Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danny

Real Name Danny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TychoCelchuuu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/user/TychoCelchuuu
Signed On Jan 21, 2007, 20:31
Total Comments 212 (Novice)
User ID 33485

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Livestream
49. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 29, 2013, 20:06 TychoCelchuuu

kanniballl wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 18:20:
Dev wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 17:55:
Taskeen wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 11:56:
My recommendations for Joysticks or HOTAS setups are the following:

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (this is one of the most durable joysticks on the market)

Saitek PRO Flight X-65F HOTAS (Personally I've had bad luck with Saitek, some of their joystick batches aren't manufactured properly with calibration issues)

Going cheap on joysticks might get you by for a little while, but most of the cheap ones will break or have calibration issues eventually. Get something that lasts with a good warranty or RMA policy.

Whoa. Those are some nice looking joysticks.

Thanks for the info. But they're also pricey and large.

I was hoping for something in the $50-100 USD range, and didn't have the separate throttle and stick controls (like my old Saitek). Yet also sturdy.

I'm not that into flight sims, just the occasional jaunt, and usually only play one space sim at a time. Storing my old Saitek (which was similar to the one you posted) was a p.i.t.a. because of their awkward + tall shape.
A good cheap joystick is the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro. It's the one I've been using for years and it has yet to let me down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Aliens: Colonial Marines
12. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 13:25 TychoCelchuuu

I got Syndicate like this for $0.75 (or free, I can't remember) and it was worth it, but the effort of printing out + mailing in a rebate is too much to go through for this game.  

News Comments > Ashes Cricket 2013 Delayed Until Next Month
1. Re: Ashes Cricket 2013 Delayed Until Next Month Jun 19, 2013, 15:15 TychoCelchuuu

noooooooooo  

News Comments > GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight
14. Re: GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight Jun 18, 2013, 15:33 TychoCelchuuu

Raven wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 15:28:
So, do GOG games ever get pulled from sale, and if so, do you still have access to them if you haven't downloaded them yet?

For example, on Steam you used to be able to buy Neverwinter Nights, but it has since been pulled from their store page. But if you bought it already, its still in your library and you can download it again whenever you want.
When XIII was being pulled from GOG.com they had a big announcement and told everyone to buy it if they wanted it because it wouldn't be sold any more, and of course you still have access - not only does GOG.com let you download stuff, all their games are DRM free.

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
5. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 12:16 TychoCelchuuu

I was all set to hate this but it turns out you can turn off most of the dumb stuff in the options menu so maybe this will be a pretty good game. It's first person, at least...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding
13. Re: Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding Jun 11, 2013, 13:14 TychoCelchuuu

I don't even like any of the Chris Roberts games as much as the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games that Wing Commander was competing against but I gave him $125 because it's not like Wing Commander sucked, plus it's about time that space sims came back. Between this and Enemy Starfighter I'm getting pretty excited about the future of space sims.  

News Comments > Spawn of StarCraft II
1. Re: Spawn of StarCraft II Jun 4, 2013, 20:21 TychoCelchuuu

Heh, it's even better than spawning in one way, because you don't need to be near the person. But on the other hand you still can't actually run the game on a LAN so that's lame. Still, I think this is pretty cool.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 30, 2013, 10:58 TychoCelchuuu

Yeah, nobody is getting any points like this. Once while I was idly browsing the net I noticed Bethesda tweet something like "follow all of our foreign twitter accounts, they're giving away DLC for Dishonored and Skyrim!" So I opened those 6 twitter accounts (Germany, France, Netherlands, etc) in my browser and moved it to my second monitor and set the pages to constantly refresh. Over a period of 15 minutes they gave away at least 6 codes, and even though I entered them almost immediately they were always taken. And that was from multiple twitter accounts with a few thousand followers for a giveaway that wasn't announced long beforehand. One BioWare twitter and one Facebook page, which both already have thousands and thousands of people watching them? Fat chance.

It's a shame too because as far as I can tell BioWare points never go on sale, right?

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 29, 2013, 00:18 TychoCelchuuu

This is a tremendous bundle.  

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Adds Singleplayer
7. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Adds Singleplayer May 27, 2013, 11:54 TychoCelchuuu

eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2013, 11:27:
My advise to them, reboot the Kickstarter and start it again in September going into October (seems to be the time Kickstarters get the most money), drop all MP features and make them stretch goals, and give us a SP/Instant Skirmish base platform, make editor free to all, allow everyone to host their own servers, allow modding, and stop assuming everyone knows Heavy Gear's story and faction (or remembers that).

And lastly, ARENA combat is a big turn-off. If anything I want mech combat on map areas like in BF3 Armored Kill, just twice larger. ^^
But then how are they supposed to make tons of money after release by selling us F2P currency to buy new stuff for our Gears?

Amusingly I think the Heavy Gear franchise is one of the worst options for launching a free to play mech arena deathmatch game. People who enjoy Heavy Gear want a tactical campaign, not a bombastic arena. I could see people going in for a MechWarrior Solaris game, but Heavy Gear for me has always been as much about tactics as anything else.

But maybe the know this but they went F2P anyways because that will earn them more money and because it's much easier to make an arena game on a tiny budget than it is to make a huge single player campaign.

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
14. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 21:27 TychoCelchuuu

Yawn. Steam's taking baby steps onto Linux - in a decade I wonder if anyone's going to have to care about Windows at all when it comes to gaming.  

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter
20. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter May 21, 2013, 21:35 TychoCelchuuu

I'm not donating because I don't like giving money to free to play games, generally, and I of course like everyone else would like a single player game much more, but I think you folks are being WAY too harsh on Stompy Bot. I think they probably want to make a single player game too, but that would cost too much and it wouldn't make enough money. This is why Mechwarrior 5 (remember that awesome trailer?) turned into Mechwarrior Online and this is probably why Hawken is a free to play mech deathmatch game rather than something with a single player component too.

So although I probably won't be pledging, it's not because I hate these idiots for not making what I want. I understand that it's tough to get enough money to make an expensive single player game these days - people only buy an SP game once (or they pirate it) and then you never get any more money, whereas with a free to play game you can release the beta before it's even done (hello MechWarrior Online) and start earning money right then and there. Much less risky.

News Comments > Gimbal Expansion One
1. Re: Gimbal Expansion One May 18, 2013, 14:27 TychoCelchuuu

This game is pretty fun.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 28, 2013, 21:28 TychoCelchuuu

Nothing so far. It's great on PC though.  

News Comments > Minimum Announced
7. Re: Minimum Announced Apr 10, 2013, 02:23 TychoCelchuuu

I came here to get mad at everyone for yelling at a company that dared to do something other than just copy Call of Duty then I watched the trailer and... yeah it's ugly as hell. If you want to see minimalism done right in a competitive FPS, look at Warsow.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 11:49 TychoCelchuuu

Really awesome article.  

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
1. Re: No One Knows Who Owns NOLF Apr 6, 2013, 11:48 TychoCelchuuu

Oh come on, there's an easy way to figure this out. Just pretend to announce a new NOLF game and wait to see who sues you.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops Apr 6, 2013, 00:06 TychoCelchuuu

I've heard mixed things but I too am awaiting more opinions because this looks really neat. I love the graphics and the little bits of the world/story that I've seen so I hope the gameplay is enjoyable and not frustrating or broken.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Begins
12. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Begins Apr 3, 2013, 10:57 TychoCelchuuu

edit: Verno beat me, nooo

True Sight: a building/wall/etc will block LOS. In most RTS games, units can see in a circle around them, even behind a building. In CoH 2 (and some other RTS games, like Men of War), if a unit is standing right next to another unit but there is a wall between them, they can't see each other.

ROF: yes, rate of fire. Verno probably meant high ROF.

APM: actions per minute, a measurement of how many commands you can issue to your units. High APM = you can micromanage your units really well, and in this case tell your mortar exactly where to shoot all the time manually so that you can lead targets and stuff.

vCOH: Vanilla CoH, aka CoH before the expansions ruined it.

News Comments > Door Kickers Announced
6. Re: Door Kickers Announced Mar 23, 2013, 00:02 TychoCelchuuu

I don't own an iPad or an Android phone or any other thing that would cause me to read Pocket Tactics.  

212 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo