Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danny

Real Name Danny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TychoCelchuuu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/user/TychoCelchuuu
Signed On Jan 21, 2007, 20:31
Total Comments 217 (Novice)
User ID 33485

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 29, 2011, 21:10 TychoCelchuuu

The game so nice they released it twice!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Beta Adds Maps and Deluxe Upgrade for Access
11. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Beta Adds Maps and Deluxe Upgrade for Access Sep 2, 2011, 22:53 TychoCelchuuu

Got my first real chance to play this tonight. What a wonderful game, although I was stuck on Danzig ("Apartments") most of the time and it's a little buggy. Can't wait for them to whip it into final shape.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option
6. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option Jul 30, 2011, 18:04 TychoCelchuuu

nutshell42 wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 17:43:
I'm heading over to amazon now.

I'm so fucking tired of having to hunt through 10 subdirectories and binary config files to change this setting, and I can't even remember the last game that had a menu option (not the biggest fps player, but fuck you Valve amongst others). If there's one developer who actually listens, it should be rewarded.

It's sad that the game as a whole looks like it's 2007 but I'm not a graphics whore. =)

Fuck you Valve? It's been a while but I'm pretty sure Valve games have the FoV option in, like, the options menu.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM
3. Re: CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM Jul 8, 2011, 23:37 TychoCelchuuu

Next Namco is going to sue them for making a good game and selling more copies than other Namco games.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August
3. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 12:56 TychoCelchuuu

How pumped am I? So pumped.  

News Comments > Michael J. Fox Goes Back to Back to the Future
5. Re: Michael J. Fox Goes Back to Back to the Future Jun 5, 2011, 19:40 TychoCelchuuu

Clearly he will be playing Grown-Up Marty.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials: "Certain Projects" Terminated
3. Re: Ubisoft Financials: May 12, 2011, 17:47 TychoCelchuuu

I hope "certain projects" doesn't refer to anyone's children or something like that. That's probably the most ominous wording for corporate changes that I've seen in a while.  

News Comments > Rock of Ages Website
1. Re: Rock of Ages Website Mar 23, 2011, 08:44 TychoCelchuuu

I'm looking forward to this game quite a bit.  

News Comments > E.Y.E Delayed, Soundtrack Released
2. Re: E.Y.E Delayed, Soundtrack Released Mar 15, 2011, 15:43 TychoCelchuuu

It has always struck me as something that is either going to be pretty stupendous or a monumental failure. In any case, I'm really interested in seeing what ends up happening.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Demo Tweaking
2. Re: Crysis 2 Demo Tweaking Mar 11, 2011, 11:18 TychoCelchuuu

It's doing you a favor if it won't let you log in.  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad - Special Edition
3. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad - Special Edition Mar 8, 2011, 09:57 TychoCelchuuu

That's funny, Parias, because I'd say that's one of Assault Squad's greatest strength. They focused on making an enjoyable, balanced multiplayer and skirmish experience without the flaws of the original Men of War. Sure, you don't get an awesome single player camapaign, but the skirmish makes for god coop and the game is much improved overall. Who knows: maybe people will make all sorts of single player missions or port them over from the original Men of War, like they did with the Faces of War missions for Men of War.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Trailer
4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer Jan 21, 2011, 17:36 TychoCelchuuu

If they're already in beta, it seems a bit late to be adding in new features. You should be feature and content complete by alpha, with the remaining time spent solely on polishing the game.

"Beta" in this case is more of a name to let them sell more copies of the game than it is a real description of where it's at. Only the people who ordered the Special Edition were allowed to be alpha testers, and when the alpha started they stopped selling the SE, so presumably they needed more money and decided to open up the "beta" which normal preorders can get in to. I don't mind, because anything to get more preorders/more money is in my eyes a good thing, but it is sort of tricky. I'd say the game is a pretty good ways away from being done.

On the other hand, lots of other companies use "beta" to describe a demo so really, Unknown Worlds Entertainment is probably closer to an actual beta than most "beta" releases these days are.

News Comments > Zombie Cow Game Canceled
4. Re: Zombie Cow Game Canceled Jan 13, 2011, 12:49 TychoCelchuuu

I got Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen, Please! in the latest Steam sale and they're really great games. They take me back to the Monkey Island days. I hope that whatever they decide to do next is as good.  

News Comments > Dungeons Date, Trailer
3. Re: Dungeons Date, Trailer Dec 9, 2010, 20:57 TychoCelchuuu

I for one am happy that someone is doing a modern Dungeon Keeper. If it runs at .07 FPS like the trailer I won't be too thrilled and the PEGI 12+ rating seems to imply there won't be half-naked dominatrices torturing the heroes that I capture but whatever.

Does anyone notice how the guy who says the PEGI ratings sounds happier if it's a game rated for kids? When he says "PEGI 18" he almost sounds angry about it.

News Comments > EA's OnLive Skepticism
3. Re: EA's OnLive Skepticism Dec 7, 2010, 20:51 TychoCelchuuu

I was completely convince that OnLive was some sort of elaborate scam or at least a potential giant failure and then it came out and it actually works fine. The lag is there if you're playing UT3 or something but I tried out Darksiders and AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity and they both worked just fine. I was pretty surprised. I wouldn't really pay for it because the video quality isn't as nice as running it on my computer, but seeing as this thing runs on netbooks and stuff it seems like a stupendous alternative to console games or something.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch
3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Beta Patch Dec 4, 2010, 23:50 TychoCelchuuu

It's on the edge of playable. I would hold off - there is quite a long way for the game to go. Right now lots of features are missing, it's unbalanced, pretty buggy, and most importantly it's unoptimized so the performance is often pretty bad. On the plus side it looks gorgeous and drips with potential, and they have nowhere to go but up.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website
3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 19:43 TychoCelchuuu

Wow, mega-negativity here. From everything we've seen, this game is embracing multiple paths, free-roaming environments, a detailed, grid-based inventory system with modifiable items, a fair amount of aug upgrades, vent-crawling, crate-stacking (and you can see through the crate when you pick it up), and so on, plus every third sentence out of their mouth is about how they're trying to be like the original Deus Ex. Pretty much the only substantial changes to the formula appear to be much improved graphics (I suppose I can live with that), 3rd person elements (worse than genocide), and a button you can hit to knock someone out instead of thwaking them with a baton. If sticking this close to the classic PC game is console bullshit then I wish ever game was full of console bullshit.  

News Comments > Total War Title Change
5. Re: Total War Title Change Nov 27, 2010, 18:49 TychoCelchuuu

I've always thought it would make more sense to put Total War in front because that's really the best identifier for the games.  

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad Beta
3. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad Beta Nov 18, 2010, 10:05 TychoCelchuuu

Grounded, you're only describing the single player, and even then you're describing it when you're not playing coop, which is twice as fun. The multiplayer isn't like that at all (and even the coop is much different).  

News Comments > New Battlefield 2 Project Reality
4. Re: New Battlefield 2 Project Reality Oct 18, 2010, 15:58 TychoCelchuuu

You have to be the kind of person that enjoys lots of teamwork and slow, deliberate fights, but if you're a fan or ArmA or something like that then this is one of the most awesome mods in the history of the world. The amount of intricacy and depth they've added is pretty breathtaking. I haven't played in forever and presumably 90% of the people who play are idiots but it's great fun if you get a good team and a good match.  

217 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo