Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 1994 (Pro)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
27. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 15, 2014, 13:53 Flatline

saluk wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:58:
Game has been getting really good reviews... just a bad port. I might pick it up on sale, after the community makes it not suck.

My head has practically exploded from how many times people say that Resident Evil was a fantastic game.

Granted I never got around to it until the gamecube remake, but it was *terrible* b-movie bad.

My question about this would be "is the control still shit like it is in every single survival horror game ever?"

Also, Silent Hill 2 still holds for the best survival horror game of all time for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
23. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 13:42 Flatline

1badmf wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 11:20:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 10:25:
Icewind wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 10:23:
InBlack wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 09:48:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 09:20:
One thing I did find amusing is how fast the Marine runs. I think he could outpace the Quake guy.

You say that like its a bad thing...

Also really? This is the first game you played with acceleration?? That's kind of weird, by this time the Voodoo 3 was ruling supreme and Nvidia's TNT cards were quickly catching up, also Unreal was pretty much king of graphics and most games supported Glide or OpenGL. DirectX kind of sucked back then....

My first 3D card was a Voodoo2 back in.....1997, not sure when, probably late. I know the very first game I played it with was Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Back then you were hot **** if you had a Voodoo card. Gaming elite.

I remember going to Software etc. and just bragging about it to all the other store regulars, who were all hardcore PC gamers. Boy, those were the days.

Dark Forces II was the first game I played with 3D acceleration too, after months and months of playing it in software mode. I was blown away by how good it looked and how fast it ran.

pffft, nubs. my first 3d card was a diamond monster 3d that i played quake 1 on. that was the card that launched our little discreet video card renderer industry.

That was my first 3d card as well I think. Either that or the fusion I think. It was kind of a big deal because it could render in either OpenGL/Glide AND this thing called "directX" (DirectX always as a rule looked shittier).

News Comments > GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
22. Re: GOG.com Offers Free Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 Oct 15, 2014, 13:40 Flatline

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 10:23:
I wasn't implying that it was a bad thing. Just that compared to lots of newer shooters, the Marine in AvP is *really* fast.

You'd be running like a bat out of hell too if you were that scared and vulnerable.

News Comments > BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE Announced
7. Re: BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE Announced Oct 14, 2014, 19:07 Flatline

WE ONLY USE ALL CAPS BECAUSE WE ARE EXTREME!

Oie... I thought that the all caps thing went away a long time ago.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 12, 2014, 23:37 Flatline

Axis wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 20:09:
Saboth wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 19:54:
Heh, just as predicted. Comcast and Verizon reams Netflix, and Netflix turns around and reams its customers. Then Comcast and Verizon likely ream the customers too, with another arbitrary price increase for service. It's like Americans are being double charged for internet service. I remember one one Comcast raised my rates twice in a year. Then another, they raised rates, then started charging for "free" converter boxes. And people are actually considering letting them buy up more competitors.

Netflix is worth having for 3x the cost. Comcast/verizon/directtv/etc are your reamers. Netflix is more than fair.

Is their content any better than about a year ago?

I cancelled my netflix because the content was atrocious. I found myself watching *maybe* 1-2 movies a month, and the TV shows I was watching were available on Amazon prime anyway (and I get free shipping and other stuff from the mothership for that).

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 11, 2014, 22:33 Flatline

It's obvious why Kickstarter is over. Star Citizen's 60 million dollar stretch goal is to replicate all projects on kickstarter, ever.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 10, 2014, 17:29 Flatline

mag wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 17:27:
Flatline wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 17:11:
*Six* cores recommended?

That's only a 600 dollar CPU.

Edit: Oh I see. That's for AMD. Still, that's one fuck of a big difference between the AMD & Intel CPU.

Keep in mind that post-Phenom II AMD six- and eight-core processors are more like three- and four-core Intel processors with hyptherthreading, not even getting into the massive per-clock performance advantage that Intel has.

Yeah I forgot about the hyperthreading and all the other nifty stuff Intel has.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs
7. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Specs Oct 10, 2014, 17:11 Flatline

*Six* cores recommended?

That's only a 600 dollar CPU.

Edit: Oh I see. That's for AMD. Still, that's one fuck of a big difference between the AMD & Intel CPU.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
78. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 9, 2014, 12:12 Flatline

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 11:46:
Flatline wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 11:38:
the "advanced dogfighting" tutorial schooled my ass. I suck. I figured out pretty quickly that lower velocity = tighter turn radius but I still seem to manuever like a drunken whale and have trouble even getting the enemy into my sights.
It will take a bit to learn and master the flight controls.
I have a button on my joystick mapped to turn off flight assist for example and I usually start the turn then shut off flight assist as my ship drifts in one direction and it is spinning around at the same time than flip back flight assist to regain control and go after the baddies.
I use that technique in this video

Just give it time, everyone has to go through that learning process, but trust me ones you get it, dogfighting will be by far the most entertaining part of this game.
You can literally re live dogfighting scenes from movies like Star Wars. Hiding behind asteroids to break visual contact, etc.
Tons of fun.

Nice! I didn't realize flight assist did that.

That's an old hat from my days playing Tachyon: The Fringe (A severely under-rated space combat sim IMHO, and one of the most awesome multiplayer game modes I've ever seen.). I think they called it slipping or something like that in Tachyon.

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
21. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 11:41 Flatline

Deathman29 wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 10:12:
Oh we can run at 4k or greater... but we don't give a crap about anything more than 30FPS. Really? Pathetic

If you design a damn engine, give it flexibility. If you want FPS locks for certain things like say a console at 30FPS, then have a switch for it. Don't hardcode it only one way. Damn n00bs

I don't even want to know how much VRAM is required to run at 4k.

75. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 9, 2014, 11:38 Flatline

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 08:31:
Flatline wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 16:58:
You assholes.

You finally talked about E:D enough that I caved and picked up the beta.

It's downloading at home now.
You won't be disappointed. It really is an amazing game. I haven't been this excited for a game in the past 10 years at least.
I mean what other space sim game looks this awesome

I got to play around with it for about an hour last night and went through most of the tutorials. They need a little polish as I had to go key-binding hunting lol. But it took about 15 minutes to start to adjust to the flight model.

And the first time you jump between star systems is probably one of the sweetest moments I've had in recent gaming. I was on the fence about the extra 25 bucks to get in on the beta, but after an hour, I'm glad I splurged.

That being said, the "advanced dogfighting" tutorial schooled my ass. I suck. I figured out pretty quickly that lower velocity = tighter turn radius but I still seem to manuever like a drunken whale and have trouble even getting the enemy into my sights. I"ll probably need to go HOTAS here presently.

So now that I"ve said that, anyone interested in buying a kickstarter bounty hunter package for SC? After playing Arena Commander and ED, I'm ready to bail completely on SC.

69. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 9, 2014, 00:47 Flatline

[VG]Reagle wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 21:40:
Flatline wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:47:
I was waiting for full launch but I keep hearing great things even during the beta ....

Apparently you have not been reading these forums much because if you had you would have realizing that this game is a steaming pile of shit.

Well... one of us hasn't been reading the forums much tonight. That much is obvious.

63. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 19:47 Flatline

Task wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:34:
For ED, I have that pre-ordered, just waiting for it to get out of beta... but I can wait, since I have other games to play.

I was waiting for full launch but I keep hearing great things even during the beta and considering that there's still a lot to implement I don't see it launching this year.

59. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 17:45 Flatline

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 17:34:
Flatline wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 16:58:
You assholes.

What app do you use to remote in to your desktop?

RDP. I have a VM lab cluster that I use for rapid prototyping and sandboxing that I like to access from work/the field so I have my own domain and Dynamic DNS service set up on my router.

56. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 16:58 Flatline

You assholes.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
49. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 11:51 Flatline

Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:58:
I'm stunned that the nemesis system so blinds people to the shallowness this game is; how little it really has to offer.

As far as enemy variety, I'd take interesting NPCs over palate-swapped monster variety 3c any day.

The nemesis system isn't quite there yet, but it's pretty interesting.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
48. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 11:49 Flatline

Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 08:50:
Xero wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 07:59:
After watching a good 20 minutes or so from an hour long gameplay w/commentary video that IGN had posted, I was able to see this myself rather quickly. It looked highly repetitive of go here, kill him, choose a new target, go kill him, etc. I know there is a lot of fluff in between but that's the idea.

There's really not a lot of fluff in between. It's basically just... killing Uruks and collecting meaningless shite.

I truly think a lot of enthousiasts today will look at this game in retrospect later and think "Blegh, it actually sucked.". I have enough respect for the PC gamer to believe this.

It's not just killing Uruks though that's crappy. I mean, that's what God of War was and that's fine.

My problem is that so far (and I'm only 3 hours into the game so this may change) half my really nifty abilities are only good against single Uruks. Even all the nifty open-combat shit that I can do to stunned enemies and stuff I almost never do unless there's only one or two enemies left because the mob all charges and I have to interrupt what I"m doing to counter. So it's basically your basic attacks, alternating with your counters, and every 8 hits or so your sword turns blue and you get to perform an execution.

Which would be fine but I've gotten to the point already where most of the executions are repeating now. And that's not fine.

27. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 11:35 Flatline

Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:52:
puts out the call to vote for their next stretch goal

I thought they had stopped doing that?

They were going to but the fan boys kept shouting "encore!" and they 'reluctantly' came back out and said "well okay".

Besides.

This "CitizenCon" had to cost at least 250k to produce and stream when you account for wages for participants, content creation, lost time that could be spent on the game, bandwidth, streaming servers, etc...

So yeah, probably 250k. Which is a not-quite-insignificant chunk of change when your budget is 50 million. It'd be better if you put out some limited edition ship to generate another 2 mil or so.

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
18. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 11:29 Flatline

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:41:
Let me tell you something, I was in beta of BF4, and the forums were FULL of detailed description of every single shanghai exploit and crash, and there were HALF A DOZEN. The sound issue was so widespread a single dude could mute the sound for everyone on a server. ON FUCKING RELEASE.

You'd think after the like 9 iterative nearly identical games they've released that they'd get better at the coding and the netcode.

It's really kind of bizarre that nothing changes.

News Comments > Costume Quest 2 Released
1. Re: Costume Quest 2 Released Oct 7, 2014, 18:49 Flatline

I don't even remember the last Costume Quest.

Does this one contain a complete game? Or does it peter out about halfway through?

1994 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo