: Roberts on PC Star Citizen Nov 3, 2012, 23:21 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 20:57:
So then he's beholden to whoever is giving him the 10 million. How is that a good thing? This is why I said I don't like him doing a KS because he's just using it to prove to a publisher that it's viable, and he really isn't beholden to the KS backers - which he should be. That's why I'm not backing this.

When it turned out to be an MMO with "micro"transactions my heart fell and I decided not to back the game. Especially since it looks like good ships are running around 50 bucks real money to acquire (judging from the reward tiers), you can be sure the grind to get to those ships probably takes FOREVER.

I'll let other people take the plunge.

News Comments > Roberts on PC Star Citizen
5. Re: Roberts on PC Star Citizen Nov 3, 2012, 17:16 Flatline

Tumbler wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 17:00:
It's very exciting to be trying to use newer tech to build better experiences.

The Hornet, for example, can have a turret mounted in it, that turret can be locked to your pilots view so while you're turning in a dogfight and the nose of your ship is coming around you can be looking up aiming your turret and shredding some poor bastard while he's struggling to get guns on you. Add an Oculus Rift into that so you can just look freely anywhere you want and I'm spending lots of money!

It's nice to see someone willing to bet big on a PC game like this. Chris echoed my feelings in one of his speechs, he said that he often buys games on consoles because that is what they're made for. They make a pc version but everyone knows that the experience is intended for the console.

I'm very excited to see how using a complicated flight system and oculus rift is going to be in the game compared to using a keyboard and mouse or a controller. I would guess you'd need to tweak things to make each setup be fun so I'm wondering if there is going to be 3rd person view controls that people with controllers might like and maybe cursor follow controls for mouse and keyboard? It's all very cool to think about trying to make each way fun to play.

Depending on the support, you can get vision tracking already without an oculus rift. They make head-tracking IR hardware that works pretty damn well. It's apparently considered more or less must-have for the hardcore flight sim folks out there.

And moreso than a VR headset (which requires that I memorize, by touch, every function control which would be a nightmare in anything moderately complicated, I'd love to see some real support for using phones and tablets as MFDs.

News Comments > Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced
8. Re: Two TrackMania2 Additions Announced Nov 3, 2012, 15:12 Flatline

Closed Betas wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 20:38:
I bought it in beta to get beta access before I realized UBISOFT bought out the company... Was seriously disappointing, and I don't think UBISOFT understood the social aspect of the game and how it actually worked/works... so that aspect is missing. The fact UBISOFT goes around promoting this title never mentioning their name should be enough suspicion to avoid purchase :D

I think that was my biggest complaint with TM2 that kept me from getting into it deeper. The medal system to unlock the canned tracks were kind of annoying, but moreso I shouldn't have to drop out of the program and hit up Google to find more tracks. And I *really* shouldn't have to fire up the file explorer.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Nov 1, 2012, 21:43 Flatline

Prez wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 18:43:
Is this guy for real? It's the readers' fault? Jesus tap-dancing Christ, I've seen it all now.

Eh while I wouldn't put the loin's share of blame on readers, there's enough blame for everyone to go around.

And readers do reward companies that engage in shenanigans. If you're the type that considers day-one purchases, the pre-launch review is a big deal for you probably, and so you reward companies that butter up game publishers in order to get that advanced shit.

So I think the entire industry clue to earring shares some of the blame pie.

News Comments > Rhode Island Sues Schilling and Others over 38 Studios Deal
4. Re: Rhode Island Sues Schilling and Others over 38 Studios Deal Nov 1, 2012, 21:38 Flatline

It's not a matter of "needing" money, it's a matter of "If we don't get this money we go away" desperation. Which means that if the EDC is legit in this case, 38 studios said "We're doing fine, but with this money we could expand, bring on more people, and make more/bigger games".

But it sounds like it's possible that 38 studios was sending graft back to the EDC. Which again would answer your question.

"Hey, I need money. Say 70 million. Give us a loan for 75 and 5 of it will get 'reinvested in the community' if you know what I mean."

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2012, 18:00 Flatline

Golwar wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 07:47:
I don't get why people always must hate someone. Last time pretty much everyone here hated Eurogamer, considering them to have betrayed Rab. This time Lauren is the target.

Sorry, but it is sickening when the reaction of unaffected third persons is so much harsher than of those affected. Rab himself wrote the first time that he wasn't mad with EG and yet people ignored it.

Here he wrote about his impressions in all details: http://botherer.org/2012/10/26/guest-post-robert-florence-on-the-last-few-days/

So do you think that he considers Lauren to be evil? No? So why do YOU?
She was naive, panicked and probably got some ill advise. She was without a doubt dumb, but that's it. Don't pretend that you never were.

I don't think she's evil by any stretch of the imagination. And if she had just done the C&D legal threat and that was the end of it, yeah, I'd have agreed she was stupid.

But she kept. feeding. the fire. to cover up her own actions. How many "coincidences" do you have to see that rely on one another before it starts being a little hard to swallow? She didn't just make one bad decision, she doubled down on the bad decisions like six or seven different times, and as a public figure (which she strove to be), she brought all the hateraid down on herself.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Nov 1, 2012, 17:57 Flatline

Draugr wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 00:55:
Flatline wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 00:23:
In a perfect world yes her writing career would be in the toilet. Sadly, she ain't going nowhere because she has TITTIES!

No actually, the reason her writing career won't be in the toilet is because she isn't doing anything out of the norm for a gaming 'journalist.' In fact pointing that out is what started this whole thing in the first place. It just so happens she was selected as one of the many people who could have been used as an example. A far more disappointing reason.

So game journalists traditionally threaten legal action when they're quoted? And then instead of WRITING about the situation like a good journalist would, game journalists engage in a system of cover-ups and editing to mask evidence that might support the original statements that they objected to?

If that's the case, game journalism needs to die. Painfully. And then it's corpse needs to be pissed on, burned, the ashes scattered to the wind, and the tongues cut out of anyone who mentions it ever again. Because that's major bullshit.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 1, 2012, 00:23 Flatline

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 20:09:
Lauren is a pathetic cretin who should never make a dime off the industry again. Eurogamer shouldn't have caved; I have read repeatedly that her claims would have not held up in UK court. As an aside, her employer only denied that they made any legal threats in their statement; they never denied she did.

Also, bravo to Atkinson for so eloquently stating why the UK law is so mind-numbingly stupid and evil.

In a perfect world yes her writing career would be in the toilet. Sadly, she ain't going nowhere because she has TITTIES!

Seriously, you go look at her blog, and pretty sick how blatant the pandering is... her about me read something like "I love GAMES and boys (teehee!) and glitter and I write occasionally!"

And she'll catch writing contracts because she's the illusive "female gamer" and is willing to ever so gently sexualize herself to claim she can get the nerds drooling after her.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Sells 5M - Halloween SHiFT Codes
17. Re: Borderlands 2 Sells 5M - Halloween SHiFT Codes Oct 31, 2012, 18:59 Flatline

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 17:22:
I find the key thing to be a waste of time and use a trainer to keep track of them. At LEAST they could do is patch in the ability to cut and paste for the pc.

Which trainer do you use? I'm tired of the key thing too. The last big BL2 thread had mentioned a few but I can't remember them now.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 22:11 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:29:
I wish they weren't doing SoCal again. I'd like to have seen take a stab at something like Chicago, or possibly even somewhere in Europe.

I know it's gotten a bunch of attention as of late, but I always thought that Dubai would make an interesting GTA inspiration for a city. I mean, you have incredibly, unbelievably poor people working in the biggest instance of conspicuous consumption in humanity's history, as well as money, religion, and evangelism all kind of colliding at once.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Plans/Rumors
1. Re: CD Projekt RED Plans/Rumors Oct 28, 2012, 15:29 Flatline

So reading between the lines we probably won't see cyberpunk until late 2014. Merde.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch
5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch Oct 26, 2012, 20:04 Flatline

PHJF wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 19:31:
wtf? IT'S ACTUALLY COMING OUT???

That's what I came here to say. The game has only been in development for like 10 years.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 19:33 Flatline

BobBob wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 15:48:
Businesses strive to make a money. Amazing, isn't it?

American Capitalism: Innovating new ways to charge more money for less product/service.

1864 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo