Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for S Westberg

Real Name S Westberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flatline
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 15, 2007, 19:09
Total Comments 2504 (Senior)
User ID 34131

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO Delayed
2. Re: Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO Delayed Jul 31, 2015, 13:01 Flatline

I'm loving Dirt Rally but I'll take another offroad rally sim and be happy with it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Endless Space 2 Announced
1. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Jul 31, 2015, 11:15 Flatline

Did they ever fix the obscenely imbalanced cheating AI that could outbuild in 2 systems what you could build having conquered the entire rest of the galaxy?  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
10. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 29, 2015, 12:01 Flatline

Ceribaen wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 11:33:
I'm actually pretty stoked about a mech tactical RPG... the only thing better would be the originally teased MW game as posted before me.

But my question is, I thought the Battletech license for PC was a web of who knows who actually owns it these days between FASA, Microsoft, and a few others? Did I miss when that got resolved?

I suspect that mechwarrior and battletech are actually two different properties.

At any rate, MS owned them both due to buying out FASA.

Now the board game, that's a fucking nightmare. You'd think the company that prints the game would also make the figs but you'd be very, very wrong last time I checked.

News Comments > GOG.com & Windows 10
2. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 11:37 Flatline

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:45:
Love or hate Windows 10, what GOG is doing to prepare for it is fantastic.

Over at Steam, they're like "Yeah whatever. Who gives a shit whether it'll work or not."

That's always been their approach. I still have games that broke in the jump to 7 from XP. A couple of the Max Payne games in particular.

I flat out don't buy old games on Steam any more because I don't expect them to work without massive effort on my part.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Announced
8. Re: BATTLETECH Announced Jul 29, 2015, 11:33 Flatline

Asmodai wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 11:15:
Kinda hoping it's not Dark Age though, I fell out of love with the books when they pulled the plug on IS/Clans and decided to jump forward when there was so much left to go over...

Considering that Weisman went back to the 2050s "elves with pink mohawks" Shadowrun, I suspect we'll get old school MW.

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
42. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 17:47 Flatline

shihonage wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 17:36:
There comes a time when you start seeing these games in Matrix-vision, as spheres and cubes traversing above a checkered grid, with mountains of data rising and falling at the horizon.

At that point it's time to go outside.

Or is that considered another "walking simulator"?

27. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 14:48 Flatline

harlock wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 13:46:
it looks like a few steps removed from F3, which was already mediocre at best..

so, fuck it i guess.. probly still play it at some point, but i doubt it will be very good

the pre-made character is pretty much the only thing you need to know, not to mention no skills (a disturbing trend in AAA rpgs these days), and very limited dialogs .. its the complete death of everything "fallout"

Wait they took out the skill system and chargen?

12. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 11:56 Flatline

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:45:
I've tried so hard to get into F3 but I just couldn't.
F4 looks pretty cool but I am not sure I'd like to spend the money to just abandon the game after a few hours.
Not to mention it's a $70 game on Steam. Not sure whats up with that price, even the console versions are cheaper.

Wait 70 bucks for the standard edition?

Fuck.
That.
Noise.

10. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 11:40 Flatline

Axis wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:35:
New fallout looks mega consolized and should have retired. Packed with cutesy animations and lots of bling though guys!!

Only thing it's got going for it is 'Soldier of Fortune' dismembering.

Well better animations will be a massive improvement over the stick-up-your-ass animations previously.

And I don't know if you played either F3 or FNV but there was tons of dismemberment and shit in those games too. I mean, one of the perks was like "bloody mess" or something like that.

4. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 11:21 Flatline

Kajetan wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:15:
I too am basically done with Fallout from Bethesda ... their games dont float my boat.

I'm sure I'll play it, and probably enjoy it. But I suspect it won't be on par with NV.

Strangely enough I found the start of new vegas to be really kind of a letdown compared to F3, and the game traditionally doesn't "begin" for me for some reason until I hit Novac.

Of course, when you hit New Vegas proper the game explodes open and becomes teh awesome. Really wish Obsidian was helming this one.

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
37. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 27, 2015, 11:41 Flatline

yuastnav wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 05:54:
InBlack wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 05:42:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 04:58:
Also, Doom was fucking fast. It was faster than any iD game ever released before or since.

Eh, not so sure about that. Quake with strafe jumping is pretty damn fast.

Yeah well there was no jumping in Doom, so there is that. However Doom is definitely not slower than Quake, up until fairly recently Ive been playing Doom on Zdaemon (which is as close to the original Doom2.exe gameplay as it gets) and trust me on this it's insanely fast paced.

I don't know man. In my opinion Quake 2 is still the fastest game to date. That or Quake 3 with the CPMA mod. By fast I mean fast paced.

I mean, take a look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2WYX7wN3MU
(granted this is Quake 3, I think unmodded?)

This is sick.

I played a metric shitload of Q3 and while that looks vanilla the video is either severely sped up or there's a mod that sped the fuck up out of everything. There's no way that's unedited video of vanilla Q3.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
48. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 23, 2015, 13:41 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 20:52:
Flatline wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 16:51:
They aren't talking about it but the next big project is Cyberpunk, and I can't even begin to tell you how excited that makes me feel.

If it's anywhere close to as good as W3 it's going to effing rock! Still there are never any guarantees.

True that. Though truth be told CP2077 isn't being talked about or focused on until after the two big expansions for W3 apparently. So I figure we're 3 years out.

It bodes well though. They have the chops, they're willing to go to dark places in their stories, and the grey moral ambiguity of the Witcher setting actually dovetails well into cyberpunk.

It actually seems to me this is how it should have been for the first two games. The Weechers are supposed to be emtionless - for the most part - so the whole Joe Friday vibe fits. It's like that one part in the game where the woman calls Geralt heartless and he replies "I guess the mutations worked then".

I'll agree with that. I attribute it to the development of the company as a whole. It works it's just... inconsistent from previous games. That's the only reason why it's jarring

Then again, I went back to watch some Witcher 2 clips (mainly to make sure I wasn't getting the performance wrong) and the voice acting has come a long way from even that game (except, I agree, Triss, which isn't awesome but her voicework is serviceable).

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 11:33 Flatline

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 10:59:
Do sites get money just from displaying ads or do you have to click on them? I will consider turning adblock off for Blue's, but if he make nothing unless I click, then there is no reason to have it off, I won't click.

I believe you get paid per so many thousand ad displays. The higher your click-through the more the pay though I think if memory serves.

And yeah, some kind of ad-blocker is necessary now. Compare my browsing experience on my PC to my phone and I seriously am reluctant to use my phone to browse. Full page adds taking over your browser, the inability to scroll if you flick an ad compared to the real page, the page itself constantly resizing and popping all around so you think you're clicking a legitimate link and then 2 seconds later the page resizes due to an ad and you end up hitting the ad that sandwiched the legitimate link.

The one that makes me rage is the ad that takes you to the app store without clicking on it to install some BS program. Usually that game of war bullshit game. I'm sure it'd auto-install if they could figure a way to.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 22, 2015, 17:55 Flatline

For 12 bucks I'm willing to try ESO.  

32. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 16:55 Flatline

StaticRandomNumber wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 15:19:
I wasn't sure it would be for me as I hadn't played Witcher 1 and 2, but so far I already feel like I got more than I payed for.

$53 is a bargain. Way better value than anything else I have played the last two years.

Just made it to the third Island and having a blast and I have yet to download any of the standalone DLC.

To me that it was on GOG was definitely a bonus selling point.

You can definitely feel the company mature as it moved through the Witcher games. The first was pretty good for it's time and the second was impressive. The third doesn't quite come to Skyrim levels of emergent "shit to do" but it has way more interesting side quests to make up for it. I don't feel like just wandering around aimlessly in Witcher 3 but the shit I am doing I generally feel more engaged in.

I just kind of wished that Geralt didn't talk in such a clipped LA Quartet/James Ellroy sort of manner. It feels kind of new to this game compared to my memory of Witcher 2 and definitely to Witcher 1 and just feels jarring to me.

31. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 16:51 Flatline

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 13:21:
Flatline wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 12:04:

That's the thing. He *does* want to buy it now. And he can buy it dirt cheap from GOG directly or spend full price on Steam.

What I find odd is both sites want $60.

Ah I misread that as he could pick it up cheap on GOG.com

Which, to be frank, you could. I pre-ordered it a year ago for like 40 bucks. Maybe less. CDPR has a history of delivering tasty tasty games so the pre-order made sense to me.

They aren't talking about it but the next big project is Cyberpunk, and I can't even begin to tell you how excited that makes me feel.

14. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 12:04 Flatline

Task wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 11:24:
Give them a break - if they don't want to buy it now, that's their prerogative.

That's the thing. He *does* want to buy it now. And he can buy it dirt cheap from GOG directly or spend full price on Steam. But because he insists on buying through Steam he's just going to complain that CDPR is greedy.

Ignoring that he can totally download the game through GOG and then set it up to launch through Steam.

13. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 12:01 Flatline

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:16:
Publishers are getting greedy.

Yeah next thing you know CDPR will start charging 400 dollars for new horse breeds that will be implemented some time in the unspecified future.

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
77. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 23:32 Flatline

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 18:41:
Vall Forran wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 16:59:
Arena Commander is better than most released games? Does this guy have a proof reader?
It's a subjective statement. In terms of visual fidelity it's one of the best. In terms of features it's limited. In comparison to the average Steam game it's fucking fantastic. In comparison to the average AAA it's woefully lacking. You also have to remember that he sees everything going on behind the scenes, which influences his opinion.

To be fair, you're pushing, at this point, a handful of static models around a very pretty skybox. Visual fidelity better be pretty good in that scenario.

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
55. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 16:19 Flatline

BobBob wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 15:39:
10 to 20 years from now video games hyped today will be found at a thrift shop or downloadable from an online retro-archive. Meanwhile, other companies are working on exploring real outer space in order for humanity to colonize Mars and beyond. The consequences of which will likely alter human evolution. You can put your time, energy, and money debating over and playing a virtual game or educating yourself and getting involved in STEM. I doubt "X amount of hours playing a virtual space pilot" will have a positive impact on a resume nor will it impress a potential investor.

Says the man wasting the prime of his life posting on a video game forum board.

2504 Comments. 126 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo