Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danny

Real Name Danny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TychoCelchuuu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/user/TychoCelchuuu
Signed On Jan 21, 2007, 20:31
Total Comments 220 (Novice)
User ID 33485

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Details
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 25, 2012, 21:26 TychoCelchuuu

Closed beta is going on right now and people who pay money will get into the beta August 17th if they haven't already by then.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near
9. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 15:16 TychoCelchuuu

Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:14:
deqer wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:42:
Although their "Meet the *" videos are nice, the game TF2 still remains to be overly balanced to the point of being handicapped with it's newbie classes like Spy, or it's random critical hits mechanism; it's just so boring now because there is no sense of skill or control or dominance when you have so many shit random factors like that in the game.

Hahaha come on, in what universe is Spy a newbie class? It is one of the most difficult classes to play effectively and requires a lot of foresight and strategy. Opposition teams are well trained to shoot first on many servers so you have to effectively imitate other players, their routes and know where what class will be when which requires a well rounded understanding of class balance in general. You also need good timing and instinct to pick your goals to best help the team, not to mention a bit of luck.
deqer's definition of a newbie class is probably "whichever class usually kills me in something that I think wasn't a fair fight." He probably imagines that spies just walk around cloaked or disguised, killing whoever they want instantly with bacstabs.

News Comments > Nuclear Union Announced
11. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 16:25 TychoCelchuuu

The DigitalMindSoft Men of War games have been good, the Best Way ones have been pretty bad. Although Best Way co-developed the first Men of War, which was great, and they also made Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, the first game in the series, which was great. But they ALSO made Faces of War, the second game in the series, which sucked.

So in conclusion this will probably (but not definitely) suck.

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
3. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 21, 2012, 20:54 TychoCelchuuu

This is so nuts. I wasn't planning on buying DIII anyways, or at least not at full price (which, for a Blizzard game, means I'd have to wait basically forever) but now I'm getting madder at them than I get at Ubisoft or other companies with stupid DRM. At least those companies try to let you play immediately and they only lock you out if their DRM server is busted. With Blizzard they're actively stopping you from playing!

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2012, 21:08.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Quantum Conundrum
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Quantum Conundrum Jun 21, 2012, 19:51 TychoCelchuuu

I understand the whole "why does every puzzle game think it needs to be Portal" thing, but can't you give a pass to one of the people who INVENTED Portal? I mean surely she's allowed to make similar games, right?  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad Patch Adds New Content
5. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad Patch Adds New Content Jun 21, 2012, 19:48 TychoCelchuuu

LittleMe wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 15:27:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 12:46:
Pretty sweet how they add new stuff to the game for free even long after it has come out. This is one of my favorite games of all time.

Hey Tycho did you like MoW:CH? What are your thoughts, please? I see the Metacritic ratings are low.

I haven't tried it, but it's not by the original developers: it's another cash-in by the people behind MoW: Vietnam which was not so great. I'm probably going to ignore it.

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad Patch Adds New Content
2. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad Patch Adds New Content Jun 21, 2012, 12:46 TychoCelchuuu

Pretty sweet how they add new stuff to the game for free even long after it has come out. This is one of my favorite games of all time.  

News Comments > EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire
19. Re: EU Diablo III Patch Live; Repair Costs Draw Fire Jun 20, 2012, 12:41 TychoCelchuuu

Dades wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 10:40:
Saw this on the forums and thought it was great:

First, I want to thank Blizzard for addressing so many of the important issues in this patch. After playing a couple of quests tonight, however, I've realized that the fight against exploiters will never truly be won.

DPS is still way out of control - in some cases I've even seen players kill certain monsters before they were killed themselves. People are still taking advantage of skills with unintended effects such as increased survival, damage output, and situation control. There are several chests that continue to drop gold when opened; there are also still other, more nefarious means of gold farming, such as killing enough monsters that you actually MAKE more gold than your repairs cost. I personally witnessed an incident where a player found a yellow item, and when they identified it, it had stats that could be exploited to increase their combat effectiveness for the class they were playing at the time. Some gear seen on vendors still had stats other than Vitality that could, in the hands of an insidious agent, theoretically be employed toward the end of making combat easier (less dying, and in extreme cases, more killing). Bosses are still able to be killed by players: I don't have screenshots to prove this, but it is happening. Hopefully your data analysis can pick it up. Some bosses and rares are failing to properly spam stun, wall, poison, set afire, teleport into pools of acid, knockback, slow, and freeze players simultaneously while they teleport-kite the player at supersonic speed, carpeting every square inch of the zone with toxic ooze and letting their invulnerable minions with boss powers one- and two-shot us.

I personally was able to set up a bizarre configuration in the auction house search panel where I could find items with specific stats and also be able to sort them in a way that was not effectively random. A friend of mine told me they were playing with some person earlier who - and I'm just the messenger here - seemed like they might be having fun while playing the game. I don't know how true this is, but if it's even a possibility, god help us all.

I'm just trying to do my part to ensure this kind of disgusting and cowardly behavior gets stamped out as soon as possible. If there's anything I hate in a game, it's feeling like I'm getting more powerful and that my time and efforts are culminating in some kind of... /shudder... progression. I'm in this for the frustration and disappointment, 100%, and I stand behind Blizzard with every patch that brings us closer to those ideals.

Keep up the great work.
I'm amazed nobody has pointed out how wonderful this post is. I haven't bought D3, and it's looking more and more likely that I never well, because it seems like this sort of thing is almost describing how Blizzard thinks.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
14. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 22:43 TychoCelchuuu

I don't get what everyone is so mad about but whatever. Have fun not playing while the rest of us play for free or pay for a bunch of extra stuff and all that. Just saw an estimate that they've made about $888,000 so far selling this stuff, so I'm sure they're not worried about having "fucked it up bigtime."  

News Comments > Dragon Age Legends Becomes Offline Game
1. Re: Dragon Age Legends Becomes Offline Game Jun 19, 2012, 22:42 TychoCelchuuu

Cool. I'm never going to bother (If I don't have the time to sink into Dragon Age proper, I'm not going to bother with a Flash knockoff) but when they took it down because it was "too expensive to run" or something that sounded sort of silly: just let us download it! And now they are letting us download it.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk Learns Learning from The Witcher
10. Re: Cyberpunk Learns Learning from The Witcher Jun 18, 2012, 23:18 TychoCelchuuu

Making the introduction smoother is not the same as making the game dumber. A pool that's 30 feet deep is still 30 feet deep whether someone drops you straight in or leads you slowly down a slope. They're just saying that they dropped players straight in before and that this time they're going to go for a more gradual approach.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Adds UI Enhancements
1. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds UI Enhancements Jun 18, 2012, 21:20 TychoCelchuuu

I love it when companies hire people who make awesome mods. They've proven that they know how to make a game even better than it was when it came out, so there's not much reason to think they can't just keep on doing that, only this time before it comes out.  

News Comments > On BF3 Cheating
1. Re: On BF3 Cheating Jun 18, 2012, 12:51 TychoCelchuuu

What is a "de facto" review of a cheat's effectiveness? I mean, what other kind of review is there?  

News Comments > Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Voice Cast
2. Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Voice Cast Jun 14, 2012, 11:30 TychoCelchuuu

And he's good in everything too, although it's unfortunate because you start to hear his voice from other things bleed into whatever you're listening. Peter Cullen's the real news here.  

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
15. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 12:10 TychoCelchuuu

first!

(I duped Rattlehead's post)

News Comments > Dishonored Gameplay Trailer
15. Re: Dishonored Gameplay Trailer Jun 2, 2012, 03:28 TychoCelchuuu

Bumpy wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 23:29:
This another Fallout3 or Oblivion open type game but more relying on stealth, is that it? Didn't really see any fighting much ala Dark Messiah.
No, it's mission based like Thief or (sort of like) Deus Ex. You can choose to be stealthy like in Thief or sword fighty like in Dark Messiah.

News Comments > Dishonored Gameplay Trailer
5. Re: Dishonored Gameplay Trailer Jun 1, 2012, 11:24 TychoCelchuuu

I'm basically ready to preorder this.  

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle V
3. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V May 31, 2012, 21:45 TychoCelchuuu

This is like the best bundle ever. These are all amazing games.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 27, 2012, 14:28 TychoCelchuuu

I've heard it's super buggy and just as clunky as ArmA II is, so although it's neat if you're a fan of realism/WW2, it might make sense to hold off until it's not glitch city.  

News Comments > DARK Announced
5. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 11:28 TychoCelchuuu

I'm glad that RealmForge has the courage to finally make a game where you play as a generic white guy wearing a hoodie. There's really a lack of those characters in videogames and I'll be really thrilled to get the chance to step inside what I'm sure will be a pretty amazing narrative.  

220 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo