Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danny

Real Name Danny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TychoCelchuuu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/user/TychoCelchuuu
Signed On Jan 21, 2007, 20:31
Total Comments 215 (Novice)
User ID 33485

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series
31. Re: Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series Oct 21, 2012, 03:01 TychoCelchuuu

Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 00:06:
I'm apparently one of the few people who enjoyed AP.

I thought it was REALLY good. Until Deus Ex Human Revolution it was the best choice and consequence FPS since the original Deus Ex imo.
I've played Alpha Protocol 3 times and haven't seen anything near all of the content. Your choices in AP matter way more than in DX3. Not that DX3 is awful. But AP is in another league.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series
11. Re: Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series Oct 20, 2012, 19:26 TychoCelchuuu

Alpha Protocl was delayed for a few months but they didn't let Obsidian work on it, they just delayed it for no reason so that it came out after Mass Effect 2 and got horrible reviews for not being more like Gears of War like Mass Effect 2.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 17, 2012, 14:11 TychoCelchuuu

It is a mix of BioShock and Thief, but it's just as good as either of those. It's a wonderful game.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer
6. Re: Metro: Last Light Dropping Multiplayer Oct 13, 2012, 16:25 TychoCelchuuu

Glad to see they know where their strengths lie. Or lay?

Glad to see they know where their strengths are. I don't want a future where every game must have multiplayer. I'm playing Dishonored right now and enjoying it more than I've enjoyed a game in a long time, and I'd hate to imagine trying to get it greenlit in an environment where publishers only wanted to fund games that had a multiplayer component.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dishonored
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dishonored Oct 10, 2012, 00:37 TychoCelchuuu

This game is basically Thief + Hitman. It's more like Thief than Thief 3 in a lot of ways. It's so great. My only issues are that the textures are low res if you get up close to them, and also it won't last for infinity hours because I want to play it forever. At least it's going to be a ton of fun to replay.  

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
68. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 18:38 TychoCelchuuu

Hi Stanly Manly! I know you say your opinion is less than educated, but it's also pretty stupid! If you want to convince a judge and a jury that you've been sexually harassed, and if you want to do it even though the defense lawyer is going to do their best to make it look like you weren't, then you need more than just some sand in your vagina! You need evidence. And sure, the accused's intentions don't matter. If I think I'm giving you a compliment on your sexy good looks by walking up to you and French kissing you, you'll probably punch me! We can't give stupid idiots a license to sexually harass just because they don't understand what sexual harassment is.

Normally I like to say "this is just people yelling at each other and we won't know the truth" but Brad's own posts on the Quarter to 3 forums make him sound pretty guilty...

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades
1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 12:12 TychoCelchuuu

This is super duper awesome.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Begins
3. Re: Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Begins Aug 8, 2012, 22:44 TychoCelchuuu

I hate UPlay too, but only because it's worthless in single player games and keeps you from playing when the server is down. Why would you have a problem with it for an online only game?  

News Comments > Skyjacker Kickstarter Ending
2. Re: Skyjacker Kickstarter Ending Jul 22, 2012, 15:06 TychoCelchuuu

Having a "semi working product" is probably hurting them rather than helping them. Look at Starlight Inception, which got more money than Skyjacker even though it didn't even have any screenshots, let alone gameplay for people try out. Why? Because when you don't have any work to show, everyone's imagination take over, and in their head they are playing the next Freespace 2 or TIE Fighter. When you have an actual game to show, even if it's pretty good (like Skyjacker), it's never going to be as good as the perfect game in everyone's imagination.

So basically you get people giving more money to a Playstation Vita flight sim ported to PC than they do to this thing. The broken English and crazy Kickstarter page crammed full of extraneous information probably also didn't help. Oh well!

News Comments > Clint Hocking Joins Valve
7. Re: Clint Hocking Joins Valve Jul 12, 2012, 13:43 TychoCelchuuu

And I thought the Ubi DRM started after he left.  

News Comments > Hit Monkey Revealed
2. Re: Hit Monkey Revealed Jul 7, 2012, 15:28 TychoCelchuuu

Techie714 wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 15:07:
test
This is only a test.

News Comments > Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World
2. Re: Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World Jul 2, 2012, 21:40 TychoCelchuuu

Or it's so ready that it scared off even the CEO. Because it's a horror MMO. So being ready means it's scary.

Yeah this seems like a bad sign.

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released
8. Re: Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released Jun 27, 2012, 15:35 TychoCelchuuu

Frijoles wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 15:28:
:40 seconds, we see Alyx running on a light bridge. I'm guessing that's what the bridges were in E2. I forgot about those and thought for a moment that we were seeing a sneak peak of something. Still, I don't recall cinematics in HL2.
I think that's a shot from Episode 1 and it's probably from a trailer.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Details
9. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 26, 2012, 10:11 TychoCelchuuu

People apparently thing "pay for anything" is "pay to win." In MWO you will not be able to buy ANYTHING with real money that players with normal in-game money can't buy. How is that pay to win if EVERYONE can get the same powered gear? Heck, since the founder's 'Mech variants are just the default variants, they might be less powerful than non-founder's 'Mechs depending on your playing style (like if you prefer lasers and your founder's Hunchback can only mount ballistics on the hunch, or you like PPCs and your founder's catapult only mounts missiles).  

News Comments > Rome: Total War Sequel Plans?
7. Re: Rome: Total War Sequel Plans? Jun 25, 2012, 22:42 TychoCelchuuu

Please please please let us mod the game again, TW. Look at the difference between Medieval II, which can turn into a Lord of the Rings game or a Warhammer game or a game set in the Middle East or just a much more detailed version of the original, versus Shogun II or Napoleon, which are the same as when they came out except for DLC that TW uses to milk every last cent out of the player base.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Details
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Details Jun 25, 2012, 21:26 TychoCelchuuu

Closed beta is going on right now and people who pay money will get into the beta August 17th if they haven't already by then.  

News Comments > Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near
9. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 15:16 TychoCelchuuu

Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:14:
deqer wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:42:
Although their "Meet the *" videos are nice, the game TF2 still remains to be overly balanced to the point of being handicapped with it's newbie classes like Spy, or it's random critical hits mechanism; it's just so boring now because there is no sense of skill or control or dominance when you have so many shit random factors like that in the game.

Hahaha come on, in what universe is Spy a newbie class? It is one of the most difficult classes to play effectively and requires a lot of foresight and strategy. Opposition teams are well trained to shoot first on many servers so you have to effectively imitate other players, their routes and know where what class will be when which requires a well rounded understanding of class balance in general. You also need good timing and instinct to pick your goals to best help the team, not to mention a bit of luck.
deqer's definition of a newbie class is probably "whichever class usually kills me in something that I think wasn't a fair fight." He probably imagines that spies just walk around cloaked or disguised, killing whoever they want instantly with bacstabs.

News Comments > Nuclear Union Announced
11. Re: Nuclear Union Announced Jun 22, 2012, 16:25 TychoCelchuuu

The DigitalMindSoft Men of War games have been good, the Best Way ones have been pretty bad. Although Best Way co-developed the first Men of War, which was great, and they also made Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, the first game in the series, which was great. But they ALSO made Faces of War, the second game in the series, which sucked.

So in conclusion this will probably (but not definitely) suck.

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
3. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 21, 2012, 20:54 TychoCelchuuu

This is so nuts. I wasn't planning on buying DIII anyways, or at least not at full price (which, for a Blizzard game, means I'd have to wait basically forever) but now I'm getting madder at them than I get at Ubisoft or other companies with stupid DRM. At least those companies try to let you play immediately and they only lock you out if their DRM server is busted. With Blizzard they're actively stopping you from playing!

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2012, 21:08.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Quantum Conundrum
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Quantum Conundrum Jun 21, 2012, 19:51 TychoCelchuuu

I understand the whole "why does every puzzle game think it needs to be Portal" thing, but can't you give a pass to one of the people who INVENTED Portal? I mean surely she's allowed to make similar games, right?  

215 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo