Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danny

Real Name Danny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TychoCelchuuu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/user/TychoCelchuuu
Signed On Jan 21, 2007, 20:31
Total Comments 220 (Novice)
User ID 33485

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War Title Change
5. Re: Total War Title Change Nov 27, 2010, 18:49 TychoCelchuuu

I've always thought it would make more sense to put Total War in front because that's really the best identifier for the games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad Beta
3. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad Beta Nov 18, 2010, 10:05 TychoCelchuuu

Grounded, you're only describing the single player, and even then you're describing it when you're not playing coop, which is twice as fun. The multiplayer isn't like that at all (and even the coop is much different).  

News Comments > New Battlefield 2 Project Reality
4. Re: New Battlefield 2 Project Reality Oct 18, 2010, 15:58 TychoCelchuuu

You have to be the kind of person that enjoys lots of teamwork and slow, deliberate fights, but if you're a fan or ArmA or something like that then this is one of the most awesome mods in the history of the world. The amount of intricacy and depth they've added is pretty breathtaking. I haven't played in forever and presumably 90% of the people who play are idiots but it's great fun if you get a good team and a good match.  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad Beta Plans
2. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad Beta Plans Aug 13, 2010, 09:52 TychoCelchuuu

haha I clicked on that looking to see who else was doing videos and it turned out to be me  

News Comments > EA Files Syndicate TMs
2. Re: EA Files Syndicate TMs Aug 4, 2010, 09:18 TychoCelchuuu

JayDeath wrote on Aug 4, 2010, 08:31:
Yeah for a new Syndicate! Bah for EA being involved. Shit.

But yeah for Starbreeze!

News Comments > StarCraft II Overheating Bug
1. Re: StarCraft II Overheating Bug Jul 30, 2010, 10:21 TychoCelchuuu

Well that's not good.  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines VTMB2010
2. Re: Any good? Jul 26, 2010, 13:00 TychoCelchuuu

Can't speak for the giant mod compilation but with the "bugfix only" version of the latest fan patch it's pretty bug free, easily as good as Deus Ex for the first half, and moderately good for the second half. The voice acting, actual NPC acting (especially in the faces), and the story are fantastic all the way through. It has some serious flaws, just like Deus Ex or Arcanum or something, but it's a very rewarding game. Easily worth playing a couple times, once as anybody except Malkavian and another time as a Malkavian.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Gameplay Trailer Jul 26, 2010, 12:58 TychoCelchuuu

Not exactly a trailer I'd say. My favorite part of the video is the Gorge. Adorable.  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Free Weekend Underway
5. Re: R.U.S.E. Free Weekend Underway Jul 16, 2010, 10:31 TychoCelchuuu

Very neat game. Not a buy for me, though.

I don't really like how, if you give an order to any selected unit (and you often miss attack orders, causing them to move), that it deselects said units every time...

Very cool on how differently each nation plays though. Quite different.
There's a menu setting for that. I believe it's called "Deselect after order" or something. You should probably turn it off.

People complain about how PC games are getting dumbed down because of consoles but if nobody checks the options menu before starting a game I think it might be our fault.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Alpha Date
4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Alpha Date Jul 14, 2010, 09:22 TychoCelchuuu

Part of me thinks they are shooting themselves in the foot with this - Alpha footage leaks to youtube - potential buyers see its a broken mess = don't buy the game.

Theres a reason game developers NEVER show anything before the final beta candidates where only balancing and bug finding are the goal.

I'm worried too, but on the other hand I don't mind if the community is small and made up only of people smart enough to realize what "alpha" actually means.

News Comments > Battlefield Academy Trailer
4. Re: Battlefield Academy Trailer Jul 13, 2010, 15:17 TychoCelchuuu

Jeez guys, calm down. It's a turn based casual game. I'm sure the graphics are bad so that anyone can run it and I don't think they're trying to take down Company of Heroes.  

News Comments > Project Dust Revealed
2. Re: Project Dust Revealed Jun 16, 2010, 21:06 TychoCelchuuu

Yeah I have no idea how anyone could possibly download a game. Where does the disc come from? And what about the box it comes in? This sounds like witchcraft to me Beadyeyes  

News Comments > Why Didn't You Buy GSB?
66. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 6, 2010, 11:06 TychoCelchuuu

I didn't buy it because I don't like tower defense style games. Sitting back and watching my planning unfold is fine in short spurts (wego turn based games) but over a longer period it's not my cup of tea.

Interesting to see people who didn't buy it because of the name or because it looked like another game they don't like or because the website is bad or something. It seems to me that the amount of fun someone will have playing a game has nothing to do with any of that.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode: PC in Doubt
4. Re: Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode: PC in Doubt May 12, 2010, 10:13 TychoCelchuuu

I don't really see myself playing 4 person coop against the Bad Company 2 AI. That's not really a fun way to play the Battlefield series. If I have 3 buddies, it's much more fun just to hop on Vent, squad up, and play a normal multiplayer match.  

News Comments > Free Men of War Multiplayer Tomorrow
2. Re: Free Men of War Multiplayer Tomorrow May 10, 2010, 16:27 TychoCelchuuu

This is indeed a wonderful game. Can't agree that the series is great; Faces of War was crap wrapped in more crap. Soldiers: Heroes of World War II was cool though.

And frankly they all have terrible names.

News Comments > Men of War Patches
5. Re: Men of War Patches May 10, 2010, 10:07 TychoCelchuuu

spindoctor, are you sure? Best Way handles the Steam patches and they haven't updated it to the previous version yet.  

News Comments > Men of War Patches
2. Re: Men of War Patches May 9, 2010, 17:47 TychoCelchuuu

Manual application for Steam owners until Best Way gets off its butt and does it for us. Still, the patching process is easy so really you're just at the same level as everyone else for this one.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Engine Test on Steam
10. Re: Natural Selection 2 Engine Test on Steam May 8, 2010, 16:50 TychoCelchuuu

Starcraft 2 does the same sort of "preorder and get into the beta" thing and I don't see too many people whining about that. If you don't want to do it just don't buy the game until it comes out. That's pretty simple, I'd say.  

News Comments > AMD: Games Only Use PhysX for Cash
7. Re: AMD: Games Only Use PhysX for Cash Mar 8, 2010, 19:48 TychoCelchuuu

I don't care why they use it, PhysX is cool. I'm glad someone's paying developers to make their games cooler. Of course, my computer can't really run it, but it's fun to look at the gameplay videos of the fog in Batman or Mirror's Edge. And perhaps some day in the future my 8800GTS will be a dedicated PhysX processor.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Lerk Reveal
4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Lerk Reveal Feb 26, 2010, 19:44 TychoCelchuuu

That's not a custom server attack, that was the Lerk's attack in the original version of NS. They took it out because the Lerks were too campy, I think. I doubt they will add Lerklift.  

220 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo