Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 1891 (Pro)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Pressure Next Month
4. Re: Pressure Next Month Feb 27, 2013, 15:24 Flatline

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 11:01:
Don't understand why any developer wastes time on a steampunk themed game. Just not much demand for such anymore.

Actually steampunk is still a growing "thing". I'm ready for it to go away, since apparently steampunk has come to mean gluing some random gears onto a hat and spray-painting your nerf gun silver and bronze and wearing goggles, instead of shit like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf_2E-J44bY

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homeworld and Remaining THQ IPs for Sale
29. Re: Homeworld and Remaining THQ IPs for Sale Feb 27, 2013, 15:15 Flatline

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 09:14:
Some of those are surprising.....esp the first 2.

Darksiders stands as one of two games I ever sold back to Gamestop. 2/3 through the game I quit. I had no interest in the game, the combat was uninspired, and the whole thing just seemed underwhelming.

DS2 I skipped. I heard it was marginally better.

Part of the problem is that when I think "4 horsemen of the apocalypse" I think of... well.. the Apocalypse. Not hundreds or thousands of years post apocalypse in yet another crumbled ruins setting.

If I felt more like I had been wandering through the ruins of humanity, I probably would have been more engaged. Instead within 10 minutes of passing the first level I more or less totally forgot I was on Earth and was War incarnate and just kind of settled into "bland fantasy beat-em-up #347"

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
36. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 18:20 Flatline

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 17:50:
HAHAHAH Told ya. I have 75 Golden Keys to use...

If he doesn't want to get "skewered" then they MUST include that toon in the season pass - otherwise you just shit on your customers.

Not much more than a week ago he said "we aren't raising the levelcap it breaks everything"

The levelcap DLC will be the one piece of DLC I'll be surprised if it is included in the season pass. I mean, think about it. It's the *one* piece of DLC that *everyone* will want to get if they're going to buy any DLC. So you charge separately for that.

Or if you're REALLY evil, you make the level cap raise an exclusive bonus to the season pass 2.

News Comments > Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed?
4. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 18:12 Flatline

Slick wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 18:01:
black flag can be used just like "false flag"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

this has nothing to do with pirates.... *facepalm*

i wonder if jack sparrow will do a cameo?

True, but it makes more sense to have a pirate game more than a Man o' War centric game. Far more opportunity for action than blockading a port for 3 years.

But all that aside, it's obvious that this is going to be an early 1980's Assassin's Creed focusing on the Punk Rock movement, and that Henry Rollins is TOTALLY an Assassin.

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
27. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 14:45 Flatline

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 12:36:
It's a good thing Gearbox stole art assets to help make such a successful game for Randy to hide behind.

I don't see any stolen art assets in that article. I see similar artistic styles, but that's a long, long, long way away from flat out stealing art assets.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2013, 14:40 Flatline

ASeven wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 12:14:
Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:55:
Blizzard to PC gamers: FUCK YOU.

But hey, keep buying their games, guys. Good job.

This so many times.

Blizzard just shat on everyone who bought D3. I hope people now refrain from giving these guys their money.

We're back to hating Blizzard in this thread? I thought we were sucking blizzard's cock in the Starcraft 2 threads.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
25. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 16:59 Flatline

bigspender wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:01:
I'm not buying those comments from "people that have connections to the game"
Especially about the graphics. It wasn't just coding, lighting and texture quality that are different between the e3 demo and real thing. You levels themselves are entirely different layouts with different art assets etc
The e3 demo is defs a "This is how we want the game to be" scripted/orchastrated or even pre-rendered sequence. And then they tried to make the game that way and failed. miserably.

I also don't buy the "SEGA and the two developers couldnt agree on the type of game they were making" you're telling they didnt have things planned out?

Actually if you look at the youtube "what the hell went wrong" video, the geometry architecture is actually almost A/B identical in most places, with a few sections completely overhauled and changed.

And if you don't buy the communications SNAFU, you obviously haven't read enough postmortems about the clusterf*ck that goes on between publishers and devs. It's pretty common. Not nearly to this extent, but it still happens a lot.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
9. Re: you are joking... right? Feb 25, 2013, 16:00 Flatline

Shataan wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 15:46:
"There is also an explanation of why the shipping game looks worse than the E3 demo, saying it was coded for high-end PCs, and was way over "performance budget" for older PCs"

So basicly the release version was dumbed down to make the PC compatible with the consoles??? Because what we got was pretty far from looking like it was coded for High End PCs. Their explaination doesn`t hold water imo. The average home PC right now is far more powerful than what was the norm 5 to 7 years ago.

They should at least try to pass off a more plausible reason for why the demo vid footage walks all over the Final Release visuals. Nice but rather lamer try.

It holds perfect water to me if the contract requires equal fidelity across PC, Xbox, and the PS3.

The PS3 seems to always be the cranky console that fucks up. If Sega demanded equivalency across platforms, and I can easily see that, then the entire game is limited by essentially the lowest common denominator.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
31. Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 24, 2013, 16:24 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 20:39:
Fibrocyte wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 20:05:
Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 15:17:
Google glasses - $1500 to show the world what a pathetic douchebag you are.

Translation: I hate what I can't afford.

I can afford it easily. I'm just not a douchebag that's attached to gadgets I don't need. Even cell phones, the vast majority of people don't even need one, yet they can't stop walking around yammering away and texting on them for no real reason at all. This is just another useless device for assholes. I can hardly wait to see when it starts killing all these idiots who are going to be distracted walking into traffic, etc. from wearing those stupid things. People that fill the emptiness in their life with needless toys are just sad.

Says the man who spends inordinate amounts of time commenting on a website that posts news about video games.

You're like 3 levels deep into "needless toys" land here yourself.

News Comments > Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO
1. Re: Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO Feb 21, 2013, 16:33 Flatline

How sad. That's more or less the end of an era...  

News Comments > TrackMania2 Stadium Info "Very Soon"
1. Re: TrackMania2 Stadium Info Feb 21, 2013, 16:33 Flatline

I loved TrackMania but for a game that thrived necessarily on the community, they didn't make it easy to download new tracks and play them.

Terrible, terrible social infrastructure design there.

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
19. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 21:11 Flatline

This is just a wordy version of "Bungie made you their bitch, so get ready to suck it down."  

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
15. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:55 Flatline

Dear Bungie:

Fuck you you arrogant twats. You just lost a customer.

News Comments > Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations
19. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 12:50 Flatline

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 09:17:
A proper Aliens RPG ala Mass Effect would be.. pretty damn epic. Sadly, with the idiots at Sega at the helm we can expect this franchise to be dead.

Yeah, an ME style action RPG set in the Aliens universe would be pretty badass.

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
29. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 22:55 Flatline

nin wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 20:17:
Flatline wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 19:48:
Yawn. I'm going back to play more System Shock 2.

I'll celebrate that with some Witcher...

An entirely agreeable alternative!

News Comments > Open Source Natural Selection 2 Lua Toolkit Released
4. Re: Open Source Natural Selection 2 Lua Toolkit Released Feb 17, 2013, 22:16 Flatline

DangerDog wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 14:49:
They have an update to the game in the works called "gorgeous", announcement is targeted as "soon" according to posts on the official forums.

To be fair though, NS2 was coming "soon" for nearly 10 years.

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
12. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 19:48 Flatline

Yawn. I'm going back to play more System Shock 2.  

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer
18. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 16, 2013, 16:32 Flatline

saluk wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 16:08:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 15:10:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 14:40:
I think people nit pick too much. I'll leave it at that. I think this is just meant to market the license and have some fun. It definitely isn't aimed at diehard fans of the original series.

Have diehard Star Trek fans accepted the reboot on a whole? I found it to be atrocious, the recasting of most of the characters was decent enough but everything else felt so opposite of what Star Trek should be. Just look at that freeze frame from this video clip, pretty movie accurate. How did something that god awful ever get approved.

Some fans like it and some don't. I loved it. I don't get the whole "what star trek should be" thing when it's been so many things over the years. The whole alternate reality thing was a bit cheesy, but you can pick a handful of cheesier worse things in any series of the show. And if you don't like it, that conceit makes it pretty easy for you to just not accept it as canon - because it isn't really.

And the movie was on the whole a lot better than the last few next gen films. It's not even close to the worst of the Trek films.

This game on the other hand looks pretty bad. And the narrator sounds like someone watching the trailer for the first time and narrating it without having a clue about the game, the license, or any knowledge of game design whatsoever.

Time travel was so goddamn cliche in Star Trek that it was an uphill struggle to get me on board with the alternate reality thing. It's been done, very well, in a few instances (ST 4 and the DS9 episode where they went "behind the scenes" in the trouble with tribbles, that was EXCELLENT), but generally speaking I would have preferred a new reboot instead of an alternate reality.

As much as I like Simon Pegg, Scotty was there for comedy relief. In fact, it seems like a lot of characters were there for comedy relief. The reboot actually felt less like Star Trek and more like someone whose closest familiarity with Star Trek was Galaxy Quest. I don't understand why sci-fi has to have comedy relief in it these days anyway, but it seems to be the big thing. I'm fine with the occasional funny beat, but introducing goofy over the top characters for a laugh in an otherwise straight story is a hollywood cliche that needs to die.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 16, 2013, 01:10 Flatline

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 22:50:
The funny thing is that an Audi A6 is terribly out-dated and in-efficient. Compare the Tesla to a Toyota Prius and things look very different...

Also your math is kinda flawed. a 85kw battery for the Tesla for example, needs to be charged with 102kw since about 20% is lost on charge.

Any way you look at it, a tesla is a terrible idea. Less range, higher cost. There is also the tiny problem that trying to find a recharge location is going to be very challenging in the rural areas....

It's still a maturing technology though. If you don't work at it, it'll never "get there". The supercharge stations are a big step forward, bringing your charge time down to reasonable levels.

The physics is there. Electric cars are insanely efficient from a physics standpoint. Last I heard something like 98% efficiency at the top end, and 90% or higher efficiency is totally achievable, vs the 20-30% efficiency of modern combustion engines. They're also a fraction of the size and weight of a modern internal combustion engine. What's *not* there is the battery technology, the chemists, but that's improving. Ten years ago batteries didn't perform like they do now, in another ten years the chemistry will probably be there to eliminate a lot of the issues with modern batteries, or we'll have moved onto something else.

Tesla is the first "practical" electrical car line that has hit the market. Is the technology mature? Not really, but that we've gotten to this point is a good thing. Personally, I think that the solution in the long term is probably to ditch most batteries and run induction cables through the road so that you're pulling power from a very smart grid instead of storing power in your car. If you need to travel off the grid, internal combustion or a small fuel cell would be adequate.

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Plans
22. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 18:04 Flatline

Oh wait we're back to sucking Blizzard dick because they're the most awesome of awesome? I didn't get the memo.  

1891 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo