Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 2336 (Senior)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
18. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 28, 2015, 03:29 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 21:49:
I absolutely hate casters so far and how they work and the spells aren't very good either. Low level casters need the ability to cast way more and battles are so fast it's almost pointless casting de/buffs and stuff.

We'll see how things progress but I'm not loving this right now.

You'd hate blowjobs, rainbows, and puppies if given the chance.

Also, you're spoiled by your 4th edition D&D bullshit where casters are like, functional at level 1 & shit. I remember old school casters where you cast your spell, you threw your dagger, and you ran the fuck away. Because you had a single hit point.

Until Level 6, when Fireball and Lightning Bolt came online, and you turned into Death Incarnate.

Old School D&D was always about managing the battlefield until casters came online.

As far as endurance/health, I'm okay with it. It's actually not that far removed from the idea of Wounds/Vitality in some of the D20 hacks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
110. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 28, 2015, 03:26 Flatline

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 17:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 17:10:
Also, easter egg "You have to assemble your party to continue" Just happened once so far.

I ran across the same, and I have to say I laughed hard at it. Also the person they picked for that and narration is just great.

I got "you must gather your party before venturing forth" and was like "I'm home!"

45. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 19:02 Flatline

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 17:35:
One of the few kick starter successes that delivers.

Granted I mostly backed board games, but my Kickstarter history has been pretty tasty. Looking at my list D-Day Dice sucks because while I got a metric assload of stuff I also ordered the line for life since like 10 more products were announced. The company is being sued out of existence over an unrelated issue that blew up a year or so after the kickstarter so that sucks. But I arguably got my 100 bucks worth.

Other than that, there's Star Citizen that hasn't "delivered" yet. Everything else either has to my satisfaction or is on schedule.

39. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 17:24 Flatline

Alamar wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 15:13:
Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 14:10:
Wooohooo! Congrats, Obsidian, and thanks to everyone who KS'ed!

And a big hearty FUCK YOU to every publisher who said these kind of games weren't in demand anymore and couldn't be done anymore. FUCK YOU.

What some publishers seem to fail to realize, is that old people don't want change... And we're at a point where a lot of gamers are old people (hence the success of this site ; )... And who has the most disposable income? Old people... : )

I'd say it's the opposite. We can only take so many SpunkGargleWeeWee FPS games and need to cleanse our palate.

What it suggests is that there's a market for longer, more involved games still. 6 hour SP games doesn't satisfy.

37. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 17:15 Flatline

Between Elite, my copy of the Diablo 3 expansion for 20 bucks, Alien Isolation, the urge to replay Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, this, and the upcoming Witcher 3, it's a good time to be a gamer.

Bad time to have a job or other responsibilities but a good time to be a gamer.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
25. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 26, 2015, 13:25 Flatline

18 gigs for an isometric static-art RPG?

How f*cking big is this thing?

News Comments > SideQuest Explained
6. Re: SideQuest Explained Mar 24, 2015, 17:22 Flatline

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 00:34:
It is definitely a little 2D web game you play while watching a live streaming video. What I'm not quite sure of is whether the stream is supposed to be like a dungeon master guy controlling things and showing visual aids, or if it can be completely independent of the stream (implying the video content is so boring people need to occupy their time watching with a dinky little web game), or both...

Gotcha. They should be paying you for that.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Near
7. Re: WoW Tokens Near Mar 24, 2015, 14:54 Flatline

BicycleRepairMan wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 13:40:
So, out of curiosity, because I have never ever, ever played wow or any other MMO, what the hell is a token? Reading the description, it sounds alot like ingame currency, whats the point if there is gold already? Basically you pay $20 real money for a token that you can sell for pretend money gold? I guess this is why I dont play MMOs or F2P.

It's a way for Blizzard to finally get in on that sweet, sweet Cash for Gold market

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
8. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 14:51 Flatline

Verno wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 14:47:
Hmm I don't know Lito, they didn't ultimate edition DA2 or Mass Effect 2/3 for that matter. It's weird, correct me if I'm wrong but they seemed to have stopped bundling Bioware DLC. They did bundle up Mass Effect into a trilogy but IIRC ME2 and ME3 are without DLC included. I suspect EA makes more money on the DLC separately so they keep doing it that way on purpose.

It makes sense. You discount the game down to 20 bucks or 10 bucks or whatever and people pick it up cheap... then they spend 30 dollars on all the full priced DLC and bring an otherwise bargain game almost up to the cost of a new price point.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 13:54 Flatline

Well now we know what they were doing instead of patching the game.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
16. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 17:55 Flatline

Also 800 megs for 15 bug fixes?  

4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 13:54 Flatline

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 13:45:
This really isn't the Bioware of old, or even the Bioware of Dragon Age:Origins.

Still, I'll try this game in a year or so, after some more patches and the price has dropped below $10.

I got it for... 30 or so. I definitely got my money's worth at that price point. I mean, I put in like 70 hours into the game.

It seems like some of their junior writers are really, really good. I mean, the staff writers for Mass Effect 3 were churning out some of the best writing that I saw in the series. Same here. They were able to turn a character I didn't particularly care about (Varric) into someone that I really liked in one scene (The card game scene. It's actually one of my favorite moments from the game.). So like, there's some *great* writers still in Bioware. It's confusing sometimes.

2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 13:39 Flatline

JFC Bioware is lagging behind on patching this game. What are they doing over there?

I still don't see the ability to like... double-click on loot and have your PC move *to* it. You still have to run over it and do the truffle shuffle to get within the loot's hitbox and any of the other PC 3rd person "advancements" games have made in like... the last 20 years.

For fuck's sake Dragon Age games used to be able to do this.

News Comments > Logistics Company Simulator Released
4. Re: Logistics Company Simulator Released Mar 20, 2015, 11:29 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 09:57:
Aww too bad. I thought this would have been more plaanning and control, not a wharf rat moving shipping containers. I always felt like I'd have made a great lotgistics/efficiency expert as I'm pretty OCD about that sort of thing. Whenever I started a new job somewhere one of the first things I'd do is organize the shit out of everything.

There's an entire genre of board games, mostly wargames, that are logistical focused. Many of them have like excel sheets with lots of automation because their playtime is usually in the hundreds or thousands of hours otherwise.

The joke about the Campaign for North Africa board game is that it lasts longer than the actual campaign did. Which at a 1000 hour play time is kind of insane.

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
69. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 18:34 Flatline

Verno wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 16:57:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 16:42:
Apologies, don't feel like reading all the posts on this topic. I'm guessing someone must have already said this..

But what exactly has Valve been doing for the past 5 years?

Well they've worked on a lot of different things - TF2, Dota 2, Source 2 apparently, Portal 2, etc. Just not a lot in terms of singular output I guess. I'd really like to see L4D3 soon and I don't mind waiting for HL3. Anything with a 3 really haha.

It must be nice to be in their position but I have to admit that they really earned it.

TF2- Oh yes the hat thing.
DOTA2- Purchased the dev studio
Source2- Okay true they're pushing out a new engine.
Portal 2- Purchased the dev studio
L4D- Wasn't that a 3rd party dev studio they hired/purchased as well?

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
31. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 11:52 Flatline

Rattlehead wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 09:46:
They have zero reasons to make another half life. In fact they have zero reasons to make any other games. They get money from selling other games. I wish they would just sell the IP already.

I'd settle for a dev document with a plot synopsis at this point.

And really, has Valve, as in Valve the game dev company, *actually* developed a game in the past 10 years? Because it seems like they buy devs/dev companies whenever they want to put a game out.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Mar 14, 2015, 00:22 Flatline

fiftykyu wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 23:01:
Flatline wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 18:09:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 17:10:
It's also on sale on the Humble Bundle site for $17.

He says with the Humble Bundle link taking you there.

Yeah damn the humble bundle people. I really couldn't afford the 17 bucks this weekend but I've been waiting for Alien to go on a steep sale and that was a good price.

Out of curiosity, is Borderlands Pre-Sequel worth the 30 bucks that it goes for occasionally? I'm kind of burned out on borderlands at this point, and have been waiting for a deep Far Cry 4 sale moreso, but a mindless shoot-em-up either way would be fun.

Not really answering your question, but I got that Pre-Sequel game for about $20 last week, and quit after a couple hours. Really wasn't starving for more Borderlands anyway, but with the sale I figured nothing to lose. Well, twenty bucks to lose, I guess.

Think if you're burnt out on Borderlands, the solution is probably not more Borderlands. Unless you have friends pestering you to play, I suggest waiting for a better sale - then it won't hurt as much if it turns out you're just tired of the whole thing.

Actually... that answered my question thanks! I'll stick with something else for the time being.

Also, I started Alien Isolation. Two observations.

1. Heh. CRT pixelation. Never thought I'd see that color-shift again.

2. Holy shit they nailed the look & vibe of Alien.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Mar 13, 2015, 18:09 Flatline

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 17:10:
It's also on sale on the Humble Bundle site for $17.

He says with the Humble Bundle link taking you there.

Yeah damn the humble bundle people. I really couldn't afford the 17 bucks this weekend but I've been waiting for Alien to go on a steep sale and that was a good price.

Out of curiosity, is Borderlands Pre-Sequel worth the 30 bucks that it goes for occasionally? I'm kind of burned out on borderlands at this point, and have been waiting for a deep Far Cry 4 sale moreso, but a mindless shoot-em-up either way would be fun.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1139. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 13, 2015, 11:46 Flatline

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 01:10:
Funny story. Usually, I pay $28k for fuel each way on a ~30ly two jump trade route. Now...it costs 228c. This happened four times in a row, so I don't think it's a bug. That is a gigantic change. I'm in an Anaconda, mind you.

I always wondered why fuel is so expensive, when you can literally just go scoop it. Seems FD made a concession to the grind. The t9 was depressing...I made $700k each way, but also paid $60k each way for fuel. Maybe the same reason that hull is cheap to fix now. People like Spectral Meat who don't ocd trade all day Now he can get his Asp and actually *play* with it. Funny concept.

I think the original intent was that scooped fuel was less efficient and since it was unrefined it'd do damage/wear & tear on your ship so in the long run fuel scooping would cost more.

Since they aren't going to have like 5 different types of fuel that I can see, there's no point in making premium station fuel expensive.

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
61. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 13:22 Flatline

Jivaro wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 13:14:
Flatline wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 12:42:
Yep, this game will be unusable for people on Comcast, unless they remove their cap.

I have Comcast and I have no cap. Why that is I have no idea. I do know that I downloaded well over 2TB of data 3 months ago as part of re-installing 2 different computers on my home network and it didn't cost me anything extra. I doubt it has anything to do with me being a special little snowflake, but I guess that is a possibility.

It's possible Comcast has eased off of caps too in some/all markets I dunno.

2336 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo