Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danny

Real Name Danny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TychoCelchuuu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/user/TychoCelchuuu
Signed On Jan 21, 2007, 20:31
Total Comments 217 (Novice)
User ID 33485

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 11:49 TychoCelchuuu

Really awesome article.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
1. Re: No One Knows Who Owns NOLF Apr 6, 2013, 11:48 TychoCelchuuu

Oh come on, there's an easy way to figure this out. Just pretend to announce a new NOLF game and wait to see who sues you.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops Apr 6, 2013, 00:06 TychoCelchuuu

I've heard mixed things but I too am awaiting more opinions because this looks really neat. I love the graphics and the little bits of the world/story that I've seen so I hope the gameplay is enjoyable and not frustrating or broken.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Begins
12. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Begins Apr 3, 2013, 10:57 TychoCelchuuu

edit: Verno beat me, nooo

True Sight: a building/wall/etc will block LOS. In most RTS games, units can see in a circle around them, even behind a building. In CoH 2 (and some other RTS games, like Men of War), if a unit is standing right next to another unit but there is a wall between them, they can't see each other.

ROF: yes, rate of fire. Verno probably meant high ROF.

APM: actions per minute, a measurement of how many commands you can issue to your units. High APM = you can micromanage your units really well, and in this case tell your mortar exactly where to shoot all the time manually so that you can lead targets and stuff.

vCOH: Vanilla CoH, aka CoH before the expansions ruined it.

News Comments > Door Kickers Announced
6. Re: Door Kickers Announced Mar 23, 2013, 00:02 TychoCelchuuu

I don't own an iPad or an Android phone or any other thing that would cause me to read Pocket Tactics.  

News Comments > Door Kickers Announced
2. Re: Door Kickers Announced Mar 22, 2013, 10:51 TychoCelchuuu

This is why I read Blue's News! Games like this pop up all the time. This one looks pretty interesting - I hate spending money so I haven't bought into their crowdfunding preorder thing but I suspect my resolve is going to waver at some point.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
8. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend & Sale Mar 21, 2013, 11:09 TychoCelchuuu

This game owns. Everyone should buy it, or at least try it on sale. It's a very complicated game (much more complicated than Battlefield: IN SPACE! - BF games don't have much strategy other than "go around the side and capture the points behind the enemy") so if you find yourself getting confused, check out my comprehensive guide to help ease you in to the game.  

News Comments > Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision
3. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 13:00 TychoCelchuuu

Sega publishes the Total War games and they also published Universe at War, they are no stranger to RTS games.  

News Comments > New Year's Screenshots
3. Re: New Year's Screenshots Jan 1, 2013, 19:11 TychoCelchuuu

This is going to be pretty awesome. Or I'm going to be pretty disappointed. The combination of the crazy art direction, bizarre story, and amazing punching action made Zeno Clash one of my favorite games and I hope the sequel is every bit as good/punchtastic.  

News Comments > Project GODUS Funded
32. Re: Project GODUS Funded Dec 23, 2012, 00:28 TychoCelchuuu

Yeah Molyneux did a great job with Spore... probably because he didn't overpromise at all.

Because he didn't work on that game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 14, 2012, 13:00 TychoCelchuuu

That penis article is fake.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans "Scumbag"
13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 13:00 TychoCelchuuu

This game is free to play, right? So... hackers can just make a new account whenever they want... right?  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patched
3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patched Nov 20, 2012, 22:39 TychoCelchuuu

This wouldn't be the Blue's News comment section if people didn't complain about literally everything.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Free Content
8. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Free Content Nov 20, 2012, 12:49 TychoCelchuuu

This game was indeed a big letdown especially after how amazing the original Red Orchestra was. The shooting and movement mechanics in this are super solid but pretty much everything else is bad. We don't have the vehicles they promised long ago, Barashka is kind of a nightmare without them, the whole XP/unlock system is stupid as hell in this kind of game, and a lot of the maps aren't very fun. It's not an awful game especially with most of the performance issues fixed, but they really lost sight of what made Red Orchestra great.  

News Comments > Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail
6. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 01:59 TychoCelchuuu

Greece is not an important player? In what? The world is not some sort of game. Is some country supposed to invade Greece to free these guys?  

News Comments > Magrunner Announced
1. Re: Magrunner Announced Nov 16, 2012, 12:31 TychoCelchuuu

Love the colors, love the concept, hope it's not a crummy Portal ripoff like Twin Sector.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney
22. Re: Natural Selection 2 Launch Details; Tourney Nov 9, 2012, 23:14 TychoCelchuuu

Wow, Prez, you had a very unusual second game. My experience in the NS community as a vet has been that it's overwhelmingly nice compared to most other online FPS games, and I've heard the same t hing from many newbies in the week since release.  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
6. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Oct 31, 2012, 23:49 TychoCelchuuu

The beginning/middle of the game has a ton of non-combat. Near the end of the game it breaks down and forces a lot of combat on you (and there's also a sewer section that sort of forces combat or at least stealth) but up until that point it's a lot like New Vegas/Deus Ex.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Early
3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Early Oct 29, 2012, 21:04 TychoCelchuuu

NS2 is awesome. Not quite as good as the original mod, I'd say - they've changed it to be more accessible to new players. It's still an amazing game, though. It's ten times more complex than other multiplayer games, the graphics are absolutely stunning, the two teams are almost entirely asymmetrical, and the developers are amazing and will be supporting it until they run out of money or die, basically.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Microtransactions?
1. Re: Assassin's Creed III Microtransactions? Oct 29, 2012, 21:03 TychoCelchuuu

Thank goodness! I hate playing video games, so I'm glad Assassin's Creed III will give me the option to pay money to unlock items instead of having to play the game to get them. Hopefully in the future they'll add an option to just straight up beat the game with money without having to play at all! That would be a perfect game!  

217 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo