Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Richard

Real Name Richard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RoboNerd
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Well-aged gamey-gamer.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 19, 2007, 13:38
Total Comments 157 (Novice)
User ID 33441

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2014, 11:01 RoboNerd

By the way Blue if you see this I can't seem to use all the smileys by clicking on "More", once the box pops up just under the Bluesnews banner is a gray box with the message "unable to resolve the server's DNS address" and I can't scroll down the page of smileys like I used to. Maybe it is just a quirk Chrome has developed, that is my usual browser, haven't tried anything else.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2014, 10:55 RoboNerd

Creston wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:25:
InBlack wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 09:18:
(Germany seems to be the exception in this case, I was on a short tour to Germany last year and german beer trumps all other beer as far as quality is concerned pretty much everywhere in Germany)

Germans are serious about two things. Beer and Food.

Years ago my wife and I were visiting German friends of hers in Augsberg, somehow the discussion got around to beer, and not being real partakers ourselves we probably dismissed it...our host proceeded to inform us that BEER IST FOOD! That cracked us up, and we have used that line over the years.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2014, 09:23 RoboNerd

In the immortal words of W.C Fields...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcGfuEZ9dSo

That never gets old for me....

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2014, 10:23 RoboNerd

Well played Mr. Blue, I see we both picked Seattle to win the Superbowl so I cannot overtake you. However, should we be wrong at least I'll be in good company.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2014, 10:07 RoboNerd

Snicker... someone actually boo'ed Jimmy Fallon and "The Boss" at the end of their parody.

Tough crowd... Guitarist

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2014, 10:14.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2013, 10:33 RoboNerd

WarPig is Boss Hog of this deal. Ended up in the middle of the pack, but had three weeks in the top slot earlier in the season, so that was a giddy time.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 16:06 RoboNerd

Blue,

Not to be a downer, but with my 12 win week I get the message that I am the most improved by moving up two slots. So I think the Insiders cleverly lets each of us think we are doing great. How diabolical of them.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 10:47 RoboNerd

Seems fitting to share the story of Old Drum:

Old Drum

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 09:11 RoboNerd

Welcome to the 11 pick club! I could have had twelve if my head had won the argument with my heart on the Chiefs Broncos game, but I took one for the team.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2013, 19:44 RoboNerd

Jivaro wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 17:24:
I bottomed out again with only 8 correctly picked going into tonight. 1st to 10th in the span of 3 weeks.

Welcome to the pack, as one who sat in the lofty perch for three weeks, I know how you feel. Welcome

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 10:54 RoboNerd

Raven wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 10:17:
1badmf wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 09:49:
i'm pretty sure the theory is sound, and engineering problems only take time and money to overcome

Tankless water heaters exist. They are quite popular in some countries/areas.

My wife and I installed a gas tankless hot water heater five years ago. No problems with it so far. The only routine upkeep is to circulate vinegar through the unit about once a year to keep the scale from our hard water from crudding up the system. I had the company who installed the unit come out and do that the first time then once I saw how easy it was I have done it since. One thing to remember is if you lose electrical power you can't generate hot water as the unit needs juice for the electronic controls.

FYI we are located just outside KC and I refuse to follow most of the BlueNews league and bet against the Chiefs. GO CHIEFS! Number1

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2013, 10:48 RoboNerd

I went 9-6 this week and attribute my turnaround from the last two weeks to ignoring all the "advice" from Terry, Howie, and any other TV or internet predictions. I do my best when I go with my gut and don't over-think it. Kind of like Chevy Chase playing golf in Caddyshack.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 1, 2013, 21:09 RoboNerd

As covered by SCTV...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUtdXzBSVaU

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2013, 10:38 RoboNerd

Don't know what type/brand of monitor you are dealing with, but you might consider checking out the capacitor kits sold by lcdalternatives.com. I was able to repair a non-working monitor for a relative using a kit from them. I do not consider myself a techno-soldering whiz but by watching the videos, I felt I could do it, and did it.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2013, 10:37 RoboNerd

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. After spending three weeks in the top position, my slide down turned into a free fall, and I went from 4th place to 10th place. In the immortal words of Dr. Zachary Smith "Oh the pain, the pain"  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 10:20 RoboNerd

I just read today's "Out Of The Blue" to Mrs. Robonerd, she was not amused.  

News Comments > Red Baron Remake Kickstarter
22. Re: Red Baron Remake Kickstarter Oct 22, 2013, 21:59 RoboNerd

I wish someone would update Full Metal Planet, or how about Seven Cities of Gold?

Probably never gonna happen, wait, did I just date myself? Toff

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2013, 10:42 RoboNerd

Oh, how the mighty have fallen! I salute Javiro_Dratz...as well as seagle15, Vernoz, and TorchMaster.

Now I can relax in anonymity... Paperbag

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2013, 20:23 RoboNerd

I agree week 5 was tough (8-6) and yet I still stand alone atop the heap and breathe the heady air of first place. Sure, I know it can't last, but for now it's the giggles. Crown  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2013, 10:44 RoboNerd

Blue, I'm pretty sure you are younger(ish) than me, but if you see yourself staying in this house and growing old there consider installing an ADA height toilet now. A good toilet can last decades. As far as brands, I am partial to Toto myself.  

157 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo