Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 2175 (Senior)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
28. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 13:33 Flatline

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:34:
I'm Hudson, sir. He's Hicks.

Came for this quote.

Leaving satisfied.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released Dec 9, 2014, 22:22 Flatline

JohnBirshire wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 20:37:
I've had a bug that makes me unable to progress, after numerous open tickets, I am unsubbing in 3 days.

It wants me to finish a mission I've already finished, and won't let me finish it.

Yeah, as ridiculous as it sounds.

Yeah I heard about that. It's been known since the early launch last week. Pretty bad.

Which sucks. I just jumped back in after being gone since the original subscription and was sort of enjoying myself. I'll still play through the free stuff, and may sub for a month to get the hutt cartel thing, but yeah... crappy.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
39. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 9, 2014, 11:08 Flatline

Darks wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 20:40:
Taking a guess at this, but I get the feeling they are delaying because they saw DAI and saw some things that peeked their interest and feel that now they need to make some changes to make their game better.

Nah. They're pushing this game from 3 months out to 6 months out. They should be largely feature locked.

Plus, it's their MO to release a director's edition/uber patch that introduces stuff like that a year after the game ships.

They should be polishing right now like a motherf*cker.

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
27. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 16:26 Flatline

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 14:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 13:27:
bobbyric wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 13:13:
D&D franchise would just be a nightmare (why do you figure Bioware stopped working with wizards of the coast)

Yeah I wish someone in the "know" would talk about the why and how concerning this... is there any known reason why absolutely NO DEV AT ALL touches DnD 4.0 rulesets for games ?

Because WotC are beyond fucking terrible to work with.

This. They also are quite literally not sure how to approach the concept of computers and the net.

Remember when 4th ed came out and they initially promised a gargantuan suite of apps? Remember when all we got was a rather robust player character editor? And remember how as time went on that got nerfed into something that was barely useable, and you had to subscribe to use it?

They're doing it again with 5th edition. Originally they were going to have this gargantuan software suite called Dungeonscape. They recently shit-canned it because it was more ambitious than 5th ed was in totality.

Here's an article on the situation that was interesting to me:

http://www.madadventurers.com/dungeonscape-the-fellowship-of-the-thing/

Mearls is probably the worst thing to happen to D&D in the last 20 years.

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
26. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 16:22 Flatline

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:43:
Unlike PoE there is still room for more rpg's with the new DnD ruleset (exactly zero games use 4.0)

Correction, the new ruleset is 5e now. Not 4. WOTC abandoned 4th edition completely about 18-24 months ago.

Besides, every WoW clone and WoW MMO basically has the same ability engine that 4th edition had.

News Comments > Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under
14. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 3, 2014, 11:38 Flatline

Beamer wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 10:52:
Yes, the mission with stalking the celebrity is really gross, easily the worst part of a game with an already awful plot, but that's the only thing particularly bad that I remember.

Seriously that's the only "bad" thing you remember? Paparrazzi/stalking is worse than the mission that you torture the fuck out of someone?

News Comments > London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year
22. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 3, 2014, 11:16 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 00:22:
Fion wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 23:40:
Not all AS games suck or are bad ports. Sure most of the better ones are older, when they had one dev group working on each game instead of spreading it so thin and giving so little time to each group to each game. AS2 & Brotherhood stand out. Black Flag is quite fun but also extremely formulaic but it's sea-faring niche makes it worth the sale price.

I'm hoping it doesn't suck because Victorian England sounds like a fun place to assassinate bad-guys in.

Spot on. I thought the first Ass Creed was terrible too, but 2, Brohood, and Black Flag are all really good. Revelations and 3 weren't bad, but nothing to write home about either.

My favorite AC memory still is from Brotherhood, where my target ran into the Pantheon in Rome, and I assassinated his ass through the Oculus, like 150 feet straight down, breaking my fall on my target.

Realistic? Hell no. But one of the cooler gaming moments I've had in recent memory.

Edit: I really wish we'd see eastern AC games to change things up. Either that or bite the bullet and go full Noir/pulp fiction, and set things in late 20's LA or San Francisco. I'd avoid New York mainly because you'd basically be making a batman game. Ditch the hood for a fedora that's vaguely reminiscent of an eagle's beak and the overcoat for something more time appropriate. Hire some really top notch dialog people that can channel Chandler or Dashiell Hammett. Hell that'd be the perfect game for a femme fatale protagonist.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Dec 2, 2014, 17:24 Flatline

Julio wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 16:12:
$2,500 is too low. Where's the options for $10k, $20k, even design a custom ship for custom pricing?

So much more room to fleece those who want to pay to win.

I can just see the giant gilded cock & balls drifting gracefully through space.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Trauma DLC
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Trauma DLC Dec 2, 2014, 17:10 Flatline

So is this worth the 25 bucks that Steam has it for the core game?  

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail
14. Re: Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail Dec 2, 2014, 12:44 Flatline

I have about 20 rather successful kickstarters under my belt, but then again I mainly have kickstarted board games. Usually by that point the mechanics are done or just about done and all that is needed is tweaking or balancing/polishing.

The only two software kickstarters I have backed are Star Citizen/Squadron 42 and Shadowrun Returns.

Technically I've recently backed the Twilight Struggle playdeck game, but in reality I dropped the 120 bucks I did on the extremely limited edition of TS that GMT is putting out.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail
8. Re: Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail Dec 2, 2014, 12:09 Flatline

Necrophob wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 11:57:
The Trail? I predict this will be a walking simulator. Molyneux wants us to explore the depths of one of our emotions, in this case, boredom.

Minecraft showed that there's a market for sprawling procedurally generated exploration games.

Done right a hardcore exploration/survival game might be a lot of fun. It'd be a niche game to be sure, but getting to be Lewis & Clarke in a world about as large as the Louisiana Purchase would be kind of cool.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
43. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 12:17 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 17:44:
Flatline wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 16:41:
Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 14:59:
I wonder how much of that surge had to do with pissed off ED players who asked for refunds and jumped on this instead.

That would be like cutting your dick off because you got stood up for a date.

No. It would not. Not even close. Even that insane simile aside I'm sure there were a lot of people who went with ED over SC for myriad reasons. And, now, after being screwed over by Brabes they're going to the only other place they can go. Given the timing of this "surge" I'd say it's very likely.

Of course it would. There's no way this game won't disappoint on some level, and probably multiple levels. In fact, the liklihood and the depth of the disappointment from SC far eclipses ED because SC is basically at the point of "sci-fi reality simulator" Jumping from ED to SC and blowing massive money on it because ED disappointed is fucking stupid and you know it.

So yes, my tongue-in-cheek analogy stands.

And christ it was a joke. You have like no sense of humor at all.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 1, 2014, 11:28 Flatline

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 11:08:
We're 100% committed!! (As long as it keeps selling.)

Too bad you fuckers weren't 100% committed to making sure it worked out of the fucking box. Three weeks and your shit is still broken.

Again, matchmaking is something that's been around since the late 90's. How the fuck is this an ongoing issue?

16. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 16:41 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 14:59:
I wonder how much of that surge had to do with pissed off ED players who asked for refunds and jumped on this instead.

That would be like cutting your dick off because you got stood up for a date.

15. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 16:39 Flatline

Kajetan wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 16:09:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 15:24:
Is Star Citizen anything like what the orignal kick starter was pitch on at this point?
Yes. SC was never announced as an adventure or a RPG. Still it is a space sim with heavy emphasis on dogfighting. Everything else is just an addon. In its core, its still the game from the kickstarter campaign.

Star Citizen still is an entertainment product that will run on the PC using electricity. Nothing's changed at all.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2014, 19:57 Flatline

Quboid wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 18:21:
It did nothing to turn me on to the Assassin's Creed series. The naval stuff was good but not worth it for rest of the game's tedious gameplay. If you don't like the Assassin's Creed formula either, I say avoid.

AC needs an overhaul of control to be sure. Especially after playing Shadows of Mordor.

But as someone who has been pining for an age of sail game for like a decade AC4 was great.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2014, 19:53 Flatline

Steam let out Wolfenstein for 20 bucks and I picked it up on a whim. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.  

News Comments > Black Friday Interviews
7. Re: Black Friday Interviews Nov 28, 2014, 15:28 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 14:10:
And the point of that interview was what? That the guy considers himself an xtian and likes telling people that Jesus loves them? Super for him. And no, Jesus wouldn't be a gamer. He'd be out saving the poor, which is what any other gamer xtians should be doing too. Or more likely, he'd be locked up in an insane asylum. 'So your dad is an invisible sky wizard and you have superpowers do you? Yeah, ok....let's start him on a Thorazine drip and some shock tratment."

Let's be realistic. That wouldn't be why he'd get locked up and subjected to drugs.

It'd be more like:

"You want to feed and clothe the poor, visit them while they're sick, comfort them while they're in prison, and you think that rich people inherently have a problem being good.

What are you some kind of psycho commie? Thorazine for you."

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued
12. Re: Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued Nov 27, 2014, 00:41 Flatline

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 21:52:
OK, is it just me or do the faces in Unity look WORSE than the faces in Black Flag? I got both for free with my XBone, and was comparing just to be sure. The faces seem blurry or something in Unity.

Dunno don't care. AC4 is probably the pinnacle of the series. I've been waiting for a good age of sail game for ages and this is as close as it's going to get I guess.

If I had just won the lottery I'd seriously consider licensing the engine and building a Napoleonic Wars age of sail game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 25, 2014, 11:44 Flatline

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 11:15:
It's not like this is their first Halo game they release.
I don't understand how an established dev studio like this can be so incompetent.

Fuck that, it's not like matchmaking is some new goddamn technology that hasn't ever been attempted before. What's next? Option menus that completely crash the program?

2175 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo