Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 2182 (Senior)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2013, 16:54 Flatline

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 03:31:
The only "stigma" about contractors is that they're always there hoping to be pulled on full time, and so they're unusually kiss-ass. And up-tight because they're aware that they're kissing too much ass.

(I'm not sure if you were just referring to the game industry, but) I work with more than a few contractors (outside that industry, and was one myself for awhile), and I wouldn't say that was my experience. Provided you're in the right field, you can do your job well without kissing ass or "being uptight", and still be successful.

While I don't think you meant it as such, your blanket statement was a little...insensitive?, I guess. It's not like that everywhere...

I was describing the perception of contractors, not the actual reality.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2013, 02:56 Flatline

Sepharo wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 01:33:
Is that any different anywhere? The contractors are always the outsiders... that's kind of the point. Yeah if you're the best contractor and you mesh well with the team you might get hired on as a full employee with benefits.

I have a bit of a bias against low (and some supposedly high) level software contractors. I feel like they couldn't make it as a full employee somewhere and end up at the contract house. Now they hop from company to company crapping up the code. Sounds harsh but I kind of question the intelligence of someone choosing to sign up with a contract house. Though I do realize that's the only option sometimes (gotta eat) and it's not inconceivable that I'll end up at one someday.

The only "stigma" about contractors is that they're always there hoping to be pulled on full time, and so they're unusually kiss-ass. And up-tight because they're aware that they're kissing too much ass.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2013, 02:55 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on May 31, 2013, 23:19:
The problem with making game software is that it's a 2 year cycle and you only need certain kinds of people for short periods of that cycle. You need the concept artists for a couple months, ditto sound and soundtrack guys. You need QA for six. If the company is only working on one project, it's hard not to use contractors.

This author had success doing music, with IMDB credits even. You'd think he'd be able to get a job in the audio department. Strange that he'd try and start in QA.

Look at the resume masquerading as an article. His music experience up to that point was a string of failed adventures and walking away from projects/businesses/opportunities. I'd be afraid of hiring *anyone* like that. Hell he even stopped showing up before the end of his contract.

I'll be honest, most of the A-AAA budget music/audio is pretty good these days. 20 years ago this guy totally could have gotten in with a AAA studio and been lead audio within a couple years, but that was 20 years ago when Westwood Studios was asking for lead project developers... and video game development experience was preferred but not mandatory.

QA is a meatgrinder, and to expecting it to be a fast-track into the industry is a goddamn joke.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
45. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 30, 2013, 04:03 Flatline

HorrorScope wrote on May 29, 2013, 12:22:
Xero wrote on May 29, 2013, 11:23:
So Blizzard take 10 years to complete a single game within their current franchises but then when it comes to putting out a new IP they axe it? lol.

I must get a job there:

A. I will rise quickly.
B. I can sit around and do little and get a check for a decade before they catch on.

I always wanted to work for a more liberal company, really.

The friend I had that worked in call support said it was a fantastic place to work at, even though they paid the CS people shit. There was always rock band or some kind of shindig or the full gym or something else to do if you ever looked around and realized you worked your ass off for 10 bucks an hour and never was going to move anywhere in the company.

Then they sacked most of their WOW-related CS and she got a job that didn't have rock band marathons until 2am, but did pay her triple what she made under the Big B.

I generally got the impression it was kind of a party over there for years.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
38. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 16:54 Flatline

ASeven wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:53:
Verno wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:43:
I would rather they start over than shit out some derivative MMO. Better yet go make Warcraft 4 or hell just make a new non-MMO game.

After D3 I no longer trust them to do quality games like they used to pre-D3. Only S2 seems to be the exception and even so the latest HotS doesn't seem to advance the game that much compared to the first episode of S2.

And considering that Starcraft 2 was generally considered to be Starcraft 1.5, that's not saying much.

News Comments > X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 - Shady Business Released
15. Re: X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 - Shady Business Released May 29, 2013, 14:10 Flatline

Creston wrote on May 29, 2013, 12:15:
Illumin wrote on May 28, 2013, 23:42:
Rebirth just better come out before Star Citizen. Once Star Citizen is out Rebirth will be put on the back burner of games to buy for a long time.

I don't think Egosoft is too worried. The X games have their own (pretty large) following, and they will buy Rebirth no matter what. Most of them will likely just buy both games.

Creston

I appreciate the heads up. I ended up watching a youtube tutorial (I bailed after like part 7) to get my bearings and went with a modified version of a starting strategy I found online that was specific to TC.

Basically, humble merchant start, but you sell your Mercury hauler off and use the funds to max out your Discoverer. Full engines, rudder, cargo hold, duplex scanner, mineral scanner, trade interface unit, and a few other things. Which makes no sense as a merchant first off. But then I just decided to tour the universe. I was fast- nearly 400m/s, so I could run from most combat, and started picking up missions. At first you can't do f*ck-all. I'd actually suggest if you went that route to pick up a cargo bay life support unit from the pirate base for the taxi missions that don't require troop or passenger transport capability. Pirates will let you dock and shouldn't harass you at first, since your'e so goddamn neutral.

I take every single goddamn asteroid scanning mission I can find. The base pay is 1000k per asteroid, and you'll usually scan 9 or so. Pay scales with reputation, and right now for about 10 minutes real time work I'm making 100k or so per mission.

I take any taxi mission that looks to pay well or is on my way. They pay anywhere from kind of crap (2k or so) up to not bad (I've gotten 50k for running to the next sector). Humans take up a disturbing amount of cargo space, so you can't jump as far when you're doing taxi missions because your disco's hold, fully maxed out, is like 47 units.

I'll take the retrieve missions as I can, depending on the time they give me. They don't pay very awesome, but they're kind of fire and forget. I avoid the "stolen" ships, because there's combat involved there, but abandoned ones are easy enough. I hate the retrieve missions though because I don't get to see where the ship is. I've had one mission so far where there was no earthly way I could get the ship back in time, even jumping straight to it. For that I guess you need a troop carrier with jumpdrive to dock and jump the bastard back to a relevant sector. Otherwise, impound duty is pretty easy.

As soon as you get 100k together you want a jumpdrive. Very useful for high paying missions that have a severe time limit on them.

After that, the guide suggested digging up a triplex scanner for even bigger scan radius, and of course before too long you'll want to pick your hauler back up so you can start trading remotely for income while you do other stuff.

At that point I might follow your suggestion and start doing a little piracy. Or you could go fleet trader route, or whatever. Upgrading your disco is probably not a bad idea either, but by this point you should be able to do that with one or two missions, which bring in the reputation like gangbusters.

For interface stuff, I watched the first several of these tutorials. There's about an hour of them, but you can watch them while you're downloading the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p73C60btBi8

I finally feel like I have my feet under me.

Here's the humble merchant start strategy I used (with some modifications)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2615996

Also, you can only save via salvage insurance or docking at a station. DON'T F*CK UP BY NEVER DOCKING ANYWHERE. I made this mistake last time I tried to learn this game.

News Comments > X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 - Shady Business Released
6. Re: X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 - Shady Business Released May 28, 2013, 22:27 Flatline

Creston wrote on May 28, 2013, 20:50:
Yosemite Sam wrote on May 28, 2013, 20:38:
Will fire up AP at some point, but after putting 450 hours into TC recently I'm burned out... with all the uber greed in the industry sure is nice to see this kind of support.

AP is very similar to TC, just a lot more refined technically. More community scripts etc, and some of the big names have changed. Other than that it's really the same game.

But yeah, Egosoft is awesome support-wise. Right up there with CD Projekt.

Creston

I'd *really* like to get into this, but it always seemed like the learning curve was particularly steep. Is there a good intro guide to AP floating around out there? Most of the startup guides I found for X3 ended up being high-level discussions for people who are already super familiar with the game.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed May 26, 2013, 15:43 Flatline

Draugr wrote on May 26, 2013, 15:30:
Flatline wrote on May 26, 2013, 15:12:
Cutter wrote on May 26, 2013, 13:51:
The only problem I have with real money being utilized is then it becomes class warfare where those with money can buy anything they want/need while those who don't can't. And isn't that one of the main draws of games? The escape from reality? Where you can be uber and forget about things like money problems for a while?

Well in theory yes. This isn't about the player side though, this whole clusterfuck arises from wanting residual income and legitimizing gold farmers by taking 15% (which ironically didn't work).

And as far as residuals and new revenue streams, D3 is a success. I mean, they haven't released *any* new content have they? They released some rule systems to let you keep grinding past level cap but that's not *really* new content is it?

10 years ago Blizzard would have had to have resorted to expansion packs and DLC and new content in order to continue bringing in a revenue stream. Instead, they just sit there and scrape the cream off the top of the pot for people who are addicted to the game. I actually wonder if we will see a significant expansion/content update.

Correlation =/= causation. Them not releasing new content by now has nothing directly to do with the revenue generation d3 is currently doing. Using your same reasoning, they should have never released wow expansions or content because it was making them lots of money. I would almost say you are drawing the opposite conclusion than you should. If they had the momentum they wanted, they would keep that going, if it comes lurching to a halt (due to something like bad gameplay/desgin decisions.) then that's something they are going to need to address before they can get those people to dumb extra money on more of your game. I'd say more content not coming out has more to do with the current state of the game rather than they are satisfied with the revenue.

In addition to that, the ps3/4 release is getting worked on. This at least gives them the chance to sell you the game twice, (since the new version had a lot of the stuff people wanted in the original release.) I imagine they will worry about an expansion after this - Provided the changes and (and in turn the population) warrant it.

As others have mentioned, it's funny to think they have these issues considering the influence they can have on it, and supposedly they have economists who are working on this thing.

Actually, when subscriber numbers started to dip or more likely were projected to dip, they'd release a new WoW expansion to keep people interested.

I forgot about the PS3 version however. You're absolutely right there.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed May 26, 2013, 15:12 Flatline

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2013, 13:51:
The only problem I have with real money being utilized is then it becomes class warfare where those with money can buy anything they want/need while those who don't can't. And isn't that one of the main draws of games? The escape from reality? Where you can be uber and forget about things like money problems for a while?

Well in theory yes. This isn't about the player side though, this whole clusterfuck arises from wanting residual income and legitimizing gold farmers by taking 15% (which ironically didn't work).

And as far as residuals and new revenue streams, D3 is a success. I mean, they haven't released *any* new content have they? They released some rule systems to let you keep grinding past level cap but that's not *really* new content is it?

10 years ago Blizzard would have had to have resorted to expansion packs and DLC and new content in order to continue bringing in a revenue stream. Instead, they just sit there and scrape the cream off the top of the pot for people who are addicted to the game. I actually wonder if we will see a significant expansion/content update.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
44. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 16:49 Flatline

On a different note, the new Xbox is interetsting in that it's supposedly supporting Azure in a big way.

That makes sense: Server 2012 is mostly about breaking down barriers between cloud computing and the local network. It's a paradigm Microsoft is pushing hard.

It's actually pretty smart to pull the console into Azure. It's a shot across Amazon Web Service's bows, and the technology surely needs to mature to compete with the Mothership. What better way to do that than to tie in a fast moving, iterative market that will help offset the cost of maturing cloud computing?

I don't see how it's going to help graphically, but I can see a cloud computing solution doing some pretty interesting stuff: Say, in the next elder scrolls you have 100% permanent everything. Everything you ever do in the game is recorded and the effects can be revisited. Scorch marks on cave walls from fireballs will always be there. NPCs can remember what conversation topics you discussed with them and react accordingly. Big Data where speed of access isn't vital.

Or how about a Call of Duty game that monitors SP behavior and multiplayer behavior and uses all that deep data to improve enemy AI?

There's a lot of possibility there. It's a shame MS is cocking the console up so hard though.

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
59. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 23, 2013, 13:36 Flatline

eRe4s3r wrote on May 23, 2013, 13:00:
No and yes.. I guess? I want 1 Linux Distro that is the Main distro. No other should be supported (officially) by Steam or game developers. Sounds like a dick move, but that is what is needed to make Linux gaming mainstream. If you can tell someone "Just install Ubuntu 13 and press on default install when it asks you" and that then runs ALL Linux Games in existence, has a PERFECT GUI, has 100% installer support, has a simple way for game installs to register to a non-voodoo location, a simple way to interface with standard libraries for sound/network/graphics/peripherals. Then you have something that will become BIG. And not a 1% figure at the back end of the steam stats.

All this choice is good for specialized things and I love it even for my own uses (Custom NAS with embedded Unix) but for gaming there must be 1 distro to rule them All. Linux needs a Distro that is like Windows. Not in looks or functions necessarily, but in dominance of the platform.

So yes, I want a Linux Distro that is like Windows in a sense, but I don't want all linux distros to be like that. I only want 1 of them that dominates, that is the DEFAULT distro for gaming basically.

And for that, the Linux kernel development needs to be bitch slapped into a committee. No change in the Kernel is allowed to break compatibility with ANY game that runs on the "game distro". Only then is nix gaming going to be awesome. Because you can buy games in the knowledge that a random kernel update won't break it. (I have updated Windows from XP through to 7 and my games from XP times still work, and the nix distro for gaming needs to offer that much stability..)

I don't want to sound that negative by the way, I just don't see how there is ever going to be an linux based gaming OS without some major changes to how the Distro's and the kernel devs interact.

You actually are pretty close to that with iOS. You have some backwards compatibility issues (not nearly as much as earlier iOS versions) but in the end everything you want is right there. Android is probably a closer representation of what it would look like in a world of non-standardized hardware, but again, there's no reason why someone couldn't do it so long as they're willing to kill several of the sacred cows of Linux.

57. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 23, 2013, 13:29 Flatline

Trashy wrote on May 22, 2013, 23:56:
Flatline wrote on May 22, 2013, 23:42:
Everything I'm hearing about Linux is that it's busy ripping off everything that made Windows a pain in the ass and importing none of the good shit.

Well it sounds like you don't even know what Linux is.

Linux isn't one OS, hell it's not even an OS by itself. It's a collection of software with a kernel.. There are hundreds of distributions as heavy or light weight as you want.. Not one company or entity owns it.. If you don't like how one distribution does things you can switch to another. Google made their own OS (Android) around the Linux Kernel.

This does complicate gaming a bit though...

Oh christ I know what Linux is. And one of it's components for the end-user is a GUI, and from what I've read (which isn't much, but occasionally I see a tech article or slashdot article come up about it) is how several of the popular GUIs out there are moving towards windows paradigms and adopting it's worst GUI features.

Now I know the proper response here is either "write your own you stupid shitface" or "Super obscure not really useful GUI X blows anything else out of the water" or "CLI 4EVER!", but those aren't valid options for 99% of the population.

The two most successful flavors of *nix right now in the main stream are MacOS and Android, and both of those bury Linux under a mountain of GUI and are probably the *least* *nix like. Yeah you can drop down to CLI with MacOS, but most people never will.

Wanna know why Linux gaming is a dead end? Nobody wants to fuck with it. Period. It's why consoles sell hundreds of millions of sets of hardware. It's why iOS is so popular and fans of the iphone are loyal. They just want it to fucking work.

29. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 23:42 Flatline

Icewind wrote on May 22, 2013, 22:25:
NKD wrote on May 22, 2013, 21:41:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on May 22, 2013, 21:27:
Yawn. Steam's taking baby steps onto Linux - in a decade I wonder if anyone's going to have to care about Windows at all when it comes to gaming.

Even if by some miracle Linux was to take off as a gaming platform, what exactly do we gain other than saving a few bucks on a software license every 4-6 years?

You're looking at it backwards. It's not what you gain, but what you don't have to worry about LOSING.

With a reliance on Windows you are letting MS gradually take away your rights to your games and limiting your access (Or at least making it more unintuitive to do) to your OS with every new version.

Would you really rather have your gaming machine ruled by MS? I'd gladly take Linux which has no ulterior motive, no shareholders to please and no need to placate casual folks with dumbed down interfaces and buried OS options.

Sure, 10 years ago people said the same thing about Linux...but ten years ago Linux didn't have one of the biggest software companies on Earth standing behind them.

Everything I'm hearing about Linux is that it's busy ripping off everything that made Windows a pain in the ass and importing none of the good shit.

Which is exactly what happens when you get one of the biggest software companies on earth standing behind them.

The 5 years for MS going away is bullshit too. Windows products put out crappy products every other revision it seems like these days, and they have 2-3 "windows 8" style launches in their past now. Yeah yeah, smartphones tablets etc... But all those run on infrastructure past the user's device, and a lot of that is MS product.

Microsoft is such a mind-mindbogglingly large company that I doubt you could name all the products they put out. Betting that the xbox division and windows 8 will tank MS's relevancy is kind of funny because it shows how little is realized about the company.

Even when I predict a "downfall" for Apple in the wake of losing Steve Jobs, I'm talking 10-15 years. And even then it'll still look like an attractive, relevant company. It just won't be riding the wave it's at right now.

MS has a massive enterprise half of their business, and they're rolling out a new generation of enterprise software that will sustain them just fine. They're also pushing hard Microsoft Azure, which is basically cloud-based hosting with an emphasis on SQL. They're taking on the behemoth that is Amazon Web Services, but they have an advantage over Amazon: Server 2013 is designed to integrate really smoothly between cloud and LAN resources.

Now, if in 5 years they do another Windows 8 and not another WinXP or Win7, then they might be in trouble at the end of *that* cycle. If they fuck up hard like they did putting Metro UI on Server, like they did in 2013, where it has no earthly right to exist, then yes, I can see trouble. But a 5 year doom cycle? Hardly. Hell it's taken Sony almost 10 years to get where they are right now financially.

5. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 20:15 Flatline

ASeven wrote on May 22, 2013, 20:10:
The fact is that MS gets their money from the Windows and Office divisions, their entertainment division has been a money sink from the start. Now they alienate not only PC gamers but console gamers as well. Mark my words, MS is about to come down, hard. They do not have the money to withstand a failure of both the Windows front and the Entertainment front, MS is no longer the behemoth it was in financial terms.

This is the beginning of the end for MS as a relevant company, calling it right here.

I gotta start charging a nickle for every time someone predicts MS is going down the toilet. I wouldn't have to work any more.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation May 21, 2013, 20:18 Flatline

ASeven wrote on May 21, 2013, 20:10:
Redmask wrote on May 21, 2013, 19:49:
Xbox One instantly boots from a rest state.

Glad that the consoles have finally discovered S3 Sleep.

My favorite bit so far was hearing the Giantbomb guys talk about how the audience and press were dumbfounded and that the only people clapping were MS employees in the back.

MS really, really dropped the ball on this one. With Win8 doing abysmally and now this I wouldn't be surprised if real harsh financial times will be the future of MS in the mid-term.

Xbox One may become the disappointment of the decade. Always online, blocking used sales? WTF were they thinking?? No wonder EA dropped the online pass thing to pretend to be the good guys.

No they didn't. They're going to drop a fortune on exclusive games to ram this into the market and get people accustomed to it. And people will buy it in droves.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
67. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 17:29 Flatline

Beamer wrote on May 21, 2013, 17:20:
Redmask wrote on May 21, 2013, 17:15:
nin wrote on May 21, 2013, 17:13:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 21, 2013, 17:09:
I find the Blu-Ray player in the xbox pretty amusing

They're trying to slide that one under the radar.

Along with the online requirements and Kinect datamining, looks like that patent was the real deal.

You really think this thing has the power to not only serve you video or play games but also see if you, sitting 6-10 feet away, are drinking Coke or Pepsi?

If they finally put a processor on board the kinect like they originally did, then yes, I suspect that it could do that if/when it wasn't doing anything else. It already does facial recognition.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter
17. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter May 21, 2013, 17:25 Flatline

Orogogus wrote on May 21, 2013, 14:02:
Darks wrote on May 21, 2013, 12:54:
I never wish Ill will on someone trying to make a game, but I hope this one fails so they understand that gamers are not looking for MP PVP only games

Unless they are, and you're wrong. On the side of MP-only you have TF2, CS, all the MOBAs, Battlefield, plus games that might as well not exist without MP (Starcraft, Call of Duty). Whatever's bad about CoD, every tenant I've had who was in the military has had an Xbox to play CoD with his friends and/or relatives.

And on the flip side the sci-fi giant robot/spaceship genre is pretty damned niche. Freespace 2 is regarded as best in class, but was one of the big commercial flops of the PC game industry. I don't know how the Mechwarrior games have sold, but it can't be that spectacular if every single numbered title has had a different development team.

I don't really have any interest in a MP-only title, either, but the audience for SP really might not be large enough for anything other than smaller, much less ambitious games with much less than cutting-edge graphics. And, well, hilariously grandiose Kickstarters, but that one might surprise me.

And yet you have games on the horizon like GTA5, which will probably sink a quarter billion into development and be a primarily single-player game. All of the games that are attracting attention and buzz are single-player focused games: Watchdogs and assassin's creed games (yeah there's multiplayer but that's not the focus draw), Bioshock Infinite was SP only and lit the charts on fire. If we dig into the previous year there's all kinds of SP centric games that did gangbusters: Far Cry 3 lived on it's SP, as did Dishonored, as did x-com, which again had MP but was not the primary draw for the game.

There's *plenty* of market for single player games. They're just harder to make than a multiplayer centric game. With an online MP only game, you have to balance the game (which is a big enough problem for most devs). With SP, you have to balance the game AND make interesting, engaging content.

57. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 17:03 Flatline

Xero wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:51:
Those specs will be fossilized to PC gamers in a few years but that's norm. Console looks great upon release and then slowly drifts into the back end as the games always look better and run better on the PC. I for one got exhausted with consoles the day N64 died, lol. I'll never go back. They are fun when you do a fighting game with a few friends over while drinking some beers, but what else? lol.

Even when they're fossilized there's something to be said for a dedicated hardware platform that, in theory, never changes. You can program tricks and loopholes that won't exist in a more heterogeneous market like the PC. Eventually you'll hit the ceiling, but you get a surprising lifespan out of console hardware.

51. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 16:44 Flatline

Orogogus wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:40:
LittleMe wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:31:
NegaDeath wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:27:
Orogogus wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:12:
In my scenario the Kinect was watching what the person was drinking like an electronic stalker and recommended a brand change.

Mountain Dew is a PepsiCo brand, though.

Ugh fine, change Pepsi to Coke or something.

Um... It's the creepy unwanted electronic stalker in your living room aspect that he wanted to convey, not who owns who or what exact brand would be advertised.

Obviously, yes. But still, the ones he threw out there wouldn't make sense in the scenario.

Jesus you split hairs.

46. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 16:32 Flatline

Yosemite Sam wrote on May 21, 2013, 16:30:
Well watched the whole thing and my first impression seems correct. Microsoft innovated for non-gamers, odd for a game machine, seems the only thing Microsoft did for gamers was buy exclusives. From a purely video game standpoint, the PS4 looks to be the clear winner.

It's not that weird: MS has been saying since pre-360 that it wants to dominate the living room as a one-stop-shop for multimedia. This move has been telegraphed for nearly 10 years.

2182 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo