Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danny

Real Name Danny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TychoCelchuuu
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/user/TychoCelchuuu
Signed On Jan 21, 2007, 20:31
Total Comments 215 (Novice)
User ID 33485

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
7. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 11:52 TychoCelchuuu

If you think that's bad, check out this other tank they copied identically.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter Becomes TAKEDOWN
1. Re: Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter Becomes TAKEDOWN Mar 26, 2012, 20:25 TychoCelchuuu

Unfortunately this looks like it's too little too late, but at least they're learning their lesson. "Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter" was a horrific name. The slick fancy branding and pretty pictures might've helped them gain more momentum early on. Then again those pictures look pretty crummy to me. I'm still 100% behind the idea of the game, though, and it's a shame that this project, at least, isn't looking like it'll see the light of day. There's always Ground Branch, I guess, which has been in development forever but which still seems to be going along.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2012, 20:54.

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors
9. Re: Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors Mar 23, 2012, 23:24 TychoCelchuuu

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 22:23:
silentsammy wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 21:06:
That's too bad...their CGI trailer for the game at least had me interested in the general concept behind the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvkt0QNboSk&feature=related

Just like Dead Island's CGI movie right?
If you doubt the game can match the trailer, why not check out the gameplay video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMZva__rU14

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Update; Fargo Says: "Kick It Forward"
14. Re: Wasteland 2 Update; Fargo Says: Mar 21, 2012, 13:19 TychoCelchuuu

jason wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 13:07:
Where is the tex murphy remake? I can't find it on kickstarter...

It's not up yet. I can't believe you don't read Rock Paper Shotgun in this day and age

News Comments > Dishonored Video
2. Re: Dishonored Video Mar 20, 2012, 16:27 TychoCelchuuu

Agreed. The art is stupendous, the free-roaming/choose your own path approach is a recipe for either sweet, sweet success or hilarious failure, and given Arkane's track record I'm not super worried.  

News Comments > Layoffs Strike Starbreeze
2. Re: Layoffs Strike Starbreeze Feb 17, 2012, 23:51 TychoCelchuuu

This is pretty typical practice for the game industry. It's just how things work. Don't grow up to be game developers, little children.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo for All
33. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo for All Feb 17, 2012, 15:14 TychoCelchuuu

I'm one of the few people who really didn't like the direction Mass Effect 2 took the series: Mass Effect 1 was a game I absolutely loved, and Mass Effect 2 I could mostly just tolerate. What little I've seen of the single player in ME3 looks pretty atrocious, but I installed the demo to check out the multiplayer and it's tons of fun. I hate having to unlock every single little tiny thing, but the combat feels a lot like the original Mass Effect, and since I'm one of like 4 people on Earth who liked that game more than ME2, I'm enjoying ME3. The question is whether multiplayer will have any players left when I eventually buy the game when it goes on sale. $60 or whatever they're asking is too much after I got burned on ME2.  

News Comments > F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups
11. Re: F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups Feb 7, 2012, 01:07 TychoCelchuuu

The developers have plainly admitted that Hawken is a twitch FPS with big powerful machines. If it suits the gameplay, I couldn't give a flying crap how "realistic" the spin speed is.

Heck, it's not even something they have to "admit." It's just how they're making the game. It's a mech action game, not a mech simulation game. I love Mechwarrior as much as the next guy but it's not fair to get mad at them for making a game different than what you might've expected, Batman.

And elefunk is right: we're getting a genuine sim too, so you don't even have to be sad.

News Comments > Men of War: Condemned Heroes Website; Trailer
5. Re: Men of War: Condemned Heroes Website; Trailer Jan 31, 2012, 22:17 TychoCelchuuu

I'm hoping they skip the bit in Red Tide where they forgot to include co-op play of course. That's been the selling point of the series so far for me (although is also the reason I skipped Assault Squad).

Assault Squad is actually sort of fun in co-op, but the skirmish missions are definitely a different experience than the more story-based/objective based missions in Men of War.

News Comments > CA Reimbursements to ESA Grow
5. Re: Ca Reimbursements to ESA Grow Jan 27, 2012, 03:08 TychoCelchuuu

It might've even been a net gain for them if it got them publicity that they wanted. They can add "STOOD UP AGAINST EVIL VIDEOGAMES" to their list of achievements and just not really mention that they failed.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Jan 20, 2012, 22:27 TychoCelchuuu

Yes.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview Jan 11, 2012, 21:42 TychoCelchuuu

I think they're still a bit of a way's away from having stuff to take video/screenshots of. This seems to be fairly early in the development process.  

News Comments > WGA Nominees
1. Re: WGA Nominees Jan 11, 2012, 21:38 TychoCelchuuu

BRINK and Mortal Kombat? These awards are always a joke because they're limited to games written by guild members, but... BRINK? Mortal Kombat?  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 SDK
14. Re: Red Orchestra 2 SDK Jan 11, 2012, 14:25 TychoCelchuuu

Yes, they released a broken game, they're horrible people blah blah whatever. I still find it super duper fun, though, so although I have every right to be mad at them for selling a buggy piece of software, I'm still happy with the money I paid for it, because it's a good game. The original is/was one of my favorite games of all time, and although I disagree with a lot of the silly stuff they did this time around, I think the fundamentals are extremely strong. Assuming they fix all the broken stuff (they've done a fairly good job so far but the pace has been slow...) I see no reason why this won't also become one of my favorite games of all time.

Plus you can't say that shoving a dead crew member aside in your tank isn't awesome.

News Comments > Syndicate Co-op Trailer
5. Re: Syndicate Co-op Trailer Jan 3, 2012, 23:12 TychoCelchuuu

Missions from the original sounds kind of neat. Everything I've seen of this game so far suggests that it's still possible that it won't suck. That's a step better than the X-COM game we're getting, so I suppose that's a plus.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2?
15. Re: Company of Heroes 2? Dec 20, 2011, 14:47 TychoCelchuuu

Relic working on a new RTS = I don't know whether I want CoH 2 or Homeworld 3 more. I'd prefer CoH 2 over a HW3 that was dumbed down for the mainstream market, but I think a true HW3 might be more fun than CoH 2. Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be very pretty looking.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Dec 14, 2011, 23:41 TychoCelchuuu

I'm glad we're defending New Detroit, because I'm not sure normal Detroit is worth saving from giant insecs.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 29, 2011, 21:10 TychoCelchuuu

The game so nice they released it twice!  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Beta Adds Maps and Deluxe Upgrade for Access
11. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Beta Adds Maps and Deluxe Upgrade for Access Sep 2, 2011, 22:53 TychoCelchuuu

Got my first real chance to play this tonight. What a wonderful game, although I was stuck on Danzig ("Apartments") most of the time and it's a little buggy. Can't wait for them to whip it into final shape.  

215 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo